PDA

View Full Version : Wade Cancelled Mettings with Other teams

Kingwillball
07-05-2016, 12:01 PM
It is between Clev or Signing back with Heat but Speculation is he may be going to Cavs in some way... we shall see should find out something either way hopefully today.

Kiddlovesnets
07-05-2016, 12:04 PM
I know Lebron needs more help, but does he really need Wade's help?
:rolleyes:

Meticode
07-05-2016, 12:06 PM
A lot of Cavs fans feel Wade is using Cleveland as leverage to get a bigger deal from Miami becuase people feel there is no way Riley let's Wade walk away. Wade's camp see's all the money Cleveland and Gilbert spent on their team, and it paid off. Others think Wade might be pissed by the initial first low-ball offer and said, "F*ck it, if they're going to play games with me 2 years in a row I'm not doing it anymore."

It's very interesting to see the Durant decision ripple through the league because I think if Durant went anywhere else we wouldn't be discussing Wade to Cleveland today.

moongaze
07-05-2016, 12:07 PM
If it involves giving up Frye or jr I wouldn't do it. It would be an absolute disaster if they give up either one, especially jr

Meticode
07-05-2016, 12:15 PM
If it involves giving up Frye or jr I wouldn't do it. It would be an absolute disaster if they give up either one, especially jr
A big argument to that is that you need players willing to attack the rim against Golden State. You're not going to beat Golden State at their own game in shooting threes and the Cavaliers didn't. They used mis-matches and attacked the paint with Irving and LeBron. A lot of people feel that while Wade isn't that good a three point shooter he is a better defender than Smith and a much better slasher/finisher around the rim which is what you want against Golden State especially if they have no real shot-blocker.

Kiddlovesnets
07-05-2016, 12:16 PM
A big argument to that is that you need players willing to attack the rim against Golden State. You're not going to beat Golden State at their own game and the Cavaliers didn't. They used mis-matches and attacked the paint with Irving and LeBron. A lot of people feel that while Wade isn't that good a three point shooter he is a better defender than Smith and a much better slasher/finisher around the rim which is what you want against Golden State especially if they have no real shot-blocker.

But the Warriors are not the only opponents the Cavs need to worry about. The Spurs have a 50/50 chance to beat the Warriors, and Wade has proven to be useless against them. The Warriors and Spurs both paid a price for considering only one opponent(each other) in the playoffs, which was why they both struggled against OKC Thunder. Its the same reason why you dont want to give up on Love even though he matches up poorly against GSW, since hes super effective against Eastern Conference teams.

Meticode
07-05-2016, 12:16 PM
My expectation is that this is smoke and Wade will resign with Miami.

moongaze
07-05-2016, 12:29 PM
A big argument to that is that you need players willing to attack the rim against Golden State. You're not going to beat Golden State at their own game in shooting threes and the Cavaliers didn't. They used mis-matches and attacked the paint with Irving and LeBron. A lot of people feel that while Wade isn't that good a three point shooter he is a better defender than Smith and a much better slasher/finisher around the rim which is what you want against Golden State especially if they have no real shot-blocker.

I think you need a mixture of both. There were several games that the cavs shot a good percentage from three against golden state and won easily. It's not wise to give up most of your shooting and flexibility and just become a one dimensional, predictable team. That 8 point lead golden state had early in the third was quickly reduced by two jr Smith 3s. With wade out there, would that have happened? Jr has also locked klay Thompson down two years in a row now. I don't see old man wade running around screens all game sticking with klay. Heat have been better defensively with wade off the floor for years now

Rondo
07-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Not a good move for the Cavs. The lack of spacing he provides would be a killer.

Would be pretty shitty if he leaves Miami too after all these years.

TheImmortal
07-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Wade will re-sign with Miami.. he's just trying to get leverage to get that max contract. Ain't fooling noone.

Kiddlovesnets
07-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Wade will re-sign with Miami.. he's just trying to get leverage to get that max contract. Ain't fooling noone.

But Riley isnt stupid either, he can easily tell Wade was trying to get some leverage so he wont be fooled.

alanLA92
07-05-2016, 12:56 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Just like if Dirk left the Mavs, Duncan left the Spurs, Kobe left the lakers.....

Kingwillball
07-05-2016, 01:00 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Just like if Dirk left the Mavs, Duncan left the Spurs, Kobe left the lakers.....

Lebron left the Cavs... Oh wait :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 20m20 minutes ago
The expectation here: Josh McRoberts traded for space, Dwyane Wade two year, $53M total with player option in second year.

Im Still Ballin
07-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 20m20 minutes ago
The expectation here: Josh McRoberts traded for space, Dwyane Wade two year, $53M total with player option in second year.
Dwayne's bluff worked it appears

moongaze
07-05-2016, 01:12 PM
^
I really couldn't see wade leaving Miami. I think he has too much of an ego to go to another team . We've seen him in the past after big games celebrating on the court and yelling out "this is my city". I think he relishes being a franchise player and the star of a team/community.