PDA

View Full Version : Will Kevin Durant sign with the Warriors?

Pages : [1] 2

Trollsmasher
07-02-2016, 09:41 PM
he knows LeBron owns his life

the lil bitch will stand in the no D West

bobeticus
07-03-2016, 04:56 AM

well that comes to my mind... and i read it everywhere in the net... that east is weak conference

BS i guess... then why those FA from west comes to east if its a weak conference... didnt get a drift of that :confusedshrug:

Jasper
07-03-2016, 09:48 AM

I am wondering NOT about players but about the wave of style of play from EAST to WEST.

East historically were a physical style
West was a flowing game.

I wonder if the league will adopt a Beast style now that players are making 100's of millions to rid the bench :confusedshrug:

moongaze
07-03-2016, 10:18 AM
It makes sense. Owns a 2-1 career series record against the spurs. Only year he lost to them ibaka was out several games. Was up 3-1 against the warriors.

If he went to the east he'd have tougher time getting to the finalsand(cavs and lebron) and his Sudanese frame would not last the entire season.

diamenz
07-03-2016, 11:31 AM

you're right - he doesn't have the balls to come to east. nor did lebron have the balls to come to the west.

MintBerryCrunch
07-03-2016, 11:34 AM
He is wise to avoid LeBron.

coined
07-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 1m1 minute ago
Hearing Kevin Durant is strongly considering Warriors. He meets Thunder tonight, then he's likely to announce decision on @PlayersTribune.

he is heavily considering them now

Bobcats2013
07-03-2016, 04:17 PM
we welcome the servant with open arms :rockon:

Doranku
07-03-2016, 04:19 PM
I will lose absolutely all respect for Durant if he chooses the Warriors over OKC/Boston. Would be one of the biggest beta moves in NBA history.

Fudge
07-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Beta.

Skinny.

Loser.

For.

Life.

Bobcats2013
07-03-2016, 04:22 PM
I will lose absolutely all respect for Durant if he chooses the Warriors over OKC/Boston. Would be one of the biggest beta moves in NBA history.

lets be real dawg, biggest beta move in nba history :oldlol:

1~Gibson~1
07-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Cavs in 7

Akrazotile
07-03-2016, 04:26 PM
I wouldnt begrudge him for leaving OKC if he felt it was time, even tho Id prefer him to stay and keep them competitive... But if he actually goes to the 73-9 Warriors... :lol

Would be so silly I dont even know what to say.

Nilocon165
07-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Welp, it was fun watching NBA for all that time. Gonna miss it.

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Would be the ultimate "If you can't beat them, join em"

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2016, 04:31 PM
Don't speak to soon bro. I think KD is going to be LOYAL :rockon:

Nilocon165
07-03-2016, 04:32 PM
He will be the biggest joke in NBA history.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-03-2016, 04:38 PM
warriors losing to the cavs could be the best thing to happen to them if they can get durant. Durant joining the b2b champs sound a lot worse than joining a team that lost last year in the finals but got a 73-9 record.

oti
07-03-2016, 04:38 PM
This dude is trying to go down in history as the supreme BETA and i cant really blame him. At least he will be remembered for something. He is too weak to achieve anything else.

Would be so funny if he doesnt win a ring with them.

feyki
07-03-2016, 04:42 PM

Same .

FireDavidKahn
If he chooses the Warriors...this will be exponentially worse than LeBron ever did:facepalm

G0ATbe
Dynasty:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SamuraiSWISH
07-03-2016, 04:50 PM
If he chooses the Warriors...this will be exponentially worse than LeBron ever did:facepalm
Seriously ...

At least LeBron was going with his buddy who happened to be MVP quality.

But joining an already established champion and 73 - 9 win team with 2x MVP, 3x All Stars and 2x 6th men of the year caliber players.

:facepalm

That would be extremely uncompetitive. Especially when you already had 3 games to put that team away with your current squad. And part of the reason you didn't is that you underperformed yourself.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Jesus, that would be gross.

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Well, if true, this much less worse than Lebron, Bosh and Wade colluding but it's still a tough pill to swallow especially after seeing Stern veto the trade that would have put CP3 together with Kobe. Still bitter about that. :no:

KiiiiNG
:roll:

Good... those losers have hope. When he resigns with OKC, the warriors will be crushed again like they were in game 7 of the finals. Hahaha yeah!

warriorfan
prepare for the meltdowns :oldlol:

lilteapot
I don't think he deserves criticism if he goes there, but for people that hated that Lebron went to Miami, they should hate KD for the same reason. He's joining an already stacked team that he choked against last year. That's the epitome of "if you can't beat em, join em."

tmacattack33
07-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Good, then when they fail to win the championship will see once again how hard it is to put together a championship super-team.

Super team Success Stories:

Heatles (2 rings in 4 years)

Fails:

1997 Rockets, 2000's Blazers, 2004 Lakers, 2013 Lakers, 2014 Nets

Neutral:

2008-2011 Celtics (1 ring in 4 years)

tmacattack33
07-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Well, if true, this much less worse than Lebron, Bosh and Wade colluding but it's still a tough pill to swallow especially after seeing Stern veto the trade that would have put CP3 together with Kobe. Still bitter about that. :no:

Please get rid of your username and default pic, it is disrespectful to the great Tupac Shakur.

There are no similarities between the selfish Kobe Bryant who was good at putting a basketball into a hoop and the selfless Tupac Amaru Shakur, who rose from concrete and may have died because he wouldn't shut his mouth about the oppression faced by his people.

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2016, 04:55 PM
I don't think he deserves criticism if he goes there, but for people that hated that Lebron went to Miami, they should hate KD for the same reason. He's joining an already stacked team that he choked against last year. That's the epitome of "if you can't beat em, join em."
Not even a similar comparison. Miami was a first round exit team before LeBron joined. Warriors just won a championship last year and won 73 games, as well as knocking off KD himself. It would be like LeBron joining the Celtics after they bounced him

feyki
07-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Good, then when they fail to win the championship will see once again how hard it is to put together a championship super-team.

Super team Success Stories:

Heatles (2 rings in 4 years)

Fails:

1997 Rockets, 2000's Blazers, 2004 Lakers, 2013 Lakers, 2014 Nets

Neutral:

2008-2011 Celtics (1 ring in 4 years)

83 Phila .

GrapeApe
07-03-2016, 05:00 PM

How would it be "less worse"? The 2010 Heat was basically a d-league team outside of Wade. They won 47 games. KD joining a 73 win team would be much worse. That would give the Warriors 4 all-stars and 2 MVP's, all in their primes.

r0drig0lac
07-03-2016, 05:02 PM
https://twitter.com/kdtrey5/status/18688294600

Kevin Durant
‏@KDTrey5
Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!

07:09 - 16 de jul de 2010

lilteapot
07-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Not even a similar comparison. Miami was a first round exit team before LeBron joined. Warriors just won a championship last year and won 73 games, as well as knocking off KD himself. It would be like LeBron joining the Celtics after they bounced him

And that was my point. If they hated lebron for "colluding" they should hate KD even more.

Doranku
07-03-2016, 05:03 PM

Kevin Durant
‏@KDTrey5
Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
07-03-2016, 05:04 PM
This. At that point I would never consider Bron a coward again. He wanted to play with his boy. This is next level Beta. Your direct competition, can't beat them ... so join them? Pathetic. LeBron and Wade wanted destroy the Celtics.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 05:05 PM
What LeBron did was bad. In my estimation at the time, Wade was the second best player in the league and Bosh was another Top 15 guy. Since we had never seen anything like it before, it was completely stunning. For three guys to secretly plan a free agency coup, all in their respective primes... I thought it was a horrible harbinger of things to come for the NBA.

Of course, it started a movement. Similar things happened with the Clippers. The Knicks tried to pull something similar off but it failed and the same went for the Lakers (Howard + Nash). LMA went to the Spurs, etc.

But, this thing with Durant, if it happens? This takes it to even another level of befuddlement. IMO, one of the top two players in the league (with LeBron) going to a team which broke the single-season win record last year? A team which your own squad was a hair away from beating in the playoffs, making them a legitimate rival? A team who already won a title without you and were a hair away from winning back-to-back, only losing on the greatest series comeback in NBA history?

That would be complete cowardice, imo. I have a lot of respect for Durant and it would all be gone... not that he cares, but I don't think I'm alone.

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Please get rid of your username and default pic, it is disrespectful to the great Tupac Shakur.

There are no similarities between the selfish Kobe Bryant who was good at putting a basketball into a hoop and the selfless Tupac Amaru Shakur, who rose from concrete and may have died because he wouldn't shut his mouth about the oppression faced by his people.

You joined 4 years after me. You don't get to say shit about me dropping my user. Kobe and Tupac may not look as similar to Tmac and Urkle, but there's a resemblance.

SexSymbol
07-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Warriors would be worse and they will definitely lose Klay on first opportunity available for him to leave.

Haymaker
07-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Would be the ultimate "If you can't beat them, join em"

Fvcking this. Akin to Bron joining Boston back in 2010 or MJ joining the Pistons in 1990.

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Any LeBron or Cav fan that opens his yap in protest about KD going to the Warriors

http://giflingua.com/uploads/its_like_the_pot_calling_the_kettle_black._4343032 808.gif

warriorfan
07-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Any LeBron or Cav fan that opens his yap in protest about KD going to the Warriors

http://giflingua.com/uploads/its_like_the_pot_calling_the_kettle_black._4343032 808.gif

DaSeba5
07-03-2016, 05:15 PM
He already has all the money in the world, so it's about winning a ring if he goes to GS more than anything. And yes he is getting the max anyways. But in terms of his legacy. It would be the ultimate beta move in the history of the NBA. Is any number of rings you win with that team worth a legacy of cowardly joining a stacked 73 win team? It's hard to believe. Players really care about that when they already have money. At least LeBron came here to join a franchise that was down. We had Wade and bunch of scrubs for several years. We needed LeBron to win a title. GS does not need Durant to win.

Fudge
07-03-2016, 05:18 PM

Meltdown.

GrapeApe
07-03-2016, 05:19 PM

There would be some hypocrisy sure, but Lebron never joined a 73 win team nor did he ever join a team who beat him in the playoffs the year before.

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 05:22 PM

Kevin Durant
‏@KDTrey5

Please tell me this isn't real:oldlol:
Durant:oldlol:

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Fvcking this. Akin to Bron joining Boston back in 2010 or MJ joining the Pistons in 1990.

This:oldlol:
It would be tantamount to Jordan calling Isiah and Lambeer and ditching his guys to take his ball to Detroit in 1990:biggums:
This would be awful from a PR standpoint for Durant. Lots of neutrals would lose respect for him.

r0drig0lac
Please tell me this isn't real:oldlol:
Durant:oldlol:
unbelievable

RedBlackAttack

Now you can explain how LeBron going back to the Cavs is even remotely the same thing. TIA

34-24 Footwork
07-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Lol. Literally the same shit Lebron did.

Granted, this is worse. But Lebron stans have no room to talk. Lol. Lebron made it cool to join forces.

Can't cry about it now.

R.I.P. NBA.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Exactly. It would be exactly like Jordan signing with the Pistons heading into the 1991 season. I just can't even fathom that he's entertaining the idea of doing this. Jesus, KD.

Human Error
07-03-2016, 05:26 PM
If Lebron somehow beats this superteam again.

I don't see it happening though. This is a 73 win team adding another top 3 player. It's over for the rest of the league.

NBAGOAT
07-03-2016, 05:27 PM
it would absolutely be hypocritical for Lebron stans to shit on Durant. However, it would also be hypocritical for guys who gave Lebron shit not to give Durant any shit either.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 05:29 PM
it would absolutely be hypocritical for Lebron stans to shit on Durant. However, it would also be hypocritical for guys who gave Lebron shit not to give Durant any shit either.

I will lose a lot of respect for Durant. I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a while now, I'd stop doing that with my ranking.

Ca$H
07-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Exactly. It would be exactly like Jordan signing with the Pistons heading into the 1991 season. I just can't even fathom that he's entertaining the idea of doing this. Jesus, KD.

10 years from now nobody will care. If the Curry, Durant, Klay, and Draygod core stays healthy Durant could end up with 5-6 rings and maybe 3-4 FMVPs.

Keno
07-03-2016, 05:33 PM

Kevin Durant
‏@KDTrey5

beta ass bitch. :facepalm

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 05:34 PM
The Warriors are an already established 73-win championship team. As much as I disliked James' move to join forces with his super-friends in Miami, this is on a completely different level of WTF.

Durant is supposed to be rivals with the Warriors. His team nearly beat that team in the playoffs last year. They represent the "hump" he needs to get over in order to win a title.

None of that existed with James and the team he joined either going to Miami or back to Cleveland. You can claim that James took a path of least resistance in going to the Heat and I'd agree with you. You can argue that James was looking ahead to the future when he went back to a replenished Cavs team with several really good/great young players.

But, this is something entirely different. This is the Warriors team that won 73 games last year. This is the Warriors team that KD battled with in the playoffs and probably should have beaten. This team has already won a championship without him in the last two years.

Two different animals entirely. And Durant will be very rightly grilled if he does it.

moongaze

How about in sports history? A top 5 player joining a team that had the best regular season record in nba history without him . I can't think of another such move in sports history. Just the fact that he's strongly considering golden state shows you how much of a bitch he is.

Mr Feeny
10 years from now nobody will care. If the Curry, Durant, Klay, and Draygod core stays healthy Durant could end up with 5-6 rings and maybe 3-4 FMVPs.

Sure they will. People aren't idiots. They won't suddenly forget this was already a championship team and a 73 win team before Durant came aboard. Legacy standpoint, this is going to be remembered and will count against him BIG time.

Frustratingly enough, it will work against Curry as well. Should the Warriors win another title or more, each of them won't matter nearly as much as the 2015 title did. They won't help his legacy in another way that a title without Durant would.

SexSymbol
He's probably not getting those fMVPs.
With a player of Durant's caliber other teams will not be able to put so much defensive attention on Curry, which means he will just go straight up ballistic one on one.

Keno
07-03-2016, 05:36 PM
this isn't even close to what lebron did.

did the heat have the reigning 2-time mvp?
were the heat in the finals, champions the year before?
did the heat have 3-4 allstars?
did the heat have the coach of the year?

miami was a lottery team before lbj went, totally different situation. and lebron > durant.

SexSymbol
07-03-2016, 05:37 PM

miami was a lottery team before lbj went, totally different situation. and lebron > durant.
ye
Heat had a fmvp on their team and then another guy who was top 5 PER in the league prior year.

G0ATbe
07-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Funny how LeShit stains of all people are the only ones melting down over this:roll: :roll: :roll:

DaSeba5
07-03-2016, 05:38 PM
This is nothing like with Miami. Our team had nobody on it in that offseason. I think Chalmers was the only player on the cap. We had Wade and bunch of scrubs. Our 2nd best player was Beasley.

The Warriors already have Curry, Klay, Green, ect.
They already won 73 games
They have already won a title and 2 WC titles. They choked away a 3-1 lead from winning back to back.

How in the world is this anything like LeBron coming to Miami?

KiiiiNG
07-03-2016, 05:38 PM
RBA in meltdown mode! This is fantastic!

NBAGOAT
07-03-2016, 05:39 PM
The Warriors are an already established 73-win championship team. As much as I disliked James' move to join forces with his super-friends in Miami, this is on a completely different level of WTF.

Durant is supposed to be rivals with the Warriors. His team nearly beat that team in the playoffs last year. They represent the "hump" he needs to get over in order to win a title.

None of that existed with James and the team he joined either going to Miami or back to Cleveland. You can claim that James took a path of least resistance in going to the Heat and I'd agree with you. You can argue that James was looking ahead to the future when he went back to a replenished Cavs team with several really good/great young players.

But, this is something entirely different. This is the Warriors team that won 73 games last year. This is the Warriors team that KD battled with in the playoffs and probably should have beaten. This team has already won a championship without him in the last two years.

Two different animals entirely. And Durant will be very rightly grilled if he does it.

I agree. With context, it looks worse. It also doesn't help that KD's already in a pretty great situation(his competition in GSW is tougher than Lebron's back then however). KD's in a situation where the only place he could go to where he have a better chance of winning is GSW, the team that represents his hump. Lebron had multiple options besides Miami, Chicago or even NY would've worked back then. I think KD should just take the 1 year deal and see how this year goes.

Ca$H
07-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Sure they will. People aren't idiots. They won't suddenly forget this was already a championship team and a 73 win team before Durant came aboard. Legacy standpoint, this is going to be remembered and will count against him BIG time.

Frustratingly enough, it will work against Curry as well. Should the Warriors win another title or more, each of them won't matter nearly as much as the 2015 title did. They won't help his legacy in another way that a title without Durant would.

Die-hard basketball fans will. The general public/media will praise him for his accomplishments.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 05:41 PM
RBA in meltdown mode! This is fantastic!
Just won a championship. I'm still in "this is f#cking fantastic" mode. But, I'm also not so high that I can't spot the biggest b!tch move in professional sports if it happens.

If that's melting down, consider it a meltdown.

Can I meltdown and celebrate at the same time?

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Die-hard basketball fans will. The general public/media will praise him for his accomplishments.

We'll agree to disagree. I really don't think anyone is going to forget this. I definitely disagree that the general public will praise him.
We'll find out one way or another as the inevitable unfolds over the next few years.

DaSeba5
07-03-2016, 05:42 PM
I don't like the Cavs, but that's dumb. If I just won a title I would be on cloud 9 no matter what. Plus Cleveland is probably going to be in the Finals again anyways. Nobody has done anything yet to challenge them.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 05:43 PM
I want this to happen. It will bring back the 2011 Heat excitement back.
We will have good villains once again.
And if Lebron beats them :roll: :roll: :roll:

DaSeba5
07-03-2016, 05:44 PM
The general public knows KD and they know the Warriors. They know KD is a top 5 player, pretty much the 2nd best player in the world joining a team that just won 73 games. People will care and remember that.

tpols
07-03-2016, 05:44 PM
given the context of it, for durant personally it will be a b!tch move.. but reltive to conference the big 3 Heat were more stacked. Let's not forget the not 1, not 2, not 3 .... not 6 speech. :oldlol:

The Heat were acting like they were gonna go on same type of run we'd expect from GSW if KD hopped teams.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 05:45 PM
I agree. With context, it looks worse. It also doesn't help that KD's already in a pretty great situation(his competition in GSW is tougher than Lebron's back then however). KD's in a situation where the only place he could go to where he have a better chance of winning is GSW, the team that represents his hump. Lebron had multiple options besides Miami, Chicago or even NY would've worked back then. I think KD should just take the 1 year deal and see how this year goes.
Despite the reports to the contrary, I have to think he's going back to OKC. I'm guessing this is all just chatter to get people talking and interested.

[QUOTE]David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 3m3 minutes ago

Kevin Durant

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 05:46 PM
given the context of it, for durant personally it will be a b!tch move.. but reltive to conference the big 3 Heat were more stacked. Let's not forget the not 1, not 2, not 3 .... not 6 speech. :oldlol:

The Heat were acting like they were gonna go on same type of run we'd expect from GSW if KD hopped teams.

This guy is still mad lebron is a top 3 player while his idol isn't considered top 10:lol

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 05:46 PM
The general public knows KD and they know the Warriors. They know KD is a top 5 player, pretty much the 2nd best player in the world joining a team that just won 73 games. People will care and remember that.

It will be good. They would make great villains. Remember how exciting 2011 Heat were? That would be back.
Cavs would become team America.
If Lebron beats that team, he will be the consensus GOAT.
I really hope it happens.

bdreason
07-03-2016, 05:47 PM
I'd prefer Durant stay with OKC. I think it's better for the league.

I also like how our team has formed organically. Bringing in a top 3 player would kill that homegrown feeling for me. That said, it would be hard to be mad at adding arguably the best player in the league to our roster.

As for Durant's legacy, if he joins the Warriors, and goes on to win multiple titles, nobody will care. Nobody cares that Russell, Kareem, Magic, and Bird (all top-10 GOAT's) all played on insanely stacked rosters. However, if the Warriors fail to win titles, the history books certainly won't be kind.

That's why I believe KD will return to OKC. There's really no pressure for him to win titles there. If he were to win a title for a small market team like OKC, he would go down as a legend. Similar to what we see with LeBron in Cleveland.

Ca$H
07-03-2016, 05:48 PM
We'll agree to disagree. I really don't think anyone is going to forget this. I definitely disagree that the general public will praise him.
We'll find out one way or another as the inevitable unfolds over the next few years.

GSW will still have competition. They still have to beat the Cavs in the Finals in the next few years and in the not so distant future they have to deal with the KAT, Wiggins, Dunn, and LaVine core in Minny. If Durant has some great performances in some competitive series then it will be a legacy boost. GSW won't go 16-0 in the playoffs in the next 6-8 years.

Keno
07-03-2016, 05:48 PM
ye
Heat had a fmvp on their team and then another guy who was top 5 PER in the league prior year.

fmvp in 2006 thanks to refs and toronto was irrelevant that year, empty stats bosh. as i said, no allstars.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 05:49 PM

I also like how our team has formed organically. Bringing in a top 3 player would kill that homegrown feeling for me. That said, it would be hard to be mad at adding arguably the best player in the league to our roster.

As for Durant's legacy, if he joins the Warriors, and goes on to win multiple titles, nobody will care. Nobody cares that Russell, Kareem, Magic, and Bird (all top-10 GOAT's) all played on insanely stacked rosters. However, if the Warriors fail to win titles, the history books certainly won't be kind.

That's why I believe KD will return to OKC. There's really no pressure for him to win titles there. If he were to win a title for a small market team like OKC, he would go down as a legend. Similar to what we see with LeBron in Cleveland.

That s false.
The best thing that happened to the league ratings wise was the Heat big 3.
Durant to warriors would create the same kind of interest.
Ratings would be high for Warriors game.

dazzer87
07-03-2016, 05:49 PM
What a bitch move by FT35......His choke job cost OKC the series and then the following year he joins the team that beat him.........I guess he does not care about being 4 option on GSW (no pressure),.......:roll: :facepalm

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 05:51 PM

They played against equally stacked rosters. They also didn't run to the current 2 times regular season MVPs team either

If he goes there he better win 3 or 4 rings. Otherwise its below expectations because they should be heavily favored in every series they play in.

it would make me lose interest in the NBA unless another team formed that could compete. Probably wouldn't watch until the playoffs. It would simply be too much talent on one roster.

Curry
Klay
KD
Draymond
Festus

Its just too much shooting to guard. It might be impossible to guard.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 05:52 PM
GSW will still have competition. They still have to beat the Cavs in the Finals in the next few years and in the not so distant future they have to deal with the KAT, Wiggins, Dunn, and LaVine core in Minny. If Durant has some great performances in some competitive series then it will be a legacy boost. GSW won't go 16-0 in the playoffs in the next 6-8 years.

People overreact too much to these off-season moves.
Remember when the Lakers were supposed to dominate when they got Nash and Howard?:lol
I guarantee Warriors won't win 70 with Durant.
And if they meet Cavs, Cavs would have a good chance of beating them.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 05:54 PM
They played against equally stacked rosters. They also didn't run to the current 2 times regular season MVPs team either

If he goes there he better win 3 or 4 rings. Otherwise its below expectations because they should be heavily favored in every series they play in.

it would make me lose interest in the NBA unless another team formed that could compete. Probably wouldn't watch until the playoffs. It would simply be too much talent on one roster.

Curry
Klay
KD
Draymond
Festus

Its just too much shooting to guard. It might be impossible to guard.

People said the same about Heat and then Heat games had some of the best ratings ever.
You will watch their games for sure. :lol

DaSeba5
It will be good. They would make great villains. Remember how exciting 2011 Heat were? That would be back.
Cavs would become team America.
If Lebron beats that team, he will be the consensus GOAT.
I really hope it happens.

It would only be cool for the Finals. The rest of the year would be uninteresting. Every regular season when LeBron was here was boring because Miami didn't care about it (except for 2013). This last season was boring af when two teams were getting 70 wins, and another was easily winning its conference. I barely watched basketball this year outside the Heat and the Finals.

Young X
If this really happens, I blame Lebron 100%.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 05:55 PM
People overreact too much to these off-season moves.
Remember when the Lakers were supposed to dominate when they got Nash and Howard?:lol
I guarantee Warriors won't win 70 with Durant.
And if they meet Cavs, Cavs would have a good chance of beating them.

i said from day 1 that the Lakers trade wasn't going to work. I was very anti-Steve Nash because he was done.

regular season wins don't really matter. this team would just have too much shooting and playmaking. i don't see how you can guard that.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 05:56 PM
It would only be cool for the Finals. The rest of the year would be uninteresting. Every regular season when LeBron was here was boring because Miami didn't care about it (except for 2013). This last season was boring af when two teams were getting 70 wins, and another was easily winning its conference. I barely watched basketball this year outside the Heat and the Finals.

The majority still watched heat games ( even regular season). Their games had some of the best ratings ever.
If not for Heat big 3, the salary cap wouldn't raise that much.
They are a big reason why NBA ratings jumped.

bdreason
07-03-2016, 05:58 PM

it would make me lose interest in the NBA unless another team formed that could compete. Probably wouldn't watch until the playoffs.

The Cavs, the defending NBA Champs, have the largest team salary in the NBA, by far.

Magic forced his way to the Lakers, to join 5x NBA MVP and NBA Champ Kareem. Russell and Bird didn't have to go anywhere, because they played for the Celtics, the most successful and stacked franchise in the history of the sport.

I agree though, anything other than multiple titles would be considered a failure, which is why I doubt Durant signs with Golden State.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 05:58 PM
People said the same about Heat and then Heat games had some of the best ratings ever.
You will watch their games for sure. :lol

I'll watch the games against the Spurs and Cavs. But I wouldn't watch the rest, there is nothing to see. I usually watch games to learn, but there is nothing to learn about those players against 99% of the league. I would just stick to Lakers/Wolves/76ers games...

This is different than the Miami situation too because its not a whole new team...its implementing KD into a 73 win team.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 05:59 PM
i said from day 1 that the Lakers trade wasn't going to work. I was very anti-Steve Nash because he was done.

regular season wins don't really matter. this team would just have too much shooting and playmaking. i don't see how you can guard that.

The games will be called differently. Remember when there was a time when whenever Bosh or Wade drove to the basket, they would get fts.
That changed when big 3 formed. Especially Bosh couldn't get any calls.
If these Durant joined Warriors, the moving screens will called almost everytime. It won't be as easy to get Curry, thompson open.
The way games are called is very important. Hibbert became a good defensive center as soon as refs started to implant that verticality rule.

eliteballer
07-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Alex Kennedy has no sources:lol

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 06:00 PM
The Cavs, the defending NBA Champs, have the largest team salary in the NBA, by far.

Magic forced his way to the Lakers, to join 5x NBA MVP and NBA Champ Kareem. Russell and Bird didn't have to go anywhere, because they played for the Celtics, the most successful and stacked franchise in the history of the sport.

I agree though, anything other than multiple titles would be considered a failure, which is why I doubt Durant signs with Golden State.
so?
Brooklyn Nets also had that.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Yeah, they took that crown from the 2013-14 Nets... who took it from the late 00s Knicks.

Winning and team salary have rarely gone hand-in-hand.

HenryGarfunkle
I hope Durant does go to the Warriors. Durant as the villian will be best for business like living legend is saying. I've always been a Warriors fan so... really a win/win for me no matter what. OKC and GSW are my two teams.

GrapeApe

Um, no they weren't. They weren't a 73 win team though.

FLDFSU
07-03-2016, 06:03 PM

Lebron joining the Heat would be like KD joining the Blazers.

Lebron did not join the Magic or the Celtics. He joined a Heat team that posed on real threat to him prior to him joining.

bdreason
07-03-2016, 06:04 PM
so?
Brooklyn Nets also had that.

Did they have LeBron James? Were they the defending NBA Champs?

People complaining about the Warriors coasting through the regular season are hilarious. LeBron has been coasting to the NBA Finals for almost a decade, but as soon as a Western Conference team is gonna coast to the Finals, it becomes a huge problem.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 06:04 PM
I hope Durant does go to the Warriors. Durant as the villian will be best for business like living legend is saying. I've always been a Warriors fan so... really a win/win for me no matter what. OKC and GSW are my two teams.

Strong emotions create the best ratings.
The hate toward Warriors with Durant would be extremly strong.
That means the ratings would be HUGE.

r0drig0lac
07-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Lebron joining the Heat would be like KD joining the Clippers.

Lebron did not join the Magic or the Celtics. He joined a Heat team that posed on real threat to him prior to him joining.
fixed

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 06:07 PM

I hope your right.

Magic forcing his way to LA would be apples to oranges imo. But that is not how i understood the situation. My understanding is that Magic was drafted #1 by the Lakers in 1979. The Lakers aquired that pick on August 5, 1976. The deal was the Los Angeles Lakers recieved 1977, 1978 and 1979 first-round picks, and a 1980 second-round pick from the New Orleans Jazz in exchange for a 1978 first-round pick and a 1977 second-round pick. This trade was arranged as compensation when the Jazz signed Gail Goodrich on July 19, 1976. The Lakers used the pick to draft Magic Johnson.

And with Larry he was drafted into that situation. I think there is a big difference between being drafted into a situation and leaving a good team to go play for a 73 win team.

lilteapot
07-03-2016, 06:07 PM
What LeBron did was bad. In my estimation at the time, Wade was the second best player in the league and Bosh was another Top 15 guy. Since we had never seen anything like it before, it was completely stunning. For three guys to secretly plan a free agency coup, all in their respective primes... I thought it was a horrible harbinger of things to come for the NBA.

Of course, it started a movement. Similar things happened with the Clippers. The Knicks tried to pull something similar off but it failed and the same went for the Lakers (Howard + Nash). LMA went to the Spurs, etc.

But, this thing with Durant, if it happens? This takes it to even another level of befuddlement. IMO, one of the top two players in the league (with LeBron) going to a team which broke the single-season win record last year? A team which your own squad was a hair away from beating in the playoffs, making them a legitimate rival? A team who already won a title without you and were a hair away from winning back-to-back, only losing on the greatest series comeback in NBA history?

That would be complete cowardice, imo. I have a lot of respect for Durant and it would all be gone... not that he cares, but I don't think I'm alone.

I just look at it as, Durant has a chance to win titles, in his prime, and I can't fault him for taking it. He's not breaking any rules by joining the Warriors. The Warriors are courting him, he has strong interest in them, it's all fair.

Bill Russell said it best; his era fought to make sure this was something players could do and it's completely fair.

Besides, it's not a given that they will win the championship every year if this happens. I'd bet on them winning 3-4, but we all saw what happened with the Heat.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 06:08 PM

People complaining about the Warriors coasting through the regular season are hilarious. LeBron has been coasting to the NBA Finals for almost a decade, but as soon as a Western Conference team is gonna coast to the Finals, it becomes a huge problem.
You implied higher salary = better team. And I proved you wrong with a great example.
You then completely changed subject. :lol

bdreason
Yeah, they took that crown from the 2013-14 Nets... who took it from the late 00s Knicks.

Winning and team salary have rarely gone hand-in-hand.

You have the best player in the NBA, and the largest team salary in the league, by a large margin. Your team coasted to the NBA Finals the past two seasons. LeBron / Cavs fans complaining about anti-competitiveness are ridiculous.

How about this, let's leave Durant on the Thunder, have the Cavs move to the Western Conference, and the Warriors move to the Eastern Conference. Deal? :oldlol:

IGOTGAME

with KD they would coast to titles. if not, then he isn't what they told me he was.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 06:09 PM
You have the best player in the NBA, and the largest team salary in the league, by a large margin. Your team coasted to the NBA Finals the past two seasons. LeBron / Cavs fans complaining about anti-competitiveness are ridiculous.

How about this, let's leave Durant on the Thunder, have the Cavs move to the Western Conference, and the Warriors move to the Eastern Conference. Deal? :oldlol:

do you seriously believe that the Cavs have as much talent as the Warriors?

bdreason
07-03-2016, 06:10 PM
You implied higher salary = better team. And I proved you wrong with a great example.

I assumed you would realize the difference between a team with or without LeBron James. My bad.

SilkkTheShocker
07-03-2016, 06:10 PM
They still won't win it all. Curry and KD are both beta f.aggots

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 06:11 PM

He doesn't seem to know what he's saying :oldlol: his replies are all over the place. Random I coherent rambling and moving yardstick while not sticking with the arguments he's presenting:oldlol:

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Strong emotions create the best ratings.
The hate toward Warriors with Durant would be extremly strong.
That means the ratings would be HUGE.
Yeah, just look at this thread. Everybody's fighting to get their opinion across. It's a ****ing basketball player who might go play somewhere else and there are grown men literally crying over it. LeBron 2010 2.0...

I bet this forum will see a huge resurgence if it does happen, but ultimately I do think he's gonna stay in OKC. It is fun to see all this talk though.

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 06:12 PM
I assumed you would realize the difference between a team with or without LeBron James. My bad.

Which has what to do with your ridiculous argument?
Is the teams salary the end-all be all or not?

tpols
Magic forcing his way to LA would be apples to oranges imo..

are'nt you the guy that constantly sh!ts on steph curry? so now all of a sudden joining up with kareem abdul jabbar and a stacked squad is more commendable than this? what?

again I get the context of it is obviously worse, but from a basketball standpoint I dont see how magic running to kareem, kobe running to Shaq, Lebron running to Wade, KD running to the Warriors are all that different.. Some cases had more of a backstabby feel to them like KD's or Bron's would because they weren't rookies and had more expectations on them at the time of their decisions, but still ...

bdreason

No, but they have the best player in the game, and probably the 2nd best collection of talent in the league. Maybe 3rd behind OKC.

The Cavs also play in the Eastern Conference, and their biggest threat is Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan.

livinglegend
He doesn't seem to know what he's saying :oldlol: his replies are all over the place. Random I coherent rambling and moving yardstick while not sticking with the arguments he's presenting:oldlol:

Yeah I'm done discussing with him. He's a waste of time.

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 06:13 PM

I'd love to see the genius reply to this. I doubt he will.

IGOTGAME
No, but they have the best player in the game, and probably the 2nd best collection of talent in the league. Maybe 3rd behind OKC.

The Cavs also play in the Eastern Conference, and their biggest threat is Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan.

how much better do you think Lebron is then the reigning two time MVP? also, did you hold this opinion 3 months ago?

NBAGOAT
there's one example that might be comparable to durant. Moses signed with the 76ers when they just made the Finals after winning MVP the year before.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 06:15 PM
are'nt you the guy that constantly sh!ts on steph curry? so now all of a sudden joining up with kareem abdul jabbar and a stacked squad is more commendable than this? what?

again I get the context of it is obviously worse, but from a basketball standpoint I dont see how magic running to kareem, kobe running to Shaq, Lebron running to Wade, KD running to the Warriors are all that different.. Some cases had more of a backstabby feel to them like KD's or Bron's would because they weren't rookies and had more expectations on them at the time of their decisions, but still ...

Please explain how getting drafting #1 = joining up with Kareem?

bdreason
Which has what to do with your ridiculous argument?
Is the teams salary the end-all be all or not?

The Cavs have the best player in the game and probably the 2nd or 3rd most talented team in the league... because of their team salary. Look at the teams who paid the luxury last year, and tell me team salary doesn't matter.

warriorfan

Ok, so you admit that what LeBron did, when he joined with Wade and Bosh, no one had ever did before him, and LeBron took it to the next level.

Yet when KD is just taking it to the next level now, just like how LeBron did a few years ago, you are getting upset and saying this is not right.

You are being hypocritical here.

FLDFSU
07-03-2016, 06:18 PM
If this really happens, I blame Lebron 100%.

You mean you blame the Celtics for stacking the deck and then trying to run through the East on their way to potentially 5 straight Finals...

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 06:18 PM
The Cavs have the best player in the game and probably the 2nd or 3rd most talented team in the league... because of their team salary. Look at the teams who paid the luxury last year, and tell me team salary doesn't matter.

You can't shift your yardsticks. Either the salary reflects talent or it doesn't.
The 2014 nets had the highest salary. They were trash.

The Cavs are nowhere near the 2nd most talented team in the league. The only reason they're even contenders is because a top 3 goat candidate is on their team.

The Warriors, thunder, spurs and clippers are ALL more talented in my opinion.

Durant joining the most talented team on the planet and a team that just cantered to 73 wins is insane. You can get defensive about it as a warriors fan but this is nothing like the situation the 2010 heat found themselves in.

fragokota
07-03-2016, 06:20 PM
What will happen to the Lebron/Durant fam if he goes to GS? What Kobe/Curry fam's reaction gonna be to KD coming to GS?

These are the questions to be answered getlemen.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Ok, so you admit that what LeBron did, when he joined with Wade and Bosh, no one had ever did before him, and LeBron took it to the next level.

Yet when KD is just taking it to the next level now, just like how LeBron did a few years ago, you are getting upset and saying this is not right.

You are being hypocritical here.
I think the point you're missing is that I was completely outraged when LeBron did it. How is it being hypocritical when I'm reacting the same way? :oldlol:

I think that's pretty much the definition of consistency.

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Please explain how getting drafting #1 = joining up with Kareem?

Magic said that if he was drafted by anyone but the Lakers (the Bulls were the alternative) then he would stay in college. He maneuvered his way to the Lakers.

tpols
07-03-2016, 06:23 PM
I think the point you're missing is that I was completely outraged when LeBron did it. How is it being hypocritical when I'm reacting the same way? :oldlol:

I think that's pretty much the definition of consistency.

yea but didn't you learn your lesson that what happens on the basketball court ultimately decides the fate/legacy? I mean.. Bron taught us that.. look at him now after all that criticism.

You want to ride that merry go round again and ended up fessing up when KD averages 27/8/4 or something and wins a few titles.. again like you had to do w/ Bron?

RoundMoundOfReb
This is much worse than what LeBron did. Heat won 47 games and lost in the first round.

It would be more like LeBron joining the Celtics, if they were younger and even more stacked (73 wins).

bdreason
For the morons who don't think team salary means anything, let's take a look at the top 5 luxury tax payers last season, and the top 5 team salaries so far in 2016.

2015 Luxury Tax payers;

Cavs
Clippers
Warriors
Thunder
Spurs

2016 Team Salaries (so far);

Spurs
Warriors
Clippers
Cavs (LeBron hasn't signed yet)
Raptors
Thunder

Probably just a coincidence it's a list of the best teams in the NBA. :rolleyes:

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Magic said that if he was drafted by anyone but the Lakers (the Bulls were the alternative) then he would stay in college. He maneuvered his way to the Lakers.

the Lakers had the #1 pick (the trade to acquire the pick was made in 1976, Magic drafted in 1979). Please explain how that effected anything?

Achilleas
07-03-2016, 06:26 PM
durant start following seth curry on twitter .it is happening :eek:

https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 06:26 PM
yea but didn't you learn your lesson that what happens on the basketball court ultimately decides the fate/legacy? I mean.. Bron taught us that.. look at him now after all that criticism.

You want to ride that merry go round again and ended up fessing up when KD averages 27/8/4 or something and wins a few titles.. again like you had to do w/ Bron?
You lost me.

He said I was being hypocritical because "LeBron did it." I pointed out that I hated James' decision too.

Now .... what are you saying?

FLDFSU
07-03-2016, 06:28 PM
fixed

The Clippers and the Thunder played each other in the 2014 semi-finals. A series that the Thunder won 4-2. Lebron never (and has still never) faced the Heat or Wade/ Bosh or Raptors in the playoffs. There is no real legit reason to call Wade and Lebron or Bosh and Lebron "rivals". Neither Lebron, Wade, or Bosh directly stood in the way of each other accomplishing their goals.

The Clippers stood directly in the way of Durant just 2 years ago.

Wally450
07-03-2016, 06:29 PM
You mean you blame the Celtics for stacking the deck and then trying to run through the East on their way to potentially 5 straight Finals...

Ehh, they made that team through trades. Granted KG only accepted when he knew Ray Allen got traded here.

Still, fingers will point more to Lebron due to it being through FA.

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 06:33 PM
the Lakers had the #1 pick (the trade to acquire the pick was made in 1976, Magic drafted in 1979). Please explain how that effected anything?

I read it in "playing for keeps" by Halberstam. I'm not sure how that works and can't explain any of it. I'm just relaying what was in the book. If he was wrong, then I'll recant my post. But he said that prior to the draft Chicago and Los Angeles both could have ended up drafting Magic and that were chicago to end up doing so, Magic was threatening to postpone his entry to the nba.

Mr Feeny
07-03-2016, 06:36 PM
For the morons who don't think team salary means anything, let's take a look at the top 5 luxury tax payers last season, and the top 5 team salaries so far in 2016.

2015 Luxury Tax payers;

Cavs
Clippers
Warriors
Thunder
Spurs

2016 Team Salaries (so far);

Spurs
Warriors
Clippers
Cavs (LeBron hasn't signed yet)
Raptors
Thunder

Probably just a coincidence it's a list of the best teams in the NBA. :rolleyes:

2014 : highest payroll = nets
Late 2000s highest payroll = Knicks.

You're going around in circles.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 06:42 PM
I read it in "playing for keeps" by Halberstam. I'm not sure how that works and can't explain any of it. I'm just relaying what was in the book. If he was wrong, then I'll recant my post. But he said that prior to the draft Chicago and Los Angeles both could have ended up drafting Magic and that were chicago to end up doing so, Magic was threatening to postpone his entry to the nba.

The Bulls had the #2 pick due to a loss coin flip with the Lakers. So I guess Magic could have said that before the flip, but it wouldn't have effected anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1fAkE5Tgs

found this video if anyone is interested.

FLDFSU
07-03-2016, 06:46 PM
You can't shift your yardsticks. Either the salary reflects talent or it doesn't.
The 2014 nets had the highest salary. They were trash.

The Cavs are nowhere near the 2nd most talented team in the league. The only reason they're even contenders is because a top 3 goat candidate is on their team.

The Warriors, thunder, spurs and clippers are ALL more talented in my opinion.

Durant joining the most talented team on the planet and a team that just cantered to 73 wins is insane. You can get defensive about it as a warriors fan but this is nothing like the situation the 2010 heat found themselves in.

If you pick any Eastern Conference team (even the 76ers) and place Lebron on it these idiots would say that they are loaded and "historically stacked."

Imagine if Lebron still played for the Heat? ISH would be filled with nonsense posts about Wade being a top 3 NBA player, and Whiteside being the best center in the league.

Bulls? Rose is a former MVP, and Butler would be considered the second best player in the conference aka what they say about K. Iriving.

Hawks? Well the Hawks are the most balance team in the NBA and Horford is really Karl Malone waiting to happen.

Toronto? OMG Lowry and DeRozan would be able to win a championship with out "Lebron ball holding them back!!"

Wizards? "JESUS CHRIST!!! Wall is the best two-way PG in the game and Bradley Beal/the Wizards by far have the best defense in the NBA"

NY Knicks? LOL. "The Knicks are the most stacked team of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus how much help does Lebron need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Literally ever single East team would turn into the Show Time Lakers according to ISH if Lebron happened to play on their roster. The funny thing is that the Cavs with Irving/Love or Irving/Wiggins would probably be thought of as having no more talent than the current Celtics...

SexSymbol
07-03-2016, 06:47 PM
If you pick any Eastern Conference team (even the 76ers) and place Lebron on it these idiots would say that they are loaded and "historically stacked."

Imagine if Lebron still played for the Heat? ISH would be filled with nonsense posts about Wade being a top 3 NBA player, and Whiteside being the best center in the league.

How is that nonsense? Very very arguable.

Jasper
07-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Weak move on Durants part....

If he goes to Clip's which I expect -
he would act very much like a savior ...:applause: :applause: :applause:

SamuraiSWISH
07-03-2016, 06:50 PM

You just said a month or so ago before blowing a 3-1 series lead against Cleveland that the Warriors were basically the best team ever. Come on dude. Who are you kidding?! I hated the LeBron move but this takes it to it next level. Way worse.

FLDFSU
07-03-2016, 06:56 PM
How is that nonsense? Very very arguable.

It wouldn't even be arguable if Lebron was on the Heat. Whiteside would suddenly turn into prime Shaq and Irving/Love on the Cavs would suddenly be deemed as boarder-line all-stars not even being close to worthy as being discussed as one of the best rosters in the NBA.

I bet my very last dollar if Lebron were to sign with the 76ers tomorrow, ISH would say that the 76ers minus Lebron really has the best roster in NBA history.

Ca$H
07-03-2016, 07:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16741725/golden-state-warriors-executive-nba-great-jerry-west-calls-pitches-kevin-durant-joining-team

Mikaiel
07-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Golden State are so lucky to have signed Curry when they did, what with that salary cap explosion and his injury history at the time. That deal is a freaking bargain. Next season they're gonna pay him $12 million. For a back-to-back MVP who's the greatest shooter the league has ever seen. I mean, hell, Ryan Anderson is gonna get $20 million per season on average over the next four years. I don't know how that ranks in terms of biggest bargains ever in professional sports, but I guess it's up there.

And because of that they realistically have a chance at building arguably the greatest on-paper team in NBA history.

You can talk about X's and O's, player matchups, strategies, hot streaks blablabla ... but at the end of the day, you gotta have luck on your side if you want championships.

tpols
07-03-2016, 07:20 PM
You just said a month or so ago before blowing a 3-1 series lead against Cleveland that the Warriors were basically the best team ever. Come on dude. Who are you kidding?! I hated the LeBron move but this takes it to it next level. Way worse.

and I've said i was wrong about that like 10x or so since.. you can't be the GOAT team if both your first and second option are prone to disappearance like that.

Like the Heat in 2011, if Bron plays as well as he did in the ECFs in the Finals, and obviously with peak Wade balling out, I think the 2011 Heat would've deserved mention as one of top teams of all time, but when you take into account the choking of the superstar(s) they lose any hope at that label.

and besides... aren't you the one who parades about that prime Dwayne Wade is so much better than Curry.. you know the same one who "would be a role player like his pops in the 90s".. ? Everyone keeps saying "73 winz!" but Curry was a huuge part of that as his regular season numbers were GOAT stuff.. yet you would agree peak wade in the playoffs demolishes what curry did in the playoffs this year right? so that means that argument is garbo.

and yea Golden State has better depth but you field 5 guys at a time, and your second / third options are enormous pieces of the pie when it comes to winning. So if steph sucks so much why only half the outrage when bron was joining the much superior player (in your eyes)?

makes no sense.

You cant call the warriors soft all year long and say they suck, while simultaneously taking guys like Wade over Curry in every comparison thread, and then turn around and act like KD doing this is 10x worse from a basketball POV. as far as the back stabbing nature of it.. idk.. on one hand I feel like KD should get extra b!tch points for joining a team that beat him, but otoh the way Bron announced his "Decision", plaid shirt, nervous as hell in that chair.. backstabbing his hometown and donating the money to the childrens club.. wonder how those kids felt.. mustve been a backhanded recieving.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Anyone comparing it to Lebron's move is full of shit...sorry.

Lebron left a team that had essentially nothing. They failed to surround him with anything approaching what the Thunder have given Durant. Durant has played with at least 5 teams...probably 6...that were better than any team Lebron ever had on the Cavs.

The "decision" was terrible...and joining up with Wade/Bosh was a pretty weak move from a competitive stand point, but it wasn't truly unfair or anything.

Durant joining the current Warriors would be so much worse it's not even remotely comparable...made worse by the fact that he'd be leaving an already loaded OKC team in the process.

I hope it happens...just so I can have another team to put my attention on and hope they lose...especially since the Mavericks are a disaster as usual.

It's a whole different level.

warriorfan
07-03-2016, 07:22 PM
and I've said i was wrong about that like 10x or so since.. you can't be the GOAT team if both your first and second option are prone to disappearance like that.

Like the Heat in 2011, if Bron plays as well as he did in the ECFs in the Finals, and obviously with peak Wade balling out, I think the 2011 Heat would've deserved mention as one of top teams of all time, but when you take into account the choking of the superstar(s) they lose any hope at that label.

and besides... aren't you the one who parades about that prime Dwayne Wade is so much better than Curry.. you know the same one who "would be a role player like his pops in the 90s".. ? Everyone keeps saying "73 winz!" but Curry was a huuge part of that as his regular season numbers were GOAT stuff.. yet you would agree peak wade in the playoffs demolishes what curry did in the playoffs this year right? so that means that argument is garbo.

and yea Golden State has better depth but you field 5 guys at a time, and your second / third options are enormous pieces of the pie when it comes to winning. So if steph sucks so much why only half the outrage when bron was joining the much superior player (in your eyes)?

makes no sense.

You cant call the warriors soft all year long and say they suck, while simultaneously taking guys like Wade over Curry in every comparison thread, and then turn around and act like KD doing this is 10x worse from a basketball POV. as far as the back stabbing nature of it.. idk.. on one hand I feel like KD should get extra b!tch points for joining a team that beat him, but otoh the way Bron announced his "Decision", plaid shirt, nervous as hell in that chair.. backstabbing his hometown and donating the money to the childrens club.. wonder how those kids felt.. mustve been a backhanded recieving.

damn

body bagged

Meticode
07-03-2016, 07:25 PM
You can talk about X's and O's, player matchups, strategies, hot streaks blablabla ... but at the end of the day, you gotta have luck on your side if you want championships.
Well think about how the Cavs got Irving. They traded Mo Williams to the Clippers for a first round pick. I think they had like a 3% chance to get the 1st pick and they got it. At the time that draft was similarly weak to this. Maybe more so up top. No one was sure on Irving and a lot of people wanted Derrick Williams picked.

Mikaiel
07-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Well think about how the Cavs got Irving. They traded Mo Williams to the Clippers for a first round pick. I think they had like a 3% chance to get the 1st pick and they got it. At the time that draft was similarly weak to this. Maybe more so up top. No one was sure on Irving and a lot of people wanted Derrick Williams picked.

Well, that proves my point. The Cavs needed a ton of luck to get their championship. That trade that got us the Clipper's first round pick. The Spurs playing what I consider to be the most beautiful brand of basketball in 2014. That Knicks deal. Kevin Love turning into a great defender for one possession. Being relatively injury free.

Winning an NBA championship might be 70% talent 30% luck. Not sure about the equation, but luck is definitely a factor.

lilteapot
07-03-2016, 07:38 PM
This thread sucks.

FLDFSU
07-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Anyone comparing it to Lebron's move is full of shit...sorry.

Lebron left a team that had essentially nothing. They failed to surround him with anything approaching what the Thunder have given Durant. Durant has played with at least 5 teams...probably 6...that were better than any team Lebron ever had on the Cavs.

The "decision" was terrible...and joining up with Wade/Bosh was a pretty weak move from a competitive stand point, but it wasn't truly unfair or anything.

Durant joining the current Warriors would be so much worse it's not even remotely comparable...made worse by the fact that he'd be leaving an already loaded OKC team in the process.

I hope it happens...just so I can have another team to put my attention on and hope they lose...especially since the Mavericks are a disaster as usual.

It's a whole different level.

:applause:

Thank you for pointing out another glaring aspect of this:

Westbrook>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

than any player Lebron played with on the Cavs his first go-around. If Lebron had a player of Westbrook's caliber I am fairly certain there would be no Miami Big Three. Well, maybe Wade, Bosh, and Melo big three.

HoopSuperstar
07-03-2016, 07:50 PM
brainwashing

Spurs m8
07-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Anything other than OKC or Celtics is weak as ****.

Is KD a p*ssy?

We will soon see

Jasper
07-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Durant to War's is a weak as$ move..
If a chip occurs he would get role player status...

If he goes to Clip's who have never won or gone to finals ...
He would be a savior.

diamenz
07-03-2016, 08:01 PM
gs didn't even need him... waste of money. what they really need is a defensive big man that can get them a few buckets here and there.

i'm not saying kd will be bad for gs, but they really didn't need him.

i don't get why okc got rid of ibaka, you knew it was breaking after that. that was a solid team.

Mikaiel
07-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Let's imagine you're a top tier NBA player.

You've won individual accolades, sponsor contracts and all that good stuff. All that's missing from your career is a ring.

When Jerry ****ing West is calling, you gotta at least listen very carefully, right ? :confusedshrug:

Mikaiel
07-03-2016, 08:05 PM
what they really need is a defensive big man that can get them a few buckets here and there.

What NBA team doesn't ?

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 08:07 PM
gs didn't even need him... waste of money. what they really need is a defensive big man that can get them a few buckets here and there.

i'm not saying kd will be bad for gs, but they really didn't need him.

i don't get why okc got rid of ibaka, you knew it was breaking after that. that was a solid team.

What?

You aren't realizing just how good Durant is and what a great fit he is.

The best lineup the Warriors have is when they go with Green at center. Obviously they can't play that all the time, but Durant takes that lineup to a completely different level than Barnes did.

Closing out games and putting this in to finish teams;

Curry/Klay/Iggy/Durant/Green...holy shit...

Durant and Ibaka had some issues apparently...if Durant leaves...that won't be the reason imo.

diamenz
07-03-2016, 08:08 PM
What NBA team doesn't ?

the warriors are already a powerhouse, and that missing piece would make them unstoppable.

What?

You aren't realizing just how good Durant is and what a great fit he is.

The best lineup the Warriors have is when they go with Green at center. Obviously they can't play that all the time, but Durant takes that lineup to a completely different level than Barnes did.

Closing out games and putting this in to finish teams;

Curry/Klay/Iggy/Durant/Green...holy shit...

Durant and Ibaka had some issues apparently...if Durant leaves...that won't be the reason imo.

he does fit well - like i said he won't be bad for the warriors... but imo they would benefit more from a solid big man with the great lineup they already have.

i dunno, maybe i'm not seeing it clearly on the fourth of july weekend.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 08:10 PM
the warriors are already a powerhouse, and that missing piece would make them unstoppable.

Durant >>>>>>>>>>> Any big man....for this team

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 08:11 PM

he does fit well - like i said he won't be bad for the warriors... but imo they would benefit more from a solid big man with the great lineup they already have.

What big man?

Ca$H
07-03-2016, 08:17 PM
What big man?

:oldlol: A healthy Anthony Davis could be argued over KD as far as better fit on the dubs. Nobody else has an argument.

SpecialQue
07-03-2016, 08:23 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/a260c4aba3ebf5b2ec59491a92f03f79/tumblr_o9rl1fr7VX1tfn6p6o1_540.jpg

BallsOut
07-03-2016, 08:33 PM

Wasn't truly unfair? Spoken like a real hypocrite. Lebron/Wade/Bosh were 3 superstar players in their primes colluding to join the same team. More starpower than any team in the league by far. Move was and still is unprecedented to this day in league history. They cake walked to the NBA Finals four years in a row as proof of that.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Wasn't truly unfair? Spoken like a real hypocrite. Lebron/Wade/Bosh were 3 superstar players in their primes colluding to join the same team. More starpower than any team in the league by far. Move was and still is unprecedented to this day in league history. They cake walked to the NBA Finals four years in a row as proof of that.

So unfair that they only won 2 times...and got embarrassed in the finals twice.

I agree it was a shit move from the way it was handled to the lack of respect for competition.

However, it was not anything remotely like joining the current Warriors.

Do you disagree about that?

Are you arguing that the current Warriors are of similar quality to the Heat before Lebron joined them?

poido123
07-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Ok, this shit is going to far.

Thanks Bron for bringing this teaming up with stars bullshit.

I think Durant is a p.ussy for doing this if it happens.

BallsOut
07-03-2016, 08:45 PM

I agree it was a shit move from the way it was handled to the lack of respect for competition.

Are you arguing that the current Warriors are of similar quality to the Heat before Lebron joined them?

The current Warriors team was built through the draft and not anything like the collusion formed Miami heat. They have a right to sign free agents just like the other 29 teams. You act like this would be the same warriors team that Durant is considering to sign with. In order to even sign him, the team would need to gut some key players and their depth. It wouldn't be just adding one player, they would be subtracting players that made them such a successful team last season. Let's not pretend the Warriors are getting anything for free.

tpols
07-03-2016, 08:45 PM

you're looking at it in hindsight.. before anything transpired on the court, people were talking unfair dynasty with the big 3 Heat.. and rightfully so. Again, they self proclaimed themselves on some Bill Russel Celtics sh!t.

injuries were the primary culprit in limiting their potential (along w/ some chokin). So if the same stuff happens to GSW.. like say Curry gets hurt / plays bad like Wade did for a bit.. and if dray or klay get hurt or are somehow diminished like Bosh was, then you'd be able to make the same hindsight argument about the warriors.

Doranku
07-03-2016, 08:47 PM

Make no mistake, what LeBron did was a huge bitch move. Of course the LeBron stans are in here being disingenuous with the whole "oh, he just joined a first round exit/47 win team!!" narrative. No, he joined up with the second best player in the world and another top 10 player (at the time) who were both in their primes in a weak conference.

That being said, Durant going to GS would actually be like 10x worse than what LeBron did. :oldlol: Choking away a 3-1 lead in a series where there really was no excuse for OKC to lose (still think OKC was the better team) and then running with your tail between your legs to join that team... who just happened to have won 73 games, have the reigning back-to-back MVP, etc.

It would be truly pathetic.

FLDFSU
07-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Wait, I am confused. If Wade was the second best player in the NBA in 2010 now according to ISH, where the hell did Lebron rank?

Doranku
07-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Wait, I am confused. If Wade was the second best player in the NBA in 2010 now according to ISH, where the hell did Lebron rank?

1st...

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Its not even close to the same... its the actual difference between 47 win team + Bosh and 73 win team.... so yea, its huge.

A 47 win team ffs :oldlol:

a 73 win team ffs :oldlol:

73 wins, finalist, UMVP, now want to get arguably the best in the world on top? Lol

FLDFSU
07-03-2016, 09:07 PM
1st...

But then where does Kobe rank?

The same idiots now pretending Wade was the second best player in 2010 were saying that Kobe was by far the best player in 2010...so at best that leaves Lebron as the third best player. So all in all, it was the third (at best) player joining the second best player (Wade) in 2010.

Of course, anybody that is older than 10 knows that Wade was NEVER, EVER, EVER considered the second best player in the NBA in 2010. On ISH or elsewhere. Wade was considered a top 5 player...about in the same vain as Westbrook is viewed today.

But because we have posters with agendas (i.e. tpols) suddenly Wade becomes the No. 2 player in the NBA with Lebron being the best.

Of course, these same posters would have threaten your life if you ever said that Kobe was not at least the second best player in the NBA in 2010. But now for convenience, Kobe is not even considered a top 2 player...

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Its not even close to the same... its the actual difference between 47 win team + Bosh and 73 win team.... so yea, its huge.

A 47 win team ffs :oldlol:

a 73 win team ffs :oldlol:

73 wins, finalist, UMVP, now want to get arguably the best in the world on top? Lol
It's actually very close to the same thing... you're completely discounting that Chris Bosh also joined the Heat... so it's not the same as Kevin going by himself to the Warriors. LeBron essentially joined a 60 win team. (Heat likely win 60 games in 2009 with Bosh)

And the Warriors aren't REALLY a 73 win team... I mean yeah, they won 73 games, but EVERYBODY knows they gunned for that record and took the regular season way more seriously than anybody else. They're not on the 90's Bulls or 80s Celtics level... we all know this... and plus when you factor in that LeBron joined an EASTERN CONFERENCE super-team, it pretty much is the EXACT same situation. That's just reality. If KD joins the Warriors it's the same as LeBron joining the Heat in 2010. Which isn't even a bad thing to begin with.

BallsOut
07-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Remember that MVP speech just a few years ago when he was crying about his teammates and the thunder organization? Dude seems to have a beta personality where he values loyalty over ever having a good chance to win a championship. Is KD content with putting up big numbers on the same team his whole career and never winning a ring like Karl Malone? Does anyone really believe Durant would leave this thunder team?

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 09:16 PM
He has a great chance to win a ring in OKC, and there's nothing beta about loyalty.

Worst thread of 2016. Please don't ever post again.

Ben Simmons
07-03-2016, 09:17 PM
lol nice try op

He really has no reason to leave OKC.

MASH Transit
07-03-2016, 09:19 PM
The same people bitching about Durant possibly joining the Dubs are the same one's that will crucify him should he never win in OKC. However, if he goes to GS and they become a dynasty then people will forget their hate and begin slurping him same as they've done with LBJ.

livinglegend
07-03-2016, 09:20 PM
It's actually very close to the same thing... you're completely discounting that Chris Bosh also joined the Heat... so it's not the same as Kevin going by himself to the Warriors. LeBron essentially joined a 60 win team. (Heat likely win 60 games in 2009 with Bosh)

And the Warriors aren't REALLY a 73 win team... I mean yeah, they won 73 games, but EVERYBODY knows they gunned for that record and took the regular season way more seriously than anybody else. They're not on the 90's Bulls or 80s Celtics level... we all know this... and plus when you factor in that LeBron joined an EASTERN CONFERENCE super-team, it pretty much is the EXACT same situation. That's just reality. If KD joins the Warriors it's the same as LeBron joining the Heat in 2010. Which isn't even a bad thing to begin with.

Disagree. They won less than 60 games with Lebron+Bosh.

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2016, 09:24 PM

Warriors won just 6 less games last year.. theyre gonna win around 67 again. They are that type of team...

Bosh addition would make them like a 55 win team. Bosh aint adding more than 8 wins, especially not with Bibby, Anthony starting....

theyre a good 15 wins off.

KD is close to joining the 1 minute away from being B2B Champs team... with the B2B MVP. Its kinda embarrassing, even though I like the guy.

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Disagree. They won less than 60 games with Lebron+Bosh.
And LeBron won 66 games with Mo Williams as his second option. Chemistry is a weird thing, but I think Bosh/Wade duo in 2009 absolutely wins at least 60 games. The LeBron/Wade taking turns in 2010 was redundant and they got off to a terrible start that season. Wade/Bosh without Bron likely win more regular season games because it's much easier for a SG/PF to mesh on the court right off the bat as we saw with Pau/Kobe.

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2016, 09:29 PM
And LeBron won 66 games with Mo Williams as his second option. Chemistry is a weird thing, but I think Bosh/Wade duo in 2009 absolutely wins at least 60 games. The LeBron/Wade taking turns in 2010 was redundant and they got off to a terrible start that season. Wade/Bosh without Bron likely win more regular season games because it's much easier for a SG/PF to mesh on the court right off the bat as we saw with Pau/Kobe.

Wade/Bosh now win more games than Wade/Bosh/Bron?

That was Bron in pre chill mode though... exerted the most, regular season and postseason.

Either way lets stop overrating Corey Bosh.

Its 47 wins + Corey Bosh.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 09:32 PM
The current Warriors team was built through the draft and not anything like the collusion formed Miami heat. They have a right to sign free agents just like the other 29 teams. You act like this would be the same warriors team that Durant is considering to sign with. In order to even sign him, the team would need to gut some key players and their depth. It wouldn't be just adding one player, they would be subtracting players that made them such a successful team last season. Let's not pretend the Warriors are getting anything for free.

I'm talking about this from the Durant / Lebron perspective.

The Warriors? They have every right to do this and they'd be stupid to not try.

You are missing the entire point.

Inferno
07-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Come on KD!! :banana:

Nilocon165
07-03-2016, 09:34 PM
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/749777403954724865

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Wade/Bosh now win more games than Wade/Bosh/Bron?

That was Bron in pre chill mode though... exerted the most, regular season and postseason.

Either way lets stop overrating Corey Bosh.

Its 47 wins + Corey Bosh.
We could go back n forth all night but it's not ridiculous to think 2009 Bosh adds 10-15 wins to the 2009 Heat. You don't think 2009 Bosh is a huge upgrade over Micheal Beasley? Come on dude. They absolutely win 60 games with Bosh on that team. We're talking peak Wade and peak Bosh without the redundancy of LeBron/Wade taking turns. I'm not saying they woulda won the championship but they probably win a ton of regular season games.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 09:37 PM
you're looking at it in hindsight.. before anything transpired on the court, people were talking unfair dynasty with the big 3 Heat.. and rightfully so. Again, they self proclaimed themselves on some Bill Russel Celtics sh!t.

injuries were the primary culprit in limiting their potential (along w/ some chokin). So if the same stuff happens to GSW.. like say Curry gets hurt / plays bad like Wade did for a bit.. and if dray or klay get hurt or are somehow diminished like Bosh was, then you'd be able to make the same hindsight argument about the warriors.

Nah..not really.

This Warriors team is so much better than that Heat team with Wade/Bosh it's honestly kind of absurd to even compare them.

The other stuff was in response to someone questioning whether is was truly unfair or not. Which it just wasn't in a way the Warriors adding Durant would be.

Bitch move and shows a lack of competitive nature to join up in Miami? Absolutely.

But joining this Warriors team in place of Barnes? It's not the same thing man...this is a 70 win type team without Durant. A proven championship core.

And...Lebron left garbage in Cleveland...like...a team maybe 50% as good as the current Thunder...probably that is too generous.

Just a completely different level all things considered.

Won't blame him for doing it at all...it's a crazy chance to go down as a member of the greatest team ever and have a true dynasty. I'm not knocking it in any real way...just saying it would be worse than what Lebron did in terms of the basketball and leaving...

Springsteen
Lebron's second best player when he left: Mo Williams

Durant's if he does: Russell Westbrook

tpols
The same people bitching about Durant possibly joining the Dubs are the same one's that will crucify him should he never win in OKC. However, if he goes to GS and they become a dynasty then people will forget their hate and begin slurping him same as they've done with LBJ.

bingoo

that's what I was sayin rba.

inclinerator
07-03-2016, 09:39 PM
2 hr special

tpols
07-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Nah..not really.

This Warriors team is so much better than that Heat team with Wade/Bosh it's honestly kind of absurd to even compare them.

The other stuff was in response to someone questioning whether is was truly unfair or not. Which it just wasn't in a way the Warriors adding Durant would be.

Bitch move and shows a lack of competitive nature to join up in Miami? Absolutely.

But joining this Warriors team in place of Barnes? It's not the same thing man...this is a 70 win type team without Durant. A proven championship core.

They're only a 70 win team as long as Curry is dropping 30 ppg on damn near 70 TS.. which aint happening in the playoffs.

again.. the warriors were on certain verge of defeat against a mid 50 win Thunder team. 2001 Lakers won 56 games.

Playoffs are a different animal.

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Lebron's second best player when he left: Mo Williams

Durant's if he does: Russell Westbrook
We gonna act like Mo Williams doesn't space the floor better? Dude was a great 3 point shooter and put up like 17/7. Lowkey beast. 2009 Mo Williams might be a better fit for Durant than Westbrook. (Durant/Westbrook duo has NEVER worked)

DirkNowitzki41
07-03-2016, 09:45 PM
We gonna act like Mo Williams doesn't space the floor better? Dude was a great 3 point shooter and put up like 17/7. Lowkey beast. 2009 Mo Williams might be a better fit for Durant than Westbrook. (Durant/Westbrook duo has NEVER worked)
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 09:45 PM
They're only a 70 win team as long as Curry is dropping 30 ppg on damn near 70 TS.. which aint happening in the playoffs.

again.. the warriors were on certain verge of defeat against a mid 50 win Thunder team. 2001 Lakers won 56 games.

Playoffs are a different animal.

Okay.

You make it sound like the Warriors haven't proven anything. I mean...I agree about Curry and the team in the playoffs actually, but this is a team that just won the title and followed it up with 73 wins and then they were literally probably like 1 shot from winning again.

I just don't see how Wade/Bosh without a ton of help is comparable.

Also, the basketball fit for Durant in GSW is far better than the fit for Lebron on Miami.

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Okay.

You make it sound like the Warriors haven't proven anything. I mean...I agree about Curry and the team in the playoffs actually, but this is a team that just won the title and followed it up with 73 wins and then they were literally probably like 1 shot from winning again.

Also, the basketball fit for Durant in GSW is far better than the fit for Lebron on Miami.
So you don't think peak Wade and peak Bosh could've beat the same injury riddled teams that the Warriors did in 2015? Think about it and come back to me. I'm taking Wade/Bosh any ****ing day over the Grizzlies, Rockets, and Love/Irvingless Cavs. Sorry bud. You really have no point.

And now you're penalizing Durant for being a great shooter and a better basketball fit. Lmao.

IGOTGAME
07-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Okay.

people have to be consistent though. Either this is the team that is better to or comparable to the 96 Bulls etc or its jus ta really good team.

People take different tones depending on when it fits them.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Not quite sure how I'd feel about this, if it happens.

KD, Klay, and Bogut are 3 of my top 10 favorite players. Word is Bogs and/or Iggy have to be gone to make this happen. Regardless, it'd be amazing to see KD on GSW. But yeah, clearly not a real respectable move on KD's part. Again, IF it happens. OKC or Boston should be his destinations so he can be THE GUY that he knows he should be.

tpols
07-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Okay.

You make it sound like the Warriors haven't proven anything. I mean...I agree about Curry and the team in the playoffs actually.

then you shouldnt be pimping the 70 win argument.. it's obviously bullsh!t because regular season =/= playoffs.

it's comparable because Wade is more proven than anybody on the warriors roster, and the depth argument is nullified by the disparity in conference.

Add to that all the stuff all the cavs fans and bran fam peddled about the warriors having the easiest title run ever when they won it.. to the haters, what have they even proved? :confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
07-03-2016, 09:54 PM
2012 and 2013 Heat could beat any team the 2015 or 2016 Warriors beat in the playoffs. Made a thread on it earlier in the season.

They'd probably have an actual easier time with Golden State than this years Cavs or Thunder did. Extraordinarily weak NBA season. Evident in the playoffs.

Or even in the substantial drop off in quality with teams like the Rockets.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 09:59 PM
So you don't think peak Wade and peak Bosh could've beat the same injury riddled teams that the Warriors did in 2015? Think about it and come back to me. I'm taking Wade/Bosh any ****ing day over the Grizzlies, Rockets, and Love/Irvingless Cavs. Sorry bud. You really have no point.

And now you're penalizing Durant for being a great shooter and a better basketball fit. Lmao.

I've never been high on Bosh.

But I don't see the relevance...my analysis of the Warriors as a basketball team has nothing to do with them winning the title last year.

They are just a much better built team than what was waiting for Lebron in Miami.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 10:02 PM
then you shouldnt be pimping the 70 win argument.. it's obviously bullsh!t because regular season =/= playoffs.

it's comparable because Wade is more proven than anybody on the warriors roster, and the depth argument is nullified by the disparity in conference.

Add to that all the stuff all the cavs fans and bran fam peddled about the warriors having the easiest title run ever when they won it.. to the haters, what have they even proved? :confusedshrug:

You know I agree with some of the stuff about Curry/Warriors...I just happen to think the Warriors are built in a far superior way than Miami was without Lebron.

Not only that, but Durant going there fixes a lot of the flaws they have.

I mean...put it this way. Are you betting on the 2012 Heat to beat the Warriors next year with Durant?

I think we all think Lebron is better than Durant...so you really think the 12 Heat are better?

Funktion
07-03-2016, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the Bay!

tpols
07-03-2016, 10:11 PM
dmavs, I think you're penalizing KD for being a better off ball fit and spacing threat than Bron is. i think you're counting it against him that he's more adaptable to a great team than Bron is.

Like, for instance, imagine 2011 Bron joining this current warrior team.. a team that relies on constant ball movement and 2-3 dribbles max from anyone at any given time .. imagine 2011, pound the rock , iso bron being thrown into that mix.. it would collapse the whole dynamic.

now.. imagine Durant joining Wade and Bosh? holy shit.. now wade can handle the ball with no fear for steppin on toes.. and no way KD and d-wade have lower on offs with each other than w/o each other. They are an infinitely better inside outside combo.. infinitely better on ball, off ball compliments.

So I do agree on your fit assessment.. but that speaks more to bron's lack of fit and KD's ease of fitting than anything else imo.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-03-2016, 10:14 PM
2011 Heat without LeBron vs 2016 Warriors minus Barnes & Bogut. Who wins?

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 10:14 PM
I've never been high on Bosh.

But I don't see the relevance...my analysis of the Warriors as a basketball team has nothing to do with them winning the title last year.

They are just a much better built team than what was waiting for Lebron in Miami.
What analysis? You simply spouted how proven the Warriors are by citing a championship without context and 73 wins.

So your opinion on how the Warriors are built without actually going into detail is supposed to be considered analysis now? :lol

I say Durant/Wade is a better fit than LeBron/Wade. And maybe a better fit than Durant potentially joining this warriors team. You're just trying to penalize Durant because he has a better time fitting in with his far superior outside shooting ability.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 10:16 PM
dmavs, I think you're penalizing KD for being a better off ball fit and spacing threat than Bron is. i think you're counting it against him that he's more adaptable to a great team than Bron is.

Like, for instance, imagine 2011 Bron joining this current warrior team.. a team that relies on constant ball movement and 2-3 dribbles max from anyone at any given time .. imagine 2011, pound the rock , iso bron being thrown into that mix.. it would collapse the whole dynamic.

now.. imagine Durant joining Wade and Bosh? holy shit.. now wade can handle the ball with no fear for steppin on toes.. and no way KD and d-wade have lower on offs with each other than w/o each other. They are an infinitely better inside outside combo.. infinitely better on ball, off ball compliments.

So I do agree on your fit assessment.. but that speaks more to bron's lack of fit and KD's ease of fitting than anything else imo.

I mean..yea...I guess that is fair.

I just think there is a difference in sliding into a perfect spot on the a near perfectly built team for him...that has already proven they can win and win a shit ton without him.

There is a difference, imo, in joining a team with an already established culture/blueprint to winning...and joining a team that doesn't have that in place and building it from scratch.

And just personally...I think Curry/Thompson/Green/Iggy/Livingston is way better than what Miami had in a vacuum.

alanLA92
07-03-2016, 10:17 PM
"In this fall, this is very tough, in this fall I'm going to take my talents to the Bay Area and join the Golden State Warriors."

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 10:18 PM
What analysis? You simply spouted how proven the Warriors are by citing a championship without context and 73 wins.

So your opinion on how the Warriors are built without actually going into detail is supposed to be considered analysis now? :lol

I say Durant/Wade is a better fit than LeBron/Wade. And maybe a better fit than Durant potentially joining this warriors team. You're just trying to penalize Durant because he has a better time fitting in with his far superior outside shooting ability.

it's as simple as this for me.

Curry/Thompson/Green/iggy/Liv is better than what Miami had in a vacuum...and considerably so imo.

Yes, Durant does fit better on the Warriors than Lebron...I'm not arguing that at all.

The other stuff cited is to remind you guys that its easy to forget just how great this team was with Harrison Barnes playing Durant's position.

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 10:19 PM
"In this fall, this is very tough, in this fall I'm going to take my talents to the Bay Area and join the Golden State Warriors."

Spurs m8
07-03-2016, 10:19 PM
The decision on whether he's still respectable or a little b*tch.

If he makes a little b*tch decision, he'd suit the Warriors...beta, fake nice guys.

Dray n Klay
07-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Durant can do whatever the f*ck he wants to

Ppl need to leave him alone :oldlol:

However Curry is a b*tch for recruiting and colluding when he already won 73 games, dude is a coward

tpols
07-03-2016, 10:21 PM
I mean..yea...I guess that is fair.

I just think there is a difference in sliding into a perfect spot on the a near perfectly built team for him...that has already proven they can win and win a shit ton without him.

There is a difference, imo, in joining a team with an already established culture/blueprint to winning...and joining a team that doesn't have that in place and building it from scratch.

And just personally...I think Curry/Thompson/Green/Iggy/Livingston is way better than what Miami had in a vacuum.

i definitely agree with KD being a b!tch for joining a team that beat him and with already a spurs style structure.. for sure. rest of it though? idk...

Hoopz2332
07-03-2016, 10:21 PM

:lol

Nilocon165
07-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Dude is one of my favorite players and I don't wanna see him just throw away his career like that.

Might actually stop caring for basketball if he leaves.

alanLA92
07-03-2016, 10:24 PM
2011 Heat without LeBron vs 2016 Warriors minus Barnes & Bogut. Who wins?

So it's basically the actual 2011 Heat team vs 2016 Warriors since none of the excluding players had any impact in the respective years finals. :lol

Dray n Klay
07-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Leave him alone, dude can do whatever he wants

If a guy leaves his current employer to work for an even BETTER company, would you blame him? :confusedshrug:

Funktion
07-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Odds he's being held hostage right now by Bran, CP3, or Russ?

Nilocon165
07-03-2016, 10:26 PM

If a guy leaves his current employer to work for an even BETTER company, would you blame him? :confusedshrug:
:biggums:

He's one of the best basketball players in the world

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2016, 10:26 PM
So it's basically the actual 2011 Heat team vs 2016 Warriors since none of the excluding players had any impact in the respective years finals. :lol

You're edgy.

poido123
07-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Hope wherever he goes, he chokes there to.

Unless of course he stays with the Thunder.

Spurs m8
07-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Im with you Nilo, I like Durant, would be nice to keep the respect for him.

Dray n Klay
07-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Hope wherever he goes, he chokes there to.

Unless of course he stays with the Thunder.

And you'll still be there to carry his bags anytime he visits Australia :oldlol: :banana:

Prime_Shaq
07-03-2016, 10:28 PM
A power shift in coming in the league.

First, LeBron returns to Cleveland.
Then, Mozgov joins the Lakers.
Next, wherever Durant goes will complete the circle.

Nilocon165
07-03-2016, 10:29 PM
A power shift in coming in the league.

First, LeBron returns to Cleveland.
Then, Mozgov joins the Lakers.
Next, wherever Durant goes will complete the circle.
One of these is not like the other

Spurs m8
07-03-2016, 10:30 PM

You and Warriorfan are a disgrace.

alanLA92
07-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Odds he's being held hostage right now by Bran, CP3, or Russ?

Prob by a crying CP3, just like DJ last year.

HenryGarfunkle
07-03-2016, 10:35 PM
it's as simple as this for me.

Curry/Thompson/Green/iggy/Liv is better than what Miami had in a vacuum...and considerably so imo.

Yes, Durant does fit better on the Warriors than Lebron...I'm not arguing that at all.

The other stuff cited is to remind you guys that its easy to forget just how great this team was with Harrison Barnes playing Durant's position.
I think Wade/Durant/Bosh/Chalmers is very comparable to Curry/Klay/Durant/Green

We know what the playoffs are about... and Wade gives you much more reliable offense than Curry/Klay while adding insanely good defense. He's better than anybody on the Warriors and so in a vacuum... they are very close. Might even give the edge to the Wade/Durant core. That's a better fit to me than Curry/Durant... Curry gives you basically no defense and no inside scoring presence whatsover.. Wade/Durant are almost the perfect fit

poido123
07-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Go get a papsmear you damn sissy

Prime_Shaq
07-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Agreed. Durant isn't a champion yet.

NBAGOAT
07-03-2016, 10:38 PM

yea Lebron's not 7 ft tall.

poido123
07-03-2016, 10:44 PM
And you'll still be there to carry his bags anytime he visits Australia :oldlol: :banana:

Members of ISH calling anyone out on their life choices is hilarious :oldlol:

I'd be surprised if you had a job

Bankaii
07-03-2016, 10:55 PM

The same idiots now pretending Wade was the second best player in 2010 were saying that Kobe was by far the best player in 2010...so at best that leaves Lebron as the third best player. So all in all, it was the third (at best) player joining the second best player (Wade) in 2010.

Of course, anybody that is older than 10 knows that Wade was NEVER, EVER, EVER considered the second best player in the NBA in 2010. On ISH or elsewhere. Wade was considered a top 5 player...about in the same vain as Westbrook is viewed today.

But because we have posters with agendas (i.e. tpols) suddenly Wade becomes the No. 2 player in the NBA with Lebron being the best.

Of course, these same posters would have threaten your life if you ever said that Kobe was not at least the second best player in the NBA in 2010. But now for convenience, Kobe is not even considered a top 2 player...
Nothing but truth:applause:

Spurs m8
07-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Members of ISH calling anyone out on their life choices is hilarious :oldlol:

I'd be surprised if you had a job

DraynKlay confirmed no job.

Compulsive liar too

AirBonner
07-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Durant is either staying with okc or going to Boston.

Lebron23
07-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the Bay!

Cavs are going to beat them again. And you are going to permanently disappear in this forum.

AirBonner
07-03-2016, 11:11 PM
He's going to Boston since they are the best situation for him.

DMAVS41
07-03-2016, 11:12 PM

We know what the playoffs are about... and Wade gives you much more reliable offense than Curry/Klay while adding insanely good defense. He's better than anybody on the Warriors and so in a vacuum... they are very close. Might even give the edge to the Wade/Durant core. That's a better fit to me than Curry/Durant... Curry gives you basically no defense and no inside scoring presence whatsover.. Wade/Durant are almost the perfect fit

Peak Wade and Durant are a better fit than Lebron/Wade...totally agree.

I disagree about your take about the two teams though. It's a bit odd to not mention Iggy/Livingston when they play two huge roles on the team.

I won't argue those top 4 you listed are drastically far apart...however I do think the Warriors are better with a noticeable gap...especially because of my questions about the defense the Heat would be able to play with Durant instead of Lebron.

But once you add Iggy/Liv...its pretty clear...again, just my opinion.

DaSeba5
07-03-2016, 11:12 PM
I was ready to call it quits and go to sleep, but now Insidehoops' tweet has rejuvenated me.

DaSeba5
07-03-2016, 11:15 PM
You're telling me. Miami could potentially be a contender, average, mediocre, or even bad all depending on what happens with Durant and Wade.

JT123
07-03-2016, 11:22 PM
:lol :roll: :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 11:31 PM
How is not winning titles vs. winning the next 6 the better situation?

tpols
07-03-2016, 11:59 PM
uh oh (https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/status/749716683418324993)

nba_55
07-04-2016, 12:12 AM

Respect bro!:applause: :applause:

nba_55
07-04-2016, 12:14 AM

Not it's not. Chalmers is not close to any of those players in there. Iggy who you didn't list is way better than Chalmers.

nba_55
07-04-2016, 12:17 AM
Peak Wade and Durant are a better fit than Lebron/Wade...totally agree.

I disagree about your take about the two teams though. It's a bit odd to not mention Iggy/Livingston when they play two huge roles on the team.

I won't argue those top 4 you listed are drastically far apart...however I do think the Warriors are better with a noticeable gap...especially because of my questions about the defense the Heat would be able to play with Durant instead of Lebron.

But once you add Iggy/Liv...its pretty clear...again, just my opinion.

That Heat team had huge liabilities on the team. They were playing guys like Mike Bibby, Dampier, old Igauskaus, Joel Anthony as pg and C. Gsw doesn't have that, they are a complete team with great stars ( like Heat), but with great depth also ( unlike Heat).

senelcoolidge
07-04-2016, 01:08 AM
He's signing a 1 year with someone other than OKC. But he may return after that year.

Nilocon165
07-04-2016, 01:08 AM
Can't sleep oh **** he's goin to gsw just kill me

soots
07-04-2016, 02:13 AM
We will react like we did with LBJ.

Hate on him for a year, then hug his nutts and proclaim him GOAT when he wins a single ring.

Meticode
07-04-2016, 02:17 AM
Let's be honest. He's not going to Boston because he saw how much sad Ainge was nut hugging on him wearing his kicks...

https://twitter.com/ComplexSneakers/status/749683314051715072

knicksman
07-04-2016, 02:24 AM
Why do people forgot about the draymond suspension? Yeah durant joining the warriors is worse than lebron but after that suspension, this league is still the same rigged shit during the stern era so if they arent going to fight fair then durant isnt obliged too.