TheWinningFam
07-09-2016, 06:14 AM
Kay felder is the backup pg obv

Jasper
07-09-2016, 09:45 AM
dunleavy is a SG

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2016, 10:41 AM
I would prefer not to start Tristan at the 5 until we get down to the last month of the season or so. That's how they've done it in the past because he is undersized and that's a lot of getting knocked around for 82 games.

If there isn't another move coming, that might not be possible, but it is a concern I have. Here's the lineup as it stands assuming JR and Bron get signed soon.

PG: Kyrie Irving, Kay Felder, Mo Williams
SG: JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Jordan McRae
SF: LeBron James, Richard Jefferson, Mike Dunleavy
PF: Kevin Love, Channing Frye, James Jones
C: Tristan Thompson, Chris Anderson, Sasha Kaun

That is looking like the 15, though Kaun and McRae could be shipped to the D-League if they have another move in them.

Regardless, that's still a damn good roster and I think the Cavs might be better off waiting until the deadline to use the remaining trade chips. I'm also really intrugued by Felder. I don't expect him to play right away, but someone is going to have to eat up the minutes left by Delly. Mo is still capable and LeBron will play the point in some lineups, but I think he could potentially make a difference if he is as fast and shifty as he has looked in SL.

moongaze
07-09-2016, 11:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v_ao7YHuo4&app=desktop

I'm confused as hell why Jordan McCrae doesn't get more burn. Re few times I've been him play he's shown a better offensive game than shumpert and Delly yet he stays glued to the bench. I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see him get more minutes than shumpert. Just feels like the cavs are wasting talent by not playing him. How can a guy that good offensively not get any burn? Weird

retaxis
07-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Cavs don't need offence.. They have Kyrie, Bron, Love and Jr and they can give you 100+points a game themselves. Whatever else Shump/Mo/TT and Frye gets you is just bonus.

With Dunleavy there is a lot of flexibility which means they can roll out this line up if they dont want Mo 'chucker' williams to come off the bench

Irving/Shump/Mo
Jr/Richard Jefferson/Shump
Lebron/Dunleavy/Richard Jefferson
Love/TT/Frye
TT/Anderson/frye

Shump comes off the bench at the 1 position to defend opposing guards.
In this scenario also, if the Cavs are to play a big team like OKC/Spurs etc where the opponents are fielding two 7 footers, the Cavs will roll out the Love/Birdman lineup. If they are playing a team without a real centre e.g. Celtics, then they can start TT. Idea is to prevent TT from being banged up and injured for the playoffs. regular season is a grind and has no bearings on the line up of the playoffs. All the Cavs really need is a big guy like Birdman/Kaun to stand in the middle and rebound/throw some elbows around/hard foul a few times. Take the weight and pressure of the more valuable highly paid bigs in TT and Love.

moongaze
07-09-2016, 12:13 PM
It's the wrong approach saying oh well we have 4 good scorers so let's not try to add more good scorers to our lineup. How is having more offensive weapons something you just toss to the side. Shumpert has no offensive game, is a poor shooter and dribbler yet he plays because he has a reputation as a good defender. The thing is he's not even that good defensively. Just about anyone , minus old, injured players, can play defense. It's silly to me to let a guy that contributes nothing on the offensive end continue to play just so he can guard other players.

I felt the same way about Delly. He's better offensively than shumpert, but still sucks. People were renting about his so called defense against curry and in general but he barely played against golden state and curry had a worse series statistically against the so called defensive liability Kyrie. Mo Williams, a better offensive talent than Delly played more.

Jordan McCrae needs to get traded if the cavs aren't going to use him. I'm sure some team could use a long, athletic wing that can shoot, dribble, penetrate and finish at the rim well.

Meticode
07-09-2016, 03:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v_ao7YHuo4&app=desktop

I'm confused as hell why Jordan McCrae doesn't get more burn. Re few times I've been him play he's shown a better offensive game than shumpert and Delly yet he stays glued to the bench. I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see him get more minutes than shumpert. Just feels like the cavs are wasting talent by not playing him. How can a guy that good offensively not get any burn? Weird
You should've see McRae last night in the Summer League game. He was chucking like a motherf*cker taking obvious shots away from other teammates.