PDA

View Full Version : Per ESPN radio/Mike Greenberg, Knicks to acquire Westbrook

Knicksfever2010
07-06-2016, 01:48 PM
on ESPN.COM there is a clip of todays morning show where Mike Greenberg says that the Knicks will acquire Westbrook from OKC.

Imagine a backcourt of Westbrook and Rose? Good luck not breaking your ankles. HAHA. The Knicks will be running non-stop. WE DA BESTEST!

Quickening
07-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Rose is more likely to break his own ankles these days

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-06-2016, 01:51 PM
http://bestanimations.com/Military/Explosions/nuclear-atom-bomg-explosion-animated-gif-5.gif

Real Men Wear Green
07-06-2016, 01:52 PM
It won't happen. Knicks don't have the assets. Who do they trade Melo and Porzingis?

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2016, 01:52 PM
I honestly forgot the Knicks even existed

SCdac
07-06-2016, 01:54 PM
They can't trade Brandon Jennings already, right?

Levity
07-06-2016, 01:55 PM
and what exactly are they offering? a couple of phils rings?

Lebron23
07-06-2016, 01:57 PM
and what exactly are they offering? a couple of phils rings?

This

Knicks don't have any trade assets.

Sarcastic
07-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Stfu.

AirBonner
07-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Knicks are as relevant as op

Haymaker
07-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Someone delete this thread and ban the OP. Thanks.

dazzer87
07-06-2016, 02:20 PM
would be great if they send fat melo to okc...........Dude stated he did not care about winning.

HurricaneKid
07-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Zinger... Just sayin.

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2016, 02:42 PM
:roll: :roll:

Eat shit!

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Well you see there is a knicks subforum on ISH, and its there for a reason.
:rolleyes:

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Well you see there is a knicks subforum on ISH, and its there for a reason.
:rolleyes:

OP makes you look intelligent and rational... That's how fcked up he is :lol

Knicksfever2010
07-06-2016, 02:54 PM
It won't happen. Knicks don't have the assets. Who do they trade Melo and Porzingis?

What does OKC think they're going to get for a guy that is 100% going to free agency? They should be happy w/ a package of draft picks and/or galloway/thomas

SupermanOnSteroids
07-06-2016, 03:00 PM
What does OKC think they're going to get for a guy that is 100% going to free agency? They should be happy w/ a package of draft picks and/or galloway/thomas
preach on brother. westbrook's a rental at this point. 2 late first rounders would be a haul.

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2016, 03:00 PM

They can easily get a package much better than that from Lakers or Celtics. And oh btw, your avatar is epic fail, surprised you still keep it.
:lol

PejaNowitzki
07-06-2016, 03:19 PM
The Knicks only real trade asset is Porzingis who looks like he could be their first homegrown star in a long time.

PejaNowitzki
07-06-2016, 03:20 PM

The Suns got 2 1st rounders at the trade deadline from Miami for Dragic, who is an older and not nearly as talented a player. Whenever OKC does trade Westbrook, rest assured they will get a nice offer for him. Philly, Boston, the Lakers and Minnesota among others all could come up with a much better trade package.

FireDavidKahn
LOL.

Remember what Carmelo got:lol :roll:

DMAVS41

They definitely have the assets.

They have the ability to match salary and Porzingis alone is gonna be a better off than anything they could get elsewhere.

I think Rose can only be traded by himself...so they'd have to do 2 separate deals.

Rose for Russ
Kristaps for Singler

Knicks throw in a first rounder and it is a great trade for the Thunder.

Don't see why the Knicks pass on this...they are in complete win now mode and would be front runners to land Russ for his entire prime/peak.

Thunder can then shed Kanter, see how Dipo fits...and build around Kristaps/Adams going forward. Makes a ton of sense.

PejaNowitzki
07-06-2016, 03:23 PM
They definitely have the assets.

They have the ability to match salary and Porzingis alone is gonna be a better off than anything they could get elsewhere.

I think Rose can only be traded by himself...so they'd have to do 2 separate deals.

Rose for Russ
Kristaps for Singler

Knicks throw in a first rounder and it is a great trade for the Thunder.

Don't see why the Knicks pass on this...they are in complete win now mode and would be front runners to land Russ for his entire prime/peak.

If the Knicks trade away Porzingis, why does Westbrook sign a contract to stay with them? To play with an aging ball hog in Carmelo?

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 03:26 PM
If the Knicks trade away Porzingis, why does Westbrook sign a contract to stay with them? To play with an aging ball hog in Carmelo?

That is the risk you have to take if you are the Knicks. You can offer him the most money and you are in New York City with a team that would actually be pretty damn good with Russ.

They'd be able to improve a little next summer as well.

Under your logic..the Knicks are in a better situation than the Lakers. Where is Russ going? What teams are going to be more desirable than the most money possible and NY?

I'm not saying they should do this...just that it would make sense.

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2016, 03:32 PM
I want Westbrook to stay in OKC this season.

Join Spurs next season.

PejaNowitzki
07-06-2016, 03:33 PM
That is the risk you have to take if you are the Knicks. You can offer him the most money and you are in New York City with a team that would actually be pretty damn good with Russ.

They'd be able to improve a little next summer as well.

Under your logic..the Knicks are in a better situation than the Lakers. Where is Russ going? What teams are going to be more desirable than the most money possible and NY?

I'm not saying they should do this...just that it would make sense.

And the risk is that he bolts and they are left holding nothing but their nuts, with a roster filled with aging and injury-prone players. Considering their history in free agency and Westbrook's West Coast roots and that Porzingis looks likes a potential franchise player, I wouldn't take that risk.

Keep Porzingis and build your roster around him going forward. To me that would be the smartest play for the Knicks. Take a crack at Westbrook in free agency, if you don't get him, keep moving on with the rebuild.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 03:35 PM
And the risk is that he bolts and they are left holding nothing but their nuts, with a roster filled with aging and injury-prone players. Considering their history in free agency and Westbrook's West Coast roots and that Porzingis looks likes a potential franchise player, I wouldn't take that risk.

Keep Porzingis and build your roster around him going forward. To me that would be the smartest play for the Knicks. Take a crack at Westbrook in free agency, if you don't get him, keep moving on with the rebuild.

Yea.

Again, I'm not saying I would do it.

Just saying it makes sense...and really just responding to the notion that the Knicks don't have the assets. Kristaps is easily the best the Thunder could ever get in return for Russ.

Stringer Bell
07-06-2016, 03:38 PM
on ESPN.COM there is a clip of todays morning show where Mike Greenberg says that the Knicks will acquire Westbrook from OKC.

Imagine a backcourt of Westbrook and Rose? Good luck not breaking your ankles. HAHA. The Knicks will be running non-stop. WE DA BESTEST!

:oldlol:

In some way, I respect the delusional optimism of Knick fanatics. All those years of being a terrible franchise, and choking when they did have good teams, and they are still optimistic that the Knicks will somehow go back to 1970 and 1973.

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Yea.

Again, I'm not saying I would do it.

Just saying it makes sense...and really just responding to the notion that the Knicks don't have the assets. Kristaps is easily the best the Thunder could ever get in return for Russ.

Porzingis /Adams front court would be the best in the league by far.

And they're both still youngins!

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Porzingis /Adams front court would be the best in the league by far.

And they're both still youngins!

Funny thing is...it is the makings of a team that can beat the Warriors. Obviously a long way to go, but Dipo/Kristaps/Adams is a really good core for the start of a team that could beat the Warriors.

If only Roberson could nail 3's....

AirTupac
07-06-2016, 03:43 PM
False, wont happen