PDA

View Full Version : Kkinchen Tonight: Larry Nance Jr Defensive Player of the Year

kkinchen
07-10-2016, 05:19 PM
This may be premature after a summer league game, but he is showing the potential to be that type of player.

Lakers91
07-11-2016, 11:21 PM
This may be premature after a summer league game, but he is showing the potential to be that type of player.

Maybe a little premature but he certainly looked really good defensively especially with his reading of the play and help defense, looked really good, Zubac looking much further along than some thought too (he's a huge unit :oldlol:)

kkinchen
07-13-2016, 01:03 AM
Firstly, I would like to think you all for giving me my own nightly thread. I would prefer it be called Coach Kinchen tonight....but I digress.

I'm really impressed with Moustafa Fall as well. If he makes our regular season roster we will truly have the big three with Mozgov/Zubac/Fall.

kkinchen
10-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Russell/Williams/Deng/Randle/Black
Clarkson/Brown/Ingram/Nance Jr/T.Robinson

Reserves: Huertas, Calderon,Zubac,Jianlin,Mozgov

I realized we just payed Mozgov a lot of money but that rotation there will be a nightmare for the rest of the league, even Golden State.

kkinchen
10-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Luke Walton seems to be thinking in the direction of

Russell/Williams/Deng/Randle/Mozgov
Clarkson/Calderon/Ingram/Nance Jr/Black
Huertas/Young/Brown/JianLin/Zubac

I like the balance of that roster. We can go big, we can go small. We got vets, we got young all-stars. We got shooters, dunkers, and slashers all over the court.

sammichoffate
10-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Luke Walton seems to be thinking in the direction of

Russell/Williams/Deng/Randle/Mozgov
Clarkson/Calderon/Ingram/Nance Jr/Black
Huertas/Young/Brown/JianLin/Zubac

I like the balance of that roster. We can go big, we can go small. We got vets, we got young all-stars. We got shooters, dunkers, and slashers all over the court.**** dis *****, that's all

Bosnian Sajo
10-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Swaggy P is the man.

OP is confused lol, why would we give 64m to a guy if he's going to be our 3rd string center.....

qrich
10-14-2016, 04:42 PM
I'd go:

PG: Russell (SG/SF)
SG: Clarkson (PG)
SF: Ingram (PF)
PF: Deng (SF/CE)
CE: Mozgov
6th: Williams (SG/PG)
7th: Randle (PF/CE)
8th: Nance (CE/PF)
9th: Black (PF/CE)
10th: Calderon (PG/SG)
11th: Huertas (PG)
12th: Brown (SF/SG/PF)

kkinchen
10-16-2016, 06:59 PM
My main takeaway from our first exhibition game against Golden State is that Nance Jr can be a gamechanger with his defense. Our best lineup come season end is probably going to be Russell/Young/Ingram/Nance Jr/Randle

We could even go small in the second unit:
Calderon/Williams/Clarkson/Deng/Black

insidehoops
10-17-2016, 01:59 PM
I like this, use this thread as a blog

kkinchen
11-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Luke Walton has done a pretty good job with this young Laker team thus far, but I do have a bone to pick with him as far as the rotation goes. If you are going to preach defense, and want to instill a defensive mentality in the team, then it makes sense to make the starters your best defensive players.

The second unit is outstanding defensively, and this is the reason they are leading the nba in bench scoring. Great defense leads to easy offense. So, I am making the case that this team could be scary good if the entire second unit were promoted to the starting lineup.

What has been the starting lineup has consistently been behind to start games this year, and our swarming defensive second unit has brought us back improbably on a couple occassions. I think Williams,Clarkson,Ingram,Nance,and Black should be our starters and Russell,Young,Deng,Randle,and Mozgov should be our bench.

$LakerGold
11-19-2016, 02:23 AM
Deng late in the 4th WHILE he went small was really something I questioned tonight. Deng at 4 was exposed real quick, they switched on JC guarding LMA & that killed the momentum late in the 4th. It was a great game overall. It wasn't an easy win for the Spurs at all. Win or learn.

kkinchen
11-19-2016, 03:55 PM
The insertion of Deng is precisely when our run ended. Nonethless, it is becoming evident that our current second unit is special defensively. They remind me of that Bulls team that won 72 games with the swarming type defense they play.

As for Deng, I think his best game so far was against Golden State. He did some really good things putting the ball on the floor, getting in the paint, and distributed to Randle and Mozgov for easy buckets right at the rim. I think Coach Walton should utilize him in that way every game.

Deng is a player that can initiate some really good interior passing that gives us easy buckets at the rim, and, more importantly allows us to play inside-out. Our first unit has to play that way offensively because they simply don't have the footspeed as a unit to play good transition defense. They are solid in the halfcourt but at a disadvantage when it comes to transition.

kkinchen
11-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Julius Randle has been compared to alot of really good NBA players- Lebron James, Lamar Odom, Draymond Green. But the more I watch him, the more I think he could develop into a 6'9" Russell Westbrook.

kkinchen
12-07-2016, 10:02 PM
he has been absolutely horrible this season. he doesn't deserve to don the purple and gold with his horrendous play on both ends of the floor. he is a real liability to our team. he's gotta go.....

dd24
12-08-2016, 07:48 PM
He's gonna have to play well before anybody is willing to give anything up for him. Otherwise the Lakers will have to really lose a trade. I'd wait for the next CBA if he doesn't start playing better. Maybe there will be another one time amnesty.

kkinchen
12-10-2016, 04:54 AM
Anyone would be an upgrade over Deng right now. I could think of several d-league players that could contribute more to our team than Deng.

tamaraw08
12-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Anyone would be an upgrade over Deng right now. I could think of several d-league players that could contribute more to our team than Deng.

Don't get me wrong bec I am really hoping that Mitch has put a buy out clause for his contract but actually he has improved on his last 5 games or so.
Averaging 10pts at 8 shots, 54% from the 3pt line, 50%FG.
I was there at Staples when he did a great job defending Carmelo Anthony.
And yes, I would trade him for 2 future 2nd rounders not bec he is garbage right now but I just don't see him contributing in his 3rd and esp his 4th year.

lakerfreak
12-22-2016, 02:08 PM
We have to count for the fact that this is still very much a young season, and what Luol Deng's role is on the team.

Was he brought here to be a starter? You could say yes. Was he brought here to provide support to the young guys, Ingram in particular? I would think so.

All of what he is doing for the team is under the umbrella of what we expect from him. So far from what I have seen, Ingram has been improving slowly, at a rate which is good for him for a safe transition, but not a part of our demand to have a team that competes for the championship.

I would safely say that Luol is performing the tasks of which were expected of him when he signed. We knew he wasn't going to be a superstar. We did slightly overpay (Slightly as in, everyone nowadays is getting so much money), but there is no reason to trade just because he makes us feel bad watching how he tries to fit in, in his first season, on a young, rebuilding team, with a brand new coach...etc.

Here is to a bright future with the lakers. We should thank Luol accordingly for agreeing to waste his last years on a rebuilding team to serve as a mentor for Ingram, who I really have high hopes for.

dd24
12-22-2016, 09:36 PM
He took the most money offered to him. Plain and simple. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. The Heat wanted him back but offered him less. I just read an article that the Wizards wanted him but offered him less and are now happy about that. I'm more surprised to see a lakerfreak post lol:lol :lol

SoCalMike
12-26-2016, 02:09 PM
The Lakers also have a salary minimum that they have to maintain per CBA rules... So, they did take on salary to ensure the league min. With so many young players, the Lakers dont have an expensive roster as compared to the past....

So they paid a lot for Deng and Mozgov, but it gets them to the levels they need to be.

:pimp:

kkinchen
12-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Please rescind this thread. I was really down on Deng, and then all of a sudden he turned back into that player he was at Duke- ultimate glue guy. High basketball IQ.

kkinchen
01-03-2017, 09:19 PM
I just saw a story calling Tarik Black and Thomas Robinson the bash brothers. Pretty good name. Those guys are really good at leading by example, going all out at all times. We saw the effect it had on Ingram with that nasty dunk against the Raptors. Its only a matter of time before our whole team starts playing as hard as the bash bros, or else they are gonna sit.

kkinchen
01-03-2017, 09:28 PM
I almost wanna see what those guys could do as starters. There would be some good possibilities there. Maybe move Randle over to the three or Ingram, or maybe even Nance JR when he comes back.

Mozgov came off the bench in Cleveland. I don't see any reason why Tarik Black wouldn't put up better numbers than Tristan Thompson if given starter minutes.

kkinchen
01-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Julius Randle with the second triple double of the season should be voted in to this year's all-star game. I encourage everyone on here to go vote for Randle .....

https://vote.nba.com/index.html?iref=asv17_nbadrd&cid=asv17_nbadrd

SoCalMike
01-14-2017, 01:43 AM
Sorry, but these are the exact kinds of posts that keep me from spending more time here. I am not the only one.

Up your game!

$LakerGold
01-14-2017, 02:36 AM
I have deleted, merged, etc. kkinchen's post so many times in the past two years, & I have messaged him (pre-pm disable) about it with the addition of suggestions for him, but I received no response.

I'm trying. :lol

SoCalMike
01-15-2017, 01:08 PM
I have deleted, merged, etc. kkinchen's post so many times in the past two years, & I have messaged him (pre-pm disable) about it with the addition of suggestions for him, but I received no response.

I'm trying. :lol

I appreciate it. I know what it is like to be a mod, and I am glad I don't do it anymore... anywhere...lol

kkinchen
03-13-2017, 02:36 AM
Like I said, Clarkson is cold. I want to see him out there starting for the rest of the season. He can do what he did agains the 76ers most nights if given starter minutes.

I would like to see this rotation for the rest of the season....

Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle/Zubac
Ennis/Nwaba/Brewer/Nance Jr/Black

Lets get it. Ennis would really thrive having those athletic guys he can throw lobs to, and Russ and Clarkson need to really establish themselves as the Swag Brothers. If Black doesn't handle his business I would mind seeing T Rob get some shine. Maybe Swaggy P could get some minutes at the 3 position.

tamaraw08
03-14-2017, 11:21 PM
I am actually giving away Luke's signed framed photograph memorabilia to a co-worker before I before I burn it in disgust.
I was in the Lakers/Sixers game and it seems like he's mailing it in too.,
3 breakaway run outs/layups in a span of 8 minutes and no reaction from him.
No offensive sets to get easy points coming from time outs. A lot of standing around, basic screen from a big to a PG, and that's about it.
I wonder now if Luke really has the ability to get into the young players head, esp Russell bec he's the same player who don't hustle, when was the last time you saw him dove for a loose ball? For most of his first half games he has 1 or even zero fouls, not saying he picks up a stupid foul but he's not even trying, at times his counterpart blows by him, and he's like "oh well, lets move on"...

kkinchen
03-29-2017, 07:10 PM
A few games into his nba career, I am convinced that diamond-in-the rough find by Magic Johnson, David Nwaba is a generational player. When we look back on his acquisition 5 years from now, I think we will find that he is a player that made defense exciting to watch.

Watching this guy play defense, in my eyes, is every bit as exciting as watching Westbrook on offense, or Curry drain those impossible 3's.

With that in mind, I am hoping the Lakers look to defense in this upcoming draft. It seems destined for us to acquire Lonzo Ball, but if the opportunity to get some more intense defensive players like Josh Jackson or Tatum is there, we should go in that direction. I would love to get another Nigerian player late in the first round too if he is available- Semi Ojeleye.

kkinchen
04-15-2017, 04:21 AM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-larry-nance-jr-envisions-himself-in-defensive-player-of-the-year-discussions/2017/04/15/

Check this out for everyone that ever doubted my basketball genius. I suggested this a year before even Nance jr. saw this in himself.

Never doubt Coach Kinchen. I hope Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka are reading my posts. I'm that good.

dd24
04-15-2017, 11:01 AM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-larry-nance-jr-envisions-himself-in-defensive-player-of-the-year-discussions/2017/04/15/

Check this out for everyone that ever doubted my basketball genius. I suggested this a year before even Nance jr. saw this in himself.

Never doubt Coach Kinchen. I hope Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka are reading my posts. I'm that good.

I like him as a player but I'm not sure we will ever see him truly in that discussion.

bladefd
04-15-2017, 11:48 AM
I like him as a player but I'm not sure we will ever see him truly in that discussion.

Nance has a great all-around game and plays great defense in the minutes he plays. I just don't know if he will ever be a starter playing 35+ mins to be worthy of consideration as defensive player of year. You must be a starter on a 50+ win team to truly even qualify for the award relative to other candidates like Green or Gobert or Kawhi. We are not there yet lol

dd24
04-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Those were my thoughts. He would need to be the full time starter on a very good team. Right now Randle looks to be more of the starter than he is.

bladefd
04-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Those were my thoughts. He would need to be the full time starter on a very good team. Right now Randle looks to be more of the starter than he is.

Well, Nance can play center. If he can continue to develop his offense, I think he can start at center in modern NBA alongside Randle. The way he plays (hi-flier) and his game being north to south, he has all the ingredients to play center. He is still undersized to play extensive minutes at center..

dd24
04-15-2017, 05:39 PM
I don't see him as a starting C at all. In certain situations sure, but to start every game.

kkinchen
04-28-2017, 12:45 AM
http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/04/24/d-fenders-point-guard-vander-blue-named-nba-d-league-mvp/

In light of this news, I think he deserves an invite to our training camp this fall. I think he is good enough to be a third string player for us.

kkinchen
04-30-2017, 07:16 PM
Posted this trade on ESPN. I would definitely this trade and then try to move Mozgov and Deng contract.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l6zduof

kkinchen
04-30-2017, 07:37 PM
It looks like our starting lineup for next year is going to be....

Ball/Ingram/George/Randle/Millsap

SoCalMike
05-02-2017, 05:48 PM
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

:pimp:

tamaraw08
05-02-2017, 05:56 PM
http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/04/24/d-fenders-point-guard-vander-blue-named-nba-d-league-mvp/

In light of this news, I think he deserves an invite to our training camp this fall. I think he is good enough to be a third string player for us.

MEH on this player bec we all saw what he can do. He shot under 35% from the 3pt line which is not good enough. I'll rather give a chance to a 3 and D player, hopefully find the next Patrick Beverley.

kkinchen
05-04-2017, 05:45 PM
I like Vander Blue as a third string guard for us. Not a rotation player. We are going to shell out some major dough this summer for all these superstars that want to team up with Lonzo Ball and the big baller brand. We're gonna need a couple bargains on our team and Blue could be one of them.

Also, going into 2017-2018 teams will be allowed to have 17 players on their roster. So, I could see a Vander Blue getting one of those spots.

dd24
05-04-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure the Lakers need him but he should be on a roster. I've said for a long time the guys who dominate the D League should be on a team. The D-League is better competition than college. There's plenty of those guys who will be on teams in a few months. I'm surprised more teams don't look to the D-League other than rookies they drafted. With the cap the way it is to find someone you can put on the roster cheap that you know can give you a few solid minutes when needed makes sense. The difference is some of these guys had a bit of a chance already. I just think some of them needed a little more time to develop.

tamaraw08
05-05-2017, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure the Lakers need him but he should be on a roster. I've said for a long time the guys who dominate the D League should be on a team. The D-League is better competition than college. There's plenty of those guys who will be on teams in a few months. I'm surprised more teams don't look to the D-League other than rookies they drafted. With the cap the way it is to find someone you can put on the roster cheap that you know can give you a few solid minutes when needed makes sense. The difference is some of these guys had a bit of a chance already. I just think some of them needed a little more time to develop.

Take the case of 2 journey men that Dallas picked up.
Yogi Ferrell has a PER of 13, same was Clarkson but shoots much better from the 3pt line at 40.3% to JC's 33% (he actually regressed from 34.7%:facepalm )
Seth Curry has roughly the same PER as Russell but is shooting a really good clip at 42.5% compared to D'Angelo at 35% from the 3pt area.
These TWO guys will space the floor so well, yet they are not very expensive players. I don't know why the Lakers can't find these shooters from either the D-league or from the collegiate level and yet have to settle on guys like Vander Blue who can't even shoot above 36% against guys who just flat out want to pad their numbers. :hammerhead:

dd24
05-05-2017, 07:35 PM
I said for a while that Curry just needed a chance. He was putting up such good shooting numbers in the D-League it just made sense. The Pistons were one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league this season. They were looking at all these D-League guys for their 3rd string PG position. I couldn't understand why they wouldn't look at him. Heck, every team today wants 3 point shooing lol. At some point teams will catch on to adding the best D-league players. Dallas was smart.

tamaraw08
05-06-2017, 11:23 PM
I said for a while that Curry just needed a chance. He was putting up such good shooting numbers in the D-League it just made sense. The Pistons were one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league this season. They were looking at all these D-League guys for their 3rd string PG position. I couldn't understand why they wouldn't look at him. Heck, every team today wants 3 point shooing lol. At some point teams will catch on to adding the best D-league players. Dallas was smart.

Yes, Including the Lakers, I am sorry for being redundant but let me just say again that the Lakers need to find the best shot doctor. Clarkson actually regressed, Russell stayed the same at 35% while Randle barely improved. Yes Ingram learned the nuances of the game,but he basicaly stayed paltry at 29% AFTER the allstar.
They wasted their first round pick on Anthony Brown who NEVER found his shot, even tried Yi Jian Lian but both were failures. Reggie Miller again gave so much credit to Chip Engelland for the much better shooting accuracy of Kawhi.

kkinchen
05-07-2017, 03:55 PM
I proposed a trade to bring in Paul George and Hassan Whiteside. Magic should definitely be doing business with Pat Riley and the Miami Heat this offseason, so this is somewhat realistic.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k6taqx4

dd24
05-16-2017, 05:20 PM
I proposed a trade to bring in Paul George and Hassan Whiteside. Magic should definitely be doing business with Pat Riley and the Miami Heat this offseason, so this is somewhat realistic.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k6taqx4

Why would anybody take on Bosh's contract, especially when he's going to end up off the cap for the Heat anyhow?? Plus why would Miami just give up their best player after they had a season where they played far better than anyone thought they would? There's nothing realistic about that trade to me.

kkinchen
05-29-2017, 11:22 PM
all signs are pointing towards the lakers drafting lonzo ball and jordan bell in this upcoming draft. I love it. add those guys to randle, ingram, paul george, and that would make a really interesting look for us.

Ball/Ingram/George/Randle/Bell

That could be special with Ball orchestrating that group of athletes. Watch out.

That would be like Tom Brady with 4 Gronkowski's.

kkinchen
05-29-2017, 11:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CLNogxu4wU

This video is the most exciting thing on the whole world wide web to me right now. Check this out.....