PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Paul George over Steph Curry right now?

Nilocon165
07-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Discuss.

Meticode
07-10-2016, 06:47 PM
- He's younger than Stephen Curry.

- The talent pool of point guards in the league is much deeper than players who can play multiple positions like George. So it's easier to get a decent PG versus a player like George.

- Paul George plays defense.

- Paul George still has his best years ahead of him. Curry possibly could've topped out last season making 402 threes.

Mikaiel
07-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Oh seriously come the **** on.

GS fans and I guess you could include players as well, got way too confident/cocky.

Let's not make the same mistake they did. Curry is a hell of bball player, let's not disrespect him.

CakeorDeath
07-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Assuming the question applies to the team I root for, and playing along as if the question is serious.

No. Jazz are weaker at the 1 than they are on the wing. Don't need George with Hayward/Hood/Burks/Johnson as the swingman rotation.

Curry upgrades the team more than George does. Favors/Gobert can rotate or step out just fine if Curry's man beats him.

BeastMode24
07-10-2016, 06:51 PM
would definitely take Paul George over LeRef. younger, more athletic, better shooter, better defender, better handles.

Fudge
07-10-2016, 06:56 PM
would definitely take Paul George over LeRef. younger, more athletic, better shooter, better defender, better handles.
Better shooter and that's pretty much it.

Nilocon165
07-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Rent free and lebron has always been better

sammichoffate
07-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Rent free and lebron has always been betterhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFI4CJdX66Y

Nilocon165
07-10-2016, 07:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFI4CJdX66Y
I assume you don't know what happened a few seconds later?

Hint: lebron hit a deep 3 at the buzzer

K Xerxes
07-10-2016, 07:16 PM
Curry's a top 3 player in the game. George is not on the same tier. Obvious answer.

Jasper
07-10-2016, 07:17 PM
George 100% ...
he passes
He rebounds
He steals
He has an all around game
AND he can shoot
He also can defend mulitple positions :applause:

Meticode
07-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Curry's a top 3 player in the game. George is not on the same tier. Obvious answer.
Depends on what you're looking for. When Curry's shot isn't going down he's close to useless. Being the greatest shooter of all time and having rare instances of not making shots helps, but George does more things on the court overall and is more versatile to me.

You can say there's an obvious answer, but I don't see it that easily.

Young X
07-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Besides Lebron in 2011 I don't think I've seen a star's stock drop more than Stephen Curry's from one finals series.

This shouldn't even be close.

G-train
07-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Curry.
My memory can go back far enough to see past his playoffs that were hindered by injury.
He played as good as anyone ever last season.

K Xerxes
07-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Depends on what you're looking for. When Curry's shot isn't going down he's close to useless. Being the greatest shooter of all time and having rare instances of not making shots helps, but George does more things on the court overall and is more versatile to me.

You can say there's an obvious answer, but I don't see it that easily.

Curry dominated an entire season and, up until the finals, was easily the best player in the game. I know that he under performed in the finals but George hasn't even been in that position yet. And say whatever you want but its a small sample size in a season where they played almost 100 games where his shots weren't falling.

George is more versatile. Yes he's a good defender and a good scorer. But he can't blow a game open like Curry can. He can't demoralise opponents. Stick a bunch of role players around Curry and they do far better than George would do.

George is far less likely to lead a team to a chip. He can't score at volume on even average efficiency.

K Xerxes
07-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Besides Lebron in 2011 I don't think I've seen a star's stock drop more than Stephen Curry's from one finals series.

This shouldn't even be close.

And it's not.

tpols
07-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Curry dominated an entire season and, up until the finals, was easily the best player in the game. I know that he under performed in the finals but George hasn't even been in that position yet. And say whatever you want but its a small sample size in a season where they played almost 100 games where his shots weren't falling.

George is more versatile. Yes he's a good defender and a good scorer. But he can't blow a game open like Curry can. He can't demoralise opponents. Stick a bunch of role players around Curry and they do far better than George would do.

George is far less likely to lead a team to a chip. He can't score at volume on even average efficiency.

paul george shot 58 TS and 63 TS in his last two years in the playoffs.. 25+ game sample.. way way above league average.. he's a really, really damn good offensive player.. just hasnt had help like his peers ever since hes come into his own.