PDA

View Full Version : Why did the Bulls sign Rondo?

kurple
07-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Never understood it. Especially now

iamgine
07-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Why to recruit Wade of course.

Bimbo Coles
07-07-2016, 07:46 AM
1. They've made the decision to be as good as they can be, not to rebuild.
2. They needed a point guard.
2. 14 per isn't exactly breaking the bank.

nathanjizzle
07-07-2016, 08:00 AM
they were desperato. and they signed wade because they realized the mistake of letting go the hometown hero, so they needed to find another home town hero in wade. yikes. essentially, both of those signings reek of buyers remorse from the rose trade.

SpaceJam
07-07-2016, 08:02 AM
they were desperato. and they signed wade because they realized the mistake of letting go the hometown hero, so they needed to find another home town hero in wade. yikes. essentially, both of those signings reek of buyers remorse from the rose trade.

Does Rose getting traded mean you aren't a Bulls fan anymore? :rockon:

Jasper
07-07-2016, 08:41 AM
Chicago has no plan ... only rent money coming in.

Wade chose was terrible , but he is doing it for the money and kids that will some day in chicago say I saw superstar D-Wade as a Bull

Real Men Wear Green
07-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Rondo and Wade are a bad offensive fit on paper. Ball dominant guards that aren't good from three and in Rondo's case bad at shooting overall. Playoff potential is there but one of them may be getting benched in the clutch and if it's Rondo the situation could get nasty.

PP34Deuce
07-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Wade can move off the ball and is still quick in transition. I think people are selling him a lil short..

When Wade plays, he's great. He cuts, he ISO's when needed and can hit his midrange shot and play defense.

Wade just doesn't play 75-82 games, so you have to have depth behind him because he's built for 55-60 games and playoff runs.

Rondo hates to score so you will see Jimmy getting easier buckets. The Rondo and Wade dynamic is a mystery because both guys take plays off in regular season.

Wally450
07-07-2016, 09:42 AM
It honestly seems they signed him just to sign him. I really can't wrap my head around why they did it. Maybe something positive comes of Hoiberg & Rondo.

Lebronxrings
07-07-2016, 09:43 AM
:yaohappy:

FireDavidKahn
07-07-2016, 02:11 PM
$$$$$$$

Tickets

SilkkTheShocker
07-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Don't know, but you can bet he will be an uber pain in the ass against Cleveland. Dude goes apes.hit against Bron teams .

Levity
07-07-2016, 02:15 PM
im assuming they wanted a name to appease fans before they knew the wade signing was realistic.

they werent going to rescind their offer to rondo at that point, so instead they traded away a PG that fits offensively with wade and butler (calderon), in order to have cap space to sign wade.

nightprowler10
07-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Does Rose getting traded mean you aren't a Bulls fan anymore? :rockon:
That would honestly be the best thing about this off-season. I would tell my kids about it for years.