PDA

View Full Version : NBA Rumors: Phoenix Suns trading Eric Bledsoe, Dragan Bender and 2017 1st round pick

Lebron23
07-07-2016, 02:46 AM
http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/russell-westbrook-facts.jpg

[quote]Rumors and speculations are now swirling around the Phoenix Suns who are reportedly trading Dragan Bender, Eric Bledsoe and 2017 first-round pick for Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Oklahoma City Thunder face a huge problem that started when Kevin Durant decided to leave the team. The 27-year-old forward signed a two-year deal worth $54.3 million with the Golden State Warriors. After he officially made the announcement, trade rumors about Russell Westbrook continue to surface the web.

Russell Westbrook is set to become a free agent on July 1, 2017. There are reports saying that the 27-year-old point guard has no intention to extend or renegotiate his contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder. This leads to the speculation that the Thunder will trade him before the start of the 2016-17 NBA season.

Several teams are reportedly interested in making trade offers for Russell Westbrook, including the Phoenix Suns. According to Kyle Fleeger of Fansided, the Phoenix Suns could offer Eric Bledsoe, Dragan Bender and 2017 first round pick for Westbrook. The Thunder will surely be attracted by the Suns

poido123
07-07-2016, 02:53 AM
:eek:

Best free agency ever.

So many moves and storylines. :banana:

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-07-2016, 02:54 AM
That'd be amazing...god, this offseason has been better than 2010's.

Lebron23
07-07-2016, 02:56 AM
Suns have trade assets to acquire a Superstar like Russell Westbrook. He's going to be a good fit playing with Booker, and Knight.

no pun intended
07-07-2016, 03:01 AM
Lol remember it was the Thunder who drafted Bledsoe too.

GreatHILL
07-07-2016, 05:24 AM
what a bad trade for the suns

NBAGOAT
07-07-2016, 05:26 AM
that would be great for the Suns if they could keep him and a pretty nice haul for the Thunder too. Westbrook with that training staff could be great for a long tme.

StephHamann
07-07-2016, 05:27 AM
The Suns give up all these assets and Westbrook will leave next summer

:roll:

Run&Gun=Fun
07-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Suns would need to lock him up with an extension though.

Westbrook and Chriss together would be a entertaining.

brownmamba00
07-07-2016, 05:34 AM
doubt Westbrook is signing a deal over in Phoenix next summer

also Bledsoe is the glassman of PG's

not a good deal for both sides

Run&Gun=Fun
07-07-2016, 05:51 AM
The Suns have had all these assets for years and can never land a knockout blow to get relevant again. They should just pull the trigger on this if OKC is willing.

With Miami looking light on talent those picks could be valuable - top 7 protected 2018 unprotected 2021.

Jasper
07-07-2016, 08:55 AM
You know where WESTBROOK should go ?????????????????

NEW YORK KNICKS

REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haymaker
07-07-2016, 09:05 AM
Hawks could've used Westbrook. Hornets too, I wonder why MJ haven't made a move. Kemba + Cody Zeller + future 1st?

Meticode
07-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Suns should just start 5 guards out there.

BlakFrankWhite
07-07-2016, 09:39 AM
OKC would bite your hands off for this deal.

But Suns would be idiots to offer so much for a year rental.

GreatHILL
07-07-2016, 09:45 AM
First of all, that is as bad as you get as a "journalist". Go back to school, kid.

Your source isn't a source. It is a kid who writes for Valley of the Suns, has ZERO information, and in fact, has a lot of really bad ideas. This is one of them.

:oldlol:

bobopenguin
07-07-2016, 09:57 AM
sun wont do it if westbrook has not agreed to extend contract.

Carbine
07-07-2016, 10:16 AM
This is a horrible return for Westbrook even as a one year rental.

Bledsoe is not a needle mover. Bender is a huge unknown and that 1st round pick with Westbrook on the team is at best a very late lottery pick.

That's a horrible deal.

HylianNightmare
07-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Wouldn't he leave to a big market?

PejaNowitzki
07-07-2016, 10:38 AM
http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/russell-westbrook-facts.jpg

According to Kyle Fleeger of Fansided
http://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/nba-rumors-phoenix-suns-trading-eric-bledsoe-dragan-bender-2017-first-round-pick-russell-westbrook/33559/

:biggums:

Nastradamus
07-07-2016, 11:22 AM
I doubt its where Russell wants to be, but it would be his team, the weather is nice, and a year there to see what they're working with may well convince him.
Chriss is the key, he will have to show off some of his upside. You have some size up front, Booker is a sniper, Knight can play off Westbrook well. You'll need to fine tune a few things of course, but its a start.

Klay 3D
07-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Not happening unless Westbrook agrees to resign.

imdaman99
07-07-2016, 01:23 PM
You know where WESTBROOK should go ?????????????????

NEW YORK KNICKS

REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My body is ready :lol

Can't trade for him though, absolutely cannot give up KP. You wanna team those 2 up, not trade them for each other.

midatlantic09
07-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Not sure why the Suns would do this. Why mortgage your future for a 1 year superstar rental? No way Westbrook signs a long-term deal with Phoenix.

If the Suns do this, their GM should be fired immediately.

DMAVS41
07-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Not sure why the Suns would do this. Why mortgage your future for a 1 year superstar rental? No way Westbrook signs a long-term deal with Phoenix.

If the Suns do this, their GM should be fired immediately.

Yea. It is actually a good trade if Russ would stay.

Russ/Booker/Len...really like that.

Selling Knight as being 6th man off the bench would be tough, but would be the best basketball fit for the team.

But yea...you can't give up Bender and future first to get a 1 year rental.

The Suns do need to trade Bledsoe and or Knight and or Tyson though.

If the Suns were going to trade Bender...I'd like to see them dump Tyson in the process as well.

Cap'n Obvious
07-07-2016, 03:07 PM
OKC would bite your hands off for this deal.

But Suns would be idiots to offer so much for a year rental.
Cities can't bite.

Thorpesaurous
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Obtaining the right to pay him the extra year on his upcoming max salary may make the risk of it being a rental worth it. That rental comes with more opportunity to re-sign, and with the potential to re-coup some assets under the notion that you could use that fifth year as a means to sign and trade him. We didn't see many fifth year maxes this year because guys are using that one and one as a way to go after that five year max again next year when the cap bumps a second time. But next year I would expect the five year max to be more commonplace again.

You can also argue Phx is in a perfect spot to do this because while Bender is a really good asset, they had two first rounders this year, and Chriss was considered a bit of a steal where they got him.

As a Celtic fan I thought about this a bit myself, because I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up the Nets pick next year for the same fear of losing him as a rental. But that's also partly because I prefer that draft to this year's.