PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant killed any chance of Curry getting a FMVP or another MVP

Derivative
07-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Sad day for Curry fans because he ain't getting another MVP or ever getting a FMVP.

Lebron23
07-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Sad day for Curry fans because he ain't getting another MVP or ever getting a FMVP.

I have to agree.

Proctor
07-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Durant is a beta and Curry is 200% more likely to get a FMVP or an MVP. Curry rises in big moments (with the exception of this year's finals) and Durant shrinks. Don't forget this.

imdaman99
07-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Durant is Lebron's bitch anyway :oldlol: Can't see him winning Finals MVP

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Durant is a beta and Curry is 200% more likely to get a FMVP or an MVP. Curry rises in big moments (with the exception of this year's finals) and Durant shrinks. Don't forget this.

Yep, Curry always rises in big moments, with the exception of the biggest series of his career :oldlol:

TheCorporation
07-04-2016, 04:18 PM

0/22

NumberSix
07-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Steph Carried doesn't always shoot air balls, but when he does, the championship is on the line.

SilkkTheShocker
07-04-2016, 04:31 PM
LeBron ain't losing to Durant, folks

aj1987
07-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Durant is Lebron's bitch anyway :oldlol: Can't see him winning Finals MVP
:roll:

Why do you hate KD? I thought you were a fan?

CJ Mustard
07-04-2016, 04:32 PM
What about when he didn't win Finals MVP last year?

Dude couldn't beat out Iguodala. He would have lost it to Green if he didn't single-handedley throw away the title. And now he's gonna beat out KD? No chance.

Kiddlovesnets
07-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Curry is declining already, it will be Durant's team next year.

Proctor
07-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Yep, Curry always rises in big moments, with the exception of the biggest series of his career :oldlol:
Don't think you can call a possible repeat the biggest series of his career, but you can call it whatever you want. I'm no Curry stan, but he's far better and more valuable than Durant.

Curry is no god but what the hell has Durant done to be given the MVP before the season even starts?

imdaman99
07-04-2016, 04:35 PM
:roll:

Why do you hate KD? I thought you were a fan?
#TeamWestbrook :rockon: always in Durant's shadow :oldlol:

BlakFrankWhite
07-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Curry is declining already, it will be Durant's team next year.

In that case Warriors are screwed big time.

KingBeasley08
07-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Jesus I thought LeBron would never win another MVP but he's in perfect position for it. His only competitor is probably GOATbrook

Hoopz2332
07-04-2016, 07:12 PM
facts!

SexSymbol
07-04-2016, 07:21 PM
The amount of defensive attention on Curry in the finals are by far the most out of any player I've seen. With Durant on the team it's just not possible, so expect curry to drop 33-34 ppg on around 50 percent field goals in next year's finals.

ILLsmak
07-04-2016, 07:23 PM
the WB/KD dynamic was toxic. I imagine KD is gonna shine more in GS. I think it'll be fun to watch. As I said before, I can't be upset at super teams anymore cuz it just keeps happening.

-Smak

ScalsFan21
07-04-2016, 07:54 PM
The amount of defensive attention on Curry in the finals are by far the most out of any player I've seen. With Durant on the team it's just not possible, so expect curry to drop 33-34 ppg on around 50 percent field goals in next year's finals.

Lol I kind of agree... I mean, he ain't dropping 34 PPG on anywhere near that efficiency, but this certainly improves Curry's FMVP chances IMO.

The Curry Effect was good enough to get GSW a title in 2015 when Curry had the biggest positive impact (along with the best stats on the winning team while fighting through crazy defensive coverage). Should have been FMVP over Iggy but that's a whole other story.

Now with another top 3 player in the world to take some of that focus off, Curry may be freed up to put up the nasty lines needed to win more FMVPs. He's still the best player on this team so if Golden State wins it all, I think he's the odds-on favorite to win FMVP, even moreso than he would've been otherwise.

They were already one of the most stacked teams ever, but now they're actually all-time stacked enough to where I doubt even elite defensive teams can afford to double-team Steph so often.

Now, as far as RS MVP goes, yeah this is the nail in the coffin for both guys for a very long time at least. FMVP, the move helps both guys improve their chances at it.

Shooter
05-10-2021, 10:57 PM

:durantunimpressed: