PDA

View Full Version : Guns are a problem, because wackos use them - is Islam similarly problematic?

Bourne
07-09-2016, 03:38 PM
cognitive dissonance

~primetime~
07-09-2016, 04:20 PM
No, I've always had the mindset that men do bad things...not religions. Religion is just an excuse used to carry out the BS they want done, like demean women, kill others, etc. I think if Christianity was the leading religion in the middle east, that these cavemen would be killing in the name of Jesus.

Guns aren't an excuse for anyone to harm anyone...no one has ever said "I killed him because guns wanted me to". Guns are just a tool used to kill, and we can control guns to some extent...we can't really force people to believe what we want them to believe though.

Akrazotile
07-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Ive observed the same disconnect OP. We can ban guns but not moslems?

Why?

What does America need moslems for?

NumberSix
07-09-2016, 04:54 PM
No, I've always had the mindset that men do bad things...not religions. Religion is just an excuse used to carry out the BS they want done, like demean women, kill others, etc. I think if Christianity was the leading religion in the middle east, that these cavemen would be killing in the name of Jesus.

Guns aren't an excuse for anyone to harm anyone...no one has ever said "I killed him because guns wanted me to". Guns are just a tool used to kill, and we can control guns to some extent...we can't really force people to believe what we want them to believe though.
That you think this just shows that you haven't figured out what the hell is going on.

imdaman99
07-09-2016, 04:57 PM

I agree with this post. People wanna act as if it was religion that created violence :oldlol:

poido123
07-09-2016, 05:13 PM
I agree with this post. People wanna act as if it was religion that created violence :oldlol:

You are trying to tell us there is no link between the violent directives in the Quran and terrorism/muslim culture? There was muslim terrorism before the big bad west existed too.

Their leader was a warrior, it makes perfect sense.

Look at most muslim countries, they are fighting amongst their own subgroups and performing some of the most horrific violence in their law system.

JEFFERSON MONEY
07-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Instead ask yourself Bourne NumberSixand poido, if your lives are problematic to the well being of the universe.

Chris only needs to take one look at his life so far to see that his existence is a net negative. He can change if he learns.

If America were composed of men even half as virtuous as Prophet Muhammad there would be justice, sincerity, equality, knowledge, freedom, peace, happiness, honest business ethics, environmental preservation, proper diets, native American salvation, unity at a much higher level. Or Abraham or Jesus.

America, being under the mercy of One God, can crumble or sustain itself depending on the character of the citizens. Islam strengthens people's intellectual moral character and spirituality.

There are laws of prayer, fasting, charity, environmental care, ethics, knowledge, gender relations, moderation and hundreds of others in Islam that help people lead balanced fulfilling lives pleasing to God

Bosnian Sajo
07-10-2016, 06:32 PM

That's exactly what OP says, which I agree with the both of you.

Bourne
07-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Instead ask yourself Bourne NumberSixand poido, if your lives are problematic to the well being of the universe.

Chris only needs to take one look at his life so far to see that his existence is a net negative. He can change if he learns.

If America were composed of men even half as virtuous as Prophet Muhammad there would be justice, sincerity, equality, knowledge, freedom, peace, happiness, honest business ethics, environmental preservation, proper diets, native American salvation, unity at a much higher level. Or Abraham or Jesus.

America, being under the mercy of One God, can crumble or sustain itself depending on the character of the citizens. Islam strengthens people's intellectual moral character and spirituality.

There are laws of prayer, fasting, charity, environmental care, ethics, knowledge, gender relations, moderation and hundreds of others in Islam that help people lead balanced fulfilling lives pleasing to God

If the positive tenants of religion were the only ones followed, of course the world would be a better place. And if everyone followed the golden rule, you wouldn't even need religion to tell you what to do. It would be marvelous.

Too bad religions have bad aspects and the one you are touting has either the largest amount of bad aspects or the most aspects that are perverse in western civilization or the most that are acted upon.

But you're right, Islam is flawless.

iamgine
07-10-2016, 10:01 PM

This is both true and false.

True men do bad things regardless of religion.

False because religion is a doctrine. And a different doctrine would not have the same effect. i.e maybe if the doctrine is Buddhism, there would still be violence but it would be much lower and shorter in time.

Dresta
07-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Yeah, it obviously didn't: violence and disorder are the natural conditions of man. Pagan religions and human sacrifice were not exactly uncommon in the pre-Abrahamic world.

But that doesn't mean that Christianity isn't a whole lot more pussified than Islam, and that modern morality, which is a sickly (and more masochistic) descendent of Christianity, isn't all that compatible with Islamic-derived morality. Christians and Muslims are likely more compatible than Muslims and the dogmas of the modern West tbh.

JEFFERSON MONEY
07-11-2016, 04:23 PM
If the positive tenants of religion were the only ones followed, of course the world would be a better place. And if everyone followed the golden rule, you wouldn't even need religion to tell you what to do. It would be marvelous.

Too bad religions have bad aspects and the one you are touting has either the largest amount of bad aspects or the most aspects that are perverse in western civilization or the most that are acted upon.

But you're right, Islam is flawless.

1) Apologies for the first reply, anger overtook me especially when other mischievous characters in this thread pollute the collective consciousness.
1) Irregardless of what others around you do, God states each individual soul is responsible for their actions on Earth. There were Habiths states during the last Prophets life were talked about the way the Way would be used for worldly gains.

You ever think maybe ... just maybe. ... The events unfolding in your life, the lack of peace, the anxiety, the lack of fulfillment are guiding you to approach a different path in life. Jesup referred to this as the narrow and straight.

More Muslims are being killed by terrorism.

Secondly The poor unfortunate people in the West are being forced to pay for things they don't need, enslaved economically, caught up in distractions, being lied to, denied many freedoms, losing their inner peace, having their health destroyed, their families taken apart. Let's focus on fixing and patching up these issues.

1c) Have you ever learned the Quran and Sunnah? You have some vague concept of Islam in your mind that isn't even accurate or comprehensive in the first place. How about you define Islam Bourne comprehensively? Doctors and intellectuals can not offer cures without an in depth understanding of a pathology in the first place.

1D) One of the mental illnesses of a lack of religion is throwing stabs in the dark as to the origin and causes of everything when the Truth is God has power over all things. Over all things.
1E) Relative morality much?

2) Unless you are some kind of highly trained physician who can detect the true source and origin of all diseases and imbalances on all levels of life I'd advise against your innate posting. For example problems like economic inequality are like a seizure and impaired breathing and stage 4 cancer compared to the internal bleeding of violence, in the world today. Disconnection with God is worse than a computer unplugged to its source of power trying to operate.

3) Golden rule is necessary but insufficient. Golden Rule is just a small part of Scripture which deals with wisdom on all affairs.

4) All the religions teach balance. They all share much in common but some have been corrupted over time. Islam teaches detachment from the material world but unlike Buddhism it has the first fundamental premise of the Oneness of God. Islam is the same thing as Christianity before Saul. Christianity was so beautiful when preserved in its original form and all people could grow in Knowledge of God.