PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan announces retirement.

L8krH8tr
07-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Legend

keep-itreal
07-11-2016, 10:07 AM
top 5

r0drig0lac
07-11-2016, 10:07 AM
top 5

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/cry.gif

Thunderfan86
07-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Thank you for all the wonderful years.....we love you Timmy! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Uncle Drew
07-11-2016, 10:09 AM
He goes out in style: a simple statement on the Spurs' website. Perfect way for him, only attention seekers want some nonsense farewell tour.

Odinn
07-11-2016, 10:09 AM
One of the saddest days for me in the NBA. Legend.

K Xerxes
07-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Kobe and Duncan both retire in the same season, in polar opposite ways, pretty much encapsulating their career personas.

We just lost the two legends most of us grew up watching. Sad.

Hey Yo
07-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch
Duncan goes old school. No TV show. No Players Tribute. No ESPN or SI story. Just a team release.

:applause: :bowdown:

kurple
How pathetic does the farewell tour look now?

When a better player retired the same summer without any fuzz

Haymaker
I told ya'll.

Proctor
07-11-2016, 10:13 AM
NBA just got half as interesting. :(

My favorite player ever. I'll never forget him spanking the Clippers a few years ago in the playoffs and putting on an absolute clinic doing what he did best for all those years.

Uncle Drew
07-11-2016, 10:13 AM
There's not even a single quote in the release. :oldlol:

derb2k2
07-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Rest in peace Timmy.

You are a legend that will not soon be forgotten.

Prime_Shaq
07-11-2016, 10:15 AM
http://www.nbapicshow.com/nba_picture/San_Antonio_Spurs/Tim_Duncan/Tim_Duncan_Bursting_into_Laughter.jpg

Its been real Timmy. Sad to see him go.

leMVP
07-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Thank you Timmy, because of you i started watching the NBA.

SpaceJam
07-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Knew he wasn't bringing that heat to them Warriors! :rockon:

Nah but for real, sad to see him go. Congrats on a great career Timmy D :applause:

AirTupac
07-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Look at these butt hurt ass people. These idiots really want everybody to be the same cookie cutter boring BS. Thats a fun world to live in. Where everybody is seldom and minimal. Fking losers :lol :lol :lol

Duncan retired cause he was a huge scrub this last season masked by a great team to really hide how shit he became. Fantastic career though, but lets be real, he was a scrub the last few seasons and no one really talked about it just as no one made a fuss about his retirement. He's a boring old fool who was retired 3 years ago but kept coming back for the checks.

Prime_Shaq
07-11-2016, 10:17 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzZfTFrCQAAebYx.jpg:large

Proctor
07-11-2016, 10:18 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

KCO
07-11-2016, 10:18 AM
The true quiet assassin! No surprise he went out quietly, a humble guy with a great game. A true legend for sure, major respect to the great Tim Duncan.

Timmmmmyyy!!!
:bowdown:

GreatHILL
07-11-2016, 10:19 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/tBb19fi8KBeb6CMUoJW/giphy.gif

AirTupac
Shaq knows he's a better player than Tim. So Shaq must think he's GOAT.

Bernkastel
Exact opposite of Mebe. Retires without a farewell tour. The last of a dying breed. Good luck Timmers. :applause:

SpaceJam
07-11-2016, 10:20 AM
A year or two back but I still remember reading this story from Etan Thomas

Here is my Tim Duncan story So we're playing the Spurs and I get the ball on the post. I inside pivot and sweep to the middle for my jump hook and he blocks it. So as we are running down the court he says to me "that was a good move but you have to get more into my body so you can either draw the foul or I can't block it". So I didn't know if he was talking noise or what so just kind of looked at him confused and said ok. Then, a few plays later I did it again got more into his body and he couldn't block it. I missed the shot and he looked at me and said much better and kept playing lol. I remember calling my boy Zee Chilton and telling him this story lol Tim Duncan is honestly one of the nicest guys in the NBA and one of the best power forwards ever. Respect

T_L_P
07-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Look at these butt hurt ass people. These idiots really want everybody to be the same cookie cutter boring BS. Thats a fun world to live in. Where everybody is seldom and minimal. Fking losers :lol :lol :lol

Duncan retired cause he was a huge scrub this last season masked by a great team to really hide how shit he became. Fantastic career though, but lets be real, he was a scrub the last few seasons and no one really talked about it just as no one made a fuss about his retirement. He's a boring old fool who was retired 3 years ago but kept coming back for the checks.

This is a troll post, right?

Duncan played great in 2014 and 2015. And his total salary in the past 2 years was, what, 12 million? If he was really paying for cheques he wouldn't have taken a paycut. :oldlol:

L8krH8tr
07-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Shaq knows he's a better player than Tim. So Shaq must think he's GOAT.

Stfu you Kobe butt lover gtfo this thread.

AirTupac
07-11-2016, 10:23 AM
This is a troll post, right?

Duncan played great in 2014 and 2015. And his total salary in the past 2 years was, what, 12 million? If he was really paying for cheques he wouldn't have taken a paycut. :oldlol:

His bumass should have retired a couple years ago. Taking a paycut doesn't mean he wasnt coming back to play for MILLIONS. He was taking it easy, putting up minimal stats, masked by a great contending team to make a few extra mill. Nothing to get mad about, dude was trying to make money on the low key.

Uncle Drew
07-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Even in retirement Duncan has AirTupac melting down.

r0drig0lac
07-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Tom Haberstroh
@tomhaberstroh

Tim Duncan's retirement press release notes that he led the league in defensive RPM in his final season. #TimmyDay twitter.com/spurs/status/7

Haymaker
07-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Manu will go next summer. Parker could stay about 2 or 3 years. End of an era.

GreatHILL
07-11-2016, 10:28 AM

because this stupid wigga is confused :oldlol:

Wavves
07-11-2016, 10:29 AM
An absolute class act and an even better basketball player.

Will be missed by everyone.

AirTupac
07-11-2016, 10:29 AM

Duncan never had me melting down. My *****, how old are you? Kobe regularly destroyed the Spurs. I'm good fam :lol

Derka
07-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Among the last of a dying breed. Gonna miss him.

AirFederer
He goes out in style: a simple statement on the Spurs' website. Perfect way for him, only attention seekers want some nonsense farewell tour.
This.

Legend. His stock will rise.

Nike D'Antoni
Deserved more rings in early 2000s when he was best player in the league, but Kobe & Shaq had to collude.

AirFederer
07-11-2016, 10:32 AM

Either trolling or retarded or both.

SCdac
07-11-2016, 10:36 AM
It was about that time. Sad day. Tim was nothing but a professional. Feel lucky to have watched him live so much, being a lifelong SA resident. Gonna miss Groundhog Day, The Big Fundamental. He was the perennial team captain and heart of the Spurs. First back to back mvp since Jordan, first finals mvp in SA history. Have a great retirement big guy. :( :bowdown: :applause:

D-Wait
07-11-2016, 10:37 AM
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/2/3/1/1231_front.jpg

Gonna play this one today!

CelticBaller
07-11-2016, 10:39 AM
A true retirement

Unlike the clown show that was kobes

alanLA92
07-11-2016, 10:39 AM
What a great career. Will miss Timmy. :bowdown: :bowdown:

keep-itreal
07-11-2016, 10:41 AM
:roll:

Bobcats2013
Timmy :bowdown: :bowdown:

MP.Trey
Duncan was great in 14 and 15, all things considered. Not sure what AirTupac is talking about there.

I will say he had too many games last year though, where he literally made 0 impact (Had a couple 0 point games, couple 0 board games, etc.) and this is not surprising for me to see him retire.

Props to him for going out with class. No need for this farewell tour BS.

StephHamann
07-11-2016, 10:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

Proctor
07-11-2016, 10:43 AM
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/2/3/1/1231_front.jpg

Gonna play this one today!
Incredible how long he played at a high level. I remember the "old" narrative starting in what seems like 07-08.

Paul George 24
07-11-2016, 10:51 AM
His bumass should have retired a couple years ago. Taking a paycut doesn't mean he wasnt coming back to play for MILLIONS. He was taking it easy, putting up minimal stats, masked by a great contending team to make a few extra mill. Nothing to get mad about, dude was trying to make money on the low key.
DUNCAN >>>>>>>>>> KOBRICK :banana:

r0drig0lac
07-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Basketball Reference ‏@bball_ref
Tim Duncan's 2003 playoff run was the best ever playoff performance by Win Shares and VORP

https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/752515320670224384

ninephive
07-11-2016, 10:54 AM

Led the league in DRPM last season. :bowdown:

El Gato Negro
07-11-2016, 10:54 AM
unexpected for me, will be odd seeing the spurs without him. thanks for all the years timmy :applause:

keep-itreal
07-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Basketball Reference ‏@bball_ref
Tim Duncan's 2003 playoff run was the best ever playoff performance by Win Shares and VORP

https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/752515320670224384
:bowdown:

SsKSpurs21
07-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Greg Oden, as quoted in Patrick Cassidy's cover story in the new issue of DIME Magazine:

"Everyone's been telling me that as a big man, no matter how much I prepare myself, you learn your toughest lesson when you go down to San Antonio. The other day [former NBA player and Blazers assistant coach] Monty Williams pulled me aside and told me: "That guy down there" -- meaning Tim Duncan -- "has had surgery on his left knee. He can only jump about this high [holds his fingers about an inch apart]. He won't say a word to you, and he will Bust. Your. Ass."

According Sports Illustrated, in 1997 Wofford coach Richard Johnson, whose well-overmatched team would face Duncan and the Demon Deacons the following day, told his players: "Let me tell you guys about who you're playing tomorrow. Someday your six-year-old kid will ask you for a Tim Duncan jersey for Christmas. This is your chance to play a future NBA Hall of Famer, your turn to face the greatest player any of you will ever meet."

Ron Artest on Tim Duncan

"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."

-Ron Artest

-----------------------------------------------------

"Till the Wheels fall off"... 19 years of sustained excellence. 19 years of 50+wins, 19 years of great memories. The greatest winning % in all of professional sports during your reign. Thank you Timmy for 19 great years.

Old Man River Walk

bobopenguin
07-11-2016, 11:20 AM
thx tim. now go enjoy the life! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

HylianNightmare
07-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Wish we could've seen him and gasol

Gileraracer
07-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Damn I was hoping for another season :cry:

Kiddlovesnets
This is a really bad day, I was hoping he'd return for another season or two. Farewell, Tim Duncan the legend.

$LakerGold
TD.

https://vimeo.com/166582239

SwayDizzle
07-11-2016, 11:29 AM
even tho his game did not attract me one bit, it's always a shame when an all timer hangs them up.

GOAT #6

Richie2k6
07-11-2016, 11:30 AM
We'll probably see him as often as we see John Stockton.

Farewell legend

Kawhi
07-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Power forward or center, does it even matter? He was the greatest of his time. Thank you for everything, DNP-Old.

Mr Feeny
07-11-2016, 11:31 AM

This. The gulf in class between Duncan and you know who is remarkable.

Hey Yo
07-11-2016, 11:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnGC9yqWYAAAPtS.jpg

FillJackson
07-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Duncan was an amazing player and I remember wondering why he was so good, how did he just come in an boom start winning when Robinson always seemed to get stopped.

Maybe it was the fact he was so calm, but it didn't compute for me that he was already a better player than Robinson when he came in.

Ron Artest on Tim Duncan

"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."

-Ron Artest
If you're your calling Duncan a pimp, it means you have a tiny reservoir of terms to use as compliments. :roll:

Lebron23
07-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Very classy player. I wish we have another Spurs and Cavs rematch with Timmy.

InfiniteBaskets
07-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Very sad to see Timmy leave the game. In the 19 years since he came into the league, I can't remember another player with a similar play style.

Just so quiet, yet so dominant. This guy would be dropping 35/10/10 in the playoffs and the disinterested look on his face made it appear he was pondering some philosophical argument... Or what type of sandwich he's going to make when he gets home later that night.

I<3NBA
07-11-2016, 11:46 AM

pretty pathethic considering it only lasted until the regular season

what a kobetard of epic proportions
[QUOTE=r0drig0lac]Tom Haberstroh
@tomhaberstroh

Tim Duncan's retirement press release notes that he led the league in defensive RPM in his final season. #TimmyDay twitter.com/spurs/status/7

pegasus
07-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Great player, great career, great guy. Much respect.:applause:

WallIn
07-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Farewell legend :cheers:

What a career.

rmt
07-11-2016, 11:56 AM

Just LAST YEAR:

2015 Playoffs
17.9 pts 11.1 rebs 3.3 asst 1.3 stl 1.4 blk 58.9%FG 125 ORtg 102 DRtg 1.2 WS 7.7 BPM 0.6 VORP

One last Q&A with Gregg Popovich
Anything surprise you about the season?

“As far as players are concerned I don’t know if it’s quite a surprise but I continue to be amazed by Tim Duncan. He was our most consistent player in the playoffs, at 39. He needed a little more help and I feel badly he didn’t get it. It wasn’t for lack of trying.

“To watch him is pretty spectacular, in itself. Even our players shake their heads at his performance at both ends of the floor. He wants it badly and does it the right way. It’s not about bells and whistles and grunting and dancing and doing commercials and all of that stuff. He just does it quietly and that’s why we feel badly when we don’t get it done for him.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/05/04/one-last-qa-with-gregg-popovich/#32561101=0

Yes, this year, he didn't contribute much offensively, but defensively he was still good:
#1 Defensive Box Plus/Minus
#2 Defensive Rating

I never wanted him to retire the same year as Kobe because all the spotlight would be on Kobe but maybe that's part of the reason why TD retired the same year.

Thanks for 19 years of fantastic memories, TD - consistent excellence from the moment you stepped on the NBA floor.

tpols
07-11-2016, 11:57 AM
timmy D :applause:

last of a dying breed before the super friends era .. wish you farewell.

sbw19
07-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Incredible career. Very few legends can claim to have matched his unassuming, team-first attitude and professionalism. His relationship with Popovich, you just don't see that very often in sports, it's unique. Much respect, Mr. Spur.

BlakFrankWhite
07-11-2016, 12:06 PM
In his rookie season, Duncan OWNED Barkley.. After the game Chuck said "I have seen the future and he wears #21" and how Goddamn right was he.

5 rings, 3 FMVP and 2 MVP's

Top 5 all time.

Kblaze8855
07-11-2016, 12:09 PM
I don't think I can muster any respect for the opinions of anyone who hates on Tim Duncan. Never gave anyone a valid reason to hate. Just showed up and did his job. Said nothing to hate. Did nothing to hate. Just got the post position he wanted....rotated on D...gave up the ball when he should....let everyone on his team get theirs....always deflected credit...and won. And won. And won.

I don't think hes the greatest player of all time....but hes high on the list. He may well be the best franchise player of all time though. If he isn't....hes right there. Hes not gonna cause trouble....he would defer or lead as needed depending on who you pair him with...he would put winning over money...hes content to be the focal point or a decoy....he accepts coaching and treats everyone with respect.

You couldn't build a bad organization around that guy if you tried.

Sarcastic
07-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Great all time player, but you guys need to chill with the top 5 talk. That's a little too much.

Jasper
07-11-2016, 12:13 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/5-time-nba-champion-tim-duncan-retires-after-19-seasons/ar-BBucL26?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U270DHP

Says he doesn't need to go out like Kobe , for bandwagoneers

He goes out like a 5 time champ.:applause: :bowdown: :applause:

ShawkFactory
07-11-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't think I can muster any respect for the opinions of anyone who hates on Tim Duncan. Never gave anyone a valid reason to hate. Just showed up and did his job. Said nothing to hate. Did nothing to hate. Just got the post position he wanted....rotated on D...gave up the ball when he should....let everyone on his team get theirs....always deflected credit...and won. And won. And won.

I don't think hes the greatest player of all time....but hes high on the list. He may well be the best franchise player of all time though. If he isn't....hes right there. Hes not gonna cause trouble....he would defer or lead as needed depending on who you pair him with...he would put winning over money...hes content to be the focal point or a decoy....he accepts coaching and treats everyone with respect.

Perfect encapsulation of Tim Duncan and his career as a basketball player. Short and sweet.

:applause:

9erempiree
07-11-2016, 12:27 PM

:facepalm

This is sports bro and we hate players for various reasons and one of them being they played for another team.

There doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason to hate Duncan.

I don't hate Duncan but to sit there and act like you are holier than thou for telling us its wrong to hate Duncan is stupid.

SCdac
07-11-2016, 12:33 PM
for all the haters.. greatest tends to attract haters and it's just the way it is... I agree some of it is friendly rivalry, but for all intents and purposes Duncan has been a classy player who didn't throw cheap shots or anything.. no reason other than pure kobe/lebron/whoever fanaticism and obsession to hate him

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2540973/howarddealwithit.gif

CelticBaller
07-11-2016, 12:34 PM
True, who ever hates on Duncan is just being homophobic

oh the horror
07-11-2016, 01:10 PM
What a legendary career. No doubt greatest PF ever.

Sad day for us older ball fans.

And yet some of you even now using this to take shots at Kobe :facepalm

L8krH8tr
07-11-2016, 01:10 PM
the Big Fundamental.

dbugz
07-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Legend, greatest PF ever!

dazzer87
07-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Wait up.....So no announcing it during the reg season and then going out and hiring camera crew so they could follow him to every areas and while collecting gifts from other teams around the league.......? Thats weak.....

T_L_P
07-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Can't imagine the Spurs without him. One of the greatest leaders in sports.

Nilocon165
07-11-2016, 01:35 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Gotterdammerung
07-11-2016, 01:40 PM
As a long time NBA fan, and by default, a long time ISH member :facepalm

Duncan was one of the very greatest players in any sport, ever. In his prime, you got a guaranteed playoff seed no matter who you saddled him with. He broke up the Lakers dynasty in 2003, and played long enough to end the Miami Heat terror in 2014.

Five time champ, double MVP. Duncan wasn't exciting or notorious enough for the casual fan - but he always delivered in the clutch. For the first 10 seasons he was the Greatest Power Forward of Alltime, and for the next 9 he was a solid intelligent bigman in the Daughtery class.

Many young fans of the game missed out seeing an athletic Duncan in his prime, because that knee injury in 2000 took away some of his quickness and jumping height. But that he made up for that with the most fundamental game of a big man ever, and enough savvy to stay efficient for a rock solid 18 years. That he declined quite a bit in the final season was telling for me - he was a liability against small ball lineups and could no longer control the OKC bigs on defense or keep them off the glass. So the retirement came at the right time - as a veteran helping the next generation Spurs get ready. :cheers:

We are blessed to see him perform and grateful to see how we can win consistently.

senelcoolidge
07-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Great player. Did things the right way. Much respect. Played 4 years in college..he could have left early but valued an education. Mr. Fundamentals himself...something that is lacking in today's game. Not a drama queen or attention whore. He'll be missed.

feyki
07-11-2016, 01:46 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

nightprowler10
07-11-2016, 01:46 PM
End of an era. One of the best players to touch a basketball. I've been watching the NBA on and off for 20 years. To me he's only behind MJ as a basketball player.

Rolando
07-11-2016, 01:55 PM
I remember watching him quietly crush teams on numerous occasions. Truly one of the very best ever.

And of course, he retires in the same way that he played. :applause:

Regarding Kobe: He also retired the same way he played. So I have no problem with either.

Young X
07-11-2016, 02:09 PM
Fantastic career. He's the model of consistency. Came into the league as a star and still managed to play at a high level even in his late 30's. Definitely one of the greatest ever.

It will be so weird next season seeing the Spurs and Lakers without him and Kobe. Seems like it was just the other day we were watching these guys battle in the playoffs. Both will be missed.

Mr Feeny
07-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Wait up.....So no announcing it during the reg season and then going out and hiring camera crew so they could follow him to every areas and while collecting gifts from other teams around the league.......? Thats weak.....

The difference is staggering isn't it?

Duncan is so classy. Congrats for the great career, big guy:applause:

Rooster
07-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Fantastic career. He's the model of consistency. Came into the league as a star and still managed to play at a high level even in his late 30's. Definitely one of the greatest ever.

It will be so weird next season seeing the Spurs and Lakers without him and Kobe. Seems like it was just the other day we were watching these guys battle in the playoffs. Both will be missed.

My veins bleed purple and gold and I used to hate Duncan and the Spurs because they were the rivals but later on I did learn to appreciate him as he is like a dying breed in today's game. He went out his way

Spurs5Rings2014
07-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Thanks for all the championships and 50 win seasons, Timmy. The game will never be the same. You'll always be my GOAT.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

K.dot ShowTime
07-11-2016, 03:06 PM
My veins bleed purple and gold and I used to hate Duncan and the Spurs because they were the rivals but later on I did learn to appreciate him as he is like a dying breed in today's game. He went out his way

:cheers:

There will never be another one like him.

SexSymbol
07-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Very sad.
Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Pierce.
End of an era, probably the best era

Smook A.
07-11-2016, 03:39 PM
One of the best to ever do it, and most certainly the greatest PF of all time. Im so glad I can say that I got to witness the legendary career of the great Tim Duncan. His combination of skill, class, loyalty, and will to win makes him one for the ages.

Next stop: Hall of Fame. Can't wait to see Timmy and Kobe in the same class.

Smook A.
07-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Very sad.
Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Pierce.
End of an era, probably the best era
Can't forget Dirk

Bankaii
07-11-2016, 03:52 PM
GOAT PF.
Hard to believe his peak was over a decade ago. That longevity:bowdown:

Doranku
07-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Salute to the greatest power forward of all-time. :applause: A true legend in every sense of the word. Going to be very strange watching the NBA next year without you, Timmy.

stevieming
07-11-2016, 04:11 PM
even tho his game did not attract me one bit, it's always a shame when an all timer hangs them up.

GOAT #6

Timmy had mad post game to start with, he had so many moves...

people now bang on about Zach Randolph, but for real when Timmy D came into the league he was busting people up with his post moves...bank shots left and right, sweeping hooks both left and right, turn around hooks, turn around jumpshots, body bump fake and layups....it was :cheers:

I stole the one when he would stand 45 degree, ball above his head, ball fake a couple of time and then just flick off the wrist onto the board....always good for a couple of points in a 3 on 3 tournament...

stevieming
07-11-2016, 04:12 PM
anyways, goat PF imo....

thanks for the memories Duncan!:rockon:

sportjames23
07-11-2016, 04:16 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/tBb19fi8KBeb6CMUoJW/giphy.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Happy Retirement, Tim. You've earned it after a stellar career. :cheers:

CuterThanRubio
07-11-2016, 04:34 PM
A few years too late if you ask me, he got greedy for 6 and fizzled out with a whimper!

The most boring "superstar" the league has ever seen, The Spurs only became exciting to watch once he took a backseat, I'm glad we won't have to see or hear about him anymore!

This offseason has been tremendous so far!

:rockon:

Magic 32
07-11-2016, 04:44 PM

How pathetic was Duncan's last moment on the floor?

So...putting on a show in a meaningless game or hurting your team in a playoffs game? Pick one.

Anyway, good for him to see he was keeping his contending team back.

sportjames23
07-11-2016, 04:50 PM
A few years too late if you ask me, he got greedy for 6 and fizzled out with a whimper!

The most boring "superstar" the league has ever seen, The Spurs only became exciting to watch once he took a backseat, I'm glad we won't have to see or hear about him anymore!

This offseason has been tremendous so far!

:rockon:

Typical fan of this generation of colluding players right here.

ArbitraryWater
07-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Can't forget Dirk

Just spoke of the guys who are trash now.. Dirk still got more left in the tank.

Anaximandro1
07-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Thank you for everything, Tim

https://twitter.com/SteveKerr/status/752551915100090368

Steve Kerr

Congrats to Tim Duncan. Probably a top 5 all time player and undoubtedly a top 5 all time teammate. Wow, what a career.

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/752545823553048576

Career plus-minus including playoffs since 1996

Tim Duncan +10,000
Dirk Nowitzki +6,725
LeBron James +6,658

http://www.solobasket.com/sites/default/files/tim-duncan-5-champ.png

http://img12.deviantart.net/e4fb/i/2015/207/3/1/tim_duncan_by_dawn_of_mike_atoms-d92xmow.jpg

CuterThanRubio
07-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Typical fan of this generation of colluding players right here.

Timberwolves = built, not bought!

DUMMY!

How can anyone honestly say that they truly enjoyed watching Duncan play, his demeanor and skillset were SO LAME, I've never seen a guy look like he was going to break down and cry on the court more than him, 10 foot bankshots and clean up lay ins, so amazing!

The Spurs were drawing some of the LOWEST finals ratings on record, people weren't digging Duncan's game, but of course now that he's retiring everyone is going to make their statement and act like they were appreciating him when he was in his prime, give me a break this dude was not popular for a reason and only Spurs fans paid any attention to him.

Spurs m8
07-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Legend forever

Kungfro
07-11-2016, 05:15 PM

Do you still have a lot of your old mix videos that got taken down on youtube? Your Tim Duncan one is one of my all time favorites, would love to see that reuploaded somewhere.

Spurs m8
07-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Timberwolves = built, not bought!

DUMMY!

How can anyone honestly say that they truly enjoyed watching Duncan play, his demeanor and skillset were SO LAME, I've never seen a guy look like he was going to break down and cry on the court more than him, 10 foot bankshots and clean up lay ins, so amazing!

The Spurs were drawing some of the LOWEST finals ratings on record, people weren't digging Duncan's game, but of course now that he's retiring everyone is going to make their statement and act like they were appreciating him when he was in his prime, give me a break this dude was not popular for a reason and only Spurs fans paid any attention to him.

There's always these kinda people in life haha

The ones with no friends.

SCdac
07-11-2016, 05:16 PM
One of my favorite dunks by TD :bowdown: :bowdown: .... on the 4-time DPOY

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/438616714_bd88231cc8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZyzJTnnNdQ

Lakers Legend#32
07-11-2016, 05:22 PM
I thought Duncan retired during the playoffs?

Basketball Fan
07-11-2016, 05:30 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/tim-duncans-other-career-as-an-academic-psychologist-1468268919

[quote]Tim Duncan

Meticode
07-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Kind of sucks he has no Olympic Gold medals. Just that crappy bronze from 2004.

boojitede
07-11-2016, 05:49 PM

i respect timmy, but eff that guy!

as a suns fan this is a glorious day. he took us out 4 times.

he was to us what jordan was to knicks and jazz fans.

CuterThanRubio
07-11-2016, 06:09 PM
There's always these kinda people in life haha

The ones with no friends.

Yeah, they are usually called Spurs fans!

I know you aren't trying to test me, some Aussie scrub jumping on the Kawhi bandwagon because it sounds like "Kiwi", lmao you suck dude keep melting!

I'm glad Duncan is done for, he was bad for basketball (Facts!!)

The league lost money and casual fans tuned out whenever he advanced to the finals!

Team USA finished 3rd when he was their centerpiece! How!?

The teams he eliminated ended up having more of an impact on the league in the long run, he only won titles during down years and because of total BS like the Suns suspension and Tim Donaghy scandals, I'm not sold!

This is a time for rejoicing, this revolution is nearing completion!

Smook A.
07-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Yeah, they are usually called Spurs fans!

I know you aren't trying to test me, some Aussie scrub jumping on the Kawhi bandwagon because it sounds like "Kiwi", lmao you suck dude keep melting!

I'm glad Duncan is done for, he was bad for basketball (Facts!!)

The league lost money and casual fans tuned out whenever he advanced to the finals!

Team USA finished 3rd when he was their centerpiece! How!?

The teams he eliminated ended up having more of an impact on the league in the long run, he only won titles during down years and because of total BS like the Suns suspension and Tim Donaghy scandals, I'm not sold!

This is a time for rejoicing, this revolution is nearing completion!
Actually guys like you are just bad for this forum :oldlol:

I really hope this is just a gimmick account because if it isn't then you honestly don't know jack shit about basketball.

Mr Feeny
07-11-2016, 06:17 PM
How pathetic was Duncan's last moment on the floor?

So...putting on a show in a meaningless game or hurting your team in a playoffs game? Pick one.

Anyway, good for him to see he was keeping his contending team back.

Here we have a Kobe stan melting down because Duncan is a top 10 player while his idol is not and because everyone is talking about how classy Duncan's exit was compared to the ego-centric Kobrick :lebronamazed:

:banana:

CuterThanRubio
07-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Actually guys like you are just bad for this forum :oldlol:

I really hope this is just a gimmick account because if it isn't then you honestly don't know jack shit about basketball.

I illustrated exactly why I made that claim, how is that a gimmick, he was bad for the league!

People weren't watching when he was playing!

How is that a good thing?

The NBA is ENTERTAINMENT first and foremost, never forget that!

The slow it down, grind it out style was a snooze fest that only diehard Spurs supporters could enjoy!

His fake humbleness and on court pouting is another story, he's the biggest crybaby I've ever seen in the league, how is that good for basketball?

Anyone who thinks Duncan> LeBron is delusional btw!

DirkNowitzki41
07-11-2016, 06:23 PM
:(

Magic 32
07-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Here we have a Kobe stan melting down because Duncan is a top 10 player while his idol is not and because everyone is talking about how classy Duncan's exit was compared to the ego-centric Kobrick :lebronamazed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmVEGQc34k8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ8_BW4iyVM&t=2m18s

https://media.giphy.com/media/XIYSmT7SNLiDK/giphy.gif

Mr Feeny
07-11-2016, 06:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmVEGQc34k8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ8_BW4iyVM&t=2m18s

https://media.giphy.com/media/XIYSmT7SNLiDK/giphy.gif

Yawn.
Double yawn.
Triple yawn.
This is just sad:lol

Magic 32
07-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Yawn.
Double yawn.
Triple yawn.
This is just sad:lol

It was.

That ball should have been in Aldridge or Leonard hands.

But no trust in the young guys. Sad

zbott
07-11-2016, 06:31 PM
A true NBA legend :bowdown: ..... so many great memories in the AT&T watching the greatness ... Godspeed and best wishes for the future TD ...

Mr Feeny
07-11-2016, 06:34 PM
It was.

That ball should have been in Aldridge or Leonard hands.

But no trust in the young guys. Sad

Yawn. We get that you're upset Duncan is ranked higher than kobe:sleeping :sleeping

Magic 32
07-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Yawn. We get that you're upset Duncan is ranked higher than kobe:sleeping :sleeping

On what. The chuck board in your parents basement?

I love both. They and Dirk were able to extend the golden era of NBA basketball until it was fractured forever in the summer of 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsI0L9Yl3jY&t=0m44s

https://s31.postimg.org/i6irju7zf/sfdgdsf.jpg

Hey Yo
07-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Timmy first title:
27ppg-14-2....first option

Kobe's:
15-4-4...barely 2nd option

poido123
07-11-2016, 07:04 PM
A champion. A professional. No nonsense individual.

You went out in style, never to be forgotten.

Good career.

Hey Yo
07-11-2016, 07:04 PM
LeBron James ‏@KingJames
Timmy D you know how I feel about you, what you did for me and for the entire NBA. Thank you for an amazing career! #BestPFEver #Legend

Mr Feeny
07-11-2016, 07:05 PM
On what. The chuck board in your parents basement?

I love both. They and Dirk were able to extend the golden era of NBA basketball until it was fractured forever in the summer of 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsI0L9Yl3jY&t=0m44s

https://s31.postimg.org/i6irju7zf/sfdgdsf.jpg

And everyone picks Duncan. That's why he's considered top 7 or so while Kobrick is 12th and dropping :lebronamazed: :banana:

Mr Feeny
07-11-2016, 07:06 PM
LeBron James ‏@KingJames
Timmy D you know how I feel about you, what you did for me and for the entire NBA. Thank you for an amazing career! #BestPFEver #Legend

Lethick appreciates another top 10 player :lebronamazed:

poido123
07-11-2016, 07:06 PM
LeBron James ‏@KingJames

:applause:

Rooster
07-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Timmy first title:
27ppg-14-2....first option

Kobe's:
15-4-4...barely 2nd option

Duncan would be a second option if he was playing with prime Shaq too :confusedshrug:

Mr Feeny
07-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Duncan would be a second option if he was playing with prime Shaq too :confusedshrug:

Would be 10 times better than 15 ppg 4 and 4 on 36%fg:lol

SCdac
07-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Duncan beat Shaq (and Kobe) en route to his first championship and FMVP. Averaged 29 ppg and 11 rpg while sweeping the Lakers :applause:

CelticGangster
07-11-2016, 07:33 PM
tim duncan was a little bxtch

KG owned this clown

artex
07-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Salute to all the lifetime Spurs fans out there . Not for everyone but man oh man was I secretly hyped on the old school black/pink/teal colorway . those were the days . Cheers from LA !

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vmg5co.png

Rocketswin2013
07-11-2016, 07:44 PM
top 5

Kawhi
07-11-2016, 07:49 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/35/24/b3/3524b33725212d0978140dd669aab8db.jpg

CakeorDeath
07-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Still one of my favorite onion articles of all time:

http://www.theonion.com/article/tim-duncan-releases-decade-worth-of-pent-up-emotio-2069

He eventually became his own onion category:

http://www.theonion.com/search?q=Tim+Duncan

We'll miss you, Timmy. From a fan of a team that essentially hasn't beaten the Spurs in 20 years.

smoovegittar
07-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Only non-Knick jersey I own. Feared and loathed him in the playoffs, but so much respect for this guy. He will be missed.

Meticode
07-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the memories the Big Fundamental.

http://i58.tinypic.com/wtt0ea.jpg

coin24
07-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Amazing career, glad I got to witness it:applause:

Pointguard
07-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Great guy. Played hard, played smart, played big and to win. Paid to see him live but never did that again. :lol But would have loved him on my team.

kav23
07-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Wow, it really is the end of an era.

Thanks for the memories Tim :applause:

RRR3
07-11-2016, 10:26 PM
:( Going to be weird without Tim and the Bean around.

Draz
07-12-2016, 01:22 AM
Rip timmy

Round Mound
07-12-2016, 03:03 AM
In his rookie season, Duncan OWNED Barkley.. After the game Chuck said "I have seen the future and he wears #21" and how Goddamn right was he.

5 rings, 3 FMVP and 2 MVP's

Top 5 all time.

:no:

theaussieguy
07-12-2016, 03:38 AM
I only started to really get into the NBA in 2010 so I totally missed the prime of this guys career. I had no idea he won back to back MVP's wtf, he must of been awesome. I have always just known him as the guy playing careful but crucial minutes, and obviously have known he is a top 10 player of all time but never really stopped to consider why. He must have been amazing.

Bye Timmy.

Stringer Bell
07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Legend.

Top 10 All-Time, probably the greatest player of the 00s.

Damn, he and Kobe retiring the same season, along with possibly Garnett & Pierce. I think only Dirk remains among great players who were drafted in the 90s.

MiseryCityTexas
07-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Better than both Barkley and Malone.

Anaximandro1
07-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Retirement Press Conference

Coach Pop
[quote]"I would not be here if it wasn't for Tim Duncan...he's made livings for hundreds of us."

"People who know me, know I wouldn't be here without Tim Duncan...I'd be (coaching) in a Budweiser league somewhere in America."

"He was over himself when he came in. Even after all his accolades"

"I think the thing that made him happiest...was the time he spent with his children before games."

"I'm trying to wrap my head around why I'm here and he's not."

"You and I both know he's too smart to coach, and that's for sure! So I don't think we'll see Timmy going up and down the sidelines.."

Cap'n Obvious
07-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Duncan was a great player.

Cold soul
07-13-2016, 12:25 AM
Damn it... It is truly is the end of an era. Enjoy retirement Duncan you have earned it the greatest PF of all-time. You were class act on and off the court you were unselfish and perfect teammate to play with no ego not needing all glory being #1 option you were okay taking a backseat much later in your career to benefit your team chances at winning. I have never heard anybody say bad word about you including fans, teammates, coaches, etc. In my humble opinion you were Bill Russell of this era each and every year the Spurs were in playoffs and winning 50+ games for over a decade thanks to you that's sustained greatness and excellence at highest level in professional sports. I was fan of yours admired all great battles you had against my favorite team known as LA Lakers especially that 03 playoff run you had you went beast mode on entire league. Those were the days Shaq and Kobe vs Duncan Spurs memories I'll cherish and never forget.

Cheers to you!

Cold soul
07-13-2016, 12:37 AM
It just hit me hard the greats such as Kobe, Duncan, and Peyton Manning all retired this year. :(

My childhood is now over and dead.

jstern
07-13-2016, 03:43 AM
It's amazing how one day here's the phenom, future of the NBA, and the next he's gone, just like that, because of age. At the time, no idea how it felt to see an entire career come and go, and now it makes one feel old. It's going to be weird when all star players younger than me start retiring.

Mr Feeny
07-13-2016, 05:14 AM
It just hit me hard the greats such as Kobe, Duncan, and Peyton Manning all retired this year. :(

My childhood is now over and dead.Why are you associating Kobe with a top 10 all time great like Duncan:oldlol:

Anaximandro1
07-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Thanks Tim, for everything :applause:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/Schad/img/Spurs/Tim/TimLetterCourt1300.jpg