PDA

View Full Version : Durant's 2014 MVP speech

Hey Yo
07-06-2016, 02:57 PM
At his MVP speech in 2014, Durant galvanized Oklahoma City.

"You get knocked down, but you keep getting back up, keep fighting; it's the perfect place for me," he said. "The grass isn't always greener somewhere else."

As road writers baited for compliments about their cities, Durant affectionately referred to Oklahoma City as home. He said he wanted to have his jersey retired there.

Even on the topic of ring chasing, Durant wasn't moved by the need for a championship to validate greatness.

"Our world revolves around championships," he said in a recent Sports Illustrated feature. "Who won the championship? Who will win the championship? If you're not the champion, you're a loser. If you're not first, you're last.

"Don't get me wrong, I want to win a championship more than anybody, but if you go through the journey we've gone through, you can also appreciate other things."

Durant repeated a phrase often:

"I'm no front-runner."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16791990/nba-changes-led-kevin-durant-departure-oklahoma-city-thunder

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2016, 03:00 PM
We didn't even see LeBron cry until he won one for Cleveland. This fool was bawling his eyes out after his first MVP. :oldlol:

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Yeah, read that yesterday.. Excellent article

He is a little bitch... The article says how he's a sensitive, impressionable little beta phegget who is controlled by Nike and sponsors and didnt want to take responsibility and leadership.

Well good luck him piggybacking the Splash bros for rings