PDA

View Full Version : How would a Thunder-Cavs finals had gone?

Stringer Bell
07-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Curious as to how you think this series would have gone if the Warriors hadn't come back from the 3-1 deficit.

Obviously the Warriors and Thunder have different styles to trouble the Cavs, and different weaknesses for the Cavs to exploit.

TheWinningFam
07-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Cavs in 5, they would have used frye more and he was lights out from 3 up until the finals..

Ben Simmons
07-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Durant is softer than Curry to be honest.

RedBlackAttack
07-09-2016, 07:18 PM
As a Cavs fan, I was rooting very hard for OKC. The Cavs just happened to match up really well against that particular lineup. It wasn't because they weren't a great team ... GSW was the worst possible matchup of the three other elite teams in the league and OKC was the best.

Over the last two years, in games where the Cavs were healthy (and even times when they weren't), they were dominant against OKC. Their more conventional lineup allowed us to dictate the game. Channing Frye, who was huge for us in the first three rounds of the playoffs, couldn't even get on the court against GSW. Neither could Delly.

Both of those guys would've played big roles against OKC and it would have been a much better matchup for Love.

HylianNightmare
07-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Cabs in 5 or 6

BlkMambaGOAT
07-09-2016, 07:54 PM
AlphaBrook would wreak havoc on the Cavs backcourt.

Kevin Durant will have Lebron shook with his shooting touch.

Lebron will be shook from missing jumpers even though the defenders gave him 2+ meters of space.

Ibaka would swat the f**k out of any drives.

Thunder in 6.

Micku
07-09-2016, 08:06 PM
I don't see Durant having as bad of a finals as Curry did.

I think this would be a interesting matchup.

Hoopz2332
07-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Cavs in 5 and Kevin LOve would've beasted

Nike D'Antoni
07-10-2016, 05:05 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duranke01&p2=jamesle01

It would have been another Lebron ass kicking Durant

Im Still Ballin
07-10-2016, 05:08 AM
Cavs in 5-6

Love plays really well against them

I made a long ass post about this

Cleveland wins the rebounding battle (They have over the LeBron return cleveland era so far)

And OKC shoots terribly from 3, whereas Cleveland always lighted up OKC

Not enough defense for OKC

Im Still Ballin
07-10-2016, 05:09 AM
But the most telling thing to me is... Even if it got close, pushing LeBron to that level, would be the decider

JohnMax
07-10-2016, 05:20 AM
Cavs in 4.

This is the real reason Durant left OKC.

BlakFrankWhite
07-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Westbrook would have run trains on Kyrie and JR.

But yeah LeBron would made KD his bitch for 100th and won it.

SilkkTheShocker
07-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Westbrook would have run trains on Kyrie and JR.

But yeah LeBron would made KD his bitch for 100th and won it.
This is a myth about Westbrook. Irving probably owns him more than he does Curry. You can't be LeBron with low-IQ NBA players. And Westbrook might be the dumbest in the league when it comes to on the court decision making.

SilkkTheShocker
07-10-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't see Durant having as bad of a finals as Curry did.

I think this would be a interesting matchup.
Cavs would've swept OKC into another dimension.

Meticode
07-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Personally...even though I thought the Cavs had no chance to beat Golden State I was wanting Golden State to win against OKC. Reason being, I wanted no excuses on their championship. I wanted the absolute hardest road. Even if OKC won I think most people would've considered the Warriors the better team to beat the Cavs.

And the Cavs coming back down 3-1, against the best regular season team ever...just makes the championship all that more enjoyable.

Its just the way I am. I'm always wanting the hardest opponent, the longest odds, the best competition, but most people given any sport seem to want their team in the playoffs to play the easier opponent for them for the easiest road to their championship.

imdaman99
07-10-2016, 11:04 AM
OKC was a different animal in the playoffs than the soft bitches they looked like in the regular season.

Westbrook would have had a lot more of an impact than Curry. I say he actually mans up on Kyrie and outplays him.

OKC in 6.

The only thing that changes that result is the fact that Durant is buddies with Lebron, we know Durant doesn't have the balls to shit on his friends. Which is why he tanked against Golden State.

ScalsFan21
07-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Personally...even though I thought the Cavs had no chance to beat Golden State I was wanting Golden State to win against OKC. Reason being, I wanted no excuses on their championship. I wanted the absolute hardest road. Even if OKC won I think most people would've considered the Warriors the better team to beat the Cavs.

And the Cavs coming back down 3-1, against the best regular season team ever...just makes the championship all that more enjoyable.

Its just the way I am. I'm always wanting the hardest opponent, the longest odds, the best competition, but most people given any sport seem to want their team in the playoffs to play the easier opponent for them for the easiest road to their championship.

As a Bransvestite and non-Cavs fan, that's how I was approaching it. I mean, I root for the Nets and I usually root for them to have the easiest road possible as a team, but LeBron stans really don't have much to root for other than LeBron climbing to unanimous top 2 all time, and he's kind of already there... so why not rack up achievements Michael never did? Such as beating a 73-win behemoth in the finals and maybe an all-time Dream Team Golden Stacked super team next year. Figure it was better to maximize his odds at distinguishing himself further from his fellow top 5ers by facing an historically great team.

Not sure the team fan in me could look at it that way though, I'd rather the maximum odds of a title run.

Hoopz2332
07-10-2016, 11:19 AM

Most of the people on realcavs forums had the same train of thought

SilkkTheShocker
07-10-2016, 01:50 PM
OKC was a different animal in the playoffs than the soft bitches they looked like in the regular season.

Westbrook would have had a lot more of an impact than Curry. I say he actually mans up on Kyrie and outplays him.

OKC in 6.

The only thing that changes that result is the fact that Durant is buddies with Lebron, we know Durant doesn't have the balls to shit on his friends. Which is why he tanked against Golden State.
You honestly might be mentally retarded.

Lakers Legend#32
07-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Ratings would have tanked with the smaller than small market OKC in the Finals.

Meticode
07-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Most of the people on realcavs forums had the same train of thought
That's because we used to the history being in the negative. We don't expect to win. And if we do win, we want not excuses of how we won. We want to earn it.