View Full Version : 2014 Kevin Durant vs. 2016 Stephen Curry

Doctor K
07-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Better season?
Better player?

this one is close imo

SouBeachTalents
07-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Their regular season is so close, but I'd probably give the slight edge to Curry. Factoring in the playoffs though, I've gotta go with Durant. Their playoff numbers through the WCF are eerily similar, but Curry was so atrocious in the Finals, Durant NEVER looked that bad

RRR3
07-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Their regular season is so close, but I'd probably give the slight edge to Curry. Factoring in the playoffs though, I've gotta go with Durant. Their playoff numbers through the WCF are eerily similar, but Curry was so atrocious in the Finals, Durant NEVER looked that bad
IDK Durant was pretty awful vs. the Grizzlies and was one game away from getting pilloried for his performance but got bailed out by Reggie Jackson.

KiiiiNG
07-12-2016, 11:02 PM
IDK Durant was pretty awful vs. the Grizzlies and was one game away from getting pilloried for his performance but got bailed out by Reggie Jackson.
He was awful in 1 game.....

Dude averaged 30/10/4 for the series. :roll:

ArbitraryWater
07-12-2016, 11:05 PM
I dont think Curry ever looked as bad as KD through 6 games of that first round.. even in game 6 he was pretty shite before padding those stats in a blowout. He had a good WCSF (albeit another shit game 5, which really should have cost him, and Westbrook outplayed him in the series)...

and Curry probably had the stronger WCF.

RRR3
07-12-2016, 11:09 PM
He was awful in 1 game.....

Dude averaged 30/10/4 for the series. :roll:
I'm a KD guy (although I wasn't back then lol) but that's not how I remember it dude.

KiiiiNG
07-12-2016, 11:10 PM
I dont think Curry ever looked as bad as KD through 6 games of that first round.. even in game 6 he was pretty shite before padding those stats in a blowout. He had a good WCSF (albeit another shit game 5, which really should have cost him, and Westbrook outplayed him in the series)...

22/4/4 on 40% vs 30/10/4 on 44%

troll game horrendously weak. Curry was worse in the WCF's AND Finals...lmao!

SouBeachTalents
07-12-2016, 11:39 PM

I disagree completely. Durant had a stretch of horrendous games against the Grizzlies, but he at least played well and had a dominant last 2 games (even if there were stat padding). Outside of Game 4, which was still semi-inflated due to several late free throws, Curry legitimately had zero positive impact the first 3 & last 3 games of the Finals.

Dude was a total non factor the first 3 games, dreadful in two of them, got completely upstaged by LeBron/Kyrie/Klay in Game 5, had the emptiest 30 point game I've seen in a long time in Game 6, and was fuccing horrendous in Game 7, embarrassingly bad in the 4th quarter.

Cold soul
07-13-2016, 12:49 AM
Regular season: Slight edge for Curry here.
Postseason: Durant.

When you factor in all factors being both Durant wins. Curry was no show yet again for majority of his 16 playoff run very underwhelming huge disappointment.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
07-13-2016, 12:53 AM
Regular season: Slight edge for Curry here.
Postseason: Durant.

When you factor in all factors being both Durant wins. Curry was no show yet again for majority of his 16 playoff run very underwhelming huge disappointment.

Yea Disappointing but you fail to remember getting injured several times in the playoffs.

BlakFrankWhite
07-13-2016, 02:01 AM
Reg season: Curry wins by a huge margin. 30/7/7 on 67% TS.. In 34 mpg. Come on man, it's not even close.

Playoffs: Both were piss poor, but Curry led his team to the finals. So I'd give him the W.

All in all: Curry >> Durant.

And they'll be the new Batman and Robin of the league... KD is finally relieved of no longer having to be The GUY.. He can be the sidekick who helps Curry reach top 10 GOAT list.

ArbitraryWater
07-13-2016, 12:01 PM
I disagree completely. Durant had a stretch of horrendous games against the Grizzlies, but he at least played well and had a dominant last 2 games (even if there were stat padding). Outside of Game 4, which was still semi-inflated due to several late free throws, Curry legitimately had zero positive impact the first 3 & last 3 games of the Finals.

Dude was a total non factor the first 3 games, dreadful in two of them, got completely upstaged by LeBron/Kyrie/Klay in Game 5, had the emptiest 30 point game I've seen in a long time in Game 6, and was fuccing horrendous in Game 7, embarrassingly bad in the 4th quarter.

Nah man...

that was KD, dude... for me at least.

the guy who couldnt get in a scoring position for 15 secs and Russ had to take late bailouts, who couldnt get near the rim, who was terrible defensively, more TO's than assists, that was zero, at times negative impact... it was horrendous.

Game 7 was the first great game he had, and it shouldnt have even come to that.

imdaman99
07-13-2016, 12:07 PM
Reg season: Curry wins by a huge margin. 30/7/7 on 67% TS.. In 34 mpg. Come on man, it's not even close.

Playoffs: Both were piss poor, but Curry led his team to the finals. So I'd give him the W.

All in all: Curry >> Durant.

And they'll be the new Batman and Robin of the league... KD is finally relieved of no longer having to be The GUY.. He can be the sidekick who helps Curry reach top 10 GOAT list.
This. It's so disappointing that KD never wanted to be THE guy, he just wanted to be one of the guys.