PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson, Mosgov, and Deng's deal

TomCat
07-02-2016, 08:42 PM
These deals are looking better each and every day.

Lebronxrings
07-02-2016, 09:33 PM
still better than kobes last deal

Meticode
07-02-2016, 09:34 PM
:biggums:

NugzFan
07-02-2016, 10:53 PM
laker fans expectations fell so quickly. i guess they just wanted to sign role players all along?

RedBlackAttack
07-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Just to put it in perspective, this is what the Lakers have done this offseason...

Paid Deng more than Kyrie Irving.

Paid Mozgov more than Tristan Thompson.

Paid Clarkson over twice as much as the Cavs paid JR Smith.

Wow. I'm just at a loss for words.

There are some really good Lakers posters on here, so maybe they can explain the rationale, but I don't get it atm. I know the money is crazy right now and I won't argue about dollar numbers for that reason... but giving Mozzy a 4 year deal? I'm stumped.

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2016, 11:20 PM
No they aren't.:lol

NugzFan
07-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Just to put it in perspective, this is what the Lakers have done this offseason...

There are some really good Lakers posters on here, so maybe they can explain the rationale, but I don't get it atm. I know the money is crazy right now and I won't argue about dollar numbers for that reason... but giving Mozzy a 4 year deal? I'm stumped.

i hate the lakers too but these comparisons of old contracts vs new are the dumbest shit to read. none of it means anything.

34-24 Footwork
07-02-2016, 11:21 PM

80% of Cavs "fans" were just recently trashing the contracts of Kevin Love, Tristian Thompson and Kyrie Irving not even 1 month ago.

You guys don't have "moral superiority" on this issue. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Even though these aren't the pick ups that Laker fans expect, that's ok. We made a good draft decision and we have a good mix of young players and veterans from top to bottom. No stars, but players that can produce on both ends.

Real Laker fans aren't necessarily mad...rather disappointed. Many more of these years to come as long as no big name player Is there...

Velocirap31
07-02-2016, 11:23 PM

:lol

showtime2008
07-03-2016, 12:02 AM

Bron is about to get paid $30m per year to win one champ for cle. Magic and Cap were paid <$1m to win 5!

The way you felt after reading what I just wrote is exactly how we felt after reading the trash you posted.

Nastradamus
07-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Deng played really well as a stretch 4 last year. Similar style to Harrison Barnes when he plays 4. Russell-Clarkson-Ingram-Deng-Mozgov at least is a starting 5 of legit starting players in this league. Gotta fill out the bench, but Lou,Randle and Nance is a decent start. Need a scoring 2/3, a vet backup PG and big man depth.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 12:04 AM
80% of Cavs "fans" were just recently trashing the contracts of Kevin Love, Tristian Thompson and Kyrie Irving not even 1 month ago.
Only needed to read this much of the post. Go back and read the threads. I thought they were all good-to-great deals.

That's a strawman argument.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 12:07 AM
Bron is about to get paid $30m per year to win one champ for cle. Magic and Cap were paid <$1m to win 5!

The way you felt after reading what I just wrote is exactly how we felt after reading the trash you posted.
Such a non-point.

1. Those contracts I cited were signed either last year or the year before, not 3-4 decades ago. That's why it made sense to "overpay" for players last year. It avoided this outlandish spending. I understand how the new CBA changed the way players in free agency are valued. You'll never convince me that the Mozgov or Deng contracts make any sense regardless.

2. I feel fine about the contract LeBron will be getting. It is well deserved.

Also, this isn't an anti-Lakers thing. The only reason I'm commenting is because I watched Mozgov play every game in the last year and a half, since he got traded to Cleveland. His game steeply declined seemingly throughout his second year.

Deng also played briefly for the Cavs and looked to be on his last leg... and that was three years ago. Yes, I realize he was probably not giving it all because he wasn't on a contending team, but isn't that sort of the situation he's stepping into in LA?

I don't hate the Lakers. I just don't understand the moves.