PDA

View Full Version : If It's Not Broken, Don't Fix It

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 04:39 PM
The 15-16 Warriors were a great team. Truly great, one of the best ever.

That team is now gone. This is a new team with new advantages but also new disadvantages, too. This is not a guaranteed ring by any stretch, especially considering how monstrous the cavs were in the playoffs.

One thing is for sure, next season is going to be amazing for basketball fans

KingPush
07-04-2016, 04:41 PM
They might not break 73 wins because their bench wont be as strong and they have no good center anymore. They still probably win it all though

NumberSix
07-04-2016, 04:42 PM
They might not break 73 wins because their bench wont be as strong and they have no good center anymore. They still probably win it all though
They probably learned their lesson. Don't go so hard for worthless regular season games.

Proctor
07-04-2016, 04:43 PM
That's how I feel. And while I'm not sold the Spurs for example are good enough quite yet, the Durant fallout does change the complexion for WCF teams like them. The narrative was always that the Spurs will struggle against the Thunder..and I don't see that happening anymore. Spurs and Clippers (if they make a big move) could benefit a bit from OKC's newfound relative irrelevance.

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 04:44 PM
I seriously doubt it. Not their first year. Is the defense any better?

They've turned into a monstars like offense but sacrificed at least some defense and depth to do it.

They can't all have 50 points every night

K Xerxes
07-04-2016, 04:45 PM
They just added a top 3 player, and they now have the two best scorers in the NBA who don't need to dominate the ball. That will honestly cover up any and all deficiencies. They will decimate teams.

Da_Realist
07-04-2016, 04:45 PM
The 15-16 Warriors were a great team. Truly great, one of the best ever.

That team is now gone. This is a new team with new advantages but also new disadvantages, too. This is not a guaranteed ring by any stretch

Agreed. Adding a star doesn't necessarily make a team great or better than it was. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

KingPush
07-04-2016, 04:46 PM
I seriously doubt it. Not their first year. Is the defense any better?

They've turned into a monstars like offense but sacrificed at least some defense and depth to do it.

They can't all have 50 points every night
KD was really good on defense this year, just Draymond down easily

The only weak link on D will be Curry and whoever their center is

Nash
07-04-2016, 04:47 PM
It is broken, Lebron broke it.

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 04:48 PM
They just added a top 3 player, and they now have the two best scorers in the NBA who don't need to dominate the ball. That will honestly cover up any and all deficiencies. They will decimate teams.
Oh they will crush teams relatively easy for most of the season and maybe even post season.

When it gets tough though, what happens? Will they decimate San Antonio in the WCF? That's not an easy series When the cavs are playing like savages on defense and hitting shots and finishing at the rim with little to no resistance, what happens? Will Draymond never get tired trying to carry that workload over seven games? Can he stop Kyrie and Lebron whilst fighting TT for rebounds? They will have a bigger workload all around, especially their front court and key defenders

Ben Simmons
07-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Oh they will crush teams relatively easy for most of the season and maybe even post season.

When it gets tough though, what happens? Will they decimate San Antonio in the WCF? That's not an easy series When the cavs are playing like savages on defense and hitting shots and finishing at the rim with little to no resistance, what happens? Will Draymond never get tired trying to carry that workload over seven games? Can he stop Kyrie and Lebron whilst fighting TT for rebounds? They will have a bigger workload all around, especially their front court and key defenders
You can do this for every team

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 04:53 PM
You can do this for every team
Nah this is just golden state. They were a great team on both sides of the ball with depth. With this move their offensive rises to ridiculous levels but their depth and defense have probably taken a measurable hit.

Every team changes wjth every big signing or trade but this was an already all time great team. Why change the recipe? They were good enough to be champs already. It seems like a funny time to make a huge wave like this

bdreason
07-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Maybe the best regular season team ever. We struggled throughout the playoffs, and lost in the Finals.

sd3035
07-04-2016, 04:56 PM
hard to keep winning titles with only one superstar

They had to try to keep pace with stacked teams

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Maybe the best regular season team ever. We struggled throughout the playoffs, and lost in the Finals.
Yeah but dude, you were playing great western conference teams. You were as close as you can get to beating the cavs. A lot of warriors fans feel they would have ifnot for the suspension and injuries. I just don't get why such a drastic change to the roster is necessarily a good thing at a time like this. KD is not a great defender. He's not as good on offense as curry. He's just an offensive power. They already had a couple of those

Bankaii
07-04-2016, 05:03 PM
hard to keep winning titles with only one superstar

They had to try to keep pace with stacked teams
Every team in the league (except for 2016 OKC ironically) only had 1 superstar dumbass.

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Every team in the league (except for 2016 OKC ironically) only had 1 superstar dumbass.
Kyrie is getting there

Bankaii
07-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Kyrie is getting there
That's true. But outside of the Finals he was not a superstar at all.

sd3035
07-04-2016, 05:10 PM

Cavs have 3, idiot

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Cavs have 3, idiot
I bet you'd say Love is the other but as a lifelong cavs fan i would rather have TT at this point especially considering Love's contract

FKAri
07-04-2016, 05:16 PM
They probably learned their lesson. Don't go so hard for worthless regular season games.
Go hard? You mean by resting Curry and the starters in the 4th quarters of games?

sd3035
07-04-2016, 05:17 PM
I bet you'd say Love is the other but as a lifelong cavs fan i would rather have TT at this point especially considering Love's contract

Love was before he went there, he had to sacrifice his role

Don't forget they traded the most coveted draft pick since Lebald for Love

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Love was before he went there, he had to sacrifice his role

Don't forget they traded the most coveted draft pick since Lebald for Love
He hasn't played like it since he got here.

what they gave up for him kind of makes that worse. A lot of cavs fans wish we got Wiggins to this day

DonDadda59
07-04-2016, 05:27 PM
One thing is for sure, next season is going to be amazing for basketball fans

How so? It will be even more top heavy than it was this past season and we just witnessed one of the most unbalanced seasons ever (hence the inflated records for GSW and the Spurs). There will be like 3 good teams and filler. If the Cavs and Warriors both don't make the finals then it will be a story. But who's going to bet against that?

Unless something catastrophic happens, next season will be a mere formality.

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 05:32 PM
How so? It will be even more top heavy than it was this past season and we just witnessed one of the most unbalanced seasons ever (hence the inflated records for GSW and the Spurs). There will be like 3 good teams and filler. If the Cavs and Warriors both don't make the finals then it will be a story. But who's going to bet against that?

Unless something catastrophic happens, next season will be a mere formality.
I guess I was referring more to the post season. I'm still high from the playoffs

Even so it'll be fun to see how the Warriors come together and how many they can score in the regular

kamil
07-04-2016, 05:33 PM

Explain 1995/96 Bulls that went hard and also got the championship.

j3lademaster
07-04-2016, 05:34 PM
He hasn't played like it since he got here.

what they gave up for him kind of makes that worse. A lot of cavs fans wish we got Wiggins to this dayCavs fans don't miss Wiggins at all had he been traded for Kevin Durant instead of Kevin Love i guarentee you.

KingPush
07-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Explain 1995/96 Bulls that went hard and also got the championship.
Curry

HeyMarkus
07-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Cavs fans don't miss Wiggins at all had he been traded for Kevin Durant instead of Kevin Love i guarentee you.
But he wasn't? I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at

All I know is I know a lot of people in the city of Cleveland who still want Wiggins instead of Love

Bankaii
07-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Cavs have 3, idiot
Even you don't believe that bullshit.
When have to lie to yourself to keep your agenda going maybe you should stop trolling.