PDA

View Full Version : If Durant joined the Warriors 2 seasons ago, no one would have cared.

L.Kizzle
07-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Basically the same exact team as today.

-Stephen Curry was coming off his first all-star appearance. Steph right now has the same amount of all-star games as Rip Hamilton.
-Draymond Green was playing behind David Lee and Jermaine O'Neal.
Klay, Iggy, Barnes, ect were all here.
-This team was out in the first round in 2014.

Why KD getting such a bad rap for this? :lol

TheWinningFam
07-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Because he was a game away from beating the defending champs, choked and decided to join them because he couldn't beat them.
:facepalm

Only an idiot or someone with an agenda cant understand this.

SouBeachTalents
07-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Holy shit this is the dumbest thread I've seen in a long time

RoundMoundOfReb
07-06-2016, 07:28 PM
If Rose joined the Knicks 2 seasons ago, people would've cared.

L.Kizzle
Holy shit this is the dumbest thread I've seen in a long time
Liar. :lol

livinglegend
Gsw were the favorites to win the 2017 championship before Durant joined them.
On top of that, he is joining the team who beat his team only because he choked himself in game 6.

ScalsFan21
07-06-2016, 07:29 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2016, 07:29 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

MP.Trey
07-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Because this team has a player who beat him out for MVP when he no doubt thinks/knows he's better than Curry.

Because this team bounced him last year after he choked a 3-1 lead.

Because this team has 3 pronounced All-Stars.

Because this team won 73 games last year. An NBA record.

Because he already had a top 5 player on his team and a very, very high chance to beat the team he joined the year before.

I can keep going if you want...

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2016, 07:34 PM
OP why did you say 2 years ago, could it be that.... things have changed from 2 years ago?

:crazysam: :crazysam: :crazysam:

Get this retard outta here

RoundMoundOfReb
07-06-2016, 07:40 PM
I honestly think this might be the dumbest non-trolling post in I've seen on ISH.

Sarcastic
07-06-2016, 07:58 PM
If your aunt has a dick, you'd call her uncle.

ace23
07-06-2016, 08:01 PM
:roll: you my ***** but you dumb as hell for this

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 08:03 PM

-Stephen Curry was coming off his first all-star appearance. Steph right now has the same amount of all-star games as Rip Hamilton.

Huh? I fail to see the logic.

Yes, he wouldn't be getting as much grief for jumping to a 50+ win team that made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. You're probably right about that.

But, they didn't just win 50+ games and make it to the 2nd round. They set the all-time league record for wins and it took the greatest comeback in NBA history for them to not repeat as champions.

Meticode
07-06-2016, 08:05 PM
I was semi-watching ESPN today and I heard several analyst criticize Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley's disappointment with Durant on his decision. To the point some analysts attacked Barkley saying he did the same thing in his career while in Phoenix he couldn't get pass the Rockets two years in a row. Then he joined him.

There is one hole in that argument. Barkley joined that team after his prime and he was 33 years old. Most of those players on that Rocket's team were past their primes when he joined. Durant joined a historically good team that had the best regular season ever right in the middle of his prime and the Warriors prime.

Spurs m8
07-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Can we just ban people this stupid?

Smh

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 08:17 PM
I was semi-watching ESPN today and I heard several analyst criticize Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley's disappointment with Durant on his decision. To the point some analysts attacked Barkley saying he did the same thing in his career while in Phoenix he couldn't get pass the Rockets two years in a row. Then he joined him.

There is one hole in that argument. Barkley joined that team after his prime and he was 33 years old. Most of those players on that Rocket's team were past their primes when he joined. Durant joined a historically good team that had the best regular season ever right in the middle of his prime and the Warriors prime.
What Barkley did is so blatantly obviously different than what KD has just done that it really isn't worth entertaining. I didn't hear the conversation, but I'm not surprised. ESPN has become a bunch of Warriors homers to the point where I've completely abandoned basically all of their daily shows and articles.

I think part of it is their trending toward an analytical way of watching basketball, so all of the math dorks on the network like Haberstroh, Elhassan, etc., just want to see how many three-pointers can be made in a game for efficiency purposes.

The other half are basically just TMZ-level celebrity hunters who are happy they're able to cover all of these really famous athletes in one place. It makes their lives easier.

The NBA has gotten really weird, and the media has followed suit.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:20 PM
What Barkley did is so blatantly obviously different than what KD has just done that it really isn't worth entertaining. I didn't hear the conversation, but I'm not surprised. ESPN has become a bunch of Warriors homers to the point where I've completely abandoned basically all of their daily shows and articles.

I think part of it is their trending toward an analytical way of watching basketball, so all of the math dorks on the network like Haberstroh, Elhassan, etc., just want to see how many three-pointers can be made in a game for efficiency purposes.

The other half are basically just TMZ-level celebrity hunters who are happy they're able to cover all of these really famous athletes in one place. It makes their lives easier.

Yep.

The way some talking heads have acted "shocked" that Barkley and SAS reacted like they did is just pathetic.

It is just hilarious. If MJ had joined up with the Pistons after the 90 loss...every single honest person in the world knows he would have been hammered for it and his legacy would never be what it is today.

End of story. It was a weak ass move.

NBAGOAT
07-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Barkley did get himself traded to Phoenix however who were pretty great even if they lost Hornacek to get Barkley. He had no help in Philadelphia however so it's not comparable either.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
I don't agree with OP's reasoning, but I do think people are being too critical.

Especially the LeBron camp. We haven't seen another player put the league on its axis like Durant has by joining an already established and formidable juggernaut, but we have seen superstars, franchise CALIBER players in their primes, team-up and attempt to be SUPER squad.

At the end of the day, its just hypocrisy. This is what the NBA is today.

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Yep.

The way some talking heads have acted "shocked" that Barkley and SAS reacted like they did is just pathetic.

It is just hilarious. If MJ had joined up with the Pistons after the 90 loss...every single honest person in the world knows he would have been hammered for it and his legacy would never be what it is today.

End of story. It was a weak ass move.
Listen bro... I'm f#cking still on cloud nine. The Warriors can win the next 5 championships and it won't take anything away from what our fanbase just experienced. And, to see my guy Kyrie, who I've been flat-out hyping on here for five years, step up the way he did? I have no reason to be angry and I'm not.

I'm still living in the afterglow of that awesome comeback.

But this is just weird. The move by Durant is weird and ESPN acting as though it is business as usual is weird. Have we really gotten to this point with free agency, where we can expect a guy who was on the verge of taking down a 73-win team with his own superteam (and OKC was that) says "oh screw it" and throws his lot in with the superteam that beat his own personal superteam?

If so, the league needs to be contracted down to about 15 teams.

I know all about how there has never been true parity in the NBA and there have always been "superteams," but none like this... We've never seen a 27-year-old guy who has already won the MVP joining a 73-win team. Hell, we've never seen a 73-win team.

Having grown up in the 80s and 90s, I just can't rap my head around this stuff.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:32 PM
I don't agree with OP's reasoning, but I do think people are being too critical.

Especially the LeBron camp. We haven't seen another player put the league on its axis like Durant has by joining an already established and formidable juggernaut, but we have seen superstars, franchise CALIBER players in their primes, team-up and attempt to be SUPER squad.

At the end of the day, its just hypocrisy.. This is what the NBA is today.

How is it hypocritical to simply say both were weak moves, but Durant's is worse because of the team he joined and because he left a top contender as well?

I don't see they hypocrisy at all in the above.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 08:34 PM
How is it hypocritical to simply say both were weak moves, but Durant's is worse because of the team he joined and because he left a top contender as well?

I don't see they hypocrisy at all in the above.

But everybody isn't saying that. :oldlol:

Only after LeBron won his titles nobody f*cking cared. That's whats hypocritical, IMO.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Listen bro... I'm f#cking still on cloud nine. The Warriors can win the next 5 championships and it won't take anything away from what our fanbase just experienced. And, to see my guy Kyrie, who I've been flat-out hyping on here for five years, step up the way he did? I have no reason to be angry and I'm not.

I'm still living in the afterglow of that awesome comeback.

But this is just weird. The move by Durant is weird and ESPN acting as though it is business as usual is weird. Have we really gotten to this point with free agency, where we can expect a guy who was on the verge of taking down a 73-win team with his own superteam (and OKC was that) says "oh screw it" and throws his lot in with the superteam that beat his own personal superteam?

If so, the league needs to be contracted down to about 15 teams.

I know all about how there has never been true parity in the NBA and there have always been "superteams," but none like this... We've never seen a 27-year-old guy who has already won the MVP joining a 73-win team. Hell, we've never seen a 73-win team.

Having grown up in the 80s and 90s, I just can't rap my head around this stuff.

Agreed.

Question for you though...

Do you trade Love? I heard Griffin admit he didn't build the best team in terms of beating the Warriors. Do you now simply have to think about just beating the Warriors if you are the Cavs?

I mean...it was bad before, but now Love and Frye are pretty much unplayable because of this. Frye already was, but Love will now be in an even tougher spot.

So...as the Cavs expert...what would you do and what do you want?

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 08:35 PM
I don't agree with OP's reasoning, but I do think people are being too critical of Durant.

At the end of the day, its just hypocrisy.. This is what the NBA is today.
It's not hypocrisy if you also criticized LeBron's move to Miami. I thought that was cowardly. I said so at the time and I'll say it still today. As a Cavs fan, it ended up working in our favor because we got Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, etc., out of his four-year departure, but I never thought a title with Miami would be even close to winning a title in Cleveland in terms of his legacy. A lot of people agreed with that, too, which is why it was so important for him to come back and do what he did this year, legacy-wise.

But, as bad as that was (and it was bad), this is 100x worse.

James, Wade and Bosh had never played a minute together in a real, competitive NBA game. That was a superteam experiment. We all thought it would turn into championships and it was successful in terms of wins/losses depending on the kind of expectations you had ... but it was absolutely not the same thing as him going to an already established title favorite.

What would we have said about LeBron if he joined San Antonio after they beat the Heat in the Finals in 2014? This is akin to that and it is comically bad.

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2016, 08:37 PM
They literally replaced the weakest link in the death line up with the 3rd highest scoring avg player in NBA history

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Klay, Steph and Durant? That's a lot of redundant talent. Now that they got rid of Barnes and Bogut...who knows? They're bloated AF in the perimeter department.

Different team. Different year. Let it play out.

I jumped the gun earlier by saying they were locks for a title. That was pretty silly considering I haven't even seen them play a game together. :lol

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:40 PM

Only after LeBron won his titles nobody f*cking cared. That's whats hypocritical, IMO.

What?

People still care after he won his titles.

I still can't figure out your issue.

You agree this is worse for the obvious reasons. You make it sound like Lebron to this day still doesn't get heat for his decision. He does...and it will come up in his legacy talk as well.

I think you are confusing the shift on Lebron. It didn't happen when he was on the Heat. It happened when he went back to the Cavs and just led them to one of the most improbable titles ever.

If Durant does something similar...he'll be in the position Lebron is now.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Lebron has gone through the hate and pressure...and came through winning without super team help multiple times now.

And now he's given an even bigger PR boost because bitch made Durant just ran to a 70 win Warriors team.

:confusedshrug:

And again...everyone with a brain still thinks Lebron's move to the Heat was a weak move. It was just far more understandable because he left a franchise that gave him dog shit to work with compared to what Durant got. Literal dog shit comparatively. Durant had like 6 rosters better than Lebron's best roster on the Cavs. And...he didn't join a proven team to play the Harrison Barnes role. He joined a team with two other great players on a team that he had to build from the ground up.

Sigh...

NBAGOAT
07-06-2016, 08:41 PM

if Durant wins MVP and a title and faces even a little adversity, I think his legacy can be improved just like Lebron's was. The worry is Curry is still going be in his prime the next 4-5 years and Durant might not even be the best player on that team. Even if he is, if he's only like a top 5 player the next few years it won't mean as much. Personally, idc too much about rings. Being the best player in the league while not winning a championship shouldn't help you as much on a GOAT list as only being a top 5 player in the league on a championship team.

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Klay, Steph and Durant? That's a lot of redundant talent. Now that they got rid of Barnes and Bogut...who knows.

Different team. Different year. Let it play out. I jumped the gun earlier by saying they were locks for a title. That was pretty silly considering I haven't even seen them play a game together. :lol

son what?

Go hea

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413988
use the responses on you

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2016, 08:42 PM
What?

I still can't figure out your issue.

You agree this is worse for the obvious reasons. You make it sound like Lebron to this day still doesn't get heat for his decision. He does...and it will come up in his legacy talk as well.

I think you are confusing the shift on Lebron. It didn't happen when he was on the Heat. It happened when he went back to the Cavs and just led them to one of the most improbable titles ever.

If Durant does something similar...he'll be in the position Lebron is now.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Lebron has gone through the hate and pressure...and came through winning without super team help multiple times now.

And now he's given an even bigger PR boost because bitch made Durant just ran to a 70 win Warriors team.

:confusedshrug:

right? Wtf is this shit?

THATS the confusing part

edit: Hes came through and overcome, and now gets the same hate again because KD is a much bigger bitch... whaaat

Young X
07-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Agreed.

Do you trade Love? I heard Griffin admit he didn't build the best team in terms of beating the Warriors. Do you now simply have to think about just beating the Warriors if you are the Cavs?

I mean...it was bad before, but now Love and Frye are pretty much unplayable because of this. Frye already was, but Love will now be in an even tougher spot.

So...as the Cavs expert...what would you do and what do you want?Get Millsap.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Get Millsap.

That would be great.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 08:45 PM
What?

That shit died down, and was only uttered and spammed by trolls.

I don't know why you keep bringing up LeBron's career post Miami. You did it in that other thread too. None of that is even relevant to what I'm saying.

I've already said there were different "degrees" to what LeBron and Durant did. But in the end, what they both did was cowardly...so...f*ck it :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Agreed.

So...as the Cavs expert...what would you do and what do you want?
I've never been a fan of putting together a team simply to beat a specific "other" team in the league and that especially goes for a Western Conference foe.

Lost in Love's inability to play against the Warriors (up until his excellent Game 7) was that he was actually having a damn good playoffs through the first three rounds.

So, no ... I'm not trying to move Love in some feeble attempt to "counter" Durant going to Golden State, because there is no counter to him doing that. Sure, maybe you look at the few dollars that we do have to spend and the TPEs that we still have to work with and keep them in mind while making additions... but this team just won the championship. Major overhauls would not be happening under my watch, and that is what trading Kevin Love would be.

That's not to say he's on my "No Trade" list. There are only two guys on this team that have proven to be untradeable... LeBron James and Kyrie Irving.

Let's say things don't go well in Chicago for the first half of the year and Jimmy Butler decides he has had enough. That's when I maybe kick the tires on a potential Love-for-Butler deal. But, I'm not trading him for role players... which probably means I'm not trading him.

I'll roll the dice with LeBron and Kyrie and whatever team Griffin builds around them against anyone. And, if Love's greatest strength is being a pillar in getting us back to The Finals and Golden State is there again? We'll just have to deal with it. I'll take getting back to The Finals, though, and seeing what happens.

Who knows... you could trade Kevin Love for spare parts that work better against Golden State and Durant blows out his knee the next day. It's a long, grueling season and almost anything can happen.

DMAVS41
Klay, Steph and Durant? That's a lot of redundant talent. Now that they got rid of Barnes and Bogut...who knows? They're bloated AF in the perimeter department.

Different team. Different year. Let it play out.

I jumped the gun earlier by saying they were locks for a title. That was pretty silly considering I haven't even seen them play a game together. :lol

You literally couldn't come up with a better combo of 3 players to play next to Draymond Green.

Redundant?

Nick Young
Because he was a game away from beating the defending champs, choked and decided to join them because he couldn't beat them.

Only an idiot or someone with an agenda cant understand this.
Or even worse-he knew he was going to join them and so played badly and lost on purpose. He doesn't have the excuse to ditch OKC and join the Warriors if he beats the Warriors in the playoffs.

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Get Millsap.
That's not the first time I've heard that call and I can't explain to you just how little sense it would make. First of all, Paul Millsap is going to be 32 next NBA season. Kevin Love is 27.

Secondly, there is one year left on Millsap's contract, whereas Kevin Love still has a minimum of three years left on his (with a player option) on what now looks like a very reasonable contract.

There are a handful of trades that would make sense for the Cavs to move Kevin Love. Paul Millsap is not one of them.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:49 PM
I've never been a fan of putting together a team simply to beat a specific "other" team in the league and that especially goes for a Western Conference foe.

Lost in Love's inability to play against the Warriors (up until his excellent Game 7) was that he was actually having a damn good playoffs through the first three rounds.

So, no ... I'm not trying to move Love in some feeble attempt to "counter" Durant going to Golden State, because there is no counter to him doing that. Sure, maybe you look at the few dollars that we do have to spend and the TPEs that we still have to work with and keep them in mind while making additions... but this team just won the championships. Major overhauls would not be happening under my watch, and that is what trading Kevin Love would be.

That's not to say he's on my "No Trade" list. There are only two guys on this team that have proven to be untradeable... LeBron James and Kyrie Irving.

Let's say things don't go well in Chicago for the first half of the year and Jimmy Butler decides he has had enough. That's when I maybe kick the tires on a potential Love-for-Butler deal. But, I'm not trading him for role players... which probably means I'm not trading him.

I'll roll the dice with LeBron and Kyrie and whatever team Griffin builds around them against anyone. And, if Love's greatest strength is being a pillar in getting us back to The Finals and Golden State is there again? We'll just have to deal with it. I'll take getting back to The Finals, though, and seeing what happens.

Who knows... you could trade Kevin Love for spare parts that work better against Golden State and Durant blows out his knee the next day. It's a long, grueling season and almost anything can happen.

I agree with most of this.

However, I think Love's trade value might be a little higher than you do. I don't think you'd have to trade him for spare parts.

Totally agree that Love played great all year and played far better defense than he gets credit for as well.

I just worry that they are close to drawing dead against the Warriors without a change...and he's obviously the guy that has to go if they make one.

NBAGOAT
07-06-2016, 08:50 PM
That would be great.

atlanta giving up Millsap for Love would be dumb as hell. He's the perfect 3rd option type. Can score without needing the ball anyway the team needs him too and is the 2nd best power forward defensively in the league after Green. Cle's defense could be top 5 with him. I got why Atlanta was shopping him when they were trying to resign Horford but still couldn't believe it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 08:50 PM
You literally couldn't come up with a better combo of 3 players to play next to Draymond Green.

Redundant?

Ummm, are you saying you want Green to do most of your playmaking? :oldlol:

lol @ people acting like this group will fit perfectly, off the bat.

Nilocon165
07-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Worst thread ever?

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:53 PM
atlanta giving up Millsap for Love would be dumb as hell. He's the perfect 3rd option type. Can score without needing the ball anyway the team needs him too and is the 2nd best power forward defensively in the league after Green. Cle's defense could be top 5 with him. I got why Atlanta was shopping him when they were trying to resign Horford but still couldn't believe it.

I'm not saying either team would do it. I was just commenting that I like what Millsap would give to the Cavs.

It is not happening because the Cavs would have to get back Millsap and quite a bit more...and the Hawks wouldn't want that anyway.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Ummm, are you saying you want Green to do most of your playmaking? :oldlol:

lol @ people acting like this group will fit perfectly, off the bat.

What? I don't think you understand.

It is about Green being able to play center with Durant at the 4. They are going to be impossible to stop.

The Warriors of last year were nearly impossible to stop....they get good shots almost every time. And that was with Barnes...other teams were okay with him getting looks.

Now imagine that is Durant out there. Not only will he draw a ton more attention, but he can abuse teams that switch...just destroy them.

He will also make the defense better with his length and athleticism.

I'm sorry, but this is getting stupid...he's taking over for Harrison Barnes...on a team that was a couple bad breaks away from winning back to back titles and just set the wins record.

It is a joke...

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2016, 08:56 PM

Redundant?

dudes lost it

he said hed be a casual from now on, guess he is already

NBAGOAT
07-06-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm not saying either team would do it. I was just commenting that I like what Millsap would give to the Cavs.

It is not happening because the Cavs would have to get back Millsap and quite a bit more...and the Hawks wouldn't want that anyway.

I see, I agree then. It's just if I was Atlanta, I wouldn't even do a straight up trade unless I was absolutely sure he's leaving.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 08:58 PM
I see, I agree then. It's just if I was Atlanta, I wouldn't even do a straight up trade unless I was absolutely sure he's leaving.

And the Cavs wouldn't do it unless they got Millsap and a quite a bit more because of Love's great contract situation (imo)...

Just like that style of player against the Warriors for a variety of reasons.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 09:01 PM
What? I don't think you understand.

It is about Green being able to play center with Durant at the 4. They are going to be impossible to stop.

The Warriors of last year were nearly impossible to stop....they get good shots almost every time. And that was with Barnes...other teams were okay with him getting looks.

They'll have to get used to sharing shots with each other as well. Curry, Thompson and Durant all have similar skillsets.

Look, I never said that it wouldn't work or that they're not winning titles, only that it'll take some time.

You're acting like its plug-and-play...success! That's not how basketball games are played. I almost want to guarantee its gonna be a lot like how Miami started back in 2011, except in a tougher conference.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 09:02 PM
They're gonna be undersized AF too. They'll have to get used to sharing shots with each other as well. Curry, Thompson and Durant all have similar skillsets.

Look, I never said that it wouldn't work or that they're not winning titles, only that it'll take some time.

You're acting like its plug-and-play...success. That's not how basketball games are played. I almost want to guarantee its gonna be a lot like how Miami started back in 2011, except in a tougher conference.

It is the closest thing to plug and play we've ever seen at this level. And even that is selling it short...because Durant is literally 5 times as good as Barnes.

What do you mean undersized? That lineup with Durant instead of Barnes is bigger.

Durant is bigger than Barnes...

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 09:03 PM
I agree with most of this.

However, I think Love's trade value might be a little higher than you do. I don't think you'd have to trade him for spare parts.

Totally agree that Love played great all year and played far better defense than he gets credit for as well.

I just worry that they are close to drawing dead against the Warriors without a chance...and he's obviously the guy that has to go.
Everyone is drawing dead against the Warriors right now in "basketball theory" land. I still haven't seen how it is actually going to look. I'm going to guess f#cking unstoppable, but I need to at least see how they do it before I start talking about whether or not KLove has a place on the floor against them.

Their one weak spot is inside. Pachulia and West were great gets, especially at the pay rate they got them at, but both are also old and neither are rim protectors. I'm wondering if maybe the best way to attack them isn't to try to match their perimeter game (you can't do that). Maybe it is to pound them inside. Love could help with that both on the block and as a rebounder.

I also think Bogut was bigger to their success last season than most people credit him for. He didn't play a ton of minutes, but his rim protection and banging style inside set teams up for their finesse lineups that they'd use later in the game. It was hard for teams to matchup with that kind of versatility.

I don't know man... all of my years of basketball experience tells me that there isn't much we can do roster-wise.

A very real step in matching up better with Golden State which I think is a distinct possibility is Kyrie taking the next step over the next year or two. He's just starting to enter maybe the beginning of his prime and who knows how good he could potentially get.

Tristan could also improve his all-around game... he's still very young.

I think that is probably the only route to "catching" Golden State ... the guys already on the roster cranking it up a few notches. And maybe Love finally finding a way to consistently fit. :confusedshrug:

bdreason
07-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Same team was 20-1 odds coming into their championship season. People were calling their championship a fluke at the start of last season. Then they win 73 games and they're the most stacked team of all-time.

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 09:08 PM
He's going to be 32. Love is 27.

Love averaged 19/13 and shot 48% from three in a sweep of the Hawks. What am I missing, here? The age and contract thing alone is enough to cross it off the list. Even if Millsap re-signs, it is going to be for some absurd contract.

I don't get it.

Yes, I know he's a good player and an underrated defender. He could also completely fall off the cliff at any moment. And, we've all seen how good Love can be in a different system where he has more freedom.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 09:09 PM
It is the closest thing to plug and play we've ever seen at this level. And even that is selling it short...because Durant is literally 5 times as good as Barnes.

What do you mean undersized? That lineup with Durant instead of Barnes is bigger.

Durant is bigger than Barnes...

Yeah...I had edited that out. Read your post incorrectly.

Everything else I am sure on though. We've seen it countless times with players who have redundant skills.

I don't even care enough to debate this, tho. On paper...they should be favorites. We still have to actually watch the games though....obviously.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Everyone is drawing dead against the Warriors right now in "basketball theory" land. I still haven't seen how it is actually going to look. I'm going to guess f#cking unstoppable, but I need to at least see how they do it before I start talking about whether or not KLove as a place on the floor against them.

Their one weak spot is inside. Pachulia and West were great gets, especially at the pay rate they got them at, but both are also old and neither are rim protectors. I'm wondering if maybe the best way to attack them isn't to try to match their perimeter game (you can't do that). Maybe it is to pound them inside. Love could help with that both on the block and as a rebounder.

I also think Bogut was bigger to their success last season than most people credit him for. He didn't play a ton of minutes, but his rim protection and banging style inside set teams up for their finesse lineups that they'd use later in the game. It was hard for teams to matchup with that kind of versatility.

I don't know man... all of my years of basketball experience tells me that there isn't much we can do roster-wise.

A very real step in matching up better with Golden State which I think is a distinct possibility is Kyrie taking the next step over the next year or two. He's just starting to enter maybe the beginning of his prime and who knows how good he could potentially get.

Tristan could also improve his all-around game... he's still very young.

I think that is probably the only route to "catching" Golden State ... the guys already on the roster cranking it up a few notches. And maybe Love finally finding a way to consistently fit. :confusedshrug:

Definitely agree most of the teams are dead, but the Cavs happen to be the one team that isn't with some potential moves imo.

I agree about Bogut for sure, but the Zaza replacement for them is huge. He won't be Bogut, but he will make a nice impact in his minutes and won't kill them like Andy did.

I also agree that the best way to beat them is to punish them inside...the problem is that there is basically only 1 player that can really do that.....Cousins.

If I was running the Cavs...that is the guy I'd be pushing hard for.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah...I had edited that out. Read your post incorrectly.

Everything else I am sure on though. We've seen it countless times with players who have redundant skills.

I don't even care enough to debate this.

On paper, they should be favorites. We still have to actually watch the games though....obviously.

They don't have redundant skills. Like...at all.

And we've never seen a team like this before...ever.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 09:13 PM
They don't have redundant skills. Like...at all.

And we've never seen a team like this before...ever.

Klay, Steph and KD all play similar.

Do you....disagree with that? :confusedshrug:

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Klay, Steph and KD all play similar.

Do you....disagree with that? :confusedshrug:

Yes...I disagree with that.

They have complimentary games...not redundant games.

FLDFSU
07-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Kevin Durant would not have joined two years ago. That's the point.

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Definitely agree most of the teams are dead, but the Cavs happen to be the one team that isn't with some potential moves imo.

I agree about Bogut for sure, but the Zaza replacement for them is huge. He won't be Bogut, but he will make a nice impact in his minutes and won't kill them like Andy did.

I also agree that the best way to beat them is to punish them inside...the problem is that there is basically only 1 player that can really do that.....Cousins.

If I was running the Cavs...that is the guy I'd be pushing hard for.
Yeah, people are talking about Cousins over on RCF. If only the Cavs could get Steven Adams somehow. lol

Cousins is such a nutcase, though ... can he be counted on to be a pillar on a title contender? I trust his talent. Not sure I trust his brain.

But, I will disagree with one point you made... I don't think he's the only one that can kill them inside, because I think they could be pillaged on the boards by guys like Tristan, Love and even LeBron.

There is one way of being pounded in the paint and that's what you're talking about ... get a big man, put him in the post and go to work. There's another way ... just brutalize them on the glass. The Cavs are closer to being that kind of team than doing it with finesse.

bizil
07-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Many analysts on TV fail to REALIZE timing is EVERYTHING!! When u look at ALL THE FACTORS in this equation, this type of superstar FA signing is UNPRECEDENTED in American sports. It's not about KD leaving.. It's not about forming a super team.... It's about the way he left OKC!!

When it came to Pierce, Allen, and KG, they formed a Big 3 IN ORDER to make Boston a contender. They were coming to the end of their prime years and had to pull the trigger.

When it comes to Bron joining Miami, he did ALL HE COULD DO with the Cavs. Those teams OVERACHEIVED big time with Bron. But Bron ALSO saw the Cavs were gonna regress. The best players he played with were guys like Jamison, Mo Williams, Big Z, etc. So similar to the Boston Big 3, Bron, Wade, and Bosh joined up TO MAKE Miami a contender.

In KD's case, he had GS down 3-1 in the WCF. He was on a team BUILT to be a title contender for the next 6-8 years. He played alongside a top 5 PG peak wise of all time in Russ. YET KD left to join the team THAT STOLE HIS SHINE DIRECTLY! In one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA history. KD leaving is MUCH MORE in the vein of jumping on the bandwagon than Bron, Ray, KG, Mailman, GP, etc.

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Many analysts on TV fail to REALIZE timing is EVERYTHING!! When u look at ALL THE FACTORS in this equation, this type of superstar FA signing is UNPRECEDENTED in American sports. It's not about KD leaving.. It's not about forming a super team.... It's about the way he left OKC!!

When it came to Pierce, Allen, and KG, they formed a Big 3 IN ORDER to make Boston a contender. They were coming to the end of their prime years and had to pull the trigger.

When it comes to Bron joining Miami, he did ALL HE COULD DO with the Cavs. Those teams OVERACHEIVED big time with Bron. But Bron ALSO saw the Cavs were gonna regress. The best players he played with were guys like Jamison, Mo Williams, Big Z, etc. So similar to the Boston Big 3, Bron, Wade, and Bosh joined up TO MAKE Miami a contender.

In KD's case, he had GS down 3-1 in the WCF. He was on a team BUILT to be a title contender for the next 6-8 years. He played alongside a top 5 PG peak wise of all time in Russ. YET KD left to join the team THAT STOLE HIS SHINE DIRECTLY! In one of the biggest choke jobs in American sports history. KD leaving is MUCH MORE in the vein of jumping on the bandwagon than Bron, Ray, KG, Mailman, GP, etc.
Summed up nicely. I like the caps lock for emphasis purposes. :oldlol:

NBAGOAT
He's going to be 32. Love is 27.

Love averaged 19/13 and shot 48% from three in a sweep of the Hawks. What am I missing, here? The age and contract thing alone is enough to cross it off the list. Even if Millsap re-signs, it is going to be for some absurd contract.

I don't get it.

Yes, I know he's a good player and an underrated defender. He could also completely fall off the cliff at any moment. And, we've all seen how good Love can be in a different system where he has more freedom.

I'm not as worried about the age since he looks pretty good athleticism wise still. It's just his defense isn't just underrated, it's elite and definitely all-nba level. Also he just fits better as a secondary option with his jack of all trades skill set and always has. Him and Lebron on defense when giving full effort is frightening honestly, two guys with some of the best hands in the league.

DMAVS41
Yeah, people are talking about Cousins over on RCF. If only the Cavs could get Steven Adams somehow. lol

Cousins is such a nutcase, though ... can he be counted on to be a pillar on a title contender? I trust his talent. Not sure I trust his brain.

But, I will disagree with one point you made... I don't think he's the only one that can kill them inside, because I think they could be pillaged on the boards by guys like Tristan, Love and even LeBron.

There is one way of being pounded in the paint and that's what you're talking about ... get a big man, put him in the post and go to work. There's another way ... just brutalize them on the glass. The Cavs are closer to being that kind of team than doing it with finesse.

Well yes to the bold.

I think worry is...how do you stop them enough when they replaced the guy that shot 5/32 the last 3 games of the finals...with Kevin Durant.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Yes...I disagree with that.

They have complimentary games...not redundant games.

So you also think they'll be great from jump street? Games 1 thru 82, no adjustments and just savagery?

Damn.

Maybe I'm not seeing what you are, but it'll be interesting to watch regardless.

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 09:24 PM
Well yes to the bold.

I think worry is...how do you stop them enough when they replaced the guy that shot 5/32 the last 3 games of the finals...with Kevin Durant.
Yeah. That's the part I'm struggling with too. And, I think I speak for the other 29 franchises. :oldlol:

You almost have to go old-school, slow the game to a crawl, try to goad them into ISOing and just relentlessly pound them inside with LeBron and Kyrie slashing, go all out on the offensive glass, really rough them up, and hit them with the occasional drive-and-kick to an open JR, Kyrie or Love when they try to overcompensate.

At this point, that's the formula I've come up with. Probably won't work.

warriorfan
07-06-2016, 09:24 PM
If you think what Kevin Durant did was bad

In reality, what LeBron did was worse

LeBron left his hometown team to join the players with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league (Wade and Bosh)

https://s31.postimg.org/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

That would be the same as Curry leaving his hometown to join OKC (joining with the 2nd and 4th highest PER)

https://s31.postimg.org/japo0i0yz/King_Curry.png

KiiiiNG
07-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Yeah. That's the part I'm struggling with too. And, I think I speak for the other 29 franchises. :oldlol:

You almost have to go old-school, slow the game to a crawl, try to goad them into ISOing and just relentlessly pound them inside with LeBron and Kyrie slashing, go all out on the offensive glass, really rough them up, and hit them with the occasional drive-and-kick to an open JR, Kyrie or Love when they try to overcompensate.

At this point, that's the formula I've come up with. Probably won't work.
It won't. Enjoy your one and only championship.

RedBlackAttack
07-06-2016, 09:26 PM
It won't. Enjoy your one and only championship.
I definitely will. :cheers:

warriorfan
07-06-2016, 09:27 PM
It won't. Enjoy your one and only *championship.

I agree

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 09:27 PM
So you also think they'll be great from jump street? Games 1 thru 82, no adjustments and just savagery?

Damn.

Maybe I'm not seeing what you are, but it'll be interesting to watch regardless.

Why do they have to be great from game 1 on for it to be a great fit?

Of course there will be adjustments playing with a new player and new team.

That doesn't make them redundant. Redundant is when Wade/Lebron team up and play styles that conflict a bit because they really need the ball in their hands to make an optimal impact.

That just isn't the case with Curry/Klay/Durant. Certainly it isn't the case with Curry/Klay...they complement each other perfectly. Durant just adds to that...he's an elite shooter from pretty much everywhere and can abuse most good defenders in the league 1 on 1. He is going to draw a ton of attention and other teams won't have the option of leaving him like they did Barnes.

That won't work.

So you have 3 guys that have a huge impact off the ball and can stretch the defense out to well beyond three point range. Klay can post up smaller guys on the switch and Durant can abuse mismatches.

Durant also adds length and size on defense to the death lineup that Barnes didn't have.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that plugging in Durant for Barnes makes a team much better.

You realize they can be much better and win like 63 games...right?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Why do they have to be great from game 1 on for it to be a great fit?

Of course there will be adjustments playing with a new player and new team.

That doesn't make them redundant. Redundant is when Wade/Lebron team up and play styles that conflict a bit because they really need the ball in their hands to make an optimal impact.

That just isn't the case with Curry/Klay/Durant. Certainly it isn't the case with Curry/Klay...they complement each other perfectly. Durant just adds to that...he's an elite shooter from pretty much everywhere and can abuse most good defenders in the league 1 on 1. He is going to draw a ton of attention and other teams won't have the option of leaving him like they did Barnes.

That won't work.

So you have 3 guys that have a huge impact off the ball and can stretch the defense out to well beyond three point range. Klay can post up smaller guys on the switch and Durant can abuse mismatches.

Durant also adds length and size on defense to the death lineup that Barnes didn't have.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that plugging in Durant for Barnes makes a team much better.

You realize they can be much better and win like 63 games...right?

I get all that. And agree with most of it.

Durant is coming from a team where he had the ball in his hands A LOT, however. Everything in OKC was a f*cking ISO. He's great off ball, but didn't play the way Steph and Klay do religiously.

And that's gonna take a lot of adjusting to.

Their skillsets are similar in that they're...shooters. Remember Durant throwing up wild bricks against Golden State? Steph did the same thing in Game 7 this past finals because neither of them are comfortable in the post. Having both of them on the court with Klay will free up a lot of defensive attention, sure, but its on Durant to really get into the swing of things and adapt.

Again...not saying it wont work. Only that it'll take time.

You're making it sound like there wont be any adjustments and that its rape and pillage starting opening night. :oldlol:

stephanieg
07-06-2016, 09:42 PM
If things were different, things would be different.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 09:42 PM
I get all that. And agree with most of it.

Durant is coming from a team where he had the ball in his hands a lot, tho. Everything in OKC was seemingly ISO. He's great off ball, but didn't play that way like Steph and Klay did religiously.

And that's gonna take a lot of adjusting.

Their skillsets are similar in that they're...shooters. Remember Durant throwing up wild bricks against Golden State? Steph did the same thing in Game 7 this past finals because neither of them are comfortable with their backs to the basket, or in the post. Having both of them on the court with Klay will free up a lot of defensive attention, but its on Durant to really get into the swing of the Warriors play style.

Again...not saying it wont work. Only that it'll take time.

You're making it sound like there wont be any adjustments and that its rape and pillage starting opening night. :oldlol:

I've never said the bold at all. I said they aren't redundant.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 09:47 PM
[/B]

I've never said the bold at all. I said they aren't redundant.

Not literally, but when I told you its not just "plug-and-play", and that they gotta actually PLAY THE GAMES, you responded with it being the "closest thing next to it".

I don't think its unfair to say that it'll take time BUT they'll eventually figure it out. Like I said, its really not worth debating. :confusedshrug:

Peace.

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Not literally, but when I told you its not just "plug-and-play", and that they gotta actually play the games, you responded with it being the "closest thing next to it".

I don't think its unfair to say that it'll take time, but they'll eventually figure it out. Like I said, its really not worth debating. :confusedshrug:

Peace.

Well...I really don't know what you are arguing. First you say they are redundant...now you are saying it is not plug and play.

You realize that those two things are separate issues.

Nobody thinks they will be firing on all cylinders game 1. If that is your point...you literally won't find anyone in the world disagreeing with it.

If your point is that those three guys have redundant skill sets in a problematic way...I could not disagree more.

Young X
07-06-2016, 09:50 PM
It won't. Enjoy your one and only championship.Warriors could win the next 5 titles.

Still won't mean as much as the Cavs' "one and only" championship.

No real basketball fans and true competitors will give a f*ck about those weak ass rings.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Well...I really don't know what you are arguing. First you say they are redundant...now you are saying it is not plug and play.

You realize that those two things are separate issues.

Nobody thinks they will be firing on all cylinders game 1. If that is your point...you literally won't find anyone in the world disagreeing with it.

If your point is that those three guys have redundant skill sets in a problematic way...I could not disagree more.

I mentioned both dude.

Plug-and-play would mean it working from the start, or at least by my definition, and that Durant/KD/Curry have to adapt to each other because they play too similar (shooters first). KD having to do the most adjusting because of what he ran and how he played in OKC.

Its all gravy. tho. I'm not trying to get sucked into a long-ass debate over this. We just disagree on minor shit. We both agree they're gonna run a train on the league. Everybody does.

AintNoSunshine
07-06-2016, 10:14 PM

Yeah, I can't stand these geeks. What's the fun in treating an emotional SPORT like math?

I am sure neither Haberstroh or Elhassan has played basketball in their lives.

Nilocon165
08-16-2016, 03:23 PM
:roll: :roll: Dumbass

warriorfan
08-16-2016, 03:26 PM
LeKarma

tmacattack33
08-16-2016, 03:29 PM

Wait a minute...what?

Okay, okay, let me try to re-read what you said to figure out what you are trying to say....

...nope, still don't get it.

warriorfan
08-16-2016, 03:31 PM
If you think what Kevin Durant did was bad

In reality, what LeBron did was worse

LeBron left his team to join the players with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league (Wade and Bosh)

https://s31.postimg.org/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

That would be the same as Curry leaving his team to join Kevin Durant AND Russell Westbrook OKC (joining with the 2nd and 4th highest PER)

https://s31.postimg.org/japo0i0yz/King_Curry.png

feyki
08-16-2016, 03:40 PM
If don't like a post or a thread , just ignore . You don't have rights for insult anybody . It's crime . You could have some trouble for this , if the guy suing you .

I think there aren't many people aware of that situation .

MintBerryCrunch
08-16-2016, 03:46 PM

Really? Because joining them in 2014 would have been a gamble that paid off. Joining them now is joining a sure thing like a coward.

MintBerryCrunch
08-16-2016, 03:47 PM
If don't like a post or a thread , just ignore . You don't have rights for insult anybody . It's crime .
I think you are a moron and it is not a crime for me to say that.

feyki
08-16-2016, 03:48 PM
I think you are a moron and it is not a crime for me to say that.

Yes , it's . But i'm too lazy or busy for working on this .

MintBerryCrunch
08-16-2016, 03:57 PM
My god, you truly are a moron. You just failed at typing two sentences in a row and you continue to be wrong.

Spurs m8
08-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Why is op so unintelligent?

He knows the reasons...

These threads are so stupid

CarlosBoozer
08-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Can you delete OP?
Thanks Jeff!

bdreason
08-16-2016, 04:55 PM
I don't think it's fair to say the 2015/16 Warriors just "added" Kevin Durant. We traded Barnes, Bogut, Barbosa, Ezili, Rush, and Speights for Kevin Durant. Not saying I wouldn't make that trade, but with that loss of depth, this team won't even come close to 70 wins. I'd guess they finish with 60-62 wins tops.

clipps
08-16-2016, 05:06 PM
What's scary is that OP isn't even trolling.

clipps
08-16-2016, 05:09 PM
You're a ****ing idiot and I will countersue you for pain and suffering.

DirkNowitzki41
08-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Cmon OP. You arent this retarded.. right? Jesus christ