PDA

View Full Version : What the f*ck did Riley do??????????????

derb2k2
07-06-2016, 10:17 PM
kdfjalksdjfl;kjdsalk;fjdslkfjadslk;fjdsklajflkd;sj flkdasjflkdjsalf;kdslkfkdlsajfl
fdsjfakdsljfkldsjafkdhjkdsfhkjds;fkljdsal;fjdklsjf lkdsj;afjdskfa

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

jbryan1984
07-06-2016, 11:29 PM
So let me get this straight. Miami had Wade, Bosh, Whiteside, Dragic and JJ right? And they didn't even play ONE game together?

bluechox2
07-06-2016, 11:30 PM
pat riley ****ed up, and its still a great day

SamuraiSWISH
07-06-2016, 11:30 PM
He's a disloyal, slime ball.

Spurs m8
07-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Who cares, Heat were overrated as f*ck anyway

r15mohd
07-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Riley gave the heat the best chance to improve the future in the shortest time possible, and not have mediocrity for a few more years and then rebuilding, prolonging the inevitable revamp

He's doing his job, team first - glad he didn't sicker into the Kobe move and paying for past success. Today and the future is what's important

DaSeba5
07-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Riley tried to build a contender quickly after LeBron left and he failed. I can't fault him for trying either.

RRR3
07-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Pat Riley gives his grandchildren off-brand sneakers for Christmas

NBAGOAT
07-06-2016, 11:36 PM

:oldlol:

bluechox2
07-06-2016, 11:36 PM
whiteside, winslow dragic....who else...?what scrub did they draft...?who was their free agent signings?

PJR
07-06-2016, 11:38 PM
Riley has done tear down and rebuilds over the course of two decades in Miami. And has come out clean EVERY TIME lol.

This will be no different.

bluechox2
07-06-2016, 11:39 PM
riley needs to get bosh looking like an allstar in the first month and quickly trade him for assets...

cus, bosh gonna keep coughing up *** from that last chip

RRR3
07-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Pat Riley buys his wife clothes at Sears

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Why do people care? This is totally the right move to make. Miami wasn't going to win it all paying wade 25 million per year. My only criticism is that he should had let bosh walked. And started the re-build right after LeBron left. But I get it, you gotta show the fans you were good without him and all that same bs the Cavs tried. They got some young talent. They need to find away to get picks tho.

DaSeba5
07-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Why do people care? This is totally the right move to make. Miami wasn't going to win it all paying wade 25 million per year. My only criticism is that he should had let bosh walked. And started the re-build right after LeBron left. But I get it, you gotta show the fans you were good without him and all that same bs the Cavs tried. They got some young talent. They need to find away to get picks tho.

This is spot on. I suppose when they resigned Bosh they didn't expect Whiteside to emerge as a max player. But Bosh was overpaid regardless.

r15mohd
07-06-2016, 11:55 PM
This is spot on. I suppose when they resigned Bosh they didn't expect Whiteside to emerge as a max player. But Bosh was overpaid regardless.

Bosh was Riley's desperation in losing Lebron and not having somewhat of a competitive team going forward - Wade lost out in this bcuz Bosh got paid and Wade took the hit in the heat resigning UD and then getting Deng.

Riley knew he could sway Wade due to his tenure moreso than losing Bosh to Houston - he had no choice but to max Bosh as that's the only way he would stay a Heat.

Should have let him walk, and rebuild from then on

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2016, 11:56 PM
This is spot on. I suppose when they resigned Bosh they didn't expect Whiteside to emerge as a max player.
Thanks, bro. Not sure what the uproar is. I don't think Riley is interested in giving Wade the Kobe max. The guy wants to move on to the next building phase. Wade is still a great player. But he isn't a #1 on a title team at this point. And he is 34. Loyalty? This is the real world, people. They offered him 2/40. More than fair. Wade did them a favor. Now Miami can move on to a new direction.

r15mohd
07-07-2016, 12:00 AM
Thanks, bro. Not sure what the uproar is. I don't think Riley is interested in giving Wade the Kobe max. The guy wants to move on to the next building phase. Wade is still a great player. But he isn't a #1 on a title team at this point. And he is 34. Loyalty? This is the real world, people. They offered him 2/40. More than fair. Wade did them a favor. Now Miami can move on to a new direction.

Loyalty never belongs with a player and team. A fan and team yes - but mostly, loyalty is for close friends and family. Should never be take into something like sports

Overblown here to exponential amounts

DaSeba5
07-07-2016, 12:02 AM

People always say the NBA is a business, then they get sentimental and upset that their favorite player left. The Heat are more important than Wade. He's my favorite player of all time, but the Heat will continue on long after he retires. And I will still be a fan. This was the right move. I'm unhappy he left because he's my favorite player, but it had to be done.

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Loyalty never belongs with a player and team. A fan and team yes - but mostly, loyalty is for close friends and family. Should never be take into something like sports

Overblown here to exponential amounts
Agreed 100%. I know it's cool to make Riley the victim. But this is GM 101. You can't let your emotions get in the way of building the best way you can.

alanLA92
07-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Riley called out Lebron to stay put. Lebron goes back to the Cavs.
Riley plays ball with Wade again. Wade goes to the Bulls.

masonanddixon
07-07-2016, 12:06 AM
Let us be honest. Miami is better off without Wade.

This fixes the backcourt situation and Goran will be back to 20-7-7 on 52% FG

PJR
07-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Let us be honest. Miami is better off without Wade.

This fixes the backcourt situation and Goran will be back to 20-7-7 on 52% FG

I hope Goran can get back to those numbers with a higher usage....Just so come February, the Heat can DUMP his ass to the highest bidder, and get those picks back :applause:

jrong
07-07-2016, 12:57 AM
Played an ongoing game of chicken for consecutive years with one of the all-time-greats and finally lost.

Overestimated his proficiency as a G.M. He had a respectable G.M. career until 2003. Only after the Heat drafted Wade (which wasn't Riley's preference), did he become HOF-worthy as an executive, since Wade was the lynch-pin for all the success that followed.

Overestimated his ability to recruit free agents without Wade's personal relationship ties.

Like a poker player on tilt, kept chasing to get his card (Durant) on the river when the Heat should have gotten out of the hand as soon as they realized how expensive it and they would have to max Whiteside. Instead, they should have focused on protecting their chip stack (namely Wade).

Disrespected a player who is motivated by disrespect and basically communicated to him that it's not just the sports world who doesn't appreciate you. The Miami Heat don't either.

I am still upset about Wade's decision, but you can't put this on him. This isn't like LBJ leaving after a Finals loss. This was the franchise icon, who had done everything asked of him and so much much more, and Riley's hubris drove him out of town. Heat fans don't like to hear it, but I've always considered him an overrated G.M. This crystallizes it.

r15mohd
07-07-2016, 01:07 AM
Far from overrated - Zo and Timmy deals, Shaq trade, Big3 and has 3 titles and 5 finals appearances to show for it.

This is the best move for both parties - Miami can rebuild and Wade gets his $$$

Patrick Chewing
07-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Pat the Rat. High-tailed it out of New York cause he couldn't beat Michael. Went down to South Beach where he was out of the limelight for a few years while he had Zo and Tim Hardaway and then he pushes Stan Van Gundy out of the coaches chair to win a title with Shaq.

****ing rat.

PejaNowitzki
07-07-2016, 01:23 AM
Riley gave the heat the best chance to improve the future in the shortest time possible, and not have mediocrity for a few more years and then rebuilding, prolonging the inevitable revamp

He's doing his job, team first - glad he didn't sicker into the Kobe move and paying for past success. Today and the future is what's important

The Heat still owe 2 1st rounders to the Suns for Dragic. 1 is Top 3 protected and 1 is unprotected.

Hey Yo
07-07-2016, 01:42 AM
The Heat still owe 2 1st rounders to the Suns for Dragic. 1 is Top 3 protected and 1 is unprotected.
Nice info.....will def get brought up again during the Heat upcoming tank job.

coin24
07-07-2016, 02:01 AM

If dragic bothered to show up more than once or twice a series the heat would have made the ecf.. :facepalm

Ramiah
07-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Pat Riley done ****ed up....

jrong
07-07-2016, 02:09 AM
Far from overrated - Zo and Timmy deals, Shaq trade, Big3 and has 3 titles and 5 finals appearances to show for it.

Everything in bold is directly attributable to Wade. Without Wade, there is no return to the 04 playoffs, no Shaq, no 05 run, no 06 title, no LBJ/ Bosh, no 2012/ 2013 titles and probably no Riley because he probably would have left the Heat organization a long time ago. Riley's legacy as a G.M. was crafted in the Wade-era. It was pretty ordinary before that.

On top of that, the only reason Wade was even drafted was because Riley was outvoted by others in the Heat brass. Pat wanted Chris Kaman. And Wade would have been drafted by Chicago anyway if the Bulls were willing to give up Donyell Marshall. The teams would have swapped draft picks. Chicago finally undid that mistake today.

Megabox!
07-07-2016, 02:18 AM
:lol

SamuraiSWISH
07-07-2016, 02:28 AM
Everything in bold is directly attributable to Wade. Without Wade, there is no return to the 04 playoffs, no Shaq, no 05 run, no 06 title, no LBJ/ Bosh, no 2012/ 2013 titles and probably no Riley because he probably would have left the Heat organization a long time ago. Riley's legacy as a G.M. was crafted in the Wade-era. It was pretty ordinary before that.

On top of that, the only reason Wade was even drafted was because Riley was outvoted by others in the Heat brass. Pat wanted Chris Kaman. And Wade would have been drafted by Chicago anyway if the Bulls were willing to give up Donyell Marshall. The teams would have swapped draft picks. Chicago finally undid that mistake today.
Very good post. And actually I thought prior to the Jay Williams bike accident, we were going to trade him to move up a spot in the draft because we had Jamal Crawford improving, and we wanted Wade badly. Never heard about Marshall being involved.

Anyway, glad he's home. As he showed in the playoffs, he still has quality ball left in him.

What do you think? You're probably the biggest and most knowledgeable Wade fan I've seen. What do you expect of him next year while playing along side a stud on both ends like Jimmy and a competitor like Rondo? Going to root for him in Chi town?

I wanted this fit bad back in summer 2010. Would've loved to have seen Thibs Bulls with Wade in that lineup for the 2011 season.

Rose
Wade
Korver
Deng
Noah

Possibilities would've been endless. Better late than never.

WolfGang
07-07-2016, 02:50 AM
Do you trade for Goatbrook? I think he would fit right in at Miami.

aj1987
07-07-2016, 04:27 AM
Do you trade for Goatbrook? I think he would fit right in at Miami.
That would be ****ing amazing.

Westbrook/J-Rich
Dragic/????
Winslow/Green
Bosh/McBob/Amar'e
Whiteside/????

That team would probably get the #2 seed, if everyone's healthy. Just need to sign a backup C and a 3&D SG.

However, for all this to happen, Miami needs to spend money and pay luxury taxes. Arison is a cheap **** and won't pay. **** him.

:roll: @ r15dumbass still fondling Riley's balls.

:applause:

Someone who knows his shit. I doubt that guy would understand though.

Spurs m8
07-07-2016, 04:28 AM
Nothing Miami will be amazing.

I don't get it

jrong
07-07-2016, 04:49 AM
Very good post. And actually I thought prior to the Jay Williams bike accident, we were going to trade him to move up a spot in the draft because we had Jamal Crawford improving, and we wanted Wade badly. Never heard about Marshall being involved.

Anyway, glad he's home. As he showed in the playoffs, he still has quality ball left in him.

What do you think? You're probably the biggest and most knowledgeable Wade fan I've seen. What do you expect of him next year while playing along side a stud on both ends like Jimmy and a competitor like Rondo? Going to root for him in Chi town?

Oh, I ride or die with D-Wade. The move still burns because Wade was so inseparable from the Heat, but the only thing that could have killed my allegiance would be if he went to the Cavs, which I don't think I have to worry about with Chicago (if he went to Denver, my fear was that it was a prearranged deal that would see him traded for Love after the deadline). So yeah, you guys will have to put up with me from time to time.

If you reply to this post, I'll flesh it out more tomorrow, but here's my snap observations:

1. You probably just signed your best player (the 2016 edition anyway; we'll see about 2017)

2. If not for Rondo, I'd say you also signed your de facto point guard. Rondo's presence changes this dynamic, so it's possible Wade (and Butler) will be mostly off the ball. Nevertheless, if you haven't noticed it before, you're going to love Wade's passing ability once you see it regularly. Lopez will look better than he ever has because Wade knows how to play with bigs better than most (expect Whiteside to look noticeably worse on offense this year).

3. Wade is both a high usage player and the consummate rhythm player. Unfortunately, the two are related. He needs to be in rhythm to be maximally effective, and he needs to dominate the ball to be in rhythm. The primary factor for his "rejuvenation" the last two years was the absence of LeBron. If he's not used as a high usage player and can't regularly get into his rhythm, then he'll be far less effective and you'll regret the signing

4. Having said that, Wade is incredibly adaptable to different play styles. He played off the ball the last three years with James. And last year when the Heat went to an up-tempo offense, which is not his preference, he was still their best player.

5. Despite #1, Wade is undeniably declining. That FG% doesn't lie, even though 46% is a great season for many guards. It was his career low. Two things saved the perception of Wade's season: he closed a lot of games in the clutch and he looked more athletic than he had in years.

6. Wade played better defense than last year than he had the last few years and he can lock down in crunchtime, but the most charitable thing that can be said about his overall defense at this point is that he tries.

LBJ 23
07-07-2016, 06:02 AM
^^ Interesting how posters are openly/without a trace of bad conscience discussing being player fans only and cheering for other team when their favourite player changes team.

In the past anyone who did that with Lebron was crucified on here, I guess another thing which applies only when ''Lebron'' name comes up :confusedshrug: