PDA

View Full Version : Curry is the Peyton Manning of the NBA

JT123
07-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Regular season GOAT/greatest playoff choker of all time. Literally the ONLY superstar to surrender a 3-1 lead in the Finals. :facepalm
Like Manning his only rings have been due to getting carried by teammates, hence 0/22

TheWinningFam
07-09-2016, 08:07 PM
I agree.. perfect comparison :applause:

JT123
07-09-2016, 08:18 PM
I agree.. perfect comparison :applause:
:cheers: We are always on the same page. Sometimes I feel like we share a brain :eek:

ScalsFan21
07-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Ehhh... time will tell. He'd literally have to go ringless for the next decade and then get carried to a courtesy chip as a near 40 y/o reserve.

He's way too good and has got too much historically stacked help to expect anything short of 3 rings by the end of his career, and possibly more.

bigkingsfan
07-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Chef Papa Johns Curry

NBAGOAT
07-09-2016, 08:24 PM
this Manning is a playoff choker narrative is way too overblown :facepalm. There's a reason he used to be the main comparison for Lebron and I thought it was good one. Like Lebron, his playoff play is actually pretty good. He just didn't have that much team success because his teams weren't great.

JT123
07-09-2016, 08:30 PM
this Manning is a playoff choker narrative is way too overblown :facepalm. There's a reason he used to be the main comparison for Lebron and I thought it was good one. Like Lebron, his playoff play is actually pretty good. He just didn't have that much team success because his teams weren't great.
:biggums: Bro Peyton's numbers always dropped off in the playoffs (like Curry's do) while Lebron's numbers always significantly increase in the post season (especially elimination games)
Peyton and Lebron are literally nothing alike

NBAGOAT
07-09-2016, 08:37 PM
:biggums: Bro Peyton's numbers always dropped off in the playoffs (like Curry's do) while Lebron's numbers always significantly increase in the post season (especially elimination games)
Peyton and Lebron are literally nothing alike

every qb not named Montana or Bradshaw's numbers drop in the postseason because defenses are tougher in the postseason. His playoff numbers are still pretty good, arguably top 5 if you looks at stats that account for defense. Lebron's numbers don't increase that much in the postseason btw, stay roughly the same. Higher raw totals, lower efficiency. Similar box score metrics.

Basketball Fan
07-09-2016, 08:44 PM

Its overblown because he actually went to 4 SBs and won 2 and many go their entire careers without going to an SB let alone winning one.

tmacattack33
07-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Nah, Curry's playoff struggles actually have something to do with real big differences in intensity + differences in the way a ref will call a reg season game vs playoff game (they allow more contact in the playoffs).

The NFL reg season to playoff gap isn't as big. Each NFL reg season game is still very intense.

Manning's playoff struggles are just bad luck and getting cold at the wrong time a couple times. He also had some great playoff runs.

tmacattack33
07-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Ehhh... time will tell. He'd literally have to go ringless for the next decade and then get carried to a courtesy chip as a near 40 y/o reserve.

He's way too good and has got too much historically stacked help to expect anything short of 3 rings by the end of his career, and possibly more.

Umm...somebody clearly isn't a big nfl fan or was living in a cave in 2007.

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Poppa bless.

PP34Deuce
07-10-2016, 12:40 AM
Lebron is Peyton of the nba. Prodigy as a child...both face of league...both have amazing stats and accolades.

Curry is randy moss with a ring. He has an amazing skill that can dissappear with physical play..just like randy.

BlazerRed
07-10-2016, 12:42 AM
Very true, mind blown :applause:

Wally450
07-10-2016, 01:50 AM
OP is a good poster. Good thread.

Cleverness
07-10-2016, 02:40 AM
Weird... some Bron, Kobe, and MJ stans were comparing Manning to LeBron a few years ago and even said LeBron wasn't even on Manning's level. Now Bron stans are saying Curry = Manning:wtf:

Bandito
07-10-2016, 02:48 AM
:cheers: We are always on the same page. Sometimes I feel like we share a brain :eek:
This dude cannot be serious ::lol

Lebron23
07-10-2016, 03:17 AM
Weird... some Bron, Kobe, and MJ stans were comparing Manning to LeBron a few years ago and even said LeBron wasn't even on Manning's level. Now Bron stans are saying Curry = Manning:wtf:

LeBron is a 4x NBA MVP, and 3x Finals MVP.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
07-10-2016, 03:46 AM
LeBron is a 4x NBA MVP, and 3x Finals MVP.

Who won the other 4 FMVPS?