PDA

View Full Version : Elite teams are so much better this decade than 2000-2010

StrongLurk
07-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Besides the Lakers from 2000-2002, none of the other teams that won championships from 2003-2010 would win a championship this decade.

It's crazy thinking about Kobe's Lakers winning in 2009 and 2010. Those teams wouldn't have a chance against the Heat/Spurs/Warriors/Cavs these last 5-6 years.

TomCat
07-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Collusion era

/thread

UK2K
07-06-2016, 04:19 PM
The Warriors had 4 players on the first, second, and third All-NBA team...

MJ (1st), David Robinson (2nd), Grant Hill (2nd), and Pippen (3rd) would make a pretty good team in 1997-98.

And that fantasy team would destroy this GSW team.

moongaze
07-06-2016, 04:42 PM
lI was watching highlights of early 2000 ball earlier today. Just unwatchable stuff. Bad fundamentals. Boring games. Weak "superstars". No wonder the nba was going through a transition then and international teams started to beat the usa. Right now is the apex of technical brilliance in the leagues history

CelticGangster
07-06-2016, 05:15 PM
lI was watching highlights of early 2000 ball earlier today. Just unwatchable stuff. Bad fundamentals. Boring games. Weak "superstars". No wonder the nba was going through a transition then and international teams started to beat the usa. Right now is the apex of technical brilliance in the leagues history
Weak superstars????
in 2008 these hall of famers were in or entering their prime:

Pierce
KG
Allen
Kobe
Chris Paul
McGrady
Wade
LeBron

in 2016 these hall of famers are in their prime:
LD

Magic 32
07-06-2016, 05:32 PM

It was top heavy for sure.

But the Lakers, Kings and Spurs were at their peak.

And they actually played each other.

moongaze
07-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Weak superstars????
in 2008 these hall of famers were in or entering their prime:

Pierce
KG
Allen
Kobe
Chris Paul
McGrady
Wade
LeBron

in 2016 these hall of famers are in their prime:
LD
Pierce, kg and Allen aren't transcendent superstars. Good players sure, but not all the talents. Chris Paul lol Mr. Never been past the second round. Mcgrady? Lol another playoff loser. Kobe? Lol the symbolic player in an era if inefficient chuckers

Wade was a young pup with no jumper that was getting abused by Argentina and international teams. Lebron got swept by the spurs. Early 2000s sucked.

Quickening
07-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Yes the top 3-4 teams this decade are better than any team post Shaqs lakers.

NBAGOAT
07-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Yes the top 3-4 teams this decade are better than any team post Shaqs lakers.

true except for 08 Celtics.

blablabla
07-06-2016, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't count out the 04 Pistons or the 08 Celtics, even an old Celtic team was giving Miami trouble in 2012 an by then the Celtic team wasn't even as deep as it was in 08. And then the 2010 Lakers with 5 top players i don't really see how much worse they are than todays teams. I have to say that teams do seem to be extremely deep right now despite having 3 or 4 max level players on the team. Like the Cavs who have J.R, Thompson, Iman, Delladova, Frye and Mozgov as role players that is just insane compared to the teams of the past but here you have to question the overall importance of such players it might allow you to rest your starters a bit more, now i haven't looked at the stats but from what i remember in the early 2000s far more players played heavy minutes now most stars play around 30-33 minutes per game but in the end basketball is a game that relies on its stars, so i think a team with KG,Pierce and Allen can beat any team ever if they can win a 7 game series is tough to say but to act like they wouldn't sniff a chance is insane.

Hoopz2332
07-06-2016, 07:02 PM

agreed

smoovegittar
07-06-2016, 07:05 PM
I was gonna respond, but then Bugs Bunny came on the television..............

ScalsFan21
07-06-2016, 07:06 PM
League parity may be in the crapper right now, but this is still very true. Title teams (and even elite losing teams) of the past few years would mop the floor with plenty of champs/runners-up last decade.

CelticGangster
07-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Pierce, kg and Allen aren't transcendent superstars. Good players sure, but not all the talents. Chris Paul lol Mr. Never been past the second round. Mcgrady? Lol another playoff loser. Kobe? Lol the symbolic player in an era if inefficient chuckers

Wade was a young pup with no jumper that was getting abused by Argentina and international teams. Lebron got swept by the spurs. Early 2000s sucked.
KG is a transcendent superstar you dumbfck
So is allen, who birthed todays biggest "star" who is really a glorified role player

moongaze
07-06-2016, 07:18 PM
KG is a transcendent superstar you dumbfck
So is allen, who birthed todays biggest "star" who is really a glorified role player

When I think of an all time great I don't think of kd. He's not a transcendent star. Ray Allen wasn't a superstar and was 3rd option on a celtics team of semi superstar big 3. No one is looking at pierce, Garnett and Allen and saying oh, woe, those guys were mega superstars.

CelticGangster
07-06-2016, 07:20 PM
When I think of an all time great I don't think of kd. He's not a transcendent star. Ray Allen wasn't a superstar and was 3rd option on a celtics team of semi superstar big 3. No one is looking at pierce, Garnett and Allen and saying oh, woe, those guys were mega superstars.
KG was an MVP and began the high school player wave

moongaze
07-06-2016, 07:31 PM
KG was an MVP and began the high school player wave

In a weak era, sure. Is he a top 15 player? Is he a player that jumps out at you when you think of most talented players ever? To me, no. He was a product of a weak nba with a lot of B level stats. Carter, mcgrady, pierce, Allen, Iverson, Francis. Yeah, not overly impressed with that era and him starting a trend of straight from high school to nba players that t contributed to the lack of fundamentals and lackluster play

The players back then were getting embarrassed by internetationa ball because the style of play in the nba was primitive and had not evolved. Now, ball movement, analytics and intelligent play is the reg and part of play. Players and the teams of early 2000s were watered down .

oh the horror
07-06-2016, 08:06 PM
In a weak era, sure. Is he a top 15 player? Is he a player that jumps out at you when you think of most talented players ever? To me, no. He was a product of a weak nba with a lot of B level stats. Carter, mcgrady, pierce, Allen, Iverson, Francis. Yeah, not overly impressed with that era and him starting a trend of straight from high school to nba players that t contributed to the lack of fundamentals and lackluster play

The players back then were getting embarrassed by internetationa ball because the style of play in the nba was primitive and had not evolved. Now, ball movement, analytics and intelligent play is the reg and part of play. Players and the teams of early 2000s were watered down .

I can't even comprehend how dumb this post is.

moongaze
07-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Based on the lack of insight and substance in your reply I'm willing to bet you can't comprehend much of anything.

IGOTGAME
07-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Based on the lack of insight and substance in your reply I'm willing to bet you can't comprehend much of anything.

Nope, it was a very ignorant post.

moongaze
07-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Nope, it was a very ignorant post.

Without any substance it's impossible to substantiate that statement. Why was it ignorant. Anyone can say something is wrong or dumb to them.