PDA

View Full Version : Bulls sign Rondo for 2 yrs 28mil

NBAGOAT
07-03-2016, 06:54 PM
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/749737647858262017 money's not bad but just not a fan of rondo's game in today's nba.

brownmamba00
07-03-2016, 06:59 PM
that's a good deal for the Bulls

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Rondo gets 2/28 and Conley gets 5/150?

Rondo needs to fire his agent ASAP

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 07:01 PM
that's a good deal for the Bulls
:lol Rondo is a no impact cancer.

Glide2keva
07-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Say it again, they not listening.

Upgrayedd
07-03-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm excited about this. He's a pass first point guard who will be very good on a team with Butler, Doug McDermott, Mirotic.

Starting lineup next season will likely look like this

C: Lopez
PF: Mirotic
SF: Doug McDermott
SG: Butler
PG: Rondo

SpaceJam
07-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Correction: on the second year of the Rajon Rondo deal to Chicago, I'm told there's a "mutual buyout." Specifics unclear, though.

All aboard the Chicago TANK! Let's get it

Meticode
07-03-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm almost convinced that any team with Rondo cannot perform well in the playoffs unless he's around all-stars like he was in Boston. His inability to make a jump shot just hurts the team so severely.

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 07:20 PM
All aboard the Chicago TANK! Let's get it
Sounds like Rondo didn't even wanna sign with the Bulls, he just took the highest contract.:lol

brownmamba00
07-03-2016, 07:21 PM
he is a good point guard but will he listen to a rookie coach like Hoiberg IDK that's gonna be an issue it seems

low risk high reward type of move

ReturnofJPR
07-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Hit a better 3 point % than Rose, plays defense, and led the NBA in assists...yeah Welcome to Chicago Rondo! :PoPimpin Do or Die Style:

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Maybe he'll care more in Chicago than he did in Dallas/Sacramento, but Rondo's defense has been horrid for the last couple years. It looked like he wasn't even trying to contest the opponent or work within a defensive system most of the time, so I think that is fixable, but then again what does that say about him as a teammate?

Rondo's decline has been pretty amazing. There was a time when I thought he was right up there with the best of them. Should be interesting to see what playing in Chicago does for his effort-level.

If he continues to play defense the way he has recently, it won't even matter what he does on the offensive side of the floor... he'll be a net-negative.

ReturnofJPR
07-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Only a 2 year $28 million deal. What a steal with all of the money being thrown around. And just like the Amazing deal, 3 years of control at11/12 mil per, Chicago has with Robin Lopez they only add flexibility by adding a 26 year old Vucevic from Orlando, who averages 20 and 10, for future pick and Taj Gibson.

PG: Rajon Rondo, Calderon, 2015 1st round 15thnoverall draft pick Jerian Grant
SG: Jimmy Butler, Denzel Valentine
SF: Mike Dunleavy, Doug McDermott
PF: Vucevic, Mirotic
C: Lopez, Feliciano

Bulls to add Wade later this week...

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Vucevic
Lopez

nathanjizzle
07-03-2016, 07:37 PM
bulls are literally the only team willing to give rondo a contract above 10 mil a year. pathetic. i dont get what the bulls are trying to do? are they tanking? are they rebuilding? because at this point, it looks like they are going for an 8th 7th seed playoff spot with a first round exit. i cant wait until gar and pax the 2 stooges gets fired. I think they really believe butler can be a player they build around, LOL. shoudl have kept rose and traded butler while his value was high.

ALBballer
07-03-2016, 07:42 PM
I find it hard to believe that Vuc can be had for Taj Gibson and Portis. That's ridiculous when you consider some of the contracts being handed out for bigmen and Vuc is only get around $12 mill the next few years.

SamuraiSWISH
07-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Head case without a jumper ... but he's a competitor. Hopefully he goes all out. I'm still pissed they traded Rose away for absolute garbage instead of letting him walk for free.

nathanjizzle
07-03-2016, 07:48 PM
this is pathetic. they obviously wanted to try to lure kevin durant or another big name but they ended up with rondo. :roll: gtfo. i hope those idiots get fired and rose can come back at some point to salvage this nightmare.

nathanjizzle
07-03-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm excited. Great organization with pieces around me that I'm excited about,"

damn, rondo already throwing shade at butler. great addition.

Jasper
07-03-2016, 07:57 PM
I'm excited about this. He's a pass first point guard who will be very good on a team with Butler, Doug McDermott, Mirotic.

Starting lineup next season will likely look like this

C: Lopez
PF: Mirotic
SF: Doug McDermott
SG: Butler
PG: Rondo
link :confusedshrug:

Young X
07-03-2016, 08:00 PM
This should be interesting. I remember Bulls fans used to hate this dude.

JohnnySic
07-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Rondo > Rose. In '09, and today. :D

SamuraiSWISH
07-03-2016, 08:06 PM
We did. Trying to fight my boy Capt Kirk.

:coleman:

SpaceJam
07-03-2016, 08:10 PM
When you realize Rondo shot better from the 3pt line than Rose did :eek:

nathanjizzle
07-03-2016, 08:17 PM
When you realize Rondo shot better from the 3pt line than Rose did :eek:

that doesnt say much, both suck at shooting 3's

SpaceJam
07-03-2016, 08:19 PM
that doesnt say much, both suck at shooting 3's

DRose - 29%
Rondo - 36%

League average 35% :eek:

Rose may suck at it, but Rondo an average 3pt shooter :eek:

nathanjizzle
07-03-2016, 08:20 PM
DRose - 29%
Rondo - 36%

League average 35% :eek:

Rose may suck at it, but Rondo an average 3pt shooter :eek:

how many does he attempt though?

poido123
07-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Very happy by this signing.

You are getting one of the best distributors in the game and best defensive PG in the game on a 2 year contract less than fcking Mozgov :oldlol:

I could see Butler and Rondo really toughening up this Bulls team.

Welcome aboard Rondo :applause:

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 08:22 PM
RUSS BENGT$ON ‏@russbengtson 24m24 minutes ago
Cool that the Bulls managed to find a point guard who's older than Derrick Rose AND a worse shooter. Geniuses.
60 retweets 49 likes
Reply Retweet 60
Like 49
More

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SpaceJam
07-03-2016, 08:22 PM
how many does he attempt though?

DRose - 2.3 attempts per game
Rondo - 2.4 attempts per game

:eek:

poido123
07-03-2016, 08:24 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

A much better defender, better distributor by a mile, less injury prone and a MUCH better contract.

Not only that, Rondo is tough unlike Rose.

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 08:26 PM
A much better defender, better distributor by a mile, less injury prone and a MUCH better contract.

Not only that, Rondo is tough unlike Rose.
Rondo aint good at defense anymore.

He is also the biggest cancer in the NBA.

poido123
07-03-2016, 08:27 PM

Only because the guy was tough and in our face playing on a conference rival :oldlol:

He's on our side now, he's one of ours.

poido123
07-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Rondo aint good at defense anymore.

He is also the biggest cancer in the NBA.

Just curious.

What team do you follow?

For what he provides, do you honestly think this is a bad contract?

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Just curious.

What team do you follow?

For what he provides, do you honestly think this is a bad contract?
Not bad contract wise...Rondo is just a no defense cancer at this stage in his career.

SpaceJam
07-03-2016, 08:35 PM
I honestly see nothing wrong with this, if we don't like him for the following year he can go. Not major money, not long term. Might even get Lopez some looks, sweeten him up as trade bait, make that contract look appealing

And if all else fails, and we turn to sh^t..... 2017 #1 Pick BABY

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-03-2016, 08:41 PM
sick 10th thread on Rondo

theaussieguy
07-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Not bad contract wise...Rondo is just a no defense cancer at this stage in his career.

he isn't a cancer, he was close to becoming one tho. He had a bad run in Dallas for sure and still does some punkish things, but if you follow his efforts you know he gets behind his franchise, seems to get on with everyone behind the scenes. Rondos problem is that hes too smart, in his mind he knows he is probably the smartest on the floor and could run an entire game without a single input from his coach so he tends to rage out it seems when coaches don't give him any free will.

Glide2keva
07-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Singing him was a mistake that they will regret.

https://theathletic.com/2016/07/04/bulls-sign-rajon-rondo/

Glide2keva
07-03-2016, 08:51 PM
he is a good point guard but will he listen to a rookie coach like Hoiberg IDK that's gonna be an issue it seems

You spelled stat padder wrong.

nathanjizzle
07-03-2016, 08:51 PM
I honestly see nothing wrong with this, if we don't like him for the following year he can go. Not major money, not long term. Might even get Lopez some looks, sweeten him up as trade bait, make that contract look appealing

And if all else fails, and we turn to sh^t..... 2017 #1 Pick BABY

the problem is that getting rondo means that the bulls are trying. and if they are trying, that means they are not getting the 2017 #1 pick, baby.

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 08:54 PM
he isn't a cancer, he was close to becoming one tho. He had a bad run in Dallas for sure and still does some punkish things, but if you follow his efforts you know he gets behind his franchise, seems to get on with everyone behind the scenes. Rondos problem is that hes too smart, in his mind he knows he is probably the smartest on the floor and could run an entire game without a single input from his coach so he tends to rage out it seems when coaches don't give him any free will.
:roll:

poido123
07-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Singing him was a mistake that they will regret.

https://theathletic.com/2016/07/04/bulls-sign-rajon-rondo/

That is his opinion.

A lot depends on the attitude Rondo brings to this team. If he bonds well with Butler and buys into us v Lebron which I think he might, we could get us a very solid player to add to this team.

We realistically need to get one powerhouse offensive player. We need to package our scraps and open up capspace so we can get one.

poido123
07-03-2016, 08:59 PM
the problem is that getting rondo means that the bulls are trying. and if they are trying, that means they are not getting the 2017 #1 pick, baby.

You are just sour grapes because your Glass hero Rose is out the door.

Fck Rose, he's gone. Good luck to him in NY.

I swear our fanbase is always so negative. If we are able to hit a guy like Vucevic or some other offensive weapon, this team could make some noise.

poido123
07-03-2016, 09:01 PM

You aren't even a Bulls fan and you are more positive than our fanbase :oldlol:

ReturnofJPR
07-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Rondo gets 2/28 and Conley gets 5/150?

Rondo needs to fire his agent ASAP

Bulls have the best contracts in the NBA with Rondo, Butler, Taj Gibson, and Robin Lopez.

ReturnofJPR
07-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Rondo led the NBA in transition assists on the team with the #1 fastest pace offense in the NBA. He was more than 100 assists above the 2nd place finisher in transition assists...Russell Westbrook.

brownmamba00
07-03-2016, 09:25 PM
You aren't even a Bulls fan and you are more positive than our fanbase :oldlol:
Bulls fans should be happy the team still wants to build a contender...they could've easily blew it up after Noah Rose and Gasol left.

but now if they somehow get someone like Vucevic maybe to pair up with Lopez that could be a decent team

rondo
jimmyb
mirotic
vucevic
lopez

ReturnofJPR
07-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Don't forget about Bobby Portis and Jerian Grant, 2 first round draft picks from last year who have prototypical size and length for their positions at PF and PG.

Also:

A Bulls player recorded 10 assists in a game 10 times last season. Rajon Rondo had 51 games with 10+ assists last season

Glide2keva
07-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Bulls fans should be happy the team still wants to build a contender...they could've easily blew it up after Noah Rose and Gasol left.

but now if they somehow get someone like Vucevic maybe to pair up with Lopez that could be a decent team

rondo
jimmyb
mirotic
vucevic
lopez

Does not play here. And this is NOT a contending team. Stop.

Glide2keva
07-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Don't forget about Bobby Portis and Jerian Grant, 2 first round draft picks from last year who have prototypical size and length for their positions at PF and PG.

Also:

A Bulls player recorded 10 assists in a game 10 times last season. Rajon Rondo had 51 games with 10+ assists last seasonWe all know he likes to pad his assists.

Glide2keva
07-03-2016, 09:31 PM
Rondo led the NBA in transition assists on the team with the #1 fastest pace offense in the NBA. He was more than 100 assists above the 2nd place finisher in transition assists...Russell Westbrook.
He pads his assists by passing up transition scores to get an assist.

Glide2keva
07-03-2016, 09:32 PM
You are just sour grapes because your Glass hero Rose is out the door.

Fck Rose, he's gone. Good luck to him in NY.

I swear our fanbase is always so negative. If we are able to hit a guy like Vucevic or some other offensive weapon, this team could make some noise.

Our fan base is a bunch of disloyal idiots. **** Rondo, piece of shit.

poido123
07-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Does not play here. And this is NOT a contending team. Stop.

Vucevic came here and we would be contending next year.

This year, it will be about getting in position to make good moves or possibly tank if we start out terrible.

Butler and rondo can attract some decent free agents. Plus the rest of our guys are hardly unlikeable.

poido123
07-03-2016, 09:34 PM

rondo
jimmyb
mirotic
vucevic
lopez

Ideally, that's who i want. Vucevic is comfortable in a high volume scoring role.

With complimentary pieces around him and good passers and shooters, we could definately make this into a decent team.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Carlisle couldn't get him to listen.

Karl couldn't get him to listen.

Not sure if anyone can.

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 09:41 PM

Not sure if anyone can.
Neither could Stevens.

poido123
07-03-2016, 10:25 PM

Not sure if anyone can.

I don't think the Karl relationship was that bad. Rondo played very well last year, so there's that.

Rondo hasn't played with a player friendly coach since Boston with Rivers.

I think Hoiberg will try and embrace rondo's creativity and let him call the shots.

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 10:30 PM
I don't think the Karl relationship was that bad. Rondo played very well last year, so there's that.

Rondo hasn't played with a player friendly coach since Boston with Rivers.

I think Hoiberg will try and embrace rondo's creativity and let him call the shots.
Stevens wasn't player friendly?:roll: :roll:

poido123
07-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Stevens wasn't player friendly?:roll: :roll:

rondo was already on his way out and boston let him know as much. Can't blame him for being sour over that.

rivers was rondo's main coach for many years and they got along perfectly.

You just worry about your mess of an organisation over in Minny. Enjoy Thibs running your team into the ground every year and never doing a lick in the playoffs.

FireDavidKahn
07-03-2016, 10:54 PM
rondo was already on his way out and boston let him know as much. Can't blame him for being sour over that.

rivers was rondo's main coach for many years and they got along perfectly.

You just worry about your mess of an organisation over in Minny. Enjoy Thibs running your team into the ground every year and never doing a lick in the playoffs.
Salty as ****.

Wolves are gonna more relevant starting next year and stay more relevant for the next decade after that.:roll:

Im Still Ballin
07-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Rondo will get the offense going... Just need to surround him with enough defensive players to mitigate his defensive efforts, or lack of so

Lebron23
07-04-2016, 01:21 AM
Huge upgrade.

kamil
07-04-2016, 01:24 AM

Not me, I've always liked his game. Too bad he's an idiot. Hopefully (and unlikely) he can get his shit together and play well.

KiiiiNG
07-04-2016, 01:27 AM
Not me, I've always liked his game. Too bad he's an idiot. Hopefully (and unlikely) he can get his shit together and play well.
He played very well all of last year you bald middle eastern homo. :lol

Rondo is back. Too bad he'll be wasting away on a hopeless Bulls team with no future. :(

soots
07-04-2016, 02:02 AM
IMO, He has the highest skill cap in the NBA . Like he could go 5 games straight 40/20/20 and you would go "Why cant he play like this all the time?"

But unfortunately he rarely ever turns up.

poido123
07-04-2016, 02:09 AM
He played very well all of last year you bald middle eastern homo. :lol

Rondo is back. Too bad he'll be wasting away on a hopeless Bulls team with no future. :(

I forgot Simon that you are a highly successful entrepreneur that happens to be on ISH talking to other highly successful people.

You sir are living the dream and everything you say on here must be listened to and respected.

Bulls will be fine, you on the other hand...Are stealing oxygen

KiiiiNG
07-04-2016, 02:12 AM
I forgot Simon that you are a highly successful entrepreneur that happens to be on ISH talking to other highly successful people.

You sir are living the dream and everything you say on here must be listened to and respected.

Bulls will be fine, you on the other hand...Are stealing oxygen
Bro you're way too old and bald to be melting down like this. :lol

We collectively feel bad for you.

Get my bags bitch

poido123
07-04-2016, 02:15 AM
Bro you're way too old and bald to be melting down like this. :lol

We collectively feel bad for you.

Get my bags bitch

Old and bald doesn't equate to how sad and pathetic your life must be.

Here's to hoping you peel yourself off the bottom of the scrapheap in life. :cheers:

poido123
07-04-2016, 02:20 AM
Salty as ****.

Wolves are gonna more relevant starting next year and stay more relevant for the next decade after that.:roll:

Get back to me when you're out of dreamland bro :oldlol:

Wolves will be reg season warriors. We know, we've lived the Thibs era

kshutts1
07-04-2016, 08:19 AM
Why do people persist in believing that starting two traditional big men (Lopez and Vuc) is the ticket to winning in today's league? That's the same mistake that Chicago's FO has been making. That and their utter lack of cares about shooting.

Rondo will be worse than Rose this year. Now, I'm not saying Rose should have stayed in our long term plans - he should have either been traded last summer for scraps like we got, or this January for some decent pieces - but as long as Chicago continues to build their teams the same way, those teams will continue to fail the same way.

kshutts1
07-04-2016, 08:23 AM
If we trade for Vucevic, that's fine. I'd welcome that. But he and Robin Lopez should not play together often.

I'd so much rather see:
Rondo/Grant
Butler/Valentine
McDermott/Dunleavy
Portis/Mirotic
Vuc/Lopez

Look at that as two separate lineups, and they both have good potential. And honestly, a lot of those players can easily switch between lineups... just Robin and Vuc should not play together often unless we're playing another team that hasn't gotten it yet.

Oh and I know that I didn't send out any contracts for Vuc. I'm not going to waste time thinking about what Orlando would want for him, as he's not a dream target or anything of mine. Just threw his name in our lineup to illustrate my point.

Rolando
07-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Don't underestimate Rondo.

Last year on SAC, he started the year very well. He was putting in work on D and throwing up a triple dub often enough. As the season aged and it became apparent that the team was a Cluster, he eased up a bit...making sure he hit his numbers but not putting in 100%.

Rest assured he will start the season again with his foot on the gas. If he is liking his situation, you will again see a top 5 type of point guard.

He's clever enough to cover his deficiencies to the extent that, at the end of games, when people should be putting him on the line, the opposing team seems to forget to hack him.

veilside23
07-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Ronda gets hated in this forum because of the attitude he showed with the Mavs.

Rondo if he plays right he can be great, he still have that its just a matter of will.

ReturnofJPR
07-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Chicago is a grade A franchise in a major market. Can't really say that about sactown and Dallas. Rick Carlisle and George Karl are old school control freaks who like to control the X's and O's from the sideline. Chicago's Fred Hoiberg is not like that. He is a player's coach and will let Rondo play freely. Rondo is finally at a serious organization for the 1st time since Boston. At the end of the day I'd rather have Rondo starting than Jose Calderon and that was the Bulls before they signed Rondo. Massive improvement plus Rondo averages 2 steals per game like clockwork.

ReturnofJPR
07-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Only a 2 year $28 million deal. What a steal with all of the money being thrown around. And just like the Amazing deal, 3 years of control at11/12 mil per, Chicago has with Robin Lopez they only add flexibility by adding a 26 year old Vucevic from Orlando, who averages 20 and 10, for future pick and Taj Gibson.

PG: Rajon Rondo, Calderon, 2015 1st round 15thnoverall draft pick Jerian Grant
SG: Jimmy Butler, Denzel Valentine
SF: Mike Dunleavy, Doug McDermott
PF: Vucevic, Mirotic
C: Lopez, Feliciano

Bulls to add Wade later this week...

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Vucevic
Lopez

Who called the Wade signing?! :cheers:

Pointguard
07-06-2016, 10:20 PM
If we trade for Vucevic, that's fine. I'd welcome that. But he and Robin Lopez should not play together often.

I'd so much rather see:
Rondo/Grant
Butler/Valentine
McDermott/Dunleavy
Portis/Mirotic
Vuc/Lopez

Look at that as two separate lineups, and they both have good potential. And honestly, a lot of those players can easily switch between lineups... just Robin and Vuc should not play together often unless we're playing another team that hasn't gotten it yet.

Oh and I know that I didn't send out any contracts for Vuc. I'm not going to waste time thinking about what Orlando would want for him, as he's not a dream target or anything of mine. Just threw his name in our lineup to illustrate my point.
I see that, what about Snell???, as a solid team. Funny how people are saying in this thread that they are shooting for the number one pick when they are at least solid at every position even without Vuc. Well now that they got Wade... The deepest team in the East. What happened to Gibson, Moore and Aaron Brooks.

Wasn't Hoiberg picked because he had a passing offense in college??? Rondo totally kills that tho. But otherwise its definitely a top 4 playoff team.