PDA

View Full Version : I think Obama will be looked as one of the greatest presidents in the last 50 years

1987_Lakers
07-02-2016, 11:22 PM
- Got us out of the Great recession
- Struck nuclear deal with Iran
- Legalization of same-sex marriage
- Killed Osama Bin Laden
- Struck relations with Cuba for the first time in over 50 years
- Did more for climate change than any other president in history
- Provided millions of Americans with Health Care
- Dodd-Frank Wall Steet Reform Act
- Saved the Auto-Industry

I think Americans will look at Obama in a positive light once they see how bad Hillary or Trump will be when they take over, people forget this country was on the verge of disaster when Obama took over, the economy was the worst it's ever been since the great depression, and to make matters worse we were stuck in wars that we shouldn't even have been in the first place. Props to Obama, he might not get the recognition he deserves at the moment, but in a few years people will realize what a good president he was. We are in much better shape today than we were in late 2008.

poido123
07-02-2016, 11:38 PM
- Got us out of the Great recession
- Struck nuclear deal with Iran
- Killed Osama Bin Laden
- Struck relations with Cuba for the first time in over 50 years
- Did more for climate change than any other president in history
- Provided millions of Americans with Health Care
- Dodd-Frank Wall Steet Reform Act
- Saved the Auto-Industry

I think Americans will look at Obama in a positive light once they see how bad Hillary or Trump will be when they take over, people forget this country was on the verge of disaster when Obama took over, the economy was the worst it's ever been since the great depression, and to make matters worse we were stuck in wars that we shouldn't even have been in the first place. Props to Obama, he might not get the recognition he deserves at the moment, but in a few years people will realize what a good president he was. We are in much better shape today than we were in late 2008.

Lies.

Obama came on board when the financial crisis was on an upturn.

Iran deal is a disaster. You don't make deals with a theocratic government.

Osama Bin Laden was a false flag. The work was already done for him, he simply said the word yes.

Obama Care is hated by most. All I keep hearing is how Americans lament the extra cost since it came in.

NumberSix
07-02-2016, 11:41 PM
Are you implying that Obama somehow coerced the Supreme Court into voting a certain way on the gay marriage case?

highwhey
07-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Yeah, obama care is a load of crock. It puts financial strain on small businesses forced into it and the supposed "subsidies" are complete horse sh1t because they are skewed. With a subsidy in place, I would still pay more for coverage than pre-obamacare. :facepalm

Obama speaks of his health reform plan as if he had saved the country when it was enacted. All his plan did is force citizens into purchasing a plan or otherwise face a hefty penalty. The subsidies have very much he same effect that a store going out of business sale does, they inflate the msrp so that 50% off appears to have good value but the inflated value is all an illusion when you crunch the numbers.

1987_Lakers
07-02-2016, 11:51 PM
Are you implying that Obama somehow coerced the Supreme Court into voting a certain way on the gay marriage case?

Yes, he appointed them.

9erempiree
07-03-2016, 12:11 AM
Lol but no.

He s being regarded as the worst ever than the greatest.

NumberSix
07-03-2016, 01:03 AM
Yes, he appointed them.
It's either in the constitution or it isn't. So, you're either claiming he appointed people who accurately represented the constitution OR they made the desired judgment without regard for the constitution. If it's the former, I don't think he gets credit for simply appointing judges who have the ability to read. If it's the latter though, he certainly shouldn't be praised for appointing judges with the intention of them purposely misrepresenting the law.

Kvnzhangyay
07-03-2016, 01:44 AM
Lol but no.

He s being regarded as the worst ever than the greatest.

Maybe by you, but most people around the world view him anywhere from decent to good

1987_Lakers
07-03-2016, 01:51 AM
Maybe by you, but most people around the world view him anywhere from decent to good

Yep, people who label him one of the worst don't have a clue about American History. There have been far worse presidents than Obama. If he is able to shut down Guantanamo Bay by the end of his presidency he might go down as top 10.

TheReal Kendall
07-03-2016, 01:57 AM
Idk man. Most of the people I talk to always got something bad to say about him. Especially the white folks. Like they really hate him but they love Trump.

masonanddixon
07-03-2016, 02:50 AM
Worst president since Carter

masonanddixon
07-03-2016, 02:52 AM
Idk man. Most of the people I talk to always got something bad to say about him. Especially the white folks. Like they really hate him but they love Trump.

LOL you have it backwards. Retard white liberals are his biggest supporters.

He's hugely popular in Australia and generally any other first world country because of the left wing news spreading filth propaganda in his favour.. You'd think he was the Second Coming instead of Goldman Sachs personal cuumdumpster, which is all he is.

9erempiree
07-03-2016, 03:24 AM
Made the world hate us even more and we are even more divided as a country.

Ushered in political correctness.

Made us the biggest threat to world peace.

Most secretive president ever.

The funny thing is that he has never given a speech where he praised about the United States of America or said he was proud of the people and the country. Never gave props to the people and hates the people.

TheMan
07-03-2016, 03:26 AM
Agree, one of the GOAT

9erempiree
07-03-2016, 03:39 AM
One important thing that people have to remember is Obama's legacy could be Donald Trump.

Obama is an example of anyone can run for president.

For the people that dislike Hillary and Trump...just remember this is what Obama created. When a country is so sick of how things are in the past 8 years and a guy like Trump can run for president says a lot.

He created ISIS and allowed ISIS to come to power. Bush was a bad president too but he would have stopped ISIS dead in its track.

Remember when he said he wanted to fundamentally change America? When you do that it means you like nothing about America. He never ran for president because he loved our country. He wanted to destroy it. Just look at the state of our country and world right now.

imdaman99
07-03-2016, 03:56 AM
And imagine if a clueless turkey that is afraid of the bald eagle follows him up? :oldlol: He would look like the goat :roll:

TheMan
07-03-2016, 04:04 AM
One important thing that people have to remember is Obama's legacy could be Donald Trump.

For the people that dislike Hillary and Trump...just remember this is what Obama created. When a country is so sick of how things are in the past 8 years and a guy like Trump can run for president says a lot.

He created ISIS and allowed ISIS to come to power. Bush was a bad president too but he would have stopped ISIS dead in its track.

Remember when he said he wanted to fundamentally change America? When you do that it means you like nothing about America. He never ran for president because he loved our country. He wanted to destroy it. Just look at the state of our country and world right now.
So you are basically admitting Trump is a dope?
:yaohappy:
What

A

Time

NumberSix
07-03-2016, 05:49 AM
It should come as no surprise that pretty much every anti-American person is pro Obama. They accurately recognize that he is an ally of theirs.

masonanddixon
07-03-2016, 05:54 AM
It should come as no surprise that pretty much every anti-American person is pro Obama. They accurately recognize that he is an ally of theirs.

What do you mean by 'Anti-American'?

NumberSix
07-03-2016, 06:07 AM
What do you mean by 'Anti-American'?
Give an honest answer. The people you see who burn American flags, who do you think they voted for in the last election? Obama? Romney? Even split? :confusedshrug:

Overdrive
07-03-2016, 07:06 AM

By stating making America great again Trump is implying it is not, saying it's shit. By your logic Trump hates America.

9erempiree
07-03-2016, 07:17 AM
By stating making America great again Trump is implying it is not, saying it's shit. By your logic Trump hates America.
:facepalm

The man that wants to make America great again from the man who changed America fundamentally.

He probably does hate this America that Obama created.

masonanddixon
07-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Give an honest answer. The people you see who burn American flags, who do you think they voted for in the last election? Obama? Romney? Even split? :confusedshrug:

Well how do you define America. if you mean the American spirit, then, I will always be an American.

If you're talking about rampant corporatism and overdevelopment and Baby Boomers raping the future, then I hate America.

9erempiree
07-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Fast and Furious was also another disaster from Obama.

Just look at all the guns that got into the hands of bad people.

Didn't one of El Chapo's organization get hold of them and the Muslims in the Paris attacks also had the weapons.

Probably not accidental and coincidental but purposely.

Jasper
07-03-2016, 09:33 AM
OP has a point....

Same point I had about Bill Clinton....
But a header changed that out come.

Obama helped restore a economy that swam in mud , people that lost houses , jobs, all from the OIL family Bush Administration.

I lost 80k during that time period that would of translated into about 140k.

What the Bush adm. did to the baby boomers, is squashed them flat , and gave the American people , little to no faith in our govermental process.

Hurricane Katrina , Iraq , Twin towers , and millions in his bank account is what Bush's resume has , while back at the ranch.:rolleyes:

GINOBILI!
07-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Obama is better than Bill Clinton, who was the previous best president in the last few decades.

GINOBILI!
07-03-2016, 09:53 AM
:facepalm

The man that wants to make America great again from the man who changed America fundamentally.

He probably does hate this America that Obama created.
When was America great before? What year is Trump referring to?

NumberSix
07-03-2016, 10:30 AM
When was America great before? What year is Trump referring to?
81-89

Dresta
07-03-2016, 10:40 AM
I think a fair argument could be made that the last two Presidents have been the two worst Presidents this country has ever had. Both of them just awful, god awful, and far more similar to each other than many are willing to admit. Each as bad as that first America Caesar LBJ.

The realities are that under Obama's watch the nation has become:

1. More polarised and divided than it's been since the 1850s (great unifier :lol)
2. More indebted than ever before and now chronically incapable of raising interest rates.
3. Even more dependent on bubble economies and financial speculation than it was before.
4. On the path to a crash that will make the "Great Recession" look not so great, and with nowhere to go because interest rates are still at zero.

That's without even touching on his perverse, botched, and downright moronic foreign policy, combined with the extrajudicial killings, the illegal warmaking, the lecturing Americans about "hate" and the crusades after every islamic terrorist attack. He is a liar and manipulator, and very good at those things; he reminds me of FDR in that respect, but without that man's good aspects (at least he didn't have the same contempt for his country and countrymen that Obama has)

A terrible President. He is good at PR, and that's why most people like him

MintBerryCrunch
07-03-2016, 11:13 AM
81-89
:lol

AceManIII
07-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Obama has been an extremely polarizing President...

I honestly believe he hasn't done enough for minorities as many minorities (especially Black people) thought he would...but I will always respect him and his family for creating a positive image for black people.

Also, I believe Obama will get overrated after this next Presidency.

nathanjizzle
07-03-2016, 12:42 PM
in the next 15 years, we will see the foundation that obama has laid out for americas future. we will prosper the next 100 years and Obamas presidency will be the obvious shift of that.

BoutPractice
07-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Fair or not, our collective memory of political leaders tends to be based on very simple narrative - generally a mixture of sweeping assertions, vague impressions, and half-true anecdotes.

Historical narrative can be kind ("Freed the slaves and restored the union") or cruel ("Had sexual intercourse with a pig and broke up the United Kingdom"), but for all but professional historians, it is first and foremost a great simplifier.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama's narrative in simply ended up being "First African American President with those inspiring quotes that look great on a poster", focusing on the man more than the record.

Nick Young
07-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Is Obama the same moron who allowed Iran to create nuclear weapons and who Putin walked all over?

Nick Young
07-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Obama has been an extremely polarizing President...

I honestly believe he hasn't done enough for minorities as many minorities (especially Black people) thought he would...but I will always respect him and his family for creating a positive image for black people.

Also, I believe Obama will get overrated after this next Presidency.
Under Obama, the Black Lives Matter racist terrorists were allowed free reign to pull whatever stupid shit they wanted, not to mention social justice bigots in general.

senelcoolidge
07-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Obama will be remembered at the Eunuch President or just a traitor. Guy has no balls..he's either a weakling or traitorous.

DonDadda59
07-03-2016, 02:14 PM
:applause:

Saved America from the abyss and restored our place as the beacon of freedom and leadership in the World after the freedom fries fiasco and the great recession. History will be extremely kind to Barry O's legacy.

Under Obama, the Black Lives Matter racist terrorists were allowed free reign to pull whatever stupid shit they wanted, not to mention social justice bigots in general.

Obama will be remembered at the Eunuch President or just a traitor. Guy has no balls..he's either a weakling or traitorous.

Enjoy being irrelevant until you die. You picked the losing side and it will never rise again. These 2 dudes 25 years from now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdKvZDQt96o) :lol

sd3035
07-03-2016, 03:04 PM
definitely one of the worst presidents

must be a troll thread :lol

NumberSix
07-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Shockingly, the person with the best take on Obama's legacy was Michael Moore. He'll be remembered as the first black president. That's it. Nothing else.

StephHamann
07-04-2016, 04:44 AM
Created the biggest migration crisis in history

Watched in awe as Russia annexes states in eastern Europe

Allowed Iran to build nuclear missles while directly threatening Israel

but hey he killed Bin Laden :applause:

TheMan
07-04-2016, 11:08 AM
His approval ratings are off the charts compared to most of the last US presidents at this stage of their presidencies, including the conservative's demigod Reagan :confusedshrug:

History will be kind to Barry, despite all his current haters...

masonanddixon
07-05-2016, 03:33 AM
His approval ratings are off the charts compared to most of the last US presidents at this stage of their presidencies, including the conservative's demigod Reagan :confusedshrug:

You have to look at who is approving him...I don't even live in America but it's obvious that he's divisive and disingenuous.

All he's done is to perpetuate the idiocracy that will ruin human beings as we know it very shortly.

Lebron23
07-05-2016, 03:40 AM
Goatbama

masonanddixon
07-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Goatbama

Exactly, the fact that someone of your ilk is giving the man a ringing endorsement is a damning indictment upon 2016 society.

sd3035
07-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Exactly, the fact that someone of your ilk is giving the man a ringing endorsement is a damning indictment upon 2016 society.

:roll: :roll:

CavsLebronMo
07-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Anything you said is automatically nullified once you labeled ObamaCare a positive thing.

UK2K
07-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Minorities are a bigger portion of our population than ever before also... Despite the black community being farther behind now than before Obama took office, I'd have to guess they must just really, really, like his foreign policies?

Approval Rating by Race:
Non-White - 71%
Black - 94% :oldlol:
Hispanic - 63%
White - 41%

I'll just leave this here.

He wasn't a bad president, he wasn't great either. The biggest issue I have with his presidency was despite claiming he'll have the 'most transparent administration ever', we saw the exact opposite.

Literally, as far from transparent as you could get. The corruption and mischievous behavior seen in American politics today is sickening.

Not to mention the country is more divided now than we've been in the past few decades. That falls squarely on Obama.

But, he kept the country afloat, kinda, so there's that. Can't say the same for the next president.

Oh, and...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/193379/new-low-extremely-proud-americans.aspx?g_source=Politics&g_medium=newsfeed&g_campaign=tiles

PRINCETON, N.J. -- As the nation prepares to celebrate Independence Day, 52% of U.S. adults say they are "extremely proud" to be Americans, a new low in Gallup's 16-year trend. Americans' patriotism spiked after 9/11, peaking at 70% in 2003, but has declined since, including an eight-percentage-point drop in early 2005 and a five-point drop since 2013.

BoutPractice
07-06-2016, 02:51 PM
On the contrary, Obama's administration was by far the most transparent in history...

Now the irony of it is, the man had nothing to do with it, and like anyone else would've done in the same situation, pushed back against it.

But come on, guys - this is the age of Wikileaks, of Ed Snowden, of the Panama Papers.

We know far more about our political leaders are truly up to than at any other point in the history of mankind. We get to see all of the sausage-making, which is making us more distrustful of the same sausage we had no problem with before. Just think of the Iraq War... the way it happened was very similar to previous wars instigated by the US. The main difference is that we found out all about it while it was still in progress, instead of 50 years later in some declassified document.

So we're just becoming more demanding, that's all - probably a good thing, too, although we shouldn't take it all the way to total transparency (secret negotiations are the key to peace, and I think most would agree that peace is more important as an ideal than transparency)

The big problem of our time is not lack of information, but disinformation, burying the truth under a pile of bs.

NumberSix
07-06-2016, 03:02 PM

Lol. Proof that you're a mindless parrot. You heard some idiot leftist say this, assumed it was true without checking and are now parroting it around like a good little zombie.

Reagan's approval ratings were in the 60s. Obama is in the low 50s. 60s > 50s.