PDA

View Full Version : Calling it now: GSW will not win the title.

KirbyPls
07-07-2016, 12:48 AM
They sacrificed near GOAT level chemistry, especially on the defensive end, to sign a soft, mentally-fragile, and increasingly underwhelming playoff baller who was arguably the biggest reason his former team didn't advance to the Finals.

Also, GSW's two best offensive players have suffered meaningful injuries in the past.

The toughness, swag, and chemistry GSW displays in the RS, against playoff cupcakes, or injured shells of teams in the playoffs is nowhere to be found when facing a healthy squad, punching back on the greatest stage, and they look very mortal....

...And this is before they sold a portion of their depth (greatest asset) for a beta, who after a career of being Lebron's bitch, whilst receiving the kids' gloves treatment no matter how much he chokes (anyone remember a peep after WCF game 6?), he is literally worried that he may get a small measure of the treatment Lebron receives for almost each regular season loss. :cry:

I am not so sure that after the GOAT Finals collapse, GSW should have mortgaged its balance and depth for a career loser (playing with a top-10 player in the league for the past 4 years) who himself choked away a 3-1 lead in these same playoffs, especially one who is so very concerned about public perception.

The may eventually win, but if there are any significant playoff struggles, the pressure will ramp up, and if the past is any indication, neither Curry, nor Durant has shown capable of dealing with it, let alone dealing with it while being the consensus villain. I'd be much more concerned if GSW signed Kawahi.

I think Durant might actually make GSW more vulnerable when it counts the most.

GSW will not win the 2017 Finals, and it will be glorious. :lol

I will take my medicine if this thread is bumped in a year.

Thunderfan86
07-07-2016, 12:50 AM
I hope they don't win it, but I'm gonna bookmark this one anyway

KiiiiNG
07-07-2016, 12:50 AM
Durant with an intelligent supporting cast with capable players at every position will not only dominate the league, but likely sweep the NBA finals. :oldlol:

Hahaha, OP's a dumbass

KirbyPls
07-07-2016, 12:55 AM
Durant with an intelligent supporting cast with capable players at every position will not only dominate the league, but likely sweep the NBA finals. :oldlol:

Hahaha, OP's a dumbass

Twist them emojis little boy.

KiiiiNG
07-07-2016, 12:57 AM
Twist them emojis little boy.
So you got the Cavs for a repeat?

That's bold as hell.

KirbyPls
07-07-2016, 12:59 AM
So you got the Cavs for a repeat?

That's bold as hell.

Yes.

Proctor
07-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Someone else other than the Cavs would have to knock off the Warriors for the Cavs to repeat IMO.

And I actually do agree that Durant could make them more vulnerable when it counts most. He is a mental midget with poor body language. You never saw that crap from even 15th men on the Warriors.