PDA

View Full Version : I hope Pat Riley is on the phone with Sam Presti right now

Chuckbrook
07-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Miami absolutely has to get OKC on the phone right now. Westbrook to Miami makes a lot of sense. They can use Dragic as the main piece and throw some other bullshit in for Westbrook. Please get this done. OKC won't find a better situation in which Westbrook agrees with. Hell, OKC doesn't appreciate Westbrook anyway.

I can't wait to become a Miami Heat fan. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

-Brook

Nick Young
07-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Westbrook is coming to LAL to carry on Magic's legacy.

ISHGoat
07-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Westbrook is coming to LAL to carry on Magic's legacy.
Why would you want Westbrook to get HIV?

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 10:07 PM
I don't think the Heat have enough.

Didn't they trade a couple future firsts already?

Dragic/Winslow isn't enough.

DaSeba5
07-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Why? Start the youth movement and go get a great lottery pick and start a new chapter. Build around JRich, Winslow, and Whiteside.

Chuckbrook
07-06-2016, 10:12 PM
I don't think the Heat have enough.

Didn't they trade a couple future firsts already?

Dragic/Winslow isn't enough.
Is OKC really in a position to not take an offer like that? Westbrook could walk for absolutely nothing just like KD

-Brook

Chuckbrook
07-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Why? Start the youth movement and go get a great lottery pick and start a new chapter. Build around JRich, Winslow, and Whiteside.
You don't want a BEAST like Westbrook on this Miami squad? :confusedshrug:

-Brook

DaSeba5
07-06-2016, 10:18 PM
You don't want a BEAST like Westbrook on this Miami squad? :confusedshrug:

-Brook

Not in a trade. Go after him next year in FA.

Chuckbrook
07-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Good point, I guess I just want Westbrook out of OKC as fast as possible.

-Brook

r15mohd
07-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Dragic, McBob, and maybe Richardson for Westbrook (if try hardest to keep Winslow and Richarson tho)

We get Westbrook on a 1yr and hope we can convince him to a long term deal in 2017

Worth the risk - actually prefer it and not being stuck with dragic's long term deal

SwishSquared
07-06-2016, 10:32 PM
I think the Heat own their 2017 pick. They may as well tank HARD next season and try to reload in FA. Wonder if they can work out a deal to send Dragic to the Kings even, since they need a PG.

plowking
07-06-2016, 10:34 PM
OKC has a better shot at doing anything than Miami does. They are far more talented. Not sure why WB would want to come here.

Another thing, it is quite apparent he wants to go to LA. He only has 1 year left. Do you take the risk? Or do the Heat get his bird rights, etc?

r15mohd
07-06-2016, 10:35 PM

I dunno - I rather take the bait and trade for Westbrook now, ease him into the culture and give the Heat a better leverage in resigning him rather than just pitching to him next summer

It's a win-win for Miami, if we get Westbrook via trade and he stays long term after - great! If we get him via trade and he walks, great again since dragic long term contract is gone and we have more room next summer

DMAVS41
07-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Is OKC really in a position to not take an offer like that? Westbrook could walk for absolutely nothing just like KD

-Brook

Dragic/Winslow?

Ugh...of course they are. That offer sucks.

DaSeba5
07-06-2016, 10:36 PM
I dunno - I rather take the bait and trade for Westbrook now, ease him into the culture and give the Heat a better leverage in resigning him rather than just pitching to him next summer

It's a win-win for Miami, if we get Westbrook via trade and he stays long yearn after - great! If we get him via trade and he walks, great again since dragic long term contract is gone and we have more room next aummer

I don't know if we have enough to get him, but I'm on board with it as long as we don't trade Richardson or Winslow.

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Heat don't have enough for Westbrook.

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2016, 10:38 PM

-Brook
LOL.

Look at all the recent trades of superstars...It'll take a lot more than freaking Dragic and Winslow:lol

Cold soul
07-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Westbrook is LA bound. :cheers:

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2016, 10:39 PM
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/750881519690870784

:roll:

DaSeba5
07-06-2016, 10:41 PM
I would think Whiteside would be happy with being the best player and #1 guy on the team (assuming Bosh is unhealthy).

r15mohd
07-06-2016, 10:44 PM
I don't know if we have enough to get him, but I'm on board with it as long as we don't trade Richardson or Winslow.

Yea that's the kicker - OKC won't agree unless we give up one. Riley would have to pull magic to keep Winslow and Richardson. Those are such great young talents, it would hurt me more to lose them knowing their upside is huge given what they've done as rookies

Hopefully Riley can keep both and get Westbrook

Chuckbrook
07-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Dragic/Winslow?

Ugh...of course they are. That offer sucks.

LOL.

Look at all the recent trades of superstars...It'll take a lot more than freaking Dragic and Winslow:lol
I've been under the impression that teams don't give up much for 1 year rentals. Especially when a player has told them that he doesn't plan on resigning to a long term deal (me speculating) but I'm sure you guys know better than I do. :cheers:

-Brook

r15mohd
07-06-2016, 10:46 PM
LOL.

Well OKC can stick it out and not trade and just lose Weatbrook for nothing in return :confusedshrug:

DaSeba5
07-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Yea that's the kicker - OKC won't agree unless we give up one. Riley would have to pull magic to keep Winslow and Richardson. Those are such great young talents, it would hurt me more to lose them knowing their upside is huge given what they've done as rookies

Hopefully Riley can keep both and get Westbrook

That's too risky for a guy who could leave next year. Our best bet is just to roll with the youth movement.

InsanityKills
07-06-2016, 10:50 PM
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/750881519690870784

:roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

r15mohd
07-06-2016, 11:01 PM
That's too risky for a guy who could leave next year. Our best bet is just to roll with the youth movement.

The risk is worth it - he's a top5 player and I am more comfortable in trying to resign him while playing for the Heat for a year rather than woo-Ing him in the summer.

In looking at the 2017FA class - it's better they give up Winslow, more Quality SF available rather than PGs. Best they keep Richardson out the trade in case Westbrook walks

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2016, 11:11 PM
I've been under the impression that teams don't give up much for 1 year rentals. Especially when a player has told them that he doesn't plan on resigning to a long term deal (me speculating) but I'm sure you guys know better than I do. :cheers:

-Brook
Yep. Just look at Carmelo!

PJR
07-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Want zero part of Westbrook.

We looking at Paul George in 2018 to pair with Richardson, Winslow, and Whiteside.

SwishSquared
07-06-2016, 11:14 PM
Dragic/Winslow?

Ugh...of course they are. That offer sucks.Yeah they'd call teams like Philly/Boston/LAL/Phoenix (maybe Minny) before they reach out to Miami imo.

RRR3
07-06-2016, 11:17 PM
And how would we get Westbrook without them? :lol

Getting Westbrook would somewhat make me feel better after losing Wade but it's not gonna happen

alanLA92
07-06-2016, 11:57 PM

-Brook

They can get a better deal for him. Not to mention he prob doesn't sign a extension unless he is traded to LA, where he seems to want to go.

bobopenguin
07-07-2016, 12:23 AM
Why would you want Westbrook to get HIV?

and he is still banging more chicks than u. he will probably bang more guys than u too.

boldarblood
07-07-2016, 12:49 AM
So funny to see so many fans thinking they can trade hot garbage for Westbrook. I am a Lakers fan and see it on Lakers forums and on here, lets give up are garbage, keep our youth, trade for top 5 player Westbrook. Now see it here. Why would OKC take garbage for him. Better to let him walk away than take multi year sh!t players.
you want want to trade for WB, make it worthwhile. you need to offer your top young players.