PDA

View Full Version : Is it save to say that Lebron is unlikely to win 7 rings?

nashwade
07-04-2016, 09:04 AM
I mean he needs to get another 4 and he is 31.

I don't see him running to a team to win rings as the second or third option.

Lebron23
07-04-2016, 09:11 AM
LeBron needs to take one championship at a time.

USABall
07-04-2016, 09:14 AM
At this rate, I don't see LeBron ever being anything except a first option. Too smart and skilled.

However, 7 rings is a very steep mountain to climb.

NumberSix
07-04-2016, 09:36 AM
It is very save.

NumberSix
07-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Keep in mind, at LeBron's current age, MJ had fewer accolades. Yeah yeah yeah, I know. People are gonna say "but LeBron started earlier". That's true, but LeBron is in better physical shape that MJ was at this age. There's no reason why LeBron can't be the top dog of the league for 5-6 more seasons.

Do I actually think he'll win 6? No. I think hell probably retire with 4 chips.

lilteapot
07-04-2016, 09:48 AM
I don't see any way he wins 7, especially if KD goes to the Warriors, or if the Cavs don't improve their bench.

This Cavs team doesn't have the look of a dynasty in the making like the Warriors do/did. Lebron should have another 4-5 good years left in him, depending on if he improves his jump shot and post game. If he does both, he can still be the first option when he's 35-36 years old.

I should know better than to question his motivation, but I know if I were him I'd feel a lot less pressure now. He did what everyone wanted/expected him to do, win a chip for Cleveland, so either this means he phones it in (probably not, not the way he's wired) or he plays a lot more freely.

Anyways, I digress. I think it's within the realm of possibility for Lebron to win one more championship with Cleveland, and perhaps even one more after that, but that 5th one is a stretch. The Warriors are still going to be the best team in the league, they won't try to go for 73-9, and they'll pace themselves better. I think for the next five years, the Warriors are going to dominate the league. Lebron will most probably make a few more Finals, but I don't think he'll get more than 2 additional rings.

Prime_Shaq
07-04-2016, 09:58 AM
*Safe

Lebron23
07-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Lebron and Jordan both have 3 Finals MVP at the same age. I think LeBron is going to be a very effective player in his late 30's and early 40's ala Malone and Jabbar.

DCL
07-04-2016, 10:23 AM
7?

even lebron himself learned to not make predictions like that.

DirkNowitzki41
07-04-2016, 10:31 AM
My prediction would be 5 rings. 4 for sure. 7 would just be insane and isn't even totally necessary to be considered the consensus GOAT.

LeBron will be great for a while, but he does need at least a consistent mid-range jumper. Even when his athleticism fades, he'll still be more athletic than most people in the league, just like RJ. He is too smart, and too great of a rebounder and passer to be less than a star even at an advanced age.

Good thing for him is that he has Kyrie and Love, so it'll take less of a toll on him during the regular season since he doesnt need to drop 25+. I can see him going the 20ppg triple double type going forward. Atleast till the playoffs.

LBJ 23
07-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Unlikely he wins 7.

It will be interesting to see how he adapts his game, I would like him to move to 4 and really start using his old man strength which will become his main advantage in the following years. This year we saw glimpses of it, I saw plays from him which were based solely on strength which I never saw before from him.

Asukal
07-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Took him 7 tries to win 3 in his prime, he might need another 15 tries to win 4 in his decline years. :oldlol: