PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant believes that joining the Warriors was the hardest road. LMAO

Nilocon165
07-07-2016, 05:54 PM
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/751168458860163072

This dude is just straight dumb.

TheWinningFam
07-07-2016, 05:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dro
07-07-2016, 05:55 PM
lol, wut?

inclinerator
07-07-2016, 05:57 PM
he looks happy

RedBlackAttack
07-07-2016, 05:58 PM
He is just responding to the criticisms in an incredibly dumb fashion. He's either stupid or he thinks other people are stupid ... or both.

Young X
07-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Yeah, joining a championship team that won 140 games combined the last 2 seasons is so hard.

Playing alongside the best or 2nd best player in the league and back to back MVP is so hard.

Fool.

dazzer87
07-07-2016, 05:59 PM
what a dumbass......

NO WAY this dude graduated from HS right?

Doranku
07-07-2016, 06:04 PM
This guy gets more unlikable by the day. :oldlol:

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-07-2016, 06:05 PM
**Insert Double facepalm gif here**

Smoke117
07-07-2016, 06:07 PM
https://godofall.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/wade-laugh.gif

Meticode
07-07-2016, 06:11 PM
God damn, he's already making excuses if he doesn't win it all.

BlakFrankWhite
07-07-2016, 06:11 PM
HIs body language was terrible, the pressure is already getting to him :lol

Hope he jumps off the golden state bridge, the phegget

VengefulAngel
07-07-2016, 06:14 PM

He'll be fine though, he's used to being a second option.

Dro
07-07-2016, 06:17 PM
https://godofall.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/wade-laugh.gif
That nikka sittin behind Wade kinda looks like Durant...
:biggums:

dubnation
07-07-2016, 06:18 PM

What was his body language like?

I'm worried, dude is soft and it's known he listens to everything that comes out in the media and elsewhere.

highwhey
07-07-2016, 06:24 PM

BlakFrankWhite
07-07-2016, 06:25 PM
What was his body language like?

I'm worried, dude is soft and it's known he listens to everything that comes out in the media and elsewhere.

Sad and uncomfortable, forced smiles and shit, like someone who was pushed to make this move.

Some will call me biased, but that's what I felt.

J Shuttlesworth
07-07-2016, 06:26 PM
so joining the sixers would be easier? :lol

VengefulAngel
07-07-2016, 06:27 PM
so joining the sixers would be easier? :lol

Yes, no pressure.

Mr. Jabbar
07-07-2016, 06:28 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-q36Ow2OuCuQ/T-ivkH5GfrI/AAAAAAADAvY/XW4lqX0wN1I/s1000/news_earned-not-given-tshirt-2.jpg

TheWinningFam
07-07-2016, 06:33 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-q36Ow2OuCuQ/T-ivkH5GfrI/AAAAAAADAvY/XW4lqX0wN1I/s1000/news_earned-not-given-tshirt-2.jpg
Thanks on reminding us how lebron was force traded to the heat for draft pics, Glad to see your village hasn't been bombed yet. :cheers:

Hey Yo
07-07-2016, 06:38 PM
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/lebron-4.jpg

r0drig0lac
07-07-2016, 06:47 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/biggums.png

nathanjizzle
07-07-2016, 06:48 PM
what do you expect from a beta? a walk in the park is an excruciating task for a beta.

DMAVS41
07-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Watching the Warriors lose would just be so incredible.

Come on Spurs...

SCdac
07-07-2016, 06:52 PM
lol wouldn't almost everywhere be a new environment for him? ... The Warriors coulda won a championship without him... and have

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2016, 06:55 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/b7345aacb791a6b35f35ba9aa8a34369.png

:roll: :roll: :roll:

bigkingsfan
07-07-2016, 06:57 PM
High Road. invisible bridge used to step over said person when open floor is available left to right.

Keno
07-07-2016, 06:59 PM
durant and curry most unlikable frauds in history. :facepalm

Dresta
07-07-2016, 07:04 PM
This guy is quickly becoming as unlikeable as Lebron. Seriously, what a whiney ass bitch.

poido123
07-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Unsuccessfully trying to dull down the noise surrounding his b*tchmade move to the Warriors.

Can't hide from this one Durant. You opened the pandora's box when you sold your soul to the devil.

tpols
07-07-2016, 07:06 PM
it's alright kevin .. sometimes the road less traveled can be the most rewarding at the end.

https://blog-blogmediainc.netdna-ssl.com/upload/SportsBlogcom/85360/0777945001467651092_filepicker.jpg

mean as hell ... :eek: :bowdown:

AintNoSunshine
07-07-2016, 07:07 PM
Unbelievable . Does he have no shame??? Hardest road because you don't know anybody there, he sounds like a 3rd grader switching to another school. This is straight up embarrassing.

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2016, 07:07 PM
tpols youre such a btch man :oldlol:

Spurs m8
07-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Loser gonna Loser, with Losers

Hey Yo
07-07-2016, 07:12 PM
This guy is quickly becoming as unlikeable as Lebron. Seriously, what a whiney ass bitch.
Speaking of whiny bitches.....how's your boy, Wade??

:roll: :roll:

moongaze
07-07-2016, 07:15 PM
it's alright kevin .. sometimes the road less traveled can be the most rewarding at the end.

https://blog-blogmediainc.netdna-ssl.com/upload/SportsBlogcom/85360/0777945001467651092_filepicker.jpg

mean as hell ... :eek: :bowdown:

As mean looking as a dude that looks constipated

RedBlackAttack
07-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Watching the Warriors lose would just be so incredible.

Come on Spurs...
Come on anyone.

We just got a title. I'm cool with someone else winning it next year ... anyone else.

Team Spineless

IGOTGAME
07-07-2016, 07:21 PM
He is just responding to the criticisms in an incredibly dumb fashion. He's either stupid or he thinks other people are stupid ... or both.

he'd better watch out or people will turn on him. Unlike Lebron, he was never really loved to begin with.

imdaman99
07-07-2016, 07:21 PM
What he prob means is mentally the most difficult road. Everyone is labelling him a bitch and a traitor and all that stuff.
He's the new villain. I'm sure this soft guy doesn't relish the villain role. Westbrook always made the better villain :rockon:

IGOTGAME
07-07-2016, 07:24 PM
What he prob means is mentally the most difficult road. Everyone is labelling him a bitch and a traitor and all that stuff.
He's the new villain. I'm sure this soft guy doesn't relish the villain role. Westbrook always made the better villain :rockon:

and the more I hear about Westbrook in life, he is actually the really good guy. Seems the most down to earth out of the two.

Springsteen
07-07-2016, 07:24 PM
I think Lebron thrived and accepted the villain role pretty easily for the time being on the Heat.

I don't know about Durant.

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2016, 07:26 PM
The guy looks super shaken in these pics, trying out shoes n what not.. fake awkward smiles lmao.. Kerr awkwardly next to him prolly actin like its all cool.. what a beta bunch... **** em up, SAS

pauk
07-07-2016, 07:29 PM

How the **** is this similar!?

Lebron went to a Wade team that missed the playoffs or got swept in 1st round (in the "leastern" conference!) for 4 straight years, a team & player HE USED TO DOMINATE TIME... completely unproven & lesser team+player he joined, immediately took him/them to 4 straight Finals, winning 2, including MVP/FMVP every single day he was the reason & the best player accountable for those outcomes, he was THE MAN from start to finish.... yes, he got a better team, but HE went out and got those championships, he was the entire reason for it all, look at that team before & after him joining & leaving..... Lebron EARNED there... IT WAS NOT GIVEN... he went then back to Cleveland and EARNED it even more, probably earned it that year better than anybody in NBA history....

Durant will not earn shit, it all will be given by joining the Warriors/Curry... This is equivalent only if Lebron went to the championship Lakers/Kobe in 2008-10 ... and not even that, since not even that team was as good as current championship Warriors and Lebron didnt have to get murdered by them/that player in the playoffs all the time (and join THAT team!).. meaning going to a championship team & presumably best player in the league and ring chasing, this is legit getting handed out a ring on a silverplate....... this is GIVEN, NOT EARNED...

Springsteen
07-07-2016, 07:31 PM
How the **** is this similar!?

Lebron went to a Wade team that missed the playoffs or got swept in 1st round (in the "leastern" conference!) for 4 straight years, a team & player HE USED TO DOMINATE TIME... completely unproven & lesser team+player he joined, immediately took him/them to 4 straight Finals, winning 2, including MVP/FMVP every single day he was the reason & the best player accountable for those outcomes, he was THE MAN from start to finish.... yes, he got a better team, but HE went out and got those championships, he was the entire reason for it all, look at that team before & after him joining & leaving..... Lebron EARNED there... IT WAS NOT GIVEN... he went then back to Cleveland and EARNED it even more, probably earned it that year better than anybody in NBA history....

Durant will not earn shit, it all will be given... This is equivalent only if Lebron went to the championship Lakers in 2008-10 ... and not even that, since not even that team was as good as current championship Warriors and Lebron didnt have to get murdered by them in the playoffs all the time (and join THAT team!).. meaning going to a championship team & presumably best player in the league and ring chasing, this is legit getting handed out a ring on a silverplate....... this is GIVEN, NOT EARNED...

Jesus, this is verbatim what people were saying about Lebron when he left for Miami. :rolleyes:

This team is too good not to wing at least 1 ring, just like the Heat were; give it up.

pauk
07-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Jesus, this is verbatim what people were saying about Lebron when he left for Miami. :rolleyes:

This team is too good not to wing at least 1 ring, just like the Heat were; give it up.

No, not just like the Heat were... Warriors are too good not to win a ring even without Durant....... no, its nothing like Heat before/after/during Lebron.... nowhere close... i dont know why i have to sound like a Lebron stan / Durant hater... i love Durants game, you have never seen me talk shit about him, only great praise.... UNTIL TODAY.... this was legit fair & square WEAK, legit ringchasing...

r15mohd
07-07-2016, 07:50 PM
and the more I hear about Westbrook in life, he is actually the really good guy. Seems the most down to earth out of the two.

Westbrook is and always was the man in OKC - we were just deceived at time to believe in KD #coward

http://i64.tinypic.com/jhyk1w.jpg

tpols
07-07-2016, 07:59 PM
tpols youre such a btch man :oldlol:

whats up dubs? why the hate, bro? .. dont know if you heard.. but its all about gettin one for the Land .. land of California that is.

californiaa .. knows how to partyy
californiaaa .. knows how to partayy
in the citayy, city of La.. *city of LAaa*
in the citayy, city of watts.. *weeeower*
in the citayy, city of OAKLAND .. *yup .. yup*
we keep it rockin .. we keep it rockin ..

http://i.giphy.com/d95UEGC6gEYLK.gif

Now make it shake, b!tch.

Keno
07-07-2016, 08:06 PM
can't wait until lebron takes a shit on this scrub once again. gonna be great.

Lebron23
07-07-2016, 11:30 PM
can't wait until lebron takes a shit on this scrub once again. gonna be great.

Win-Win situation for LeBron. Durant is the Karl Malone of his era.

Springsteen
07-07-2016, 11:50 PM
whats up dubs? why the hate, bro? .. dont know if you heard.. but its all about gettin one for the Land .. land of California that is.

Ah yes, the Cali connection. The perfect Laker bandwagon excuse these days.

alanLA92
07-08-2016, 12:42 AM

Wtf get your bandwagon a*** out of here. Lol North Cal and South Cal have always been sports rival.

That's like a Giants fan rooting for the Dodgers to win.
USC or UCLA fan wanting Cal/Stanford to go to the Rose Bowl.
Kings fan wanting the Sharks to win this past Stanley Cup series.

Weak as Durant. :lol

sportjames23
07-08-2016, 01:06 AM
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/751168458860163072

This dude is just straight dumb.

KD...:facepalm

r0drig0lac
07-08-2016, 06:00 AM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/biggums.png

Blue&Orange
07-08-2016, 06:37 AM
Probably he was mocking Lebron. You know they guy that a few weeks after being carried to another ring and that jumps around to the most stacked teams a 30 year league seen, wondered why god gives him always the hardest road.

WallIn
07-08-2016, 06:47 AM
What a joke.

I presume joining the Nets was the easiest road?

Mr Feeny
07-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Wow, Durant.

Dresta
07-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Speaking of whiny bitches.....how's your boy, Wade??

:roll: :roll:
My boy? I don't stan players on the internet like some kind of pathetic man-child (like you do); and what does this thread have to do with Wade you complete retard?

Talk about being obsessed.

dunksby
07-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Winning cures all, look how people are back worshiping LeBron (just look at dudes like RBA and Meticode), Durant will be fine.

NumberSix
07-08-2016, 08:10 AM
Winning cures all, look how people are back worshiping LeBron (just look at dudes like RBA and Meticode), Durant will be fine.
Yeah, but when Durant wins, he'll be viewed like a Tony Parker or a James Worthy. A great player and a champion, but nobody's gonna be thinking about putting him on any kind of GOAT lists.

And if he somehow manages to NOT win with this team, he'll be like a Tracy McGrady or Steve Nash.

Hoopz2332
07-08-2016, 08:19 AM

:oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Yeah, joining a championship team that won 140 games combined the last 2 seasons is so hard.

Playing alongside the best or 2nd best player in the league and back to back MVP is so hard.

Fool.

Stop. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

francesco totti
07-08-2016, 08:25 AM

If Lebron won his third ring with Miami in 2016 and not Cleveland, you wouldnt see RBA or Meticode worshipping him. Neither would majority had Lebron won in Miami....

The one title Lebron won with Cleveland are worth 6 rings in Miami ...

diamenz
07-08-2016, 08:35 AM
easily a bigger bitch than bron, and that's saying something.

dunksby
07-08-2016, 08:37 AM
Yeah, but when Durant wins, he'll be viewed like a Tony Parker or a James Worthy. A great player and a champion, but nobody's gonna be thinking about putting him on any kind of GOAT lists.

And if he somehow manages to NOT win with this team, he'll be like a Tracy McGrady or Steve Nash.
As long as he wins it as the best player nothing matters, Heat had a huge following just because they were the villain superteam so these reactions are normal. Considering Durant was not even drafted by OKC neither is he from there makes it even less of an issue compared to LeBron's journey. The same way nobody can take LeBron's rings from him with Miami, same thing would apply to KD if he manages to win it all as the man with whatever team, be it a superteam or a regular one. Let's not forget LeBron's championship teams have all been superteams.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2016, 08:40 AM

That's not true When Kobe won his rings with Shaq, we always heard the sidekick stuff. When LeBron won his rings in Miami all we heard was how he needed Wade/couldn't get Cleveland one. And GS won it last (albeit the biggest asterisk title in NBA history) and people s.hit on Curry for losing Finals MVP to a bench player. Unless Durant and Curry to a smaller extent, start reeling off some Finals MVPs, both are never truly going to get their due. You people making these excuses for Durant are hilarious by the way. Durant literally left a team that was one game away from the Finals. He played with a top 4 player, a top 3 center, and good supporting cast. This wasn't LeBron playing with Mo Williams, or Wade playing with Beasley. KD has a stacked team. And the only reason they lost was because he choked. I applaud him for exercising his right to choosing where he wants to go in free agency. The Thunder don't own him, and he shouldn't feel obligated to stay there. But lets get real here, he didn't take the hard road.

dunksby
07-08-2016, 08:43 AM
If Lebron won his third ring with Miami in 2016 and not Cleveland, you wouldnt see RBA or Meticode worshipping him. Neither would majority had Lebron won in Miami....

The one title Lebron won with Cleveland are worth 6 rings in Miami ...
Teaming up with 20/5/5 and 26/14 stars, losing their first finals and winning the next is the same shit that happened with Miami, LeBron was still the villain and everybody was calling him 2/7 and frontrunner all the way up until he won the damn thing.

dunksby
07-08-2016, 08:45 AM
That's not true When Kobe won his rings with Shaq, we always heard the sidekick stuff. When LeBron won his rings in Miami all we heard was how he needed Wade/couldn't get Cleveland one. And GS won it last (albeit the biggest asterisk title in NBA history) and people s.hit on Curry for losing Finals MVP to a bench player. Unless Durant and Curry to a smaller extent, start reeling off some Finals MVPs, both are never truly going to get their due. You people making these excuses for Durant are hilarious by the way. Durant literally left a team that was one game away from the Finals. He played with a top 4 player, a top 3 center, and good supporting cast. This wasn't LeBron playing with Mo Williams, or Wade playing with Beasley. KD has a stacked team. And the only reason they lost was because he choked. I applaud him for exercising his right to choosing where he wants to go in free agency. The Thunder don't own him, and he shouldn't feel obligated to stay there. But lets get real here, he didn't take the hard road.
He didn't take the hard road, just like LeBron, that's my whole point, but all comes down to winning as the best player, regardless of the team.

BlakFrankWhite
07-08-2016, 08:46 AM
20/5/5 and 26/14 superstars who never even made the playoffs.

While KD is joining a team that won 73 games, had the UNANIMOUS MVP ( the only one in league history), 23 ppg elite 3 & D guy In Klay, a perennial DPOY candidate in Green and an FMVP coming off the bench.

Stop arguing Dunksby, you're makin fkin idiot of yourself.

dunksby
07-08-2016, 08:50 AM
20/5/5 and 26/14 superstars who never even made the playoffs.

While KD is joining a team that won 73 games, had the UNANIMOUS MVP ( the only one in league history), 23 ppg elite 3 & D guy In Klay, a perennial DPOY candidate in Green and an FMVP coming off the bench.

Stop arguing Dunksby, you're makin fkin idiot of yourself.
Not really, isn't this the same team that got exposed and let go of a 3-1 lead in the finals? Are we not talking about the same Kyrie that ripped the UMVP apart? KD getting hate is normal way of things, he is now the main villain, especially considering they got the league's dirtiest player starting alongside of him too.

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2016, 08:53 AM
He didn't take the hard road, just like LeBron, that's my whole point, but all comes down to winning as the best player, regardless of the team.

I don't think LeBron took the hard road. But I also don't think what he and Durant did are the same. LeBron played on a team that had Mo Williams as the #2. And were relying on an ancient Shaq to be on of their best players. That team without LeBron is one of the worst teams in the league (as we found out). KD left a team that would easily fight for a playoff spot without him. Leaving a top 4-5 talented team in the league to play on the most talented. Wade was one of the best player in the league, but had made noise in the playoffs in 4 seasons. And Bosh won 3 playoff games in 7 seasons with Toronto. KD went to a team with the unanimous MVP, best SG in the league, DPOY runner-up, and the coach of the year. Rings are rings, but what KD is doing is way worse than what anyone tries to say Miami's big 3 did.

BlakFrankWhite
07-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Not really, isn't this the same team that got exposed and let go of a 3-1 lead in the finals? Are we not talking about the same Kyrie that ripped the UMVP apart? KD getting hate is normal way of things, he is now the main villain, especially considering they got the league's dirtiest player starting alongside of him too.

He's a beta *****, who's gonna ride Curry's coattails to glory...could you see his body language, he's scared shitless. I've watched neary every KD game in the past 6 years and know he doesn't handle pressure well.

And every accomplishment is gonna be questioned, considering his superteam. It's like JVG said: He can't win. Every accomplishment is expected and every loss totally unexpected. Unless they go 98-0 with Durant clearly being the best player, there's no chance he comes out on top on this one.

dunksby
07-08-2016, 08:59 AM
He's a beta *****, who's gonna ride Curry's coattails to glory...could you see his body language, he's scared shitless. I've watched neary every KD game in the past 6 years and know he doesn't handle pressure well.

And every accomplishment is gonna be questioned, considering his superteam. It's like JVG said: He can't win. Every accomplishment is expected and every loss totally unexpected. Unless they go 98-0 with Durant clearly being the best player, there's no chance he comes out on top on this one.
I remember everybody saying the same shit about LeBron for years, but go ahead.

BlakFrankWhite
07-08-2016, 09:02 AM

well, as the saying goes: you are what you watch.

Good luck rooting for your new team, you'll fit in well with all the bandwagoners :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
07-08-2016, 09:02 AM

there is more between the lines there... its not just 'both didnt take the hard road, period'... what KD did was far more cowardly, and even if you ****** Kevin, the guy who shitted on your team, you should be mature enough to admit so.

warriorfan
07-08-2016, 09:04 AM
there is more between the lines there... its not just 'both didnt take the hard road, period'... what KD did was far more cowardly, and even if you ****** Kevin, the guy who shitted on your team, you should be mature enough to admit so.

If you think what Kevin Durant did was bad

In reality, what LeBron did was worse

LeBron left his hometown team to join the players with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league (Wade and Bosh)

https://s31.postimg.org/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

That would be the same as Curry leaving his hometown to join OKC (joining with the 2nd and 4th highest PER)

https://s31.postimg.org/japo0i0yz/King_Curry.png

SilkkTheShocker
07-08-2016, 09:05 AM

LeBron left a s.hitty Cavs team, and did most of the heavy lifting for Miami after his first season. Wade was hurt a lot, and Bosh had playoff series where he either missing or an absolute non-factor (awful against indy and Spurs). Unless he is doing the heavy-lifting or winning as Finals MVP for GS, no one is really going to give a s.hit.

dunksby
07-08-2016, 09:05 AM
I don't think LeBron took the hard road. But I also don't think what he and Durant did are the same. LeBron played on a team that had Mo Williams as the #2. And were relying on an ancient Shaq to be on of their best players. That team without LeBron is one of the worst teams in the league (as we found out). KD left a team that would easily fight for a playoff spot without him. Leaving a top 4-5 talented team in the league to play on the most talented. Wade was one of the best player in the league, but had made noise in the playoffs in 4 seasons. And Bosh won 3 playoff games in 7 seasons with Toronto. KD went to a team with the unanimous MVP, best SG in the league, DPOY runner-up, and the coach of the year. Rings are rings, but what KD is doing is way worse than what anyone tries to say Miami's big 3 did.
He gave OKC long enough IMO, you were probably one of numerous people who called OKC's FO cheap for not going after stars or failing to keep Harden and so on. Now you have changed your tune just to pile up on KD so you can give the same treatment people gave LeBron for years to Durant now.
All in all, this will have three outcomes for Durant, he either ends up winning a ring/rings as the man and redeem himself, win as a sidekick or fail to win anything and end up being branded a ring chaser who fell flat.

dunksby
07-08-2016, 09:10 AM
I am mature, you are the one who wants a discussion while dropping ad hominem thinking it makes you look cool.

SilkkTheShocker
He gave OKC long enough IMO, you were probably one of numerous people who called OKC's FO cheap for not going after stars or failing to keep Harden and so on. Now you have changed your tune just to pile up on KD so you can give the same treatment people gave LeBron for years to Durant now.
All in all, this will have three outcomes for Durant, he either ends up winning a ring/rings as the man and redeem himself, win as a sidekick or fail to win anything and end up being branded a ring chaser who fell flat.

Dude, I already just said I don't blame him for leaving. What I am telling you is that what he and LeBron did isn't the same at all. I applaud him for taking his legacy into his own hands. And I have always bashed OKC ownership for being cheap. But he also went to the most stacked team in the league, coming off two title appearances and one asterisk win. All I am saying is that in order for him to get credit, he is going to need to reel off a Finals MVP or two. LeBron would have gotten destroyed if Wade won Finals MVPs over him. And people still bash Curry for letting a bench player win it over him. What Durant does in GS won't mean shit unless he is the man.

dunksby
well, as the saying goes: you are what you watch.

Good luck rooting for your new team, you'll fit in well with all the bandwagoners :oldlol:
I won't be rooting for a team that has Draymond Green starting for them.

AintNoSunshine
07-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Dude, I already just said I don't blame him for leaving. What I am telling you is that what he and LeBron did isn't the same at all. I applaud him for taking his legacy into his own hands. And I have always bashed OKC ownership for being cheap. But he also went to the most stacked team in the league, coming off two title appearances and one asterisk win. All I am saying is that in order for him to get credit, he is going to need to reel off a Finals MVP or two. LeBron would have gotten destroyed if Wade won Finals MVPs over him. And people still bash Curry for letting a bench player win it over him. What Durant does in GS won't mean shit unless he is the man.

Even if he's "the man" it still wouldn't mean much to those who follows the NBA closely. The Warriors without him is a strong title contender, adding him should make them the overwhelming favorite. They are SUPPOSED AND EXPECTED to win. He didn't have to fight through much. It's supposed to be an easy goal.

ArbitraryWater
07-08-2016, 09:42 AM
I am mature, you are the one who wants a discussion while dropping ad hominem thinking it makes you look cool.

stop playing the victim card dude... really. There isn't even any ad hominem in my post, and dont you act like you'd be above that :oldlol: Just own up to his bitchness.

J Shuttlesworth
07-08-2016, 09:50 AM
He gave OKC long enough IMO.
The thing is... OKC gave him a good enough cast to win a title. His teammate was a top 4 player and had Ibaka, Kanter, Adams, etc. They proved they were good enough to win when they got up 3-1 on GSW, but ultimately, Durant couldn't close the deal in game 6 and went 10-31

dunksby
07-08-2016, 09:53 AM
stop playing the victim card dude... really. There isn't even any ad hominem in my post, and dont you act like you'd be above that :oldlol: Just own up to his bitchness.
I guess you just decided to add a bunch of ******* randomly in your post? I'm not playing the victim card either. You are all over the place, you are a LeBron fan so I understand your need to call somebody a bitch or something, I keep maintaining that any flak KD is getting, he has it coming because of his decision, what part of it is unclear to you?

Gileraracer
07-08-2016, 09:56 AM
I think it actually is, cause everything but a ring would be a big choke job

dunksby
07-08-2016, 09:59 AM
The thing is... OKC gave him a good enough cast to win a title. His teammate was a top 4 player and had Ibaka, Kanter, Adams, etc. They proved they were good enough to win when they got up 3-1 on GSW, but ultimately, Durant couldn't close the deal in game 6 and went 10-31
Durant was the driving force behind their success, OKC didn't even make the playoffs without him.

alanLA92
07-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Durant was the driving force behind their success, OKC didn't even make the playoffs without him.

To be fair, OKC finished 45-37 in 2015. In most years, that would put you in even on the western conference.

BlakFrankWhite
07-08-2016, 10:41 AM
To be fair, OKC finished 45-37 in 2015. In most years, that would put you in even on the western conference.

Westbrook missed 17 and Ibaka missed 18 game that season.

With Westbrook: 40-25

Without Westbrook: 5-12

ArbitraryWater
07-08-2016, 10:46 AM
I guess you just decided to add a bunch of ******* randomly in your post? I'm not playing the victim card either. You are all over the place, you are a LeBron fan so I understand your need to call somebody a bitch or something, I keep maintaining that any flak KD is getting, he has it coming because of his decision, what part of it is unclear to you?

dont even know what that word was tbh..

dankok8
07-08-2016, 12:03 PM
If you think what Kevin Durant did was bad

In reality, what LeBron did was worse

LeBron left his hometown team to join the players with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league (Wade and Bosh)

https://s31.postimg.org/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

That would be the same as Curry leaving his hometown to join OKC (joining with the 2nd and 4th highest PER)

https://s31.postimg.org/japo0i0yz/King_Curry.png

Nobody cares about PER. Bosh was never that good.

Bron came along with Bosh to a 47-win team that lost in the 1st round. And Miami had to completely gut their roster and dispatch Marion, Wright, J. O'Neal, and Beasley just to sign those guys. In 2011, a washed up Bibby and Joel Anthony started for the Heat. They were the big three and then scrubs until Chalmers improved the following year and they added a few more pieces like Battier, Miller etc.

And you're comparing that to Durant joining a team that Vegas said is the title favorite for 2017 WITHOUT HIM. A team that won 73 games and has 3 all-stars and won a title with the same core the year prior and easily could have won two in a row. And somehow that's not a lot worse than what Lebron did. :oldlol:

theaussieguy
07-08-2016, 12:10 PM
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/lebron-4.jpg

i dunno why but i just noticed how insanely good the image quality of this photo is despite low res, feels like there, high end camera gear is the shit

Just2McFly
07-08-2016, 12:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/EKCm4E5.png

wtf are you a gs fan now too? like wtf?

riseagainst
07-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Playing alongside the reigning 2 time league MVP, the best shooter ever, a top 5 player in the league in Curry; 2nd best shooter ever, top 3 shooting guard in the league in Klay; top 3 PF in the league in Draymond, a walking triple double and a top 3 DPOY candidate, the real MVP of the Warriors....

no, it will be very tough to win a championship with this team.

:lol

tmacattack33
07-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Hardly anyone actually speaks the truth in media interviews. You lie so much that you end up saying some weird and cliche type of stuff ("it's all about the road ahead", "every day is a challenge", "i was just thinking about getting the Win", etc) that you don't really believe but you gotta say something to get the interview done.

But this one was way dumber than usual, and Durant is an idiot for thinking that what he said would even make sense.

livinglegend
07-08-2016, 01:36 PM

OKC gave him enough.
If he doesn't choke game 6, they beat the warriors and make the finals.
Their loss wasn't on the supporting cast, it was on Durant.
He had enough help.

r0drig0lac
07-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Playing alongside the reigning 2 time league MVP, the best shooter ever, a top 5 player in the league in Curry; 2nd best shooter ever, top 3 shooting guard in the league in Klay; top 3 PF in the league in Draymond, a walking triple double and a top 3 DPOY candidate, the real MVP of the Warriors....

no, it will be very tough to win a championship with this team.

:lol
this