View Full Version : 2017 Bulls are gonna be a weird team

RoundMoundOfReb
07-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Rondo
Wade
Butler
mirotic
Lopez

As their starting perimeter players? neither is really a 3 pt threat..and you wonder how that's gonna work in today's NBA

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2016, 11:23 PM
Defense will be really good if the backcourt stays healthy. I hope butler bas practices his 3s this offseason tho. Because rondo and wade aren't going to improve there.

CelticBaller
07-06-2016, 11:24 PM
Better be looking for three point shooters for the minimum

Though that fastbreak is looking nice

Prime_Shaq
07-06-2016, 11:29 PM
In an era of 3 point shooting, they can't shoot 3 pointers.

bluechox2
07-06-2016, 11:31 PM
bosh is like hey yo bron, Dwhislte ...where yall go?

NBAGOAT
07-06-2016, 11:31 PM
don't know about their defense being great. Wade's not what he used to be obviously. Kings fans have described Rondo's defense as close to worst in the league. Napear said Derrick Rose's defense looks like Gary Payton compared to Rondo. Just have to hope Rondo's motivated on that end.

bluechox2
07-06-2016, 11:33 PM
thibs, noah,rose, gasol are all gone...wades like..what the ****

SamuraiSWISH
07-06-2016, 11:35 PM
3 point shooting isn't the only way to score fellas. In fact it can fail you if you become dependent on it. See Golden State.

People have become obsessed with it. Fans too I see. It's needed to space the floor and keep the defense honest. It's not a crutch.

Rondo and Wade can still get to the cup at will. Which is important. Hopefully Dougie and Mirotic can help stretch the floor.

Most importantly, Rondo, Wade, and Jimmy are all tough fearless competitors. Basically the anti Warriors in every way.

beastee
07-06-2016, 11:46 PM
Three things must happen and this team will be pretty competitive:
Butler must shoot at least 40% from 3. He has to. Better be at the gym hard this summer.
Mirotic must lose the pump fake and actually shoot from distance. That is the only way they can space the floor if he starts.
McDermott needs to be the 6-7 guy in the rotation that brings instant shooting success. He has shown flashes, but this must be his breakout year.

With solid health and those 3 things actually happening this team can be an ECF threat.

At least it is better than what they were a month ago...I think. I hope.

JebronLames
07-06-2016, 11:55 PM
This is a 90's team. If that era was actually stronger than this current era, the Bulls win the championship.

PJR
07-06-2016, 11:58 PM
The Bulls are going to suck ass. Wade is turning 35, and that tendonitis is gong to flair up back in cold ass Chicago. He's going to miss a bare minimum of 20 games.

And Rondo fvcking sucks

Jimmy Butler is going to have to become Prime LeBron overnight for that team do much of anything..

If the Heat so happen match Tyler Johnson's deal, I promise the Heat will have a better record. Promise.

SamuraiSWISH
07-07-2016, 12:08 AM
PJR in a matter of hours hates Wade and thinks he's trash.

He played 74 games last year, put up 19 ppg, 5 apg, and 4 rpg. In the playoffs, 21 ppg, 4 apg, and 6 rpg. He's hardly done. One of the biggest shocks of the playoffs was how Wade looked.

Now throw in a better player on both ends playing along side him in Butler, than he had in Miami the last two year? I think that will help.

Solefade
07-07-2016, 12:10 AM
This is a 90's team. If that era was actually stronger than this current era, the Bulls win the championship.

well the rules are dramatically different

Pointguard
07-07-2016, 12:11 AM
3 point shooting isn't the only way to score fellas. In fact it can fail you if you become dependent on it. See Golden State.

People have become obsessed with it. Fans too I see. It's needed to space the floor and keep the defense honest. It's not a crutch.

Rondo and Wade can still get to the cup at will. Which is important. Hopefully Dougie and Mirotic can help stretch the floor.

Most importantly, Rondo, Wade, and Jimmy are all tough fearless competitors. Basically the anti Warriors in every way.
This.

Lopez and Portis also go hard. They will win on will power. A very different look but its a reality that is going to win.

bluechox2
07-07-2016, 12:11 AM
bulls could make it work...

SpaceJam
07-07-2016, 12:47 AM
Who knows how it will work but f^ck it. We just signed one of my favorite players ever

poido123
07-07-2016, 01:22 AM
The Bulls are going to suck ass. Wade is turning 35, and that tendonitis is gong to flair up back in cold ass Chicago. He's going to miss a bare minimum of 20 games.

And Rondo fvcking sucks

Jimmy Butler is going to have to become Prime LeBron overnight for that team do much of anything..

If the Heat so happen match Tyler Johnson's deal, I promise the Heat will have a better record. Promise.

PJR, I've never known you to write anything positive about the Bulls :oldlol:

Wade leaving must be still burning you inside...

poido123
07-07-2016, 02:24 AM
No matter how tough your team is, you need one or two snipers in your starting lineup.

Either Butler needs to improve again, or insert Mcdermott in some ball ball lineups.

The team isn't a great fit conventionally, but there's no denying that they will click competitively.

toughest starting lineup in the league.

Megabox!
07-07-2016, 02:34 AM
I can see them making it to the ECF. Bron and Wade will finally face off in the playoffs

Poetry
07-07-2016, 03:17 AM

If Wade and Rondo were younger, this team could win a title. I think we'll be competitive though.

Nike D'Antoni
07-07-2016, 03:50 AM
Rondo & Butler are one of best in their position in defending, so is Wade.
PEOPLE talking of spacing & shooting, but ignoring that this team can be very good defensively. So they might not score 100, but they can damn sure hold a team below 90.

scandisk_
07-07-2016, 04:01 AM
If Wade and Rondo were younger, this team could win a title. I think we'll be competitive though.

how's the bench? :mad:

Smoke117
07-07-2016, 04:03 AM
PJR in a matter of hours hates Wade and thinks he's trash.

He played 74 games last year, put up 19 ppg, 5 apg, and 4 rpg. In the playoffs, 21 ppg, 4 apg, and 6 rpg. He's hardly done. One of the biggest shocks of the playoffs was how Wade looked.

Now throw in a better player on both ends playing along side him in Butler, than he had in Miami the last two year? I think that will help.

**** you , bitch...you had nothing good to say about Wade till he joined the BUlls, you are full of shit mother ****er.

poido123
07-07-2016, 04:11 AM
So we lost rose, a hobbled Noah, geriatric Gasol and Dunleavy, and coke can calderon.

We gained Wade, got rondo and lopez on decent contracts, gained a young piece with potential Grant, and only committed 2 years max on incoming players which gives us excellent flexibility in 2 years. Not only that, we retooled and remain competitive instead of a tank situation.

Bulls take a major W in free agency. A management that I often criticise have really done well this time.

:applause:

SpaceJam
07-07-2016, 04:29 AM
how's the bench? :mad:

Our bench still has some solid pieces, Taj/Niko depends which one starts, Doug I'm hoping will improve, Snell kind of a bum but ehh, D Valentine we will see, Felicio and Portis looking like decent bigs off the bench

aj1987
07-07-2016, 04:39 AM
**** you , bitch...you had nothing good to say about Wade till he joined the BUlls, you are full of shit mother ****er.
Swish always liked Wade. :confusedshrug:

poido123
07-07-2016, 05:18 AM
Swish always liked Wade. :confusedshrug:

You would be hard pressed to find a Chicago fan that hated Wade.

Being a chicago native and all...

NBAGOAT
07-07-2016, 05:23 AM
So we lost rose, a hobbled Noah, geriatric Gasol and Dunleavy, and coke can calderon.

We gained Wade, got rondo and lopez on decent contracts, gained a young piece with potential Grant, and only committed 2 years max on incoming players which gives us excellent flexibility in 2 years. Not only that, we retooled and remain competitive instead of a tank situation.

Bulls take a major W in free agency. A management that I often criticise have really done well this time.

:applause:

you worried at all about Rondo's defense or think he'll be motivated on that end this year being in a better situation? That's one of the big concerns and he really was pretty terrible last year from what kings fans say.

r0drig0lac
07-07-2016, 06:13 AM
bosh is like hey yo bron, Dwhislte ...where yall go?
bosh now: https://media.giphy.com/media/106PwpLIIXJnXi/giphy.gif

CarlosBoozer
07-07-2016, 06:44 AM
Whats makes them any different from the bucks?

Glide2keva
07-07-2016, 07:06 AM
So, I'm to understand that Bulls fans are HAPPY with this?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-07-2016, 07:07 AM
youre not? explain

SpaceJam
07-07-2016, 07:19 AM

From what I can tell this seems to be more of a stop-gap year, Rondo isn't guaranteed next year I believe, and Wade isn't guaranteed the year after. We've managed to make signings to keep us competitve without committing to anyone long term. It was pretty well known amongst Bulls fans that next year is the one we are aiming for with the likes of CP3, Westbrook, Blake becoming free agents so who knows, I really think Wade is vital behind the scenes in recruiting our next big free agent.

Sure the spacing looks like it will suck, maybe we won't get a high playoff seed per say, but we remain competitive, make the playoffs, our young dudes get a bit of post season experience, and we can let Rondo go at the end of the year

Or, it just all completely turns to shit :roll: :roll:

But whatever happens, I'm excited. I've noticed fellow Bulls fans can be so whiny lmao, ready to end it all ugh :facepalm :rolleyes:

HALLandOATES
07-07-2016, 08:03 AM
If Bosh is healthy they should offer Heat something.Healthy Bosh on this team and they can atleast contend for 2nd in east,assuming there trying to win now

Wade is gonna prob average 16-17ppg and play alot off the ball like he did with Lebron those last 2 years..

SwayDizzle
07-07-2016, 08:14 AM
interesting team. i love butler. now that is one player i would want on my team. wade is wade...you have a top 3 SG of all time in his twilight years that can still produce at a high level. rondo is one moody bast*ard. if he likes who he plays with, he can be a monster PG. mirotic is solid af. good move by management to get rid of rose. the dude was bringing the bulls down with his post injury depression.

poido123
07-07-2016, 08:51 AM

:banana:

I am optimistic about any player that joins the Bulls.

I try to see the best in everything and I think rondo is getting an unfair wrap for a guy who was bought at a very low price on the market and enjoyed a decent year last year.

poido123
07-07-2016, 08:52 AM
interesting team. i love butler. now that is one player i would want on my team. wade is wade...you have a top 3 SG of all time in his twilight years that can still produce at a high level. rondo is one moody bast*ard. if he likes who he plays with, he can be a monster PG. mirotic is solid af. good move by management to get rid of rose. the dude was bringing the bulls down with his post injury depression.

good post :applause:

poido123
07-07-2016, 08:55 AM
I will say one thing.

That defense will be rock solid in the backcourt.

In today's league, perimeter D is huge. Our interior D remains a problem though.

aj1987
07-07-2016, 08:57 AM
I will say one thing.

That defense will be rock solid in the backcourt.

In today's league, perimeter D is huge. Our interior D remains a problem though.
If Wade defends like he did last season, it'd be elite (with Buckets helping him obviously). Rondo is a garbage ass defender RN though.

CavsLebronMo
07-07-2016, 08:57 AM
No one brings up Wade's playmaking when talking about this team. They have 2 great penetrators and playmakers in their back court. Butler can finish jump shots or around the rim with consistency. These guys are going to be fun to watch.

Rondo is the x-factor. He's never played with someone like Wade, so it's going to be interesting to see how he meshes with a ball dominant guard.

SpaceJam
07-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Honestly the best thing that's come out of all this is I didn't have to see Jose Calderon in a Bulls jersey

poido123
07-07-2016, 09:00 AM
If Wade defends like he did last season, it'd be elite (with Buckets helping him obviously). Rondo is a garbage ass defender RN though.

I watched Rondo with the Kings a lot last year.

Seemed to not over exert himself off that injured knee and took shortcuts on D a lot.

Playoff Rondo is a different animal. I saw him do exactly that back in Boston, then turned animal in the playoffs.

We shall see.

joshwake
07-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Honestly, I don't know if they even make the playoffs. Really difficult to say with so many variables. Do they have any depth? Seems to be an injury away from the lottery

kshutts1
07-07-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm not. I really can't stand what our FO does.

If you're aiming to compete now... well it's not the 90's anymore, and Wade is not that young anymore.

If you're aiming for the summer of '17 or whatever, I'm really glad that you're blocking all of our young guys that could show potential (Grant, Valentine, McDermott) with aging veterans.

And if Wade is your recruiting pitch.. wtf, lol.. who are you trying to recruit? Lebron's not leaving. Bosh has health issues. Shaq is retired. The only person that Wade has been strongly associated with that I want to recruit is Pat Riley. But it also doesn't work that way. Wade is just not the star power that he used to be, and therefore not a likely recruiting tool.

But hey... I could be way wrong about all this, and Rondo could be motivated, Wade could have gone to Germany in the offseason, Butler could have worked on his spot-up shooting, and everything will be fine.

Regardless of whether I like the moves or not, you better believe I'll be following the team and rooting for them, though.

Foster5k
07-07-2016, 09:59 AM
:oldlol:

Cavs got another cake walk to the Finals.

nightprowler10
07-07-2016, 10:47 AM
I just don't understand what the FO is trying to do anymore. My only guess is that GarPax are afraid for their jobs and these are desperation moves. They've effectively assembled the least efficient backcourt in the league. They're going the wrong way.

Jerko, I think may have been Carmen, made a good point this morning that this might just be a move to repair FO's image and attract free agents in the future. Westbrook might be a target next year.

34-24 Footwork
07-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Lol. A back court without a spot up shooter = weird now? A lot of potential in this squad, in my opinion.

guy
07-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Yes, weird team for sure. Its going to be a very up and down season. I'd say best case scenario is 5-8 seed with the potential to beat anyone in the East besides Cleveland due to some great individual performances from Wade, Rondo, and/or Butler.

As a Bulls fan, this is definitely entertaining. While the smarter move probably would've been to just tear it down and rebuild, I am definitely more intrigued now. Not exactly sure what the point of giving up Rose was if they get back both Rondo and Wade for those contracts. The 3 point shooting is going to be atrocious. Unless Butler improves his shooting, cause we know Rondo and Wade aren't, I doubt they can play the trio together that much and they'll probably need Brooks, McDermott, or Snell in the game at most times.

They can always look to trade Wade or Rondo at some point as well. Lebron loves his buddy so much, a Love for Wade trade doesn't seem too far-fetched. Mirotic maybe a valuable asset as well, and combining Rondo with him in a trade could yield a big time player as well.

nightprowler10
07-07-2016, 11:04 AM
Yes, weird team for sure. Its going to be a very up and down season. I'd say best case scenario is 5-8 seed with the potential to beat anyone in the East besides Cleveland due to some great individual performances from Wade, Rondo, and/or Butler.

As a Bulls fan, this is definitely entertaining. While the smarter move probably would've been to just tear it down and rebuild, I am definitely more intrigued now. Not exactly sure what the point of giving up Rose was if they get back both Rondo and Wade for those contracts. The 3 point shooting is going to be atrocious. Unless Butler improves his shooting, cause we know Rondo and Wade aren't, I doubt they can play the trio together that much and they'll probably need Brooks, McDermott, or Snell in the game at most times.

They can always look to trade Wade or Rondo at some point as well. Lebron loves his buddy so much, a Love for Wade trade doesn't seem too far-fetched. Mirotic maybe a valuable asset as well, and combining Rondo with him in a trade could yield a big time player as well.

One thing that's perplexing is why make moves that puts a roster on the floor that's going to be difficult to work in Hoiberg's system. Are they planning on firing him?

miggyme1
07-07-2016, 11:42 AM
One thing that's perplexing is why make moves that puts a roster on the floor that's going to be difficult to work in Hoiberg's system. Are they planning on firing him?

BINGO!!! OR...RONDO WADE AND BUTLER ARE JUST GOING TO BE TRADE BAIT. BULLS HOPE THEY PLAY WELL AND THEN SHIP THEM OFF BEFORE TRADE DEADLINE TO GET YOUNGER PLAYERS....IM ALMOST CERTAIN WADE ENDS UP IN CLEVELAND BEFORE SEASON ENDS

MrC1991
07-07-2016, 02:09 PM
As a Bulls fan I don't know how to feel. Its going to be a weird season for us...I'm thinking really high highs and deep lows..Rondo can break a team in the locker room. Its almost like you have to baby him and keep him happy at all times or he just quits and pads his stats. If this was that 09/10 Wade i'd be jumping for joy but this is a Wade thats going to be 35. He can still produce at a high level but the injuries scare me. This team can overachieve or go horribly wrong. Just have to wait and see.

DoctorP
07-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Wade/Rondo/Butler... seems like a terrible fit.

poido123
07-07-2016, 05:43 PM
George Karl on espn1000 today.

Said: "Rajon is not one of the more difficult players he ever coached. said only issue was Rajon took possessions off on defense. Thanks we are better team then last year and Rolo was a underrated pickup.

Also that Rondo will voice his opinion and expects players to be held accountable.. One of the smartest players he ever coached. Worked on his 3 point shot alot last year."

guy
07-07-2016, 06:23 PM
George Karl on espn1000 today.

Said: "Rajon is not one of the more difficult players he ever coached. said only issue was Rajon took possessions off on defense. Thanks we are better team then last year and Rolo was a underrated pickup.

Also that Rondo will voice his opinion and expects players to be held accountable.. One of the smartest players he ever coached. Worked on his 3 point shot alot last year."

Very encouraging if that's the case. People seem to forget, but he was an absolute beast from 2009-2012. He didn't get much credit cause of his team but during that stretch he was on the level of CP3, Deron, Nash, and Rose and the only one of those players that was always better was CP3 IMO.

guy
07-07-2016, 06:25 PM
The Knicks vs Bulls games should be really entertaining.

poido123
07-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Very encouraging if that's the case. People seem to forget, but he was an absolute beast from 2009-2012. He didn't get much credit cause of his team but during that stretch he was on the level of CP3, Deron, Nash, and Rose and the only one of those players that was always better was CP3 IMO.

Agreed.

A lot depends on Rondo's commitment to the team and the cause.

If he buys in(I suspect that he will), we could get the good Rondo. We know how much he dislikes Lebron, that in intself should motivate him.

:oldlol: