PDA

View Full Version : Jordan never won a playoff series where he led in all 5 major stats.

AirBonner
07-13-2016, 05:37 AM
But Lebron did :banana: :banana: :banana: :djparty :hammertime:

sportjames23
07-13-2016, 05:41 AM
Jordan also never lost a Finals.

But Lebron did. Four times. :banana: :banana: :banana: :djparty :hammertime:

AirBonner
07-13-2016, 05:44 AM

Oh that's right. Missing the finals is better :oldlol:

TheWinningFam
07-13-2016, 05:49 AM

Jordan colluded with the white sox to avoid facing the clutch city rockets
This would be like if lebron retired to play Tight end for the browns after the warriors signed durant :facepalm except what jordan did was even WORSE
he was in a middle of a contract with the bulls, meanwhile lebron is a free agent.

Gileraracer
07-13-2016, 05:57 AM
Cause Jordan wasn't a statpadder

AirBonner
07-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Ok. Perhaps one would say that if they never saw him play :facepalm

FreezingTsmoove
This would be like if lebron retired to play Tight end for the browns after the warriors signed durant :facepalm except what jordan did was even WORSE
he was in a middle of a contract with the bulls, meanwhile lebron is a free agent.

Except Jordan retired after a 3 peat

In your scenario Lebron retires after winning 1 of his last 3 finals :lol

Nextttttttt

Get these new guys out of here. Cant keep bullying these newfags

Bankaii
Jordan is one of the biggest statpadders of all time:oldlol:

Bawkish
07-13-2016, 06:04 AM

didn't know Rockets were so good at that time

same Rockets team that fought life & death with the Bulls regular whipping team Knicks

sportjames23
07-13-2016, 06:16 AM
Jordan is one of the biggest statpadders of all time:oldlol:

Meltdown

K.dot ShowTime
07-13-2016, 06:22 AM
6/6 > 3/7 (3/8 soon).

Gileraracer
07-13-2016, 06:25 AM
Ok. Perhaps one would say that if they never saw him play :facepalm

Sorry that I am not a 50 year old virgin like you :lol

3ball
07-13-2016, 06:32 AM
Lebron led in all 5 major stats. :djparty :hammertime:

Lebron's 30/11/9 in inferior to Jordan's 36/7/8 in 91-93 Finals, since Lebron only averaged 2 ppg more than Kyrie and Kyrie had many game-winning plays, while Jordan averaged 16 ppg more than Pippen and made all the game-winning plays..

Also, that's 3 goat finals to Lebron's 1..

Actually, Jordan's 1997 playoff run was also goat, since he led his team in all 5 categories FOR THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS - points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks (edit: rodman averaged 8.3 rebs to Jordan's 7.9)... In addition to leading in every category, Jordan's clutch was the best-ever for a Finals: he hit game-winners in Games 1 and 5 (flu game) and had the series-winning assist to Kerr in Game 6.

TheWinningFam
07-13-2016, 06:53 AM
Lebron's 30/11/9 in inferior to Jordan's 36/7/8 in 91-93 Finals, since Lebron only averaged 2 ppg more than Kyrie and Kyrie had many game-winning plays, while Jordan averaged 16 ppg more than Pippen and made all the game-winning plays..

Also, that's 3 goat finals to Lebron's 1..

Actually, Jordan's 1997 playoff run was also goat, since he led his team in all 5 categories FOR THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS - points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks (edit: rodman averaged 8.3 rebs to Jordan's 7.9)... In addition to leading in every category, Jordan's clutch was the best-ever for a Finals: he hit game-winners in Games 1 and 5 (flu game) and had the series-winning assist to Kerr in Game 6.
-In the 1991 finals it was pippen's 32 points and key paxton jumpers in game 5 that lead the bulls over the magic

-In 1992 jordan needed his bench to bail him out down 15, then frontrunning to finish, scoring 12 of his points in the finals 6 mins of game 6.

-In 1993 In what looked like was going to go to jordan's first game 7 series took a turn for the better as jordan was bailed out by a paxton miracle 3
And this was just from the FIRST EXPANSION ERA threepeat

Otoh, ANYTIME Lebron was 48 mins from a series win or championship, HE ALWAYS WON AND WAS THE UNDISPUTED BEST PLAYER OF THE GAME.. ALSO IN EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP WIN EXCEPT 2013, HE SCORED A TRIPLE DOUBLE.. And even in the 2013 he still scored 37 points..
PTS/AST/REB
2012 Finals game 5 stat line - 26-11-13
2013 Finals game 7 stat line - 37-4-12
2016 Finals game 7 stat line - 27-11-11

K.dot ShowTime
07-13-2016, 07:17 AM
Copy & paste battle between 3ball and TheLosingFam

https://media.giphy.com/media/GjYjLvGErsggg/giphy.gif

hateraid
07-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Meltdown

I'm beginning to believe you don't know what the word means anymore. You use it so much you'd think it was a sad faced emoji

JebronLames
07-13-2016, 12:40 PM
LeBron has that killer instinct

hiphopfan777
07-13-2016, 12:41 PM
-In the 1991 finals it was pippen's 32 points and key paxton jumpers in game 5 that lead the bulls over the magic

-In 1992 jordan needed his bench to bail him out down 15, then frontrunning to finish, scoring 12 of his points in the finals 6 mins of game 6.

-In 1993 In what looked like was going to go to jordan's first game 7 series took a turn for the better as jordan was bailed out by a paxton miracle 3

Otoh, ANYTIME Lebron was 48 mins from a series win or championship, HE ALWAYS WON AND WAS THE UNDISPUTED BEST PLAYER OF THE GAME.. ALSO IN EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP WIN EXCEPT 2013, HE SCORED A TRIPLE DOUBLE.. And even in the 2013 he still scored 37 points..
PTS/AST/REB
Jordan never had a game 7 like any all time great. Also never was saved like ray allen. That paxson and kerr shot was a play set up . Queen was facing elimination. Jordan never got other players suspended and never had a star player play with knee injury

Dragonyeuw
07-13-2016, 12:50 PM

So your theory is that Jordan left the game to avoid Houston. So why did he come back while they were defending champions?

TheWinningFam
07-13-2016, 12:55 PM
So your theory is that Jordan left the game to avoid Houston. So why did he come back while they were defending champions?
Thats the thing, he waited until LATE in the season to come back.. looking to be fresh instead of going through a full season to play a depleted rockets team
Everyone knows hakeem carried the rockets that year like lebron does on a yearly basis it was that bad.
And he STILL failed, losing in the playoffs to the magic..

beastee
07-13-2016, 01:17 PM

OP wrecked in 1 reply.

ISH still alive and well. :rockon:

Sarcastic
07-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Jordan also never shit the bed like in 2011.

TheWinningFam
07-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Lebron would have 8-10 rings if jordan and lebron switched places while jordan would only have 1-2 :facepalm

Elosha
07-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Instead of competing threads denigrating either Jordan or Lebron, why can't there be thread(s) that thoughtfully debate which played better in the playoffs/Finals, who faced the best competition, etc.? We should acknowledge that both of them have played at absolutely inhuman and GOAT levels and have nothing but the highest respect for both.

You can pick a favorite and make arguments for/against either one of them. There are legitimate weaknesses that must be accounted for; but each of them are absolute icons. In my opinion, Jordan still clearly comes out better head to head, but I acknowledge that Lebron was overall great during the Finals, comparable to any other GOAT player.

What I can't stand is ISH and even the media's overreaction. Lebron wins this year, so he must be the GOAT. Or the backlash, Lebron has "only" won 3/7 and underachieved at times, so he's not even close to Jordan or any other all-time great.

Why are human beings so excitable, prone to irrational leaps in logic, and full of vitriol? The same inherent weaknesses that lead to pointless sports debates crop up OVER AND OVER in human history -- and in far more deadly contexts. Don't know if we will ever really learn...

Stringer Bell
07-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Instead of competing threads denigrating either Jordan or Lebron, why can't there be thread(s) that thoughtfully debate which played better in the playoffs/Finals, who faced the best competition, etc.? We should acknowledge that both of them have played at absolutely inhuman and GOAT levels and have nothing but the highest respect for both.

You can pick a favorite and make arguments for/against either one of them. There are legitimate weaknesses that must be accounted for; but each of them are absolute icons. In my opinion, Jordan still clearly comes out better head to head, but I acknowledge that Lebron was overall great during the Finals, comparable to any other GOAT player.

What I can't stand is ISH and even the media's overreaction. Lebron wins this year, so he must be the GOAT. Or the backlash, Lebron has "only" won 3/7 and underachieved at times, so he's not even close to Jordan or any other all-time great.

Why are human beings so excitable, prone to irrational leaps in logic, and full of vitriol? The same inherent weaknesses that lead to pointless sports debates crop up OVER AND OVER in human history -- and in far more deadly contexts. Don't know if we will ever really learn...

Because some people don't even like the sport that much. They would just rather post about their mancrush and idolize someone due to their lack of self-esteem and lack of proper role models growing up.

It's even worse if you are a boxing fan and go to boxing forums.

Da_Realist
07-13-2016, 03:52 PM

You're preaching to kids or grown men that act like them. If you find a site that exemplifies what you posted, direct me to it.

Elosha
07-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Because some people don't even like the sport that much. They would just rather post about their mancrush and idolize someone due to their lack of self-esteem and lack of proper role models growing up.

It's even worse if you are a boxing fan and go to boxing forums.

You're right on all counts. It's just sad that there's never more than a handful of mature and thoughtful fans on any sports forum.

Elosha
07-13-2016, 03:58 PM
You're preaching to kids or grown men that act like them. If you find a site that exemplifies what you posted, direct me to it.

Sadly, I can't. I guess the best any of us can do it post good comments on ISH and not get dragged down by trolls, instigators, and ad hominem attacks.

OldSchoolBBall
07-13-2016, 09:00 PM
False:

1989 vs. NY: 35.7 pts/9.5 reb/8.3 ast/2.5 stl/1.3 blk

No one else averaged more in any of those categories for the Bulls that series.

sportjames23
07-13-2016, 09:10 PM
I'm beginning to believe you don't know what the word means anymore. You use it so much you'd think it was a sad faced emoji

I see you're still a punk bitch, too.

Some things never change.

Hey Yo
07-13-2016, 09:32 PM
False:

1989 vs. NY: 35.7 pts/9.5 reb/8.3 ast/2.5 stl/1.3 blk

No one else averaged more in any of those categories for the Bulls that series.
OP's referring to both teams, like James did this year against GSW.

Ewing avg. more rebounds and Marc Jackson avg. more ast. that series.

Plus James has avg. the most MP, points, rebounds and assists, for his team, in the last 5 postseasons he's played in.

Elosha
07-13-2016, 11:10 PM
OP's referring to both teams, like James did this year against GSW.

Ewing avg. more rebounds and Marc Jackson avg. more ast. that series.

Plus James has avg. the most MP, points, rebounds and assists, for his team, in the last 5 postseasons he's played in.

Yes, but that also shows the relative arbitrary nature of such stats. Put '89 Ewing and Jackson on GS this year, and it's unlikely Lebron would lead in rebounds or assists either. It's a cool stat for Lebron, but really you can find all kinds of "never done before" stats for a GOAT level player, if you're creative enough.

SouBeachTalents
07-13-2016, 11:21 PM
Yes, but that also shows the relative arbitrary nature of such stats. Put '89 Ewing and Jackson on GS this year, and it's unlikely Lebron would lead in rebounds or assists either. It's a cool stat for Lebron, but really you can find all kinds of "never done before" stats for a GOAT level player, if you're creative enough.

I honestly don't see leading both teams in every major statistical category to be arbitrary at all. Factor in it's never happened in any series in NBA history, and he did it in the Finals against a 73 win, that's some legendary shit :bowdown: :bowdown:

Goofsta Knicca
07-13-2016, 11:28 PM
https://s31.postimg.org/fiv1rnpsr/jacklebald.jpg

jstern
07-13-2016, 11:31 PM
Copy & paste battle between 3ball and TheLosingFam

https://media.giphy.com/media/GjYjLvGErsggg/giphy.gif

:oldlol:

Elosha
07-14-2016, 01:38 AM
I honestly don't see leading both teams in every major statistical category to be arbitrary at all. Factor in it's never happened in any series in NBA history, and he did it in the Finals against a 73 win, that's some legendary shit :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yeah, you're probably right. It's never been done before so it's hugely impressive. "Arbitrary" was the wrong word.

What I'm trying to say is that as good as Lebron's overall numbers were in this series, I think other players have exceeded those numbers in other series, regardless of how many stat categories they led. It's a great accomplishment by Lebron, but leading the five categories doesn't alone mean he eclipses all other great performances. And to the original poster's argument, I think Jordan had a number of series where he had better stats and better overall play than Lebron did in the 2016 Finals. But stats don't ever tell the whole story for either MJ or Lebron.

TheMan
07-14-2016, 07:08 AM

PTS/AST/REB
Who the fvck is this Paxton guy? :confusedshrug:

I remember a John Paxson though, clearly you never watched those games live and only seen snippets of games.

Da fuq outta here fggot, you have no clue what you're blabbering about.

6/6

Wally450
07-14-2016, 10:08 AM
Jordan never had a game 7 like any all time great. Also never was saved like ray allen. That paxson and kerr shot was a play set up . Queen was facing elimination. Jordan never got other players suspended and never had a star player play with knee injury

What's the difference? If there was a play set up for Ray at the end of game 6, LeBron haters would still be calling it "Ray Allen saved LeBron's legacy" blah blah blah. They both had key players make big shots in crucial moments of games. :confusedshrug:

sportjames23
07-14-2016, 10:57 AM
What's the difference? If there was a play set up for Ray at the end of game 6, LeBron haters would still be calling it "Ray Allen saved LeBron's legacy" blah blah blah. They both had key players make big shots in crucial moments of games. :confusedshrug:

Ray misses and Lebron falls to 1/3 in the Finals at that time. Pax or Kerr miss, Bulls still have Game 7. And maybe not for the Kerr miss, as I recall Kerr's shot put the Bulls up by two. He misses, most likely the Bulls and Jazz go to overtime in Game 6.

So Lebron got bailed out. MJ didn't.