View Full Version : has there ever been a more stacked team

red1
07-04-2016, 06:33 PM
curry
klay
kd
iggy
green

are you kidding me? two top 3 players, two other top 10-15 players plus 2015's finals mvp

stacked.

KingPush
07-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Hopefully Iggy's back is still ****ed and Curry's mind never recovers from that finals series

Trollsmasher
07-04-2016, 06:34 PM
twist those ankles, little boys

BallsOut
07-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Yes.

2010-2014 Miami Heat - 3 superstar players in their primes colluding (Lebron, Wade, Bosh)

2014-2016 Cleveland Cavaliers - 3 superstar players in their primes (Lebron, Irving, Love)

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 06:36 PM
No, this is historic. This is the greatest juggernaut ever in the NBA.There's a reason people are saying this will ruin the competitiveness of the NBA. I can't remember a time when there were four players that good on the same time all in their prime.

Draz
07-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Top 3 players in what?
It's LeBron, Durant, Curry

Top 2-3 players, a top 7 in Klay

Still the most impressive line up in terms of talent and skills

inclinerator
07-04-2016, 06:37 PM
3 of the best shooters in the league
runner up dpoy
lock down bench player
best back up pg

NBAGOAT
07-04-2016, 06:38 PM
on paper yes. 2 of the top 3 players most likely. Another guy who's a top 10 player in the league at least this year and the 2nd best sg in the league who's at least top 20.

OmniStrife
07-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Team D.I.C.K.K

Dray
Iggy
Curry
Klay
KD

Goldrush25
07-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Yes.

2010-2014 Miami Heat - 3 superstar players in their primes colluding (Lebron, Wade, Bosh)

2014-2016 Cleveland Cavaliers - 3 superstar players in their primes (Lebron, Irving, Love)

Nice try. GSW has the last two league MVPs. I don't know if that's ever happened before.

HoopSuperstar
07-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Their third best scorer Klay Thompson scored 37 in a quarter. Thats a hell of an 3rd option. For how the league is today this team is stacked. The heat had a good team, but Wade started fading away or else this would've been Wades free agency year and not Durant. Durant is what 27 years old.

Poetry
07-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Nice try. GSW has the last two league MVPs. I don't know if that's ever happened before.

Dirk and Nash were on the same team just a few years before winning MVP. They also had Finley, Walker, Jamison, and Josh Howard at the same time.

sd3035
07-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Yes.

/thread

Poetry
07-04-2016, 06:54 PM
I don't know if that's ever happened before.

Moses and Dr. J.

VengefulAngel
07-04-2016, 06:56 PM
GSW 2015-2016 was 73-9 and now has a top 3 player of course it is.

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2016, 07:03 PM
The '80's Lakers were pretty fuccing stacked

Top 10 GOAT Magic
Top 10 GOAT Kareem
FMVP Worthy
DPOY Cooper
20 ppg Scott

They'd be the only team besides the '60's Celtics that truly compares

DMAVS41
07-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Dirk and Nash were on the same team just a few years before winning MVP. They also had Finley, Walker, Jamison, and Josh Howard at the same time.

:roll:

bdreason
07-04-2016, 07:06 PM
'60's Celtics

'72 Lakers

'82 76ers

'86 Celtics

'87 Lakers

'96 Bulls

'01 Lakers

'11 Heat

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
'60's Celtics

'72 Lakers

'82 76ers

'86 Celtics

'87 Lakers

'96 Bulls

'01 Lakers

'11 Heat

These were more stacked teams than the current Warriors? really? The 01' Lakers were more stacked? You actually believe that?

Poetry
07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
:roll:

What's funny? I'm not saying they were more stacked, I'm pointing out they had two pre-mvp players at the same time.

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2016, 07:09 PM
What's funny? I'm not saying they were more stacked, I'm pointing out they had two pre-mvp players at the same time.

Nash was never as good as Curry/Durant

AngelEyes
And I love the Bulls and I always will but the 96' Bulls weren't even the best Bulls team from that era, the 92' team will always be superior considering Jordan was at his zenith in 1992. And no way in hell was the 1996 Chicago Bulls more stacked than this Warriors team.

Stringer Bell
Back when they had less teams, stacked teams were the norm. Each time had like 3 HOFers, lol, the Celtics were on another level with their 11 in 13 years.

The Celtics also had 4 HOFers in/near their prime in the mid 80s, along with an aged HOF legend in Walton on the bench. I don't know exactly what their rankings were, I'm sure Parish wasn't considered a top 20 player and DJ may have not been, but Bird/McHale/Parish/DJ/Ainge is one hell of a starting lineup.

Bernkastel
07-04-2016, 07:11 PM
'17-'18 NBA championship favorite

32jazz
The '80's Lakers were pretty fuccing stacked

Top 10 GOAT Magic
Top 10 GOAT Kareem
FMVP Worthy
DPOY Cooper
20 ppg Scott

They'd be the only team besides the '60's Celtics that truly compares

Which Kareem? The 40-41 year old 4th option who was sharing minutes with Mychal Thompson in 87/88?

Or still early 80's end of Prime Kareem before the emergence of Scott & Worthy?

The OP means these players are at their absolute peaks with 28 year old Curry being the oldest of the 4.

Nothing like 41 year old limited minutes Kareem

DMAVS41

Well...Nash wasn't the caliber of player of Curry/Durant...

Dirk was pre peak as well

And Finley was broken down/old by the end...and Walker/Jamison don't compare to the likes of Green or Klay

Josh Howard was a rookie...not bad by any means...but he was a rookie

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Yes.

2014-2016 Cleveland Cavaliers - 3 superstar players in their primes (Lebron, Irving, Love)The 2017 Warrios have 3 superstars (Steph, KD, Klay) in their primes + a NBA FMVP (Andre Iguodala) + an allstar nut-kicker (Draymond Green).

No team has ever been as stacked as this one.

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Which Kareem? The 40-41 year old 4th option who was sharing minutes with Mychal Thompson in 87/88?

The OP means these players are at their absolute peaks with 28 year old Curry being the oldest of the 4.

Exactly these players were never all in their primes at the same time like the four best players on the Warriors currently are. This is unprecedented in modern NBA.

Stringer Bell
These were more stacked teams than the current Warriors? really? The 01' Lakers were more stacked? You actually believe that?

Yeah, I really don't think that 00-02 Laker team that 3 peated was that stacked in talent. They had Shaq and Kobe of course, but outside of that, it wasn't especially talented. The 01' team went into a zone in the postseason, but those teams rosters weren't that great top to bottom. It says a lot about the Shaqobe duo that they won 3 in a row.

It's not like the 83' Sixers, for instance, with reigning MVP Moses Malone, all-time great Erving, excellent players like Cheeks and Toney, Bobby Jones.....or the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s.

tpols
The heat were more stacked relevant to their conference.

bdreason

Two top 10 GOAT's + Glen Rice, Robert Horry, A.C. Green, Derrick Fisher, Rick Fox, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw. 67 Regular season wins. NBA Title.

NBAGOAT
07-04-2016, 07:15 PM

really? the Celtics were still there for a couple of years. Ik the narrative is Rose didn't have much help but Noah, Deng, Boozer is good. If you're talking about 13 and 14, I could see it but nr for 11 or 12.

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I really don't think that 00-02 Laker team that 3 peated was that stacked in talent. They had Shaq and Kobe of course, but outside of that, it wasn't especially talented. The 01' team went into a zone in the postseason, but those teams rosters weren't that great top to bottom. It says a lot about the Shaqobe duo that they won 3 in a row.

It's not like the 83' Sixers, for instance, with reigning MVP Moses Malone, all-time great Erving, excellent players like Cheeks and Toney, Bobby Jones.....or the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s.

What made the early 00's Lakers so great outside of the obvious (Shaq, Kobe, Phil) was that they put perfect role players on those teams like Horry, Fox, Fisher, etc. Those teams were never about being stacked. It was just two superstars, a great coach and a bunch of good role players.

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Two top 10 GOAT's + Glen Rice, Robert Horry, A.C. Green, Derrick Fisher, Rick Fox, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw. 67 Regular season wins. NBA Title.

Two super stars and role players. Rice wasn't even on the 01' team. He was on the 2000 team but by that time he clearly was just a role player, a very good role player but still a role player. All those other guys are clearly just role players as well. No one would ever use those players as an example of the Lakers being stacked. . . because they weren't.

Stringer Bell
07-04-2016, 07:18 PM
And I love the Bulls and I always will but the 96' Bulls weren't even the best Bulls team from that era, the 92' team will always be superior considering Jordan was at his zenith in 1992. And no way in hell was the 1996 Chicago Bulls more stacked than this Warriors team.

Interesting, I like to read old SI articles just for fun and to see what viewpoints were at certain times, and some people felt the same way.

http://www.si.com/vault/1996/01/29/209536/toy-story-the-bulls-are-making-childs-play-of-foes-as-they-shoot-for-a-record-70-wins

It seemed like the 1992 Bulls did get sort of complacent during the postseason, or were just inconsistent, but I definitely agree that 1992 Jordan was better than 1996 Jordan.

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2016, 07:19 PM

Well even the early '80's Lakers still had Cooper playing at a DPOY caliber level to go along with 20 ppg scorers in Wilkes/Nixon

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 07:19 PM

Just because you win a ton of games doesn't mean you're stacked. It just means you have a good winning formula and that team clearly did. Two great players, a an excellent coach and a bunch of guys who knew their roles.

GrapeApe
07-04-2016, 07:24 PM

How? The Heat had to face two championship contenders in eastern playoffs. The Bulls were the top seed and the Celtics were the defending conference champions. The only threat to the Warriors are the Spurs.

tpols
07-04-2016, 07:24 PM
really? the Celtics were still there for a couple of years. Ik the narrative is Rose didn't have much help but Noah, Deng, Boozer is good. If you're talking about 13 and 14, I could see it but nr for 11 or 12.

The C's big three all out of prime, and Bulls led by D-Rose werent contenders to me, but regular season champs who won a lot with their bench (where starters and 8 man rotations become more important in the playoffs). Miami won both those series in 5 games so it's not even like they put up some crazy fight either .. and I know the bulls series came down to closer margins but part of what made miami so good was their ability to defend.. and Chicago was seriously lacking offensive firepower to begin with.

Overall, I feel more confident that teams like the spurs or clippers if they could get their sh!t together are more dangerous to the warriors.. I mean would you take chicago or boston over san antonio? I sure wouldn't.

And I think most people on here would agree that peak Lebron and peak Wade are more potent playoff weapons than anybody on the warriors. If the two teams met, The Heat would have the two best players in the series. Is that enough to make up the disparity in the rest of their line ups? I dont believe so.. but when you factor competition into it I think it's a legit argument to say miami is greater than or equal to.

red1
07-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Agreed everyone. Team just went 73-9 and just won without him. Most stacked team of all-time.

Period.

http://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/illo-kevin-durant-warriors-ftr-111715_vvc3jvn6tmis1hbhoy14qrj1b.jpg

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2016, 07:27 PM
The C's big three all out of prime, and Bulls led by D-Rose werent contenders to me. Miami won both those series in 5 games so it's not even like they put up some crazy fight either .. and I know the bulls series came down to closer margins but part of what made miami so good was their ability to defend.. and Chicago was seriously lacking offensive firepower to begin with.

Overall, I feel more confident that teams like the spurs or clippers if they could get their sh!t together are more dangerous to the warriors.. I mean would you take chicago or boston over san antonio? I sure wouldn't.

And I think most people on here would agree that peak Lebron and peak Wade are more potent playoff weapons than anybody on the warriors. If the two teams met, The Heat would have the two best players in the series. Is that enough to make up the disparity in the rest of their line ups? I dont believe so.. but when you factor competition into it I think it's a legit argument to say miami is greater than or equal to.

Ok, but LeBron had peak Wade for 1 season, and he only declined every year they played together. And even just comparing 2011, LeBron/Wade & Curry/Durant is certainly comparable, the rest of the rosters are not. Not even close. Klay/Green/Iggy > Bosh & scrubs

FireDavidKahn
07-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Nope.

4 ALL NBA PLAYERS FROM THE SAME TEAM COLLUDED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN:facepalm

tpols
07-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Ok, but LeBron had peak Wade for 1 season, and he only declined every year they played together. And even just comparing 2011, LeBron/Wade & Curry/Durant is certainly comparable, the rest of the rosters are not. Not even close. Klay/Green/Iggy > Bosh & scrubs

but we didnt know that until things actually started to happen. Thats why this overeaction is dumb. Curry could get knocked out the playoffs again.. or we could see some decline or injury to other guys like what we saw w/ the Heat.. we dont know.

Again.. the Heat were self proclaiming 6 titles or so when they first joined up.. then reality hit, and you realize talent's nice but you still gotta do the job. And there's a ton of sh!t that will pop up to change things as time moves along.

NBAGOAT
07-04-2016, 07:40 PM
The C's big three all out of prime, and Bulls led by D-Rose werent contenders to me, but regular season champs who won a lot with their bench (where starters and 8 man rotations become more important in the playoffs). Miami won both those series in 5 games so it's not even like they put up some crazy fight either .. and I know the bulls series came down to closer margins but part of what made miami so good was their ability to defend.. and Chicago was seriously lacking offensive firepower to begin with.

well, the celtics did take the heat to 7 in 2012 too(bosh was injured however). I mean you could be right, it all depends on how this season plays out. The Spurs and Clippers could definitely play like 60 win teams this year and give the Warriors tough series. They could also get swept however. Spurs are going be pretty reliant on just kawhi/lma and now gasol since their old big 3 is really declining. Clips still have a bad bench and cp3 could decline.

tpols
07-04-2016, 07:48 PM
well, the celtics did take the heat to 7 in 2012 too(bosh was injured however). I mean you could be right, it all depends on how this season plays out. The Spurs and Clippers could definitely play like 60 win teams this year and give the Warriors tough series. They could also get swept however. Spurs are going be pretty reliant on just kawhi/lma and now gasol since their old big 3 is really declining. Clips still have a bad bench and cp3 could decline.

i'm curious to see how pau and aldridge do against a small frontcourt.. even tim duncan if he comes back. was reading the other day that tony parker thinks he has 4 or so years left lol.. we'll see. There's going to be a ton of pressure on the warriors to steamroll and I dont think it's gonna come that easy.

Bankaii
07-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Yes.

Wade was only a superstar in 2011 and Bosh has never been close to a superstar.
Kyrie and Love have never been superstars but Kyrie might break out next year.

Kobetards are ridiculous:facepalm

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 08:01 PM
but we didnt know that until things actually started to happen. Thats why this overeaction is dumb. Curry could get knocked out the playoffs again.. or we could see some decline or injury to other guys like what we saw w/ the Heat.. we dont know.

Again.. the Heat were self proclaiming 6 titles or so when they first joined up.. then reality hit, and you realize talent's nice but you still gotta do the job. And there's a ton of sh!t that will pop up to change things as time moves along.

Wade declining early was expected given his style of play. Plus, he had already dropped off somewhat significantly compared to his legendary 2009 season. Maybe his 09's season was too good to repeat but he clearly was not quite as great in 10'. An early decline was expected from Wade and it happened. He was still great but not as great as he once was and he became much more inconsistent.

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Wade was only a superstar in 2011 and Bosh has never been close to a superstar.
Kyrie and Love have never been superstars but Kyrie might break out next year.

Kobetards are ridiculous:facepalm

Love is definitely no superstar. He's a guy who puts up big numbers on awful teams. Put him on a team with winning aspirations and his role is considerably smaller.

JGXEN
07-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Of course not. This team is the best the league has ever seen

Bankaii
07-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Love is definitely no superstar. He's a guy who puts up big numbers on awful teams. Put him on a team with winning aspirations and his role is considerably smaller.
Exactly. This Finals exposed him big time. He's not ready for the big stage yet.

Dude has to step up next year if the Cavs want a chance.

artex
07-04-2016, 08:17 PM
For sure 4 all stars in the starting lineup . .

Down with Goliath !!!

Doctor K
07-04-2016, 08:20 PM
this is the best team in history

bond10
07-04-2016, 08:20 PM

Maybe it's the Lebron effect. Same thing happened with another PF (Bosh).

MP.Trey
07-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Definitely not. 86 Celts and 87 Lakers are close. Some of the early 60's Celts teams but they were bound to have more stacked teams as the talent pool was so much lower. But this team is insanely stacked.

MP.Trey
07-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Championships also happened to come their way.

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Yeah it's Lebrons fault the guy doesn't crash the boards as well as he used to and plays meekly. It's also Lebron's fault that Love jacks up stupid shots and doesn't hit a high percentage of them. Maybe just maybe it's the guy that people have built up to be a superstar's fault. If love was such a great player who would have adapted easier. Bosh adapted considerably easier than Love and he's a player whose flaws became exposed once he joined a so called super team.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Nope.

dreamwarrior
07-04-2016, 08:28 PM
They'll probably win 82 games blah blah blah and then lose game 7 of the finals. Remember they're the top 5 choke artists in the league. Kobe needs to come back and join the Cavs to decimate this team

Poetry
07-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Yeah it's Lebrons fault the guy doesn't crash the boards as well as he used to and plays meekly.

The Cavs have had too many capable rebounders, so some of their roles have been redundant.

Rocketswin2013
07-04-2016, 08:45 PM
'60's Celtics

'72 Lakers

'82 76ers

'86 Celtics

'87 Lakers

'96 Bulls

'01 Lakers

'11 Heat
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bankaii
07-04-2016, 08:54 PM
The Cavs have had too many capable rebounders, so some of their roles have been redundant.
He averaged 12 rebounds in the 1st round and 13 in the 2nd.
It wasn't until the competiton got decently competitive that he became soft.

He just isn't built to play against tough competition in big games.

ArbitraryWater
07-04-2016, 09:00 PM

but not relevant to the NBA/next best team... and even that is bull crap.

Heat went to b2b game 7 series' in the 12+13 ECF with Bron playing out of his mind... why are you still lying?

If Curry would actually play that well once, GSW wins 4-0 by an average of 15-20 pts a game

bluechox2
07-04-2016, 09:01 PM
hope lebron beats their ass again...alls forgiven bron...

tpols
07-04-2016, 09:03 PM
AW, a huge part of the Heat having to go back to back game 7's in 2012 and 2013 was due to the injuries and declining they saw from their stars that was un-forcastable right after the initial Decision was made.. I dont know how many times it needs to be reiterated .. but that could very well happen to the warriors as well. We dont know how things will shake out yet. As it stands their expectations were/are similar.

AintNoSunshine
07-04-2016, 09:03 PM
If there is ever a time to wish for injuries, this is it.

HoopSuperstar
07-04-2016, 09:09 PM
they're pretty stacked for this era.
Pachulia
D. Green
Durant
K. Thompson
S. Curry
Iguodala
Livingston
Barbosa
Speights
B. Rush

bdreason
07-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Just because you win a ton of games doesn't mean you're stacked.

Then why do people consider the Warriors stacked? They had one Superstar in Curry. Another All-Star in Klay. And some great defenders in DrayGod, Iggy, and Bogut. People started calling them 'stacked' because they won lots of games. Entering their championship season the Warriors were 20-1 long shots to win the title. Even after winning the title, people were calling it a fluke. Then they win 73 games, and all of a sudden they're the most stacked team of all-time. :oldlol:

HoopSuperstar
07-04-2016, 09:25 PM
When their own fans feel they're stacked is because they are.

Cold soul
07-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Nope this team is most stacked team in NBA history and with all best players on the team being in their prime years. This is scary team that will likely win few rings.

tmacattack33
07-04-2016, 09:31 PM
On paper: No.

In terms of chemistry and mental ability in the playoffs? We'll see.

Bankaii
07-04-2016, 09:33 PM
AW, a huge part of the Heat having to go back to back game 7's in 2012 and 2013 was due to the injuries and declining they saw from their stars that was un-forcastable right after the initial Decision was made.. I dont know how many times it needs to be reiterated .. but that could very well happen to the warriors as well. We dont know how things will shake out yet. As it stands their expectations were/are similar.
You'll say anything to fit that anti-Bron agenda huh?
Your posting has gone from trolling to just pathetic.:facepalm

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Then why do people consider the Warriors stacked? They had one Superstar in Curry. Another All-Star in Klay. And some great defenders in DrayGod, Iggy, and Bogut. People started calling them 'stacked' because they won lots of games. Entering their championship season the Warriors were 20-1 long shots to win the title. Even after winning the title, people were calling it a fluke. Then they win 73 games, and all of a sudden they're the most stacked team of all-time. :oldlol:

They consider the Warriors stacked because they are. Curry is back to back MVP. Klay is arguably the best player at his position in the league, Draymond Green is one of the most versatile players in the league and an ALL NBA level player, they have a deep bench with guys like Iguodala and Livingston who could start on several other teams and they just added an MVP caliber player who is also one of the three best players in the world.

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2016, 09:36 PM

You can't be this dense. The Warriors have

2x reining MVP & GOAT shooter in Curry
2014 MVP & top 3 player in Durant
All-NBA player & 2nd best shooter in the league in Thompson
All-NBA & DPOY runner up in Green
FMVP off the bench in Iggy

All from a team that won 73 games, made b2b Finals and just won the title last year. They're the first team in history to have 4 All-NBA players from the previous season on their roster, all in their prime, and you don't see this as a stacked team? :lol

pauk
07-04-2016, 09:39 PM
60s Celtics arguably...

Dray n Klay
07-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Wait tpols, are you arguing lebron EVER had a team close to the current Warriors?

Btw the 'relative to conference' argument is crap, the objective is to win the championship, you eventually have to beat the best team in the west.

Noone gives LeBron credit for making the finals in 2011 or 2014 cause of the strength of the East, he only got credit for winning championships.

Explain how the 2011-2014 Heat were even close to the current warriors :roll:

AcquiringSteak
07-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Hope Spurs fvck the GSW up. They would've made the finals if they didn't choke against OKC this year.

DMAVS41
07-04-2016, 09:53 PM

I think he was talking about 11.

Curry/Klay/Iggy/Durant/Green/Liv/Zaza

Even the 13 Heat in the midst of their streak doesn't come all that close to this team on paper.

Of course things can change like you say, but full health to both squads...even at the Heat's best? Warriors easily better / more stacked.

I do agree though that the Warriors will face better teams in the West likely. Doubt there will be sub a 50 win team waiting in the conference finals...ROFL

Goldrush25
07-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Explain how the 2011-2014 Heat were even close to the current warriors :roll:

They're not. This Warriors team, in the Western conference, just won 73 games.

Those Miami teams in the Eastern conference didn't come close to winning that many games.

bdonovan
07-04-2016, 10:03 PM
I dunno. The Warriors were almost eliminated by OKC - that was a very physical series where even with Bogut and Ezeli, they were mostly outmuscled. Now they'll have neither. They may also have to renounce on Speights and McAdoo (https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/how-golden-state-can-afford-kd-183109798.html). So now who's their rim protector? Who's the guy that can bang with the likes of Adams, LeBron and Tristan Thompson. Green was great all year but he proved undersized against those guys. GS is acting like none of this matters- who grabs rebounds, who intimidates the opposing players into changing their shots, who makes the opposing team 'feel' them on defense.

Personally I think Durant grew tired of Westbrook- that's why he left. Otherwise, OKC practically matched GSW in the post-season and they are just as young or younger. But for all Durant's strengths, he is soft. And the Warriors already have that problems - at least when stacked up against the other great teams in the league. Curry in particular- his game takes a step down in the postseason with all the physicality. Injury? Perhaps. But the year before, he wasn't injured and he withered against the likes of Delladedova. Durant has a bit of that too; he had some duds when getting bodied up against Iguodala and Green.

The culture of defensive intensity comes from the team's best players. They may not be the best defensive player on the team but the culture of how important it is comes from him. Curry has put on muscle, is a league leader in steals; he is not a lock-down defender, but it's clear he's prioritized it. Durant weakens that culture. On paper the Warriors are a better team with Durant - no doubt. Whether the team in actuality is better, I guess we'll have to see.

FLDFSU
07-04-2016, 10:10 PM
You'll say anything to fit that anti-Bron agenda huh?
Your posting has gone from trolling to just pathetic.:facepalm

Exactly. How much you wanna bet I can find posts where he contradicts himself and predict that both Boston and Chicago was better than Miami in 2011?

bdreason
07-04-2016, 10:16 PM
You can't be this dense. The Warriors have

2x reining MVP & GOAT shooter in Curry
2014 MVP & top 3 player in Durant
All-NBA player & 2nd best shooter in the league in Thompson
All-NBA & DPOY runner up in Green
FMVP off the bench in Iggy

All from a team that won 73 games, made b2b Finals and just won the title last year. They're the first team in history to have 4 All-NBA players from the previous season on their roster, all in their prime, and you don't see this as a stacked team? :lol

I'm not saying the current team isn't stacked with the addition of Durant. I was responding to the guy who said the '00 Lakers weren't stacked. He claimed that the Lakers, who had Shaq + Kobe + a compliment of great role players, who won 67 regular seasons games, and a Championship... weren't stacked. Yet the Warriors with Curry + Klay + a compliment of role players, were stacked? The same roster that was 20-1 long shots in their championship season? I guess Vegas didn't think they were all that stacked.

When a team plays well, role players look better than they are. Bogut and Livingston were injured cast-offs when we got them. Iggy was considered an underachiever. DrayGod was a 2nd round hustle player. Then the team plays well together, and people wanna pretend these guys are all-league talents on their own. We'll see how well Barnes plays when he's the #1 option in Dallas. We'll see how well Bogut does playing with poor perimeter defenders. Put DrayGod on a lousy team and he isn't even an All-Star. I'm not trying to hate on my teams players, but holy shit have they become overrated because of our team success.

tpols
07-04-2016, 10:19 PM
I think he was talking about 11.

Curry/Klay/Iggy/Durant/Green/Liv/Zaza

Even the 13 Heat in the midst of their streak doesn't come all that close to this team on paper.

Of course things can change like you say, but full health to both squads...even at the Heat's best? Warriors easily better / more stacked.

I do agree though that the Warriors will face better teams in the West likely. Doubt there will be sub a 50 win team waiting in the conference finals...ROFL

word man ..

as far as the bottom part, how much do you feel the West will be next year competition wise as compared to the 2011 east? and how much does that disparity make up the difference in depth?

Spurs m8
07-04-2016, 10:21 PM
I don't know about stacked, but a more beta team? Probably not

plowking
07-04-2016, 10:27 PM

Just because you type something, doesn't make it true. Nor does it mean you believe it yourself. Most stacked relative to their conference? :oldlol:
What the f*ck lol...

That is why they didn't even get the top seed in their first year together. So much for most stacked. :oldlol:
Enough of your dumb shit.

This is the greatest team ever. I'm going to enjoy watching this. Absolutely awesome. The two last MVPs on a team together... Has that ever happened before? Then their depth... Crazy.
lol... imagine if Barnes resigned for the minimum as well. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
07-04-2016, 10:27 PM
word man ..

as far as the bottom part, how much do you feel the West will be next year competition wise as compared to the 2011 east? and how much does that disparity make up the difference in depth?

2011 East? Well, that was the year there were some strong teams imo. The Bulls were quite good and so were the Celtics.

It was 12/13/14 I wasn't very impressed.

A healthy Spurs team will be better than any of those East teams during the Heat's run. After that...nothing of note in my opinion.

tpols
07-04-2016, 10:34 PM
2011 East? Well, that was the year there were some strong teams imo. The Bulls were quite good and so were the Celtics.

It was 12/13/14 I wasn't very impressed.

A healthy Spurs team will be better than any of those East teams during the Heat's run. After that...nothing of note in my opinion.

true.. so the warriors will still have a test in their own conference better than any miami had.. with more depth so it starts to swing the other way, but wade and bron are better in the playoffs more proven, etc than durant and curry are, right? so it's close to me. hence why i disagree with the hyperbole of the OP acting like its not close.

plowking
07-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Incredible how tpols is still salty that LeBron is way better than Kobe.

Dray n Klay
07-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Incredible how tpols is still salty that LeBron is way better than Kobe.

When you boil it down, thats exactly what the issue is :oldlol:

plowking
07-04-2016, 10:46 PM
When you boil it down, thats exactly what the issue is :oldlol:

Quite literally.

The man becomes an expert in speaking on "relative terms" when it comes to discussing the stacked-level of the Miami Heat, but is comfortable saying "2/6" for so long, yet not wanting any sort of context, or relative scope when discussing the competition Bron faced in the finals compared to his hero Kobe versing 40 something win Nets teams in the finals. :oldlol:

tpols
07-04-2016, 10:53 PM
plowking address the points or see yourself out, bro.

peak Wade and Bron more proven than Curry and Durant in the playoffs. Dray/Klay/Iggy > Bosh/Chalmers/filler
Least is < West (as is obvious)

so it comes out sort of similar in terms of stackedness relative to the competition.

Do you have an argument other than smilies? or are you running in here a chest puffed out bro a few protein shakes too deep? whats your argument bro?whats up bro?

plowking
07-04-2016, 10:59 PM
I'm just cracking up here. Legit.

Non tangible, semantics, vague buzz words... All your friends man. Keep it up. :oldlol:

Dray n Klay
07-04-2016, 10:59 PM
tpols, compare individually the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Heat to the current Warriors

FLDFSU
07-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Quite literally.

The man becomes an expert in speaking on "relative terms" when it comes to discussing the stacked-level of the Miami Heat, but is comfortable saying "2/6" for so long, yet not wanting any sort of context, or relative scope when discussing the competition Bron faced in the finals compared to his hero Kobe versing 40 something win Nets teams in the finals. :oldlol:

tpols told anybody that would listen that the 2014 Miami Heat were the "stackiest stacked stack team of all time---relative to competition." When confronted as to why just a year later the same Heat team missed the playoffs in the "weakest conference of all time", he changed and said the only reason why Miami was stacked was because Lebron was on the team (which makes ZERO sense...the point of a stacked team is that no one player being missing causes the bottom to fall out). He then changed the what "relative to competition" meant. "Competition" now only meant the Eastern conference and not any of the Western conference. But yet a similar 2015 Heat failed to even make the playoffs in said "worst conference of all time."

He literally wakes up every morning trying to figure out his next anti-Lebron BS.

plowking
07-04-2016, 11:20 PM
tpols told anybody that would listen that the 2014 Miami Heat were the "stackiest stacked stack team of all time---relative to competition." When confronted as to why just a year later the same Heat team missed the playoffs in the "weakest conference of all time", he changed and said the only reason why Miami was stacked was because Lebron was on the team (which makes ZERO sense...the point of a stacked team is that no one player being missing causes the bottom to fall out). He then changed the what "relative to competition" meant. "Competition" now only meant the Eastern conference and not any of the Western conference. But yet a similar 2015 Heat failed to even make the playoffs in said "worst conference of all time."

He literally wakes up every morning trying to figure out his next anti-Lebron BS.

I remember a few idiots on the board, including tpols got caught out with the, "they're obviously stacked when LeBron is there" line. :oldlol:

Seriously, any team that Bron joins is immediately stacked. The guy is a catalyst to making things work on a team. Like someone said, if he joined the Sixers, I honestly think they'd go to the finals. People would be calling guys like Noel and Okafor studs, which they are, but they'd obviously look a lot better with Bron there.

tpols
07-04-2016, 11:21 PM

you liar, the reason ive always maintained the 2015 heat didnt make the playoffs is because wade was in and out all year and bosh almost died halfway through and missed a huge chunk.. that along with some of their big signings happening mid year and starters constantly fluctuating, it was a shit show that had nothing to do with what Wade, Bosh and the rest of the team was during the initial 2010 join up. You still cant comprehend arguments me and dmavs tried to pound into your head as meticulously as possible.. like grade school level explanations.. yet you still dont get it. thats pretty bad mate.

plowking aint much better though.. this guy is the defintion of dumb aggressive douche lol

DMAVS41
07-04-2016, 11:23 PM
true.. so the warriors will still have a test in their own conference better than any miami had.. with more depth so it starts to swing the other way, but wade and bron are better in the playoffs more proven, etc than durant and curry are, right? so it's close to me. hence why i disagree with the hyperbole of the OP acting like its not close.

it depends on the health though. that argument you made cuts both ways.

You can't talk about the health like you did and then turn around and not factor it into the competition.

Bosh missed the Celtics series in 12...or like 4.5 games of it. And wasn't healthy in the finals although he did play well.

In 13...Wade/Bosh looked terrible throughout...pretty sure Wade was under 50% TS in the playoffs.

In 14 is more of the same.

So you can't ignore that because that makes the competition harder. It doesn't make the teams the Heat faced better than they actually were, but the Heat being nowhere near running on all cylinders for the playoffs pretty much most of 12 through 14...that has to be factored in.

Too early to tell with the Warriors...if they are completely healthy? Relative to competition they probably have a bigger edge than those Heat teams had when Bosh/Wade were hurt/sucking.

RRR3
07-04-2016, 11:25 PM
If Westbrook goes to Miami or Boston (hopefully Miami), the West will basically suck outside of the top 2 teams (Clippers are damn good but hard to figure). Even if WB stays, it'll be like that tbqh. Bestern conference doe. Warriors still have a tough road doe (obviously they'll still be challenged and it won't be half as easy as people think and they may not even win).

tpols
07-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Too early to tell with the Warriors...if they are completely healthy? Relative to competition they probably have a bigger edge than those Heat teams had when Bosh/Wade were hurt/sucking.

of course.. if curry and dray, klay, iggy etc are all healthy the warriors would have the edge. My argument has always been we dont know what will happen and.. lets be real, curry has as legit an injury history as wade did. We dont know what type of freak stuff could happen to dray or klay either which would devastate the team and even the odds back out of their favor.

So my positions is lets not overreact til we see what happens on the court. The Big 3 Heat proclaimed themsevles a dynasty from day one yet stuff happened. Lets let stuff happen with the warriors and make our judgements after the dust has settled as well.

DMAVS41
07-04-2016, 11:37 PM
of course.. if curry and dray, klay, iggy etc are all healthy the warriors would have the edge. My argument has always been we dont know what will happen and.. lets be real, curry has as legit an injury history as wade did. We dont know what type of freak stuff could happen to dray or klay either which would devastate the team and even the odds back out of their favor.

So my positions is lets not overreact til we see what happens on the court. The Big 3 Heat proclaimed themsevles a dynasty from day one yet stuff happened. Lets let stuff happen with the warriors and make our judgements after the dust has settled as well.

cool. agreed.

my point was just that if healthy..this team of curry/klay/iggy/durant/green/liv/zaza...that is a team that even the best of the Heat didn't touch imo.

I truly believe that this Warriors team with decent health is going to win like 4 or 5 titles in the next 7 years.

kamil
07-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Hopefully Iggy's back is still ****ed and Curry's mind never recovers from that finals series

Shook.

ArbitraryWater
07-05-2016, 12:46 PM

Thats 2000, when Shaq literally had to have the greatest season in NBA history for them to win.... nice exposing that lackluster knowledge in the early 00's :lol

Dude had a 38 ppg finals and they barely won in 6.

edit: You mention Kobe in your next post like Kobe was a superstar in 2000.... he was a solid all-star, nothing more.

Quickening
07-05-2016, 12:59 PM
People still acting like the west is stacked? Who is going to trouble the warriors, they just took the best player in that division from the second best team in the last playoffs.

Spurs aren't a threat to Warriors, who does that leave, the clippers? :lol :roll:

They're the most stacked team ever and anyone comparing Miami to this team is ridiculous... Curry or Durant could be injured and miss the playoffs and GSW would still be favourites, thats how stacked they are.

KG215
07-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Their third best scorer Klay Thompson scored 37 in a quarter. Thats a hell of an 3rd option. For how the league is today this team is stacked.
Klay dropped 41 and made 11 threes in a do-or-die game five with the Warriors season on the line, too.

ArbitraryWater
07-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Klay dropped 41 and made 11 threes in a do-or-die game five with the Warriors season on the line, too.

*game six

KG215
07-05-2016, 01:52 PM
*game six
Yep, my bad. Not a typo, just an oversight.