PDA

View Full Version : To be honest, this Durant to Warriors move doesn't scare me

Hoopz2332
07-04-2016, 08:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IpAP15m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HiQ3G4U.jpg

ScalsFan21
07-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Here's the thing. As a LeBron nut-rider, it doesn't scare me that much because all it does is present yet ANOTHER historic opportunity for LeBron to do something in the Finals that has pretty much never been done before. And then so that's always cool.

But... imagine being one of the other teams in the league right now besides like Cleveland, SA or like... yeah that's pretty much it. It's like... good luck. This moves strips away another piece of the already rapidly-dwindling parity in the league if we're talking about title contenders. Turns a top 4 team in the league and one of very few threats to Golden State into absolute dust, and in fact that's arguably a bigger benefit to the Dubs than the actual addition of Durant.

That's when you know you're dealing with an insane lack of parity, when gutting an opponent is more important than adding to what you have. Clippers, Blazers, Raptors, and anyone else that has hopes to contend in the near future (delusional as that may be) just had their hearts ripped out and STOMPED on, is what happened here.

The LeBron fan in me is salivating at this opportunity. The Nets fan in me is like... seriously? :lol Klay Thompson would get 32 FGA a night on BK and he's a clear 3rd scoring option and 4th best player on this Dream Team.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Here's the thing. As a LeBron nut-rider, it doesn't scare me that much because all it does is present yet ANOTHER historic opportunity for LeBron to do something in the Finals that has pretty much never been done before. And then so that's always cool.

But... imagine being one of the other teams in the league right now besides like Cleveland, SA or like... yeah that's pretty much it. It's like... good luck. This moves strips away another piece of the already rapidly-dwindling parity in the league. Turns a top 4 team in the league and one of very few threats to Golden State into absolute dust, and in fact that's arguably a bigger benefit to the Dubs than the actual addition of Durant.

That's when you know you're dealing with an insane lack of parity, when gutting an opponent is more important than adding to what you have. Clippers, Blazers, Raptors, and anyone else that has hopes to contend in the near future (delusional as that may be) just had their hearts ripped out and STOMPED on, is what happened here.

The LeBron fan in me is salivating at this opportunity. The Nets fan in me is like... seriously? :lol Klay Thompson would get 32 FGA a night on BK and he's a clear 3rd scoring option and 4th best player on this Dream Team.

Yup.

LeBron fans ain't got no worries.

Rest of the contending teams' fans are pretty much ****ed.

Boogaboog
07-04-2016, 08:30 PM

But... imagine being one of the other teams in the league right now besides like Cleveland, SA or like... yeah that's pretty much it. It's like... good luck. This moves strips away another piece of the already rapidly-dwindling parity in the league if we're talking about title contenders. Turns a top 4 team in the league and one of very few threats to Golden State into absolute dust, and in fact that's arguably a bigger benefit to the Dubs than the actual addition of Durant.

Basically.

SilkkTheShocker
07-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Agreed, OP. LeBron and Irving going to live in the paint. And Igoudala is another year older with a s.hitty back. The hype train is strong right now. But KD is just a such a colossal p.ussy they I don't think I could ever convince myself of him winning a title.

bond10
07-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Seriously, what the hell is the point of watching anymore. Lebron with another easy road to the finals and now GSW again. Ugh, just start the 2017 finals in October :yaohappy:

LakersForlife
07-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Seriously, what the hell is the point of watching anymore. Lebron with another easy road to the finals and now GSW again. Ugh, just start the 2017 finals in October :yaohappy:
:dancin