PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Spurs sign Dewayne Dedmon (2 year 6 mil)

Im Still Ballin
07-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Damn, they just picked up one of the best backup C's in the league dirt cheap, who the Warriors were sort of keen on

StephHamann
07-07-2016, 12:07 PM
He is so good, people in Orlando call him the Black Larry Bird

ISHGoat
07-07-2016, 12:10 PM
He is so good, people in Orlando call him the Black Larry Bird

No, people call Larry the White Dewayne Dedmon

:bowdown:

Spurs5Rings2014
07-07-2016, 12:40 PM

Haymaker
07-07-2016, 12:42 PM

:oldlol:

Meticode
07-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Good pickup, was hoping for the Cavs, but nope.

Hey Yo
07-07-2016, 01:01 PM
At least his mother knows how to spell Dewayne

DMAVS41
07-07-2016, 01:03 PM
It is amazing how so many teams pass on a guy like this. He is going to be huge for the Spurs.

Absolutely great pickup.

VengefulAngel
07-07-2016, 06:12 PM
It is amazing how so many teams pass on a guy like this. He is going to be huge for the Spurs.

Absolutely great pickup.

Spurs are looking really great, like the pickups so far, if they can a young wing defender they'll be in great shape.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Absolutely great pickup.

Not really. They have lost their entire frontcourt this offseason outside of Aldridge.

Duncan/West/Diaw/Boban.

They replaced those 4 guys with: Pau Gasol and Dedmon. Pau Gasol is the most empty stats guy in the league. And Dedmon averaged 4 and 4 on a pathetic team.

Their frontcourt went down drastically.

Proctor
07-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Not really. They have lost their entire frontcourt this offseason outside of Aldridge.

Duncan/West/Diaw/Boban.

They replaced those 4 guys with: Pau Gasol and Dedmon. Pau Gasol is the most empty stats guy in the league. And Dedmon averaged 4 and 4 on a pathetic team.

?

Duncan hasn't made a decision yet. West was underwhelming, Diaw was good when he was healthy, and Boban was unplayable in big games. Dedmon is good and Gasol is great. For all we know, Duncan could stay.

Their frontcourt IMPROVED drastically.

SCdac
07-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Spurs got to turn a page at some point. It's all about having a superstar anyways or some semblance of it. If you have that you can win with the Tristan Thompsons and Speights' of the league imo. Boban was more of a fan-favorite (for his freakish size) than a true difference maker and Diaw is getting older, fatter, and slower. I'll miss his playmaking and three point range though. Sucks losing West but I get the feeling Pop was disappointed in him in the playoffs (missed some easy jumpers and his FG% fell 10% from his RS average). Gasol should be a great fit. Imo it's more of a guards and forwards game now

DMAVS41
07-07-2016, 07:05 PM

Duncan/West/Diaw/Boban.

The two aren't related. It can be a huge pick up for them and they can get worse...you understand that...right?

You make it sound like I said the Spurs are now way better. I simply commented that I really like this move for them.

Didn't mention anything else in my post...not sure what you are on here.

poido123
07-07-2016, 07:07 PM
Good signing and good contract.

Spurs m8
07-07-2016, 07:15 PM

Duncan/West/Diaw/Boban.

Looks like someone didn't watch much Spurs the past season...

C position was HORRID.

Bobo has been fat and lazy for 2 years.
If i had to watch him pass up another shot, probably woulda gone postal.

Gasol MASSIVE upgrade over 39yo Duncan.

This is SICK

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Gasol will have better stats than Duncan. But more of an impact? Duncan would have that.

Diaw isn't as good as he used to be. West may have been disappointing. Boban may have been a freak. But the defense from those 4 is light years better than anything Gasol or Dedmon.

Pop and the Spurs will be really frustrated with Gasol. Just as nearly every coach has been with Gasol for the past 5 years.

Jameerthefear
07-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Hope he plays well there. I'm glad we let him go since he can probably get more playing time in SA. He's a good player but has some kinks in his game

Spurs m8
07-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Gasol will have better stats than Duncan. But more of an impact? Duncan would have that.

Diaw isn't as good as he used to be. West may have been disappointing. Boban may have been a freak. But the defense from those 4 is light years better than anything Gasol or Dedmon.

Pop and the Spurs will be really frustrated with Gasol. Just as nearly every coach has been with Gasol for the past 5 years.

Its like no one watched Duncan last season...

Get with the times...

Jameerthefear
07-07-2016, 10:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ejnsKD8zug
my fav dedmon play :)

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Its like no one watched Duncan last season...

Get with the times...

I watched. And he was a shell of himself. And still impacts the game more than Gasol.

D-Wait
11-05-2016, 03:36 AM
Good pickup, was hoping for the Cavs, but nope.

Indeed an underrated pick-up... whenever I watch Spurs highlights, I think "who is this guy?"...
I had to look up whether he was someone's draft pick or came out of the D-League... albeit playing 16 Mpg, he has a PER of 21 in the season so far... the Cavs could have used a player like him to replace Mozgov

But then again, it's the Spurs and they always find a way to sign diamonds in the rough

Meticode
11-05-2016, 03:54 AM
Indeed an underrated pick-up... whenever I watch Spurs highlights, I think "who is this guy?"...
I had to look up whether he was someone's draft pick or came out of the D-League... albeit playing 16 Mpg, he has a PER of 21 in the season so far... the Cavs could have used a player like him to replace Mozgov

But then again, it's the Spurs and they always find a way to sign diamonds in the rough
Cavs were interested in Dedmon, but he went to the Spurs.

Spurs m8
11-05-2016, 04:00 AM
I love Dedmon

Warriors could really use him

Suck shit

Spurs5Rings2014
11-06-2016, 12:19 AM
I love Dedmon

Suck shit

:oldlol:

sunnyboy91
11-06-2016, 03:21 AM
Duncan was really good last season except after he injured his right knee 2/3 of the way through the RS. If Duncan didnt injure his right knee, make no mistake, Gasol wouldnt be an upgrade.

Dedmon looks great though. What a steal! Good to move on from the Turd Towers era of Diaw and Dworst

sunnyboy91
11-06-2016, 03:22 AM
I love Dedmon

Suck shit
LMAO at Varajao and McGee as the backup centres.

If any of their starting gets injured, theyre f*****