PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea: Kevin Love for Russell Westbrook

IGOTGAME
07-06-2016, 04:14 PM
do the Thunder accept this? would Westbrook resign?

TheWinningFam
07-06-2016, 04:15 PM
cavs wouldn't take that.

atljonesbro
07-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Op are you autistic? Why on earth would the thunder take that trash??

IGOTGAME
07-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Op are you autistic? Why on earth would the thunder take that trash??

You get an all star/all NBA performer. You also stay a playoff team. I doubt that happens in any other trade scenario

Knicksfever2010
07-06-2016, 04:33 PM
You get an all star/all NBA performer. You also stay a playoff team. I doubt that happens in any other trade scenario

When Kevin Love was on the Timberwolves and didn't have Lebron/Kyrive to help him, how many times did he go to the playoffs?

Akrazotile
07-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Doubt the Cavs are willing to take a chance on Westbrook having the IQ to fit in with their squad.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 04:39 PM
What?

Russ makes absolutely no sense on the Cavs.

The Cavs need to move Love for either a dominant big like Cousins...or a poo poo platter of 3/D wings like Crowder/Bradley.

IGOTGAME
07-06-2016, 04:48 PM
What?

Russ makes absolutely no sense on the Cavs.

The Cavs need to move Love for either a dominant big like Cousins...or a poo poo platter of 3/D wings like Crowder/Bradley.

Exactly. But Russ holds the cards now and can make them trade him whereever he wants to go pretty much. Its a unique opportunity because of the KD trade and Westbrook's contract coming to an end.

Cousins would be great or even some of the bigs off of Utah but why would they take Love?

I'd rather have Westbrook then the poo poo plater of 3/D wings. I think you can figure it out. I'd actually put out the few thousand bucks to see that finals series in person.

FatComputerNerd
07-06-2016, 04:51 PM
WB would not be a good fit on the Cavs. He's pretty ball-dominant.

I don't want Wade either for that matter.

Time for Kyrie to shine! (not that he hasn't already)

Love will also be just fine. I was against his acquisition (still think AB is gonna make something of himself too!), but for all his bad games he's had plenty of good ones too. People shouldn't expect him to be putting up huge scoring numbers on such a talented team. Same goes for rebounds playing next to TT.

I hope he stays though, and his stop on Curry in game 7 made him an honorary Clevelander for life.

IGOTGAME
07-06-2016, 04:52 PM
WB would not be a good fit on the Cavs. He's pretty ball-dominant.

I don't want Wade either for that matter.

Time for Kyrie to shine! (not that he hasn't already)

is Kevin Love a good fit?

sd3035
07-06-2016, 04:57 PM
OP is clearly retarded :lol

FatComputerNerd
07-06-2016, 04:57 PM
is Kevin Love a good fit?

Yes, I edited my post before your reply but I do believe he is!

jbryan1984
07-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Right now, after Durant just signed with the W's, it sounds terrific. In the long run though, it wouldn't be good. Kyrie Irving. Did you see him play in the finals? He is literally like ONE step down from Westbrook at this time. He does exactly what Westbrook does. We don't need two of those. I am not against trading Love, but we are no longer looking at a just win one championship scenario, we want to win multiple championships. Like they said above, I agree 100%. Either Love and Shump for Cousins or Love for Bradley/Crowder.

Scenario #1
Irving/Felder
Smith/Williams
James/Jefferson
Thompson/Frye
Cousins/Thompson

Scenario #2
Irving/Felder
Bradley/Smith/Williams
Crowder/Shumpert/Jefferson
James/Frye
Thompson/Frye

I like 2 better. Gives us more depth, a chance to run more and would probably be the best defense in the league.

IGOTGAME
07-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Right now, after Durant just signed with the W's, it sounds terrific. In the long run though, it wouldn't be good. Kyrie Irving. Did you see him play in the finals? He is literally like ONE step down from Westbrook at this time. He does exactly what Westbrook does. We don't need two of those. I am not against trading Love, but we are no longer looking at a just win one championship scenario, we want to win multiple championships. Like they said above, I agree 100%. Either Love and Shump for Cousins or Love for Bradley/Crowder.

Scenario #1
Irving/Felder
Smith/Williams
James/Jefferson
Thompson/Frye
Cousins/Thompson

Scenario #2
Irving/Felder
Bradley/Smith/Williams
Crowder/Shumpert/Jefferson
James/Frye
Thompson/Frye

I like 2 better. Gives us more depth, a chance to run more and would probably be the best defense in the league.

I just dont see the Cousins trade happening. But that would be great.

Is Crowder really that good, I havent watched him play much or remember him too well....

jbryan1984
07-06-2016, 05:25 PM
I just dont see the Cousins trade happening. But that would be great.

Is Crowder really that good, I havent watched him play much or remember him too well....

He is coming off the best year of his career, averaging 14/5/2, with 2 steals per game as well. Is a great wing defender and lengthy. I would want him more for the defense. I realize Shumpert had an off year because of his injury but in times where you need to stop the ball, plug in a lineup of Bradley/Shumpert/Crowder/James/Thompson. Awesome defensive lineup right there.

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2016, 05:31 PM
why would EITHER team do that?

Lebron23
07-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Hell No

Westbrook and Irving are pretty redundant. I'll trade Kevin Love and for Nikola Vucevic, and some fillers.

Lebron23
07-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Nick Vuceviccccccccccccccc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuCcxcQHQL4

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 08:05 PM
That makes no sense. Add the highest usage player in the league to a team with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving?

wut

Meticode
07-06-2016, 08:09 PM
The Thunder are in a tricky situation because even if they do want to trade him because of not extending, no team is going to want to take Westbrook on a 4-6 month rental only to leave them if he's not extending either.

I'll personally be surprised if Westbrook remains a Thunder for the start of the 17-18 season.

Meticode
07-06-2016, 08:10 PM
That makes no sense. Add the highest usage player in the league to a team with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving?

wut
I never got your opinion of this, but I suspect you're against Wade joining as well since he's 8th in the league in usage rate? Higher than Irving in fact.

SouBeachTalents
07-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Horrible trade for both teams

SupermanOnSteroids
07-06-2016, 08:14 PM
I LIKE IT!!!

Westbrook cockblocks Durant's welcoming parade.:oldlol:

catzhernandez
07-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Trade Idea: Kevin Love for Russell Westbrook

Why?

Stop making idiot threads.

Trade idea: Monta Ellis for Chris Paul
Trade idea: Mike Dunleavy for Chris Bosh
Trade idea: Tarek Black for Al Horford
Trade idea: Kevin Garnett for Kawhi Leonard

Do these also seem like good ideas? Post em up in a thread if you want to, see what the ISH community thinks.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-06-2016, 08:39 PM
god i keep forgetting this is someone shitting on the keyboard.

NuggetsFan
07-06-2016, 08:40 PM
It'll never happens for obvious reasons but I think the Nuggets make the alot of sense for Westbrook. Crazy collection of young talent to kickstart a rebuild for OKC, but enough talent outside of that to give Westbrook a decent supporting cast + some youth that could improve.

Mudiay/Memphis pick/Nurkic for Westbrook.

Westbrook/Nelson
Harris/Murray/Barton/Beasley
Gallo/Chandler
Faried/Hernangomez/Joffrey
Jokic/D.A

Nuggets even have the young pieces to go after Cousins once they get Westbrook. Jokic/Will Barton/Beasley/Denver 1st for Cousins.

Westbrook/Nelson/Murray
Harris/Murray
Gallo/Chandler
Faried/Gomez/Joffrey
Cousins/D.A

Man I wish the NBA was a video game :oldlol: