PDA

View Full Version : Worst signings of Free Agency so far

Purch
07-05-2016, 07:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVsIN799USM

This is a video on a channel I discovered a couple months ago, called "Talking ball" which features two nba fans just talking about nba topics. I've enjoyed their content so far...

Anyway do you agree with their assesments?

Personally my top 3 worst signings are Rondo, Barnes, and Hill..

Regardless check it out and leave a comment or subscribe if you like it.

SilkkTheShocker
07-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Evan Turner by far.

ScalsFan21
07-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Mozgov is the obvious pick but you could definitely make a case for Rondo or Hill being worse.

Mahinmi is a move I wouldn't have made either.

Purch
07-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Evan Turner by far.

I'm pretty neutral on the deal.. Doesn't seem like it'll move the needle for Portland much in either direction.

I actually thought Turner did better than I expected in Boston

CelticBaller
07-05-2016, 08:23 PM
lol Deng

irondarts
07-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Solomon Hill got 54 Million Dollars.

Solomon Hill.

A bunch of other deals are silly, but I can kind of get them based on the cap and market. But I literally have no idea and cannot wrap my head around someone giving Solomon Hill 54 million dollars.

alanLA92
07-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Solomon Hill got 54 Million Dollars.

Solomon Hill.

This. Who in the f*** is this guy. :oldlol:

Purch
07-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Mozgov is the obvious pick but you could definitely make a case for Rondo or Hill being worse.

Barnes is probally a biased choice on my part... cause I've honestly never thought he was a good player... and you just knew he was gonna get paid.

The reason I picked Rondo over Mozgov though was simply because I don't understand the Bulls direction at all. What are they trying to do? Rebuild? Build around Butler? I don't see how Rondo helps them with any of that lol.

To4
07-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Lol...

It's Conley and Derozan

PejaNowitzki
07-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Mozgov. Not sure how much glue the Lakers were sniffing to give that guy that big of a deal. Pachulia is a better center and ended up getting $2.9 mil to play for the Warriors. Just a total :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: of a signing.

Purch
07-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Mozgov. Not sure how much glue the Lakers were sniffing to give that guy that big of a deal. Pachulia is a better center and ended up getting $2.9 mil to play for the Warriors. Just a total :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: of a signing.

It's the Roy Hibbert effect lol.

SCdac
07-05-2016, 09:03 PM
I gotta go with Conley, dude doesn't deserve what he's making... How scrub Mahinmi got that contract is a wonder too

Bosnian Sajo
07-05-2016, 09:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVsIN799USM

This is a video on a channel I discovered a couple months ago, called "Talking ball" which features two nba fans just talking about nba topics. I've enjoyed their content so far...

Anyway do you agree with their assesments?

Personally my top 3 worst signings are Rondo, Barnes, and Hill..

Regardless check it out and leave a comment or subscribe if you like it.

Lmao, you just "discovered" this channel a couple months ago that has only like 60 views per video? And you want us to leave a comment or subscribe? :oldlol:

Why lie, just say it's your video. No harm in trying to get some exposure.

DirkNowitzki41
07-05-2016, 09:19 PM
parsons, conley, deng, solomon hill, mozgov

DirkNowitzki41
07-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Lmao, you just "discovered" this channel a couple months ago that has only like 60 views per video? And you want us to leave a comment or subscribe? :oldlol:

no kiddin :oldlol:

Purch
07-05-2016, 09:24 PM

Lol bro, you're off base here. If you've been here the past 8 years, you know that I have two youtube accounts with much more views than this channel.

Here's a link to my Kidd/Nash playoff game collection that I posted here 5 years ago. My final youtube project.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238220

Here's the link to my KG playoff game project

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322407

I retired from youtube a while ago. I just like to give channels with good content a shout out when I can.

I would never take credit for someone elses work, that's a scumbag thing to do.

Purch
07-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Also here's a link to my channel if any of you guys were interested in those Nash/Kidd/Garnett/Duncan playoff highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SwagSoSickRick/videos

I used to bump the old threads every once in a while, so the new posters could see them. But I started working full time and haven't really spent as much time watching the nba anymore.

poido123
07-05-2016, 10:05 PM

:oldlol:

Are you kidding?

14 mill for 2 years is a great deal and much needed to replace Rose with a partially guaranteed second year.

Purch
07-05-2016, 10:51 PM
:oldlol:

Are you kidding?

14 mill for 2 years is a great deal and much needed to replace Rose with a partially guaranteed second year.

I think the issue has more to do with a general uncertainty of what directions the bulls are trying to head in. Cause for most options this signing doesn't make much sense

tamaraw08
07-06-2016, 01:20 AM
Parsons and Conley is undoubtedly the riskiest signings because of their history of injuries coupled with the crazy money they are getting

tamaraw08
07-06-2016, 01:29 AM
I think the issue has more to do with a general uncertainty of what directions the bulls are trying to head in. Cause for most options this signing doesn't make much sense

Rondo averaged 11 assists in Sac and also his last year in Boston. If he can atleast duplicate that, setting up Butler, Mirotic, McDermott and Valentine with better shots, then I think it's a good move. 2 years for a 30 yr old is not that risky IMO. For years, they had an attack first PG, this time, they get a more pass oriented court general. Let's see if Hoiberg can finally prove his worth.

Purch
07-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Rondo averaged 11 assists in Sac and also his last year in Boston. If he can atleast duplicate that, setting up Butler, Mirotic, McDermott and Valentine with better shots, then I think it's a good move. 2 years for a 30 yr old is not that risky IMO. For years, they had an attack first PG, this time, they get a more pass oriented court general. Let's see if Hoiberg can finally prove his worth.

I get what you're saying. When I first heard about Noah, Rose and Gasol it seemed like the Bulls were going into a full rebuild. But from what you're saying it seems like they'll be trying to compete for a playoff spot

Purch
07-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Parsons and Conley is undoubtedly the riskiest signings because of their history of injuries coupled with the crazy money they are getting

Between Conley, Gasol and Parsons you gotta wonder if there's any chance they stay healthybduring the post season

tamaraw08
07-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Between Conley, Gasol and Parsons you gotta wonder if there's any chance they stay healthybduring the post season

All that money invested and you entrust an unknown coach to put everything together, the offensive systems, defensive schemes and managing egos etc etc.:eek:
It's like handing the keys of your prized racing car to a practice driver.

tamaraw08
07-06-2016, 12:56 PM
I get what you're saying. When I first heard about Noah, Rose and Gasol it seemed like the Bulls were going into a full rebuild. But from what you're saying it seems like they'll be trying to compete for a playoff spot

Or Rondo can inflate their assets, Butler, McBuckets and Mirotic so they can ask more from interested teams.

Purch
07-06-2016, 01:05 PM
All that money invested and you entrust an unknown coach to put everything together, the offensive systems, defensive schemes and managing egos etc etc.:eek:
It's like handing the keys of your prized racing car to a practice driver.

Wow that's Deja VU. I used to say something identical about the Jason Kidd Brooklyn nets signing... When they decided it was good to hire a rookie head coach to coach a team full of veterans with a very small window :lol

History repeats itself

Bimbo Coles
07-07-2016, 07:17 AM
Turner
Hill
Mahinmi

First two are retarded. The third is made retarded by Nene's contract with the Rockets.

Purch
07-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Turner
Hill
Mahinmi

First two are retarded. The third is made retarded by Nene's contract with the Rockets.
There's really two groups that bad signings fall into

1. The fit doesn't make sense

2. The money is outrageous

Human Error
07-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Evan Turner
Solomon Hill
Tyler Johnson
Luol Deng
Timofey Mozgov
Mike Conley
Dwyane Wade

GOBB
07-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Evan Turner only got $10mil more than Demarre Carroll did last summer when the salary cap was much lower. :confusedshrug:

Mike Conley wins this easily.

Purch
07-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Evan Turner
Solomon Hill
Tyler Johnson
Luol Deng
Timofey Mozgov
Mike Conley
Dwyane Wade

What's your reason for putting D-Wade? Spacing?

I somewhat agree with the idea that signing Rondo + Wade makes the fit really questionable spacing wise.