PDA

View Full Version : Official MVP Voting Results: Dirk wins, Nash 2nd, Kobe 3rd, Duncan 4th, LeBron 5th

insidehoops
05-15-2007, 12:13 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/nowitzki-mvp-051507.shtml

Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks was named the winner of the Maurice Podoloff Trophy as the NBA’s Most Valuable Player for the 2006-07 season, the NBA announced today.

Full voting results for the award are below.

The nine-year NBA veteran totaled 1,138 points, including 83 first place votes, from a panel of 129 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada. Players were awarded 10 points for each first-place vote, seven points for each second-place vote, five for third, three for fourth and one for each fifth-place vote received.

Rounding out the top five in voting for MVP were Phoenix’s Steve Nash (1,013 points/44 first-place votes), the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant (521 points/two first-place votes), San Antonio’s Tim Duncan (286 points) and Cleveland’s LeBron James (183 points).

BigTicket
05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Seems fair, same top 5 I would have picked if I had a vote.

Well might have Duncan over Kobe, but could go either way.

Timmy D for MVP
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow, I really thought Duncan was going to finish 3rd in the voting.

vert48
05-15-2007, 12:23 PM
And that should have also been 1st Team All NBA.

jason.detrick
05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok thats fine I agree except I would switch Nash and Dirk around and give it to nash but thats ok Dirk (even though I really don't like him) Deserves it if you don't give it to nash.

dejordan
05-15-2007, 12:37 PM
i'm surprised kobe, tim, and bron were so far behind dirk and steve. anybody think someone else should have made the top five instead of those guys? tmac maybe? just wondering.

geeWiz15
05-15-2007, 12:40 PM
disgraceful.

nothing short of disgraceful.

Dirk. :rolleyes:

it gets funnier and funnier by the day, too, as we watch GS get their asses handed to them by the 5th seeded Jazz and Nash play like more of a warrior each night. honestly, next game I expect him to get his right hand chopped off 5 minutes before tip off and end up with 22/13 and the win.

Silverbullit
05-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Congrats, Dirk. You're the man!

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Where is Amare Stoudemire? That is why Tim Duncan should be listed as a Center instead of a PF so that Lebron will be an NBA first team.

Anyway, Congratulations Dirk but the Cavaliers might have a huge chance playing in the NBA Finals while you are at home watching in your Tivo.

Valliant13
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Dirk did deserve it...but it's hillarious how all the articles discussing it are 50% dedicated his first round flameout and what a disgrace it is for MVP to be that big of a choker. About as Pyrrhic a victory as winning that sort of award could be.

I might have had T-Mac in the fifth place but that list is hard to argue with.

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Dirk did deserve it...but it's hillarious how all the articles discussing it are 50% dedicated his first round flameout and what a disgrace it is for MVP to be that big of a choker. About as Pyrrhic a victory as winning that sort of award could be.

I might have had T-Mac in the fifth place but that list is hard to argue with.

Tracy Mcgrady is a big time choker than Dirk Nowitski the guy never make it in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.

You cannot get Lebron out of that lists because among those top 5 he has the chance to make it in the NBA Finals and mybe the Cavaliers will the help of God and some suprising luck might win the NBA Championship and Bron as Finals MVP.

Then nexts year Lebron will not play for the USA TEAM so that he can concentrate his time in winning his 1st of many Maurice Podoloff Trophy.

Valliant13
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
"Tracy Mcgrady is a big time choker than Dirk Nowitski the guy never make it in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.

You cannot get Lebron out of that lists because among those top 5 he has the chance to make it in the NBA Finals"

Regular season award.
How they do in the playoffs has nothing to do with who deserved to win.

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 12:58 PM
"Tracy Mcgrady is a big time choker than Dirk Nowitski the guy never make it in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.

You cannot get Lebron out of that lists because among those top 5 he has the chance to make it in the NBA Finals"

Regular season award.
How they do in the playoffs has nothing to do with who deserved to win.

Lebron James 27/7/6, Another 50 wins in the regular season with an average coach and a mediocre supporting casts.

Brunch@Five
05-15-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm really surprised Bron got neither a 1st nor a 2nd place vote.

MVP is deserved for Dirk

kwajo
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Voting results seem pretty good, though I don't understand why Duncan is so far behind Kobe, or that he got no 1st place votes (I would have expected at leasta couple).

geeWiz15
05-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Dirk did deserve it...
Tim Duncan deserved it, just like he's deserved it every year since... around 03? he's deserved it every year because he's the most valuable player in the NBA. if you switch Duncan and Nash... Suns improve. switch Duncan and Kobe... Lakers improve. Duncan and Dirk? no brainer.

it's not an issue of deserving it. it's an issue of earning it, and no they aren't the same thing. and Dirk didn't earn it either.

yes the award is called "Regular Season Most Valuable Player." but explain to me how you can claim rigid boundaries for the first two words and not rigid boundaries for the rest? you can't argue with my assertion that the award is not always given to the most valuable player in the NBA; it's obviously not, that's why Duncan's only got 2 and Shaq 1. so why can't we stretch the boundaries on the other side of the award a little bit in extreme circumstances? and yes, Dirk putting on the most disgraceful, embarassing display in the history of American sports is an extreme circumstance. the award has to be given to someone else. it has to. if we can steal Duncans award every damn season and give it to someone else for the sake of variety and profits (the Suns/Mavs showdown was the highest rated regular season game in years, and why? because the individual showdown of "the only" MVP candidates was marketed to death and everyone bought in), then we can allow Dirk to gleefully give it away like he did the series against Golden State.

kwajo
05-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh, and congrats to Bosh for finishing 7th in MVP voting! What a season, what a future.

GOBB
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
MVP = regular season award given out based on performance. Production + Team success is often the criteria used. Also "Best player on the BEST team" applies as well. The playoffs have no and I repeat no affect nor barring on who wins MVP or should have won MVP. Thats a fact. Stick with facts and not opinions, uneducated ones at that. The MVP voting is decided before one playoff game is played. After additional season ending awards are given out the MVP is always given out in May either the first or 2nd week in May. History proves/supports this.

So anyone who has trouble following the above is in denial and wants to run/operate and create the rules to thier liking. Thats why your arguments wony be taken seriously. So you either get in tune with what is the common theme here or continue pumping out meaningless jargon swearing by the lord above you speak facts. You speak nonsense. Now you wanna argue one strong candidate vs another? Fine, but the minute you use the playoffs as support you lose. Period.

DCL
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
i have no respect for the nba mvp award anymore.

it's supposed to be prestigious and elite.

i just can't put dirk in the same category as the jordans, hakeems, magics, or birds, real mvps who play like champions.

different107
05-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Thats the way I would have gone too.

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 01:06 PM

MVP is deserved for Dirk

LeBRon does not have the same respect that NBA are giving to Nash, Kobe and Dirk, so expect LeBron James to tune the band in Game 5 and end the Series.

I think his BEST STATEMENT is to win the NBA Championship and Finals MVP this Year.

AN MVP without an NBA Championship is not as Sweet as winning an NBA Championship and becoming League MVP.

Kebab Stall
05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
i just can't put dirk in the same category as the jordans, hakeems, magics, or birds, real mvps who play like champions.
I completely agree with this. But what is worse is that if Nash would of won it then he would have had 3 straight and no way does he belong in the same catogory as Bird, Russel and Chamberlain.

Valliant13
05-15-2007, 01:09 PM
"yes the award is called "Regular Season Most Valuable Player." but explain to me how you can claim rigid boundaries for the first two words and not rigid boundaries for the rest? "

Because "Most Valuable" is an inherently subjective term;

DCL
05-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I completely agree with this. But what is worse is that if Nash would of won it then he would have had 3 straight and no way does he belong in the same catogory as Bird, Russel and Chamberlain.

nash winning 3 straight.... yes, that would probably be even more ridiculous.

shaq only got 1 stinking mvp.

but anyway, i miss the days when mvps deserved their awards and proved their worth. mvps carry their teams no matter what. they make their opponents adjust to their game because they're just unstoppoble. dirk is far from this category.

ACCBaller1403
05-15-2007, 01:12 PM
i have no respect for the nba mvp award anymore.

it's supposed to be prestigious and elite.

How about with Nash, AI, DRob, KG, Barkley, etc...guys who got to the finals (almost in KG and Nash's cases) being the leader of their teams but didn't win anything. AI hasn't done any damage in the playoffs since, even being in a weak East, then having a hell of a team to play with this past year. KG hasn't done anything since Latrell and Sam. Barkley made the Finals once and got knocked out by Jordan. Robinson only won a title when paired with the greatest power forward of our generation right next to him.

If Dirk makes it to the finals, and has always had team success in the regular season (more than a lot of these guys can say) and makes the playoffs year in-year out, how does that make him a bad MVP choice?

Of course if you compare Dirk to the all time greats to ever play the game, he'll look bad. You listed arguably 5 of the top 6-10 players to ever play the game of basketball. Dirk doesn't compare? Who cares? How many actually do?

Stupid logic on your part. Think before typing.

kwajo
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM
LeBRon does not have the same respect that NBA are giving to Nash, Kobe and Dirk, so expect LeBron James to tune the band in Game 5 and end the Series.

I think his BEST STATEMENT is to win the NBA Championship and Finals MVP this Year.

:oldlol: his best statement? As if he can just decide to win the NBA Finals to prove a point? Give me a break.

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
How about with Nash, AI, DRob, KG, Barkley, etc...guys who got to the finals (almost in KG and Nash's cases) being the leader of their teams but didn't win anything. AI hasn't done any damage in the playoffs since, even being in a weak East, then having a hell of a team to play with this past year. KG hasn't done anything since Latrell and Sam. Barkley made the Finals once and got knocked out by Jordan. Robinson only won a title when paired with the greatest power forward of our generation right next to him.

If Dirk makes it to the finals, and has always had team success in the regular season (more than a lot of these guys can say) and makes the playoffs year in-year out, how does that make him a bad MVP choice?

Of course if you compare Dirk to the all time greats to ever play the game, he'll look bad. You listed arguably 5 of the top 6-10 players to ever play the game of basketball. Dirk doesn't compare? Who cares? How many actually do?

When is the last time that Steve Nash makes it in the NBA Finals? I might be sleeping then and mybe dreaming because as far as i remember Steve Nash never played in an NBA Finals Game.

DCL
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM

it's not just where you lose, but how you lose.

dirk was pathetic. had a 67 win season, and choked in the first round against a small defense. totally invisible when the team needed him the most, running away scared, being a nonfactor.

all those other mvps had achieved more and didn't have embarrassing series.

dirk was completely embarrassed in the first round by an 8th seed.

out of all mvps, dirk had the worst post-season performance in the last 25 years.

if you disagree, name another.

you can't.

so you should just be quiet, son.

ACCBaller1403
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM
When is the last time that Steve Nash makes it in the NBA Finals? I might be sleeping then and mybe dreaming because as far as i remember Steve Nash never played in an NBA Finals Game.

If you can show me where I said Nash played in the finals, I'll be impressed.

Read closer tool.

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM

dirk was pathetic. had a 67 win season, and choked in the first round against a small defense. totally invisible when the team needed him the most, running away scared, being a nonfactor.

out of all mvps, dirk had the worst post-season performance in the last 25 years.

you can't.

True that statement is True :cheers:

ACCBaller1403
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM

dirk was pathetic. had a 67 win season, and choked in the first round against a small defense.

you can't.

So because he won 67 games in the regular season he should be punished? Guys like KG and AI struggle to be an 8th seed. AI was very dissapointing as well. Not as much as Dirk, but this was the first year Dirk didn't play really well in the playoffs. You can bring up the finals last year, but up until the final series, Dirk looked like the best player in the NBA.

ACCBaller1403
05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
True that statement is True :cheers:

You going to show me where I said Nash played in the finals?

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
If you can show me where I said Nash played in the finals, I'll be impressed.

Read closer tool.

If Steve Nash and his lame Suns never win an NBA Championship this year. I would like tool to replace that avatar of yours with a Shawn Bradley or even A Gheorge Muresan picture.

Cause your logic is as stiff as those 2 former NBA players.

:oldlol:

ACCBaller1403
05-15-2007, 01:27 PM
If Steve Nash and his lame Suns never win an NBA Championship this year. I would like tool to replace that avatar of your with a Shawn Bradley or even A Gheorge Muresan picture.

Cause your logic is as stiff as those 2 former NBA players.

:oldlol:

I don't even like the Suns. Do you understand English? No wonder everyone here hates you.

You said that I mentioned that Steve played in the Finals. I asked you to show me where I said that (because I didn't). You come back with this nonsense.

DCL
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
So because he won 67 games in the regular season he should be punished? Guys like KG and AI struggle to be an 8th seed. AI was very dissapointing as well. Not as much as Dirk, but this was the first year Dirk didn't play really well in the playoffs. You can bring up the finals last year, but up until the final series, Dirk looked like the best player in the NBA.

kg and ai aren't mvp candidates and haven't been in a while. who are you going to name next, chris webber?

hello, it's 2007. besides, those guys didn't suck nor get embarrassed in the years they won it.

but dirk did.

so dirk had a 67 season, but then he played with so much fear under pressure. i wouldn't really care that much if he played his ass off in the first round and still lost. a lot of mvps don't even get to the finals, but at least they went down swinging hard in defeat. you just aren't supposed to get so embarrassed by your opponents like how dirk was.

mvps aren't supposed to be scared in critical moments. mvps aren't supposed to be invisible when the team needs him the most. mvps aren't supposed to say, "i think we're done if we lose the next game" when the next game isn't even the elimination match. mvps aren't supposed to ask the rest of his teammates to carry him because he is getting shut out.

however, dirk, this year's mvp, was all of those.

WORSE MVP post season performance in the last 25 years. dirk tainted the award beyond all possibilities.

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't even like the Suns. Do you understand English? No wonder everyone here hates you.

You said that I mentioned that Steve played in the Finals. I asked you to show me where I said that (because I didn't). You come back with this nonsense.

Check your posts again littleman you type a sentence which state that KG. Nash and Blah, Blah, Blah make it in the NBA Finals and then you have this (parenthesis) that many poster will never even care to read.

So i never seen that little post of yours. :cry:

STelfair31
05-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Lebron James dead last?? i'm surprised because he is carryin the Cavs... and some of the other candidates have some good players around them.. keep workin lebron..

Kebab Stall
05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
nash winning 3 straight.... yes, that would probably be even more ridiculous.

shaq only got 1 stinking mvp.

but anyway, i miss the days when mvps deserved their awards and proved their worth. mvps carry their teams no matter what. they make their opponents adjust to their game because they're just unstoppoble. dirk is far from this category.
Those days are over. I don't think there is any player in the league today that can carry his team to the finals and win. The only guy I can think of is Duncan, but he has a decent team around him so he doesn't have to single-handedly have to carry the team. Sure, the Spurs would be no where near the team they are now with Duncan, but they sure would be a good team without him.

warriors23
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Tony Parker, San Antonio -- -- -- -- 1 1
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BigTicket
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I agree with Dirk as MVP but anyone seen the top 10 they posted for him on NBA.com ? Some seriously weak stuff, most wouldn't even make top 10 for the day.

warriors23
05-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I agree with Dirk as MVP but anyone seen the top 10 they posted for him on NBA.com ? Some seriously weak stuff, most wouldn't even make top 10 for the day.
wheres that at?

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Lebron James dead last?? i'm surprised because he is carryin the Cavs... and some of the other candidates have some good players around them.. keep workin lebron..

Lebron will be above head and shoulder than those fake MVP Candidate. Who cares if the NBA treat him like Crap? He is the best player in the NBA and even Dirk knows it.

The Cavs are currently 7-1 in the NBA Playoffs and you cannot make an excuse that they are playing in a weak east cause the New Jerseys are having one of the best trio in the NBA. :applause:

hotsizzle
05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Lakers win less games, Kobe averages less impressive stats but finishes 3rd as opposed to 4th last year.

My MVP is Timmy but w/e. Congrats Dirk:oldlol:

ronron15
05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
seems fair to me

and1
05-15-2007, 02:03 PM
.........so funny, dirk started his speech with: OBVIOUSLY :D

... lol

ExpatSunsFan
05-15-2007, 02:06 PM
No more complaining about Nash now, I suppose. :oldlol:

ACCBaller1403
05-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Check your posts again littleman you type a sentence which state that KG. Nash and Blah, Blah, Blah make it in the NBA Finals and then you have this (parenthesis) that many poster will never even care to read.

So i never seen that little post of yours. :cry:

Obviously you did see it and you're just too mindless to see that you shoved your foot in your mouth and are backtracking.

Lebron is not the messiah. Get over it and take up a new hobby because messageboard posting clearly isn't your thing.

DCL
05-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Those days are over. I don't think there is any player in the league today that can carry his team to the finals and win. The only guy I can think of is Duncan, but he has a decent team around him so he doesn't have to single-handedly have to carry the team. Sure, the Spurs would be no where near the team they are now with Duncan, but they sure would be a good team without him.

yeah, those days seem to be over, and there isn't really just one single player who could single-handedly do everything to bring his team to destiny. no guy can do it all by himself. not even wilt. we accept that notion.

so i don't think anyone is expecting the mvp to absolutely carry his team to the finals and win. it's a team game, and of course, one guy can't always do it all. what should be done though is that, if the mvp ever loses, he should at least give a huge fight and play with heart. he should have the mentality that he just refuses to lose. even if he can't get it done but still loses, at least there's still some dignity left. people won't be criticizing about the mvp's play because they just know he tried to do everything he could. he played his best but the other team just had more.

but dirk? did he play his best? did he refuse to lose? not at all. there's really no better way to describe it, but dude played like a chump. we hadn't seen an mvp play like "deer in headlights" since d rob or drexler, but those guys got schooled by some guys named hakeem and mike. they can live with that.

so who did dirk get owned by? stephan jackson or 6'3" monte ellis? that's just embarrassing.

if you're the mvp and you're going to lose a series, at least fight and give every ounce of sweat and blood on the court. have people say, "okay, so it's unfortuante his team lost, but that mvp -- whoah, he was unbelievable... he tore sh!t up eveywhere, but too bad he just couldn't do it alone. he may had came up short, but he made his opponents bow down and give respect."

dirk never demonstrated that. he was a nonfactor. he was invisible. he was scared and failed under pressure. he was a total choker and something that rhymes with wussy. he gave up on himself and he gave up on his team. he showed no pride whatsoever. he just accepted defeat like a heartless loser.

sorry, that's just not anywhere near mvp basketball in my book.

i don't even care that much that he lost in the first round. but it's HOW he got dusted. he just didn't fight nor do ****. it was embarrassing to watch the way he exited. he sucked throughout the whole series except for about 3 minutes, and he had 8 whopping points in the final "do or die" game. that weak stuff is not mvp. dirk's nickname in this year's playoffs was waldo.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
05-15-2007, 02:21 PM
pardon my sloppy Paint abilities:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/VCLeapsOverGrandKenyon/MVP.jpg

Lebron23
05-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Obviously you did see it and you're just too mindless to see that you shoved your foot in your mouth and are backtracking.

Lebron is not the messiah. Get over it and take up a new hobby because messageboard posting clearly isn't your thing.

So that supposed to be funny thanks for the :roll: :oldlol: but I am not impress so back off.

Lebron Is not the Messiah? Of Course not Jesus Christ is the only King of Kings that is Blasphemy by the way by using that term in your bias judgement.

Lebron will be a better player than Steve Nash and Dirk in the future.. Oh wait he is already a better player than Kobe, Dirk, Nash and Wade so just :cry: cause you lose in this one.

PS:

You can promote their MVP trophies but at the end of the day it only validate that they are a very underachieving player cause they did no take their team to the nexts level.

Kebab Stall
05-15-2007, 02:28 PM
yeah, those days seem to be over. and there aren't really any player who can single-handedly do everything to bring his team to destiny.

but i don't think anyone is expecting the mvp to absolutely carry his team to the finals and win. it's a team game, and of course, one guy can't always do it all. what should be done though is that, if the mvp ever loses, he should at least give a huge fight and play with heart. he should have the mentality that he just refuses to lose. even if he can't get it done but still loses, at least there's still some dignity left. people won't be criticizing about the mvp's play because they just know he tried to do everything he could. he played his best but the other team just had more.

but dirk? did he play his best? did he refuse to lose? not at all. there's really no better way to describe it, but dude played like a chump. we hadn't seen an mvp play like "deer in headlights" since d rob or drexler, but those guys got schooled by some guys named olajuwon and jordan. they can live with that.

so who did dirk get owned by? stephan jackson or 6'3" monte ellis? that's just embarrassing.

if you're the mvp and you're going to lose a series, at least fight and give every ounce of sweat and blood on the court. have people say, "okay, so it's unfortuante his team lost and got beaten in the first round, but that mvp -- whoah, he was unbelievable... he tore sh!t up eveywhere, but too bad he just couldn't do it alone."

dirk never demonstrated that. he was a nonfactor. he was invisible. he was scared. he gave up on himself and he gave up on his team. he had no heart and pride.

that's not mvp basketball in my book. i don't even care that much that he lost in the first round. but it's HOW he got dusted. he just didn't fight nor do ****. he was embarrassing to watch the way he exited. dirk's nickname in this year's playoffs was waldo.
Yeah, I agree that no one player can do it alone, he has to have something behind him. But like you said that one player, maybe MVP or just the best on the team, either way he should give his heart and soul to do what it takes to win.

Dirk didn't play up to what MVP standards are. I don't care whether the MVP should based on the regular season performances or not, no MVP player should ever get knocked out of the playoffs without giving it their all, especially in the first round.

ACCBaller1403
05-15-2007, 02:51 PM
So that supposed to be funny thanks for the :roll: :oldlol: but I am not impress so back off.

Lebron Is not the Messiah? Of Course not Jesus Christ is the only King of Kings that is Blasphemy by the way by using that term in your bias judgement.

Lebron will be a better player than Steve Nash and Dirk in the future.. Oh wait he is already a better player than Kobe, Dirk, Nash and Wade so just :cry: cause you lose in this one.

PS:

You can promote their MVP trophies but at the end of the day it only validate that they are a very underachieving player cause they did no take their team to the nexts level.

It wasn't a joke. I think you seriously need help. Lebron has yet to lead his team to the finals. I'm not saying it won't happen, but he's not the best player in the NBA like you claim. Lebron's "next level" so far in a weak East in his career has been the second round. Wade has a championship. Kobe has 3. Nash has been to the Conference finals in a tougher West twice. Dirk led his team to the NBA finals. I don't know where you get your info from but Lebron has yet to accomplish that. Again, not saying he won't get there, but he's not there yet except for in your fantasy world.

Fudge
05-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Good job, t-mac.

-primetime-
05-15-2007, 05:26 PM
disgraceful.

nothing short of disgraceful.

Dirk. :rolleyes:

it gets funnier and funnier by the day, too, as we watch GS get their asses handed to them by the 5th seeded Jazz and Nash play like more of a warrior each night. honestly, next game I expect him to get his right hand chopped off 5 minutes before tip off and end up with 22/13 and the win.

what does any of that have to do with the regular season MVP winner?

xxxSuperStar
05-15-2007, 05:30 PM

Yeah, you'd think some Cleveland media member with a vote would give him one. Jerks.

-primetime-
05-15-2007, 05:32 PM

you can't.

dirk was pathetic...you are right...IN THE POST SEASON

he was the MVP of the regular season

WTF does it take for some of you morons to understand that?

yeah, he might have had the worst post season performance by an MVP ever...true...but that has ZERO to do with the fact that he is the MVP of the regular season....

you are right, I can't name another...but what the hell does that have to do with anything

please for the love of god seperate the post season from the regular season...please

SupermanOnSteroids
05-15-2007, 05:35 PM
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/press_conf/mvp_pc_nowitzki_070515.asx
Press Conference

Dirk sucks so much that even Mark Cuban can beat him one on one.

-primetime-
05-15-2007, 05:37 PM
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/press_conf/mvp_pc_nowitzki_070515.asx
Press Conference

Dirk sucks so much that even Mark Cuban can beat him one on one.
you're a retard

SupermanOnSteroids
05-15-2007, 05:38 PM
watch the video and you'll see what i'm talking about dumbass.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Dallas just got unlucky to be playing coach Nelson's team. He was after all the brain child of the Dallas Mavericks. He knows how to beat Dirk and the Mavericks. This wasn't Dirk's fault he can't play against midgets, he'd have a better chance against a great team like the Suns or Spurs.

-primetime-
05-15-2007, 05:42 PM
watch the video and you'll see what i'm talking about dumbass.
that link won't open for me

-primetime-
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Dallas just got unlucky to be playing coach Nelson's team. He was after all the brain child of the Dallas Mavericks. He knows how to beat Dirk and the Mavericks. This wasn't Dirk's fault he can't play against midgets, he'd have a better chance against a great team like the Suns or Spurs.
agreed

SupermanOnSteroids
05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
do you have windows media player? it works just fine for me.

-primetime-
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
do you have windows media player? it works just fine for me.
it is an .asx file?

it asks me to download it to my computer but my computer will not allow that because of virus protection

OneWay
05-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Dirk deserved it. Congrats.

It really wasn't even a contest this year.

KOBEinSD24
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Congrats to Dirk and not to take anything away from Dirk but i felt he was playing very lackluster, he should have took charge and told his temmates to bring up their level of play they are a way better team than Golden State (nothin against GS)

Pyro
05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Lebron James 27/7/6, Another 50 wins in the regular season with an average coach and a mediocre supporting casts.
tmac 25ppg 6.5apg 5rpg

And had a 50+ win team bieng the 2nd offensive option

Raildog
05-19-2007, 06:21 AM
who is the moron that gave Shaq a 4th place?

wtf?

Lebron23
05-19-2007, 06:24 AM
tmac 25ppg 6.5apg 5rpg

And had a 50+ win team bieng the 2nd offensive option

Looks like among the top 5 MVP Candidates.

It might be Lebron vs. Tim Duncan in the NBA Finals.

:rockon:

kwajo
05-19-2007, 09:26 AM
No it won't.

Lebron23
05-19-2007, 09:53 AM
No it won't.

We will see Kwajo :D

magicmanfan
05-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Dirk does NOT deserve this award at all. He isn't a top 5 player yet!
Dallas' huge payroll deserves more credit than most of you realize.

Rockets(T-mac)
05-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Dirk does NOT deserve this award at all. He isn't a top 5 player yet!
Dallas' huge payroll deserves more credit than most of you realize.
Thank you! Everyone is like Dirk held his team up his team isn't very bad at all if they completely eliminated Dirk from the equation the Mavs would've still made the playoffs.

bdreason
05-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Looks about right.

I think it's funny all you people claiming Dirk doesn't deserve it because he lost in the first round.

Well, Nash went out in the second round. Grats?

Kobe went out in the first round. Grats?

LeBron is still in the playoffs, in the EAST, which is a joke of a conference...

and Duncan is going to the Western Conference finals and will probably win the whole thing.

My point is only that the MVP award is for the REGULAR SEASON. Stop being idiots and talking about the playoffs. My guess is that Duncan will probably end up with the Finals MVP, if he continues to play at the level he is currently playing at.

Lebron23
05-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Looks about right.

I think it's funny all you people claiming Dirk doesn't deserve it because he lost in the first round.

Well, Nash went out in the second round. Grats?

Kobe went out in the first round. Grats?

LeBron is still in the playoffs, in the EAST, which is a joke of a conference...

and Duncan is going to the Western Conference finals and will probably win the whole thing.

My point is only that the MVP award is for the REGULAR SEASON. Stop being idiots and talking about the playoffs. My guess is that Duncan will probably end up with the Finals MVP, if he continues to play at the level he is currently playing at.

That is why LeBRon James sweep the San Antonio Spurs in the regular season 4-0.

It does'nt matter where Conference you play what matters most is your team is winning and Dallas and Suns are choking.

hahahahaaha, try again nexts time idiot :roll:

Uchiha_Hai
05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
This year was probably Mavs best chance of winning an Nba title. D\

SupermanOnSteroids
05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
dirk deserved it more last year than he did this year. mavs regular season record despite the lack of any other true star on that roster is what propelled dirk to mvp. he did choke in the playoffs, but it is a regular season award. and as far as some dumbass making an argument of mavs record being a product of the other players despite dirk, well just take a look at phoenix, spurs, utah, and tell me who has more talent.

TmacsRockets
01-27-2009, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=insidehoops]http://www.insidehoops.com/nowitzki-mvp-051507.shtml

Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks was named the winner of the Maurice Podoloff Trophy as the NBA

AItheAnswer3
01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Lebron should have been higher. He carried his team to the finals.
Definitely, because your success in the playoffs determines whether you get MVP or not. :rolleyes:

So we should take away Dirk's MVP for losing in the first round? And every other MVP who didn't win the championship that year?

Rekindled
01-27-2009, 05:02 PM

portland shouldve drafted jordan because he was the goat

bleedinpurpleTwo
01-27-2009, 05:10 PM

just when I thought you could be any worse...

highwhey
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Man, I wish Nash would've won. SOOOOOOOOOOO many people on ISH would be pissed off. :roll: