PDA

View Full Version : Royce Young: The Changes that Led to Kevin Durant's OKC Departure

Thunderfan86
07-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Another good read about Kevin Durant stabbing us in the back, I mean, his departure :hammerhead:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16791990/nba-changes-led-kevin-durant-departure-oklahoma-city-thunder

CelticBaller
07-05-2016, 08:26 PM
lol OKC fans sure are entitled, considering if Durant really belonged to any city, it would be Seattle

You were gift wrapped greatness and expect it to stay? In Oklahoma?

Thunderfan86
07-05-2016, 08:48 PM
lol OKC fans sure are entitled, considering if Durant really belonged to any city, it would be Seattle

Calm down bro.....No need to throw shade at my city

DirkNowitzki41
07-05-2016, 09:17 PM
great article. durant is made with 100% bitch

Bless Mathews
07-05-2016, 09:19 PM

Preach ball sacc , preach.

My niggah !

Stringer Bell
07-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Interesting read. The end of the article seems right, Durant changed. Or was just talking nonsense to begin with.

Royce Young's "articles" leading up to this were funny though, because they were so desperate. They were like PR letters basically saying "KD, if you're reading this, please stay!!" and also some kind of hopeful wishing on his part that he was writing as an article.

He tried to claim trading Harden in 2012 was a long-term plan of keeping Durant and that since trading Harden, no one besides the Heat won more postseason series than the Thunder, who won a grand total of 5. The Warriors or Cavs ring a bell? Spurs?

One of the things he had been saying as a reason why KD would stay was "Durant takes pride and being an independent thinker & makes his own decisions". A couple days later, it's "Durant is impressionable".

Of course there's always been poor sportswriters but "journalists" like Skip, Scoop, SAS, and articles like these I just :facepalm

http://espn.go.com/blog/okc-thunder/post/_/id/1791/the-thunders-blueprint-to-re-sign-kevin-durant

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/best-option-kevin-durant-stay-thunder/story?id=40221770

PP34Deuce
07-06-2016, 06:06 PM
OKC has some great fans. They are like Oracle before Oracle got huge.

I feel for the fans because every player that's left is a really good player.

Reggie Jackson while inefficient, has shown to be a very good NBA player defensively and the ability to give a team 18 5 and 8.

Serge Ibaka lost his way but was a double double with 2-3 blocks a game

James Harden is a star that gives you 28-6-6

Durant nuff said..

They've had all this talent and only one finals to show for.

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2016, 06:08 PM
OKC has some great fans. They are like Oracle before Oracle got huge.

I feel for the fans because every player that's left is a really good player.

Reggie Jackson while inefficient, has shown to be a very good NBA player defensively and the ability to give a team 18 5 and 8.

Serge Ibaka lost his way but was a double double with 2-3 blocks a game

James Harden is a star that gives you 28-6-6

Durant nuff said..

They've had all this talent and only one finals to show for.
You never know how good of a fanbase you really have until you start to suck...trying times for a franchise weeds out all the bandwagoners.

Winning teams will always draw crowds.

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2016, 06:15 PM
I.... I loved him :cry:

Lebronxrings
07-06-2016, 06:29 PM
bich move was joining the warriors, not leaving the thunder.

Hotlantadude81
07-06-2016, 09:03 PM

It's not ghetto enough for you I don't guess.