PDA

View Full Version : Could Adam Silver Block The Kevin Durant Move To GS

kayla91
07-04-2016, 10:00 PM
It has been done before, as when Chris Paul tried to move with the Lakes and was blocked by the NBA?

I'm a K.D. fan 4 life -- but in the spirit of competitiveness for the league, many questions and some legit are beginning to arise if the GS/OKC Finals game was threw now that K.D. has signed with GS.

There is a narrow bit of context to these questions.

IF the move is block by Stern, would K.D. go back to OKC? If so would he be welcomed OR be forced to join team like the Lakers or Clippers (and with K.D., the Clippers would finally have a legit chance to make it to the NBA finals)?

Thoughts....
CORRECTION: Could ALAN SILVER Block The Kevin Durant Move to GS***

RoundMoundOfReb
07-04-2016, 10:01 PM
League owned the Hornets.

beastee
07-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Holy shit. Trade vs. Free agency. How many retards live on this site. :facepalm

Draz
No

tmacattack33
Newflash: We got a new commissioner now

Edit: Just playing...its cool...not everyone pays attention to the names of the people in the front office....anyway, see my post a few posts done for a serious answer.

D-Wait
07-04-2016, 10:03 PM
When do people get it about the blocked CP3 trade? :rolleyes:

kayla91
07-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Holy shit. Trade vs. Free agency. How many retards live on this site. :facepalm

Is the NBA a Competitive Sport Or Not?

Stacking a team is allowed in "Free Agency" even if the NBA loses a majority of its fan base over straight up questions on if the GS/OKC game was threw, for KD to sign with the team it would be assumed he threw it for?

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 10:06 PM
So you're asking if the former commissioner who has been out of office for 2 1/2 years could block this trade? No, I don't think he's allowed to do that.

kayla91
07-04-2016, 10:07 PM
So you're asking if the former commissioner who has been out of office for 2 1/2 years could block this trade? No, I don't think he's allowed to do that.

Fair Point. Adam Silver -- Correction.

Collie
07-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Absolutely impossible. The only reason CP3 was blocked was because the league owned the Hornets at that time. There isn't a valid reason to block this, and Lacob would file a billion $ suit against the NBA if they did.

tmacattack33
07-04-2016, 10:15 PM
No, nothing can be done now.

What can happen is Adam Silver doing something to prevent this from happening again in another few years with another super-star.

For example, they can take away the max contract rule.

If Boston was offering Durant 45 million per year, and the Warriors only had 25 million left to spend, he woulda chosen Boston.

PejaNowitzki
07-04-2016, 10:16 PM
The league owned the Hornets at the time, only reason the Paul trade was blocked. Can we just make a sticky for all the mouth breathers on this site?

AngelEyes
07-04-2016, 10:17 PM
It has been done before, as when Chris Paul tried to move with the Lakes and was blocked by the NBA?

I'm a K.D. fan 4 life -- but in the spirit of competitiveness for the league, many questions and some legit are beginning to arise if the GS/OKC Finals game was threw now that K.D. has signed with GS.

There is a narrow bit of context to these questions.

IF the move is block by Stern, would K.D. go back to OKC? If so would he be welcomed OR be forced to join team like the Lakers or Clippers (and with K.D., the Clippers would finally have a legit chance to make it to the NBA finals)?

Thoughts....

I don't think Alan Silver can block this trade, no. But perhaps Adam Silver could block the trade.

Hittin_Shots
07-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Everyone is now a little stupider for reading OP..

artificial
07-04-2016, 10:20 PM
Who the **** is Alan Silver :roll:

[COLOR="White"]Yes, I'm being a d