PDA

View Full Version : Who's game fosters championship basketball?.. We'll never know due to "team-hop" era

3ball
07-04-2016, 02:18 PM
That's why I don't watch anymore.. :(

Today's players lack fundamentals, which prevents them from fostering a championship brand of basketball - so they need extra talent to overcome their suboptimal styles..

With all the team-hopping, it's impossible to tell whose really good anymore.. I guess Kobe and Duncan are, since they won rings without team-hopping.

tpols
07-04-2016, 02:21 PM
ever since bran started this wildfire of collusion the league has taken a hit.

it's sad.. but top 10 all time is pretty much barred for these guys.

3ball
07-04-2016, 02:25 PM
ever since bran started this wildfire of collusion the league has taken a hit.

it's sad.. but top 10 all time is pretty much barred for these guys.

Lack of fundamentals:

- Durant's post game is horrific for a forward, so he couldn't dominate against the tightest defenses in OKC.

- Lebron can't shoot and posts up less often (http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/playtype/post-up/?sort=Time&dir=1) than Durant does (and his post game is a bully-ball, time-consuming, ball-stopping style.

SpecialQue
07-04-2016, 02:31 PM
That's why I don't watch anymore.. :(

Today's players lack fundamentals

How the fvck do you know they lack fundamentals if you don't watch anymore?

3ball
07-04-2016, 02:56 PM
How the fvck do you know they lack fundamentals if you don't watch anymore?

It's common knowledge - virtually everyone says that today's players lack fundamentals - they have diluted "3-and-D" skillsets (see, there's even a term for it)

Examples of no fundamentals:

- Durant's post game is horrific for a forward, so he couldn't dominate the tightest defenses

- Lebron can't shoot and posts up less often (http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/playtype/post-up/?sort=Time&dir=1) than Durant does (and his post game is a no moves-bully-ball, time-consuming and ball-stopping style).