PDA

View Full Version : SI has a Q&A with Kyrie Irving about Cavs tremendous comeback

Hey Yo
07-12-2016, 05:51 PM
JH: What is your favorite behind-the-scenes moment during the NBA Finals that stands out to you?

KI: I think what I most will remember is just every day talking about things that we can improve on through the media. I wasn't really watching all of the sports channels or listening to radio or anything like that, but I know everyone was counting us out since we were down 3

RedBlackAttack
07-12-2016, 06:45 PM
A couple fun videos I'd recommend...

Kyrie Irving CAREER clutch shots UPDATED (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib6rqOcIADQ)

Kyrie Irving Top Plays on Stephen Curry UPDATED (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eXDJNNBjFE)

poido123
07-12-2016, 06:50 PM
JH: So Kyrie, do you believe that the result would be the same had Green not have been unfairly suspended for Game 4? Do you think the league was trying to manipulate the series by doing that?

*crickets*

RedBlackAttack
07-12-2016, 06:58 PM
JH: So Kyrie, do you believe that the result would be the same had Green not have been unfairly suspended for Game 4? Do you think the league was trying to manipulate the series by doing that?

*crickets*
https://media.giphy.com/media/gzYMgIjAY5qQE/giphy.gif

poido123
07-12-2016, 07:01 PM

:oldlol:

I'm sorry. Couldn't help myself but to throw in my customary Lebron hate jab for the year.

Well done guys, You and the fans deserve it, good job :cheers:

RedBlackAttack
07-12-2016, 07:06 PM
:oldlol:

I'm sorry. Couldn't help myself but to throw in my customary Lebron hate jab for the year.

Well done guys, You and the fans deserve it, good job :cheers:
If being on this board for so many years has done anything, it has armored me with the ability to spot a troll post when I see one. :oldlol:

:cheers:

Hey Yo
07-12-2016, 08:38 PM
LMFAO....best GIF ever!

"We would have gotten away with winning the title if it wasn't for those meddling Cavaliers "

Bankaii
07-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Kyrie genuinely seems like the most chill guy in the league to be around.
I don't see how anyone would not want to be this guy's teammate.

JohnMax
07-12-2016, 11:42 PM
kyrie, wade, cp3 and kris dunn are all variations of the same player.

Ben Simmons
07-12-2016, 11:45 PM
Dumbest thing Ive ever read.

SouBeachTalents
07-12-2016, 11:48 PM

You, Elliot Rodger, and Adam Lanza are all variations of the same person

RedBlackAttack
07-13-2016, 12:33 AM
winrar

On topic, Kyrie is a beast and I can't wait to watch him wreck shop as Team USA's starting PG this summer. How incredible a 2016 is he having? He is basically guatanteed to win an NBA championship and a gold medal in the same calendar year. Will he add another Tournament MVP to his already growing accolades at just 24?

Should be interesting to watch. Then again, the three members of GS on the Olympic roster could conspire against it.

DirkNowitzki41
07-13-2016, 12:55 AM

Haha, right. I used to think people just ****ed around on the internet when they acted like psychopaths. I was clearly wrong.

BasedTom
07-13-2016, 01:11 AM
"tremendous comeback"

I know the end result was special for cleveland, but these were objectively the WOAT finals in terms of the actual quality of basketball being played.

You would think that with the teams involved and how one of them blew a 73 win season and 3-1 lead that it would be a legendary event, but it really wasn't. Nobody particularly cares outside of the obvious cleveland fans and bran stans

DirkNowitzki41
07-13-2016, 01:13 AM
"tremendous comeback"

I know the end result was special for cleveland, but these were objectively the WOAT finals in terms of the actual quality of basketball being played.

You would think that with the teams involved and how one of them blew a 73 win season and 3-1 lead that it would be a legendary event, but it really wasn't. Nobody particularly cares outside of the obvious cleveland fans and bran stans

Stupid post.

I'm a die hard Mavs fan and that series was so special I rooted for Cleveland like I was a die hard Cavs fan.

LeGendary

aj1987
07-13-2016, 04:07 AM
Stupid post.

I'm a die hard Mavs fan and that series was so special I rooted for Cleveland like I was a die hard Cavs fan.

LeGendary
It was 6 blowouts and a G7 in which everyone bricked everything (except Green). Heck, 4 points were scored in the last 4-5 minutes of G7. The narrative is amazing, but the series itself wasn't anything special. '13 Finals were much better than this one.

Springsteen
07-13-2016, 04:29 AM
It was 6 blowouts and a G7 in which everyone bricked everything (except Green). Heck, 4 points were scored in the last 4-5 minutes of G7. The narrative is amazing, but the series itself wasn't anything special. '13 Finals were much better than this one.

I agree that in retrospect the finals as a whole wasn't as exciting in total compared to others.

But the amazing narrative you just referred to enhanced those scoreless moments in Game 7 that much more. You'd be lying if weren't on the edge of your seat like everyone else for that 4th quarter.

poido123
07-13-2016, 05:10 AM

yeah 13 was one of the best series I've seen. '

Oh wait...that was the allen dagger wasn't it? Painful memories, fck that lol

aj1987
07-13-2016, 05:18 AM
yeah 13 was one of the best series I've seen. '

Oh wait...that was the allen dagger wasn't it? Painful memories, fck that lol
32 point triple double with 16 in the 4th. G7 dagger and 37/12/4 in the same game. 32/6/4 with 6 steals. 23 and 10 rebounds in a G7 from a 6'4" SG. ETC..

I agree that in retrospect the finals as a whole wasn't as exciting in total compared to others.

But the amazing narrative you just referred to enhanced those scoreless moments in Game 7 that much more. You'd be lying if weren't on the edge of your seat like everyone else for that 4th quarter.
Yeah, but it was pretty much G7 alone. G1, G6, and G7 all in '13 pretty much had game winners/daggers. Extremely close.