PDA

View Full Version : How come bron doesnt get any shit for losing in the ECF's w/ a 66 win team?

tpols
07-13-2016, 11:40 AM
66 wins. Check.

Lost in the ECF's. Check.

this feat, from the above logic is worse than the 73 win warriors losing in the Finals
( advancing a whole round further > having 7 more wins )

Quickening
07-13-2016, 11:44 AM
:sleeping

scuzzy
07-13-2016, 11:47 AM
66 wins in the East is an accomplishment all the sudden?

B b but if he was in the West it would only be 50 Wins:lol

imdaman99
07-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Honestly, his stans are so happy he lost against the Magic. He would have got REKT by Kobe's Lakers in the finals :roll:

So in actuality, they are thankful his 66 win team lost to the mighty Dwight Howard :oldlol:

Velocirap31
07-13-2016, 11:48 AM
That team would have been a lottery team without him.

tmacattack33
07-13-2016, 11:51 AM
66 wins. Check.

this feat, from the above logic is worse than the 73 win warriors losing in the Finals

Because Lebron had a great playoffs that year.

While Curry had a bad playoffs.

Great is a word in english that means very good. Bad is a negative word which means the opposite of good.

If you are still confused, you may visit websters-dictionary.com and dig deeper into this issue yourself.

ArbitraryWater
07-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Honestly, his stans are so happy he lost against the Magic. He would have got REKT by Kobe's Lakers in the finals :roll:

So in actuality, they are thankful his 66 win team lost to the mighty Dwight Howard :oldlol:

Are you serious? Bron has consistently shitted on those Laker teams, and the match up would have been better for them (without the Magic's shooters going hot), but they would have gotten "REKT" ?

Think, dude... please.

ShawkFactory
07-13-2016, 11:52 AM
A) he played his d!ck off in that series and got very little help from his teammates

B) He DOES get shit for it..

plowking
07-13-2016, 11:53 AM

Lebron led teams have historically dominated Kobe led teams. He more than likely beats Kobe in the finals based on that. Especially considering the individual tear LeBron was on that year in the playoffs.

Plenty of 60 win teams have failed to make the finals OP.
How about Kobe not being able to lead a team of Nash, Howard, Gasol and Artest to anything more than an 8 seed? Not to mention some dodgy officiating is the only reason they got into the playoffs. In all reality, they probably don't make it with fair officiating.

DukeDelonte13
07-13-2016, 11:55 AM
everybody blamed the cavs organization and mike brown for that one.

I blame Dwight Howard being an absolute beast and guys like Hedo, Rashard, and Pietrus having a career f*cking series. Cavs had nobody to check dwight one on one, and whenever they doubled it was like an automatic 3 point shot was made.

Rashard was juicing during the playoff run too.

I think at one point the magic were shooting something like 60% from behind the arc during that series. It was ridiculous.

Cavs specifically traded for shaq that offseason just so they could have a guy that could check Dwight, and for the most part at least during the regular season in 2010 it worked, BUT they lost to the celts which IMO was a way bigger choke.

DukeDelonte13
07-13-2016, 11:56 AM
A) he played his d!ck off in that series and got very little help from his teammates

B) He DOES get shit for it..

Mo Williams after averaging 17.3 points that year became a complete non factor.

Meticode
07-13-2016, 11:58 AM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Shaquille O'Neal
Antawn Jamison/Anderson Varejao
Jamario Moon/Leon Powe
Delonte West/Anthony Parker
Mo Williams/Daniel Gibson

That's the Cavs starting 5 that year if LeBron wasn't on that team. His supporting cast to say the least wasn't that great. Big Z was old and way past his prime, as well as Shaq and Jamison. Leon Powe was not close to the player he was in Boston for the Celtics. The best player on the team behind LeBron was Mo Williams would fizzled in the playoffs every year he was here.

imdaman99
07-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Are you serious? Bron has consistently shitted on those Laker teams, and the match up would have been better for them (without the Magic's shooters going hot), but they would have gotten "REKT" ?

Think, dude... please.
I remember the Lakers embarrassing the Cavs twice with Lebron putting up stinkers. I don't know if it was the Magic year or Celtics year, but it was one of those. The rest of the years, Lebron had superior defensive teams but for those 2 years, Kobe would have styled all in Lebron's face to win the chip :confusedshrug: Be thankful. You have regular season wins superiority :oldlol:

MP.Trey
07-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Because he played his ass off.

Meticode
07-13-2016, 12:01 PM
I remember the Lakers embarrassing the Cavs twice with Lebron putting up stinkers. I don't know if it was the Magic year or Celtics year, but it was one of those. The rest of the years, Lebron had superior defensive teams but for those 2 years, Kobe would have styled all in Lebron's face to win the chip :confusedshrug:
I want to ay it was the Magic year, because I remember the last year in 2010 the Lakers fans were throwing foam fingers onto the floor because they were so upset the Casv were beating their ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfzvlgMcNE

plowking
07-13-2016, 12:03 PM
I want to ay it was the Magic year, because I remember the last year in 2010 the Lakers fans were throwing foam fingers onto the floor because they were so upset the Casv were beating their ass.

Lakers got hosed with shitty calls that game. I actually remember watching that and turning it off because the reffing was so bad.

Meticode
07-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Lakers got hosed with shitty calls that game. I actually remember watching that and turning it off because the reffing was so bad.
I don't remember the calls, but I'm sure it was mostly because of that. Even if you watch that clip during all the bullshit and talking going on the Lakers got hit with a second delay of game after Odom got ejected because the Lakers didn't put someone on the floor fast enough to take his spot. :oldlol:

imdaman99
07-13-2016, 12:05 PM

Yeah I think it was the Magic year, I remember Lebron having something like a 5-20 game against them and him looking hopeless against them because they had Ariza on him man to man and Gasol + Bynum behind him. He couldn't do anything on that lineup.

tpols
07-13-2016, 12:22 PM

so true bro .. :lol .. lot of embarrassment saved for bran fam there.

Lakers had some of the best rim protection in the game.. and we all know how Bran responds to that in the Finals lol..

also had one of the best lockdown defenders in the game playing at peak of his career in Trevor Ariza .. combine that with hungry Kobe down to go god mode ..

http://i.giphy.com/7akauKbYBRFa8.gif

LA in 6 or less ..

hateraid
07-13-2016, 12:23 PM
Jamario Moon/Leon Powe

That's the Cavs starting 5 that year if LeBron wasn't on that team. His supporting cast to say the least wasn't that great. Big Z was old and way past his prime, as well as Shaq and Jamison. Leon Powe was not close to the player he was in Boston for the Celtics. The best player on the team behind LeBron was Mo Williams would fizzled in the playoffs every year he was here.

This right there is why you don't blame Lebron. To take that team and win 66 games? Unbelievable. Only a Prime Shaquille O'Neal could lead this team to 60 + wins. They also swept the playoffs to that point and ran into a hot Orlando team.

Gileraracer
07-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Cause everyone is used to see him choke

Prime_Shaq
07-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Jamario Moon/Leon Powe

Shaq wasn't on the team that year.

ArbitraryWater
07-13-2016, 12:35 PM
I remember the Lakers embarrassing the Cavs twice with Lebron putting up stinkers. I don't know if it was the Magic year or Celtics year, but it was one of those. The rest of the years, Lebron had superior defensive teams but for those 2 years, Kobe would have styled all in Lebron's face to win the chip :confusedshrug: Be thankful. You have regular season wins superiority :oldlol:

It was '09... yet in '10 it was the other way around and you probably believe LAL still would have won that year.

Lol at the superior defense argument... like you really know.

Kobe would have styled all in his face.... while getting outplayed? Are you really saying Kobe would have outplayed LeBron in that finals series? :oldlol:

You fckn lost it

ArbitraryWater
07-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Because he played his ass off.

to put it in the simplest terms.. that normally should be enough to /thread

Megabox!
07-13-2016, 12:38 PM
So now Kobe stans want to argue that losing in the finals(while being up 3-1, with 2 games at home) is somehow better than losing in the ECF? Lebron has seriously mind-f*cked these losers. face the facts! LBJ > Kobe, the sooner you realize this the less dumbass threads you'll have to make.

dankok8
07-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Orlando was the #1 defense in the league and Lebron averaged 38.5/8.3/8.0 on 48.7 %FG/59.1 %TS against them. Through the first five games, he was in straight up god mode.

SilkkTheShocker
07-13-2016, 12:52 PM
66 wins. Check.

Weren't you one of the biggest advocates of losing in the first round >>> losing in the Finals? I see your agenda changed once it was the Warriors that lost in the Finals :oldlol: Tpols is the same guy that said "KD is just what GS needs". But will b.itch a storm about LeBron having too much help if they sign an over-the-hill vet.

Indian guy
07-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Winning 66 games with that cast is a championship in itself. That was a 25-win team without LeBron.

Not winning the championship with UMVP + 2 All NBA teamers + COY + arguably best bench in basketball, all while having a record breaking 73-win season is a million times worse than any other 'disappointment' in NBA history.

Plenty of teams have won 60+ games and failed to win the championship or even make it to the Finals. GS is alone in their accomplishment on the other hand and will never be forgotten because of that. Who even remembers or cares about the '09 Cavs besides desperate, utterly-defeated Kobe fans hell bent on making one stupid post after another?

ScalsFan21
07-13-2016, 01:19 PM
He's an easy target. If someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there. You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.'

J Shuttlesworth
07-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Isn't OP one of those idiots who use finals record for everything? By his logic, ECF losses shouldn't matter

TheWinningFam
07-13-2016, 01:46 PM
ANYTIME Lebron was 48 mins from a series win or championship, HE ALWAYS WAS THE UNDISPUTED BEST PLAYER OF THE GAME.. ALSO IN EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP WIN EXCEPT 2013, HE SCORED A TRIPLE DOUBLE.. And even in the 2013 he still scored 37 points..
PTS/AST/REB
2012 Finals game 5 stat line - 26-11-13 56% TS%
2013 Finals game 7 stat line - 37-4-12 GOAT level 69.8% TS%
2016 Finals game 7 stat line - 27-11-11 48% TS%

otoh kobe needed help from one of the GOAT coaches AND goat centers, But lets take shaq out of the equation and evaluate his 2 title clinchers without him..

09 title- 30-5-6 on 43% on shooting :facepalm
10 title - 23-2-15 on 25% shooting :facepalm
And these were for his just 2 mvp winning championships, he was argubaly only the best player for ONE of them AND only had the best final game ONCE .. Lebron NEVER had this problem.. :facepalm

Stringer Bell
07-13-2016, 02:07 PM
Because it's more of a credit that LeBron was able to lead that team to 66 wins in the first place. They were not a very talented team.

He put up crazy numbers in the Magic series and had that buzzer beater in game 2. It wasn't like he played poorly.

DukeDelonte13
07-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Jamario Moon/Leon Powe

Shaq, Antawn, Powe, Moon, and Anthony Parker were not on that roster.

Powe was never healthy for the cavs and got minutes in like maybe two games in 2010.

Kblaze8855
07-13-2016, 02:17 PM
This right there is why you don't blame Lebron. To take that team and win 66 games? Unbelievable. Only a Prime Shaquille O'Neal could lead this team to 60 + wins. They also swept the playoffs to that point and ran into a hot Orlando team.

He posted the 2010 lineup. The 66 win team didnt have Shaq or Jamison on it. That team only won 61....probably because Lebron sat out the final 4 games with the first seed locked up....and they lost 4 in a row.

NBAGOAT
07-13-2016, 02:18 PM
i don't think people realize just how helpless those Cavs were without Lebron. There are on/off numbers that say Cavs went from like one of the best offenses in the league to one of worst offenses in the league with him off the court. I don't think we've seen a guy worth more wins ever.

aj1987
07-13-2016, 02:54 PM
so true bro .. .. lot of embarrassment saved for bran fam there.
The **** you on about? The Lakers were basically a toilet for LeBron led teams. Took a dump routinely.

Lakers had some of the best rim protection in the game.. and we all know how Bran responds to that in the Finals lol..
Like in '13, when he averaged 25/11/7/3/1 or in '15 when he averaged 36/13/9. You're a Kobe stan, so you really shouldn't be talking about efficiency. Also, LeBron scored 39/8/8 on 60% TS against the DPOY and best rim protecter in the league, Dwight Howard. The #1 defense.

also had one of the best lockdown defenders in the game playing at peak of his career in Trevor Ariza ..
Ariza was 22/23 in '09.

combine that with hungry Kobe down to go god mode ..
Yeah, god mode = 25/5/5 on 41% in the Finals. :roll: :roll:

LA in 6 or less ..
Probably. Kobe would choke as usual and his teammates, who were vastly superior to LeBron's, would clean up his bricks and carry him to a ring. :cheers:

tpols
07-13-2016, 03:24 PM
Weren't you one of the biggest advocates of losing in the first round >>> losing in the Finals? I see your agenda changed once it was the Warriors that lost in the Finals :oldlol: Tpols is the same guy that said "KD is just what GS needs". But will b.itch a storm about LeBron having too much help if they sign an over-the-hill vet.

your logic has been turnt around on you, and you seem flustered by it lol.

silk [and other trolls] everyday since he came out from hiding ..

"73 win Warriors LOST ! Looooosers!"

*logical person walks into room*

"uh .. bron led a team that was only 7 games worse than that to a loss a round earlier .. hell, he even led another 60+ win team the next year to a loss in the second round."

*silk getting a little red in the face*

"b-b-but the Cavs didnt play as well in the playoffs as they did in the regular season! Aha!"

" .. um .. neither did the Warriors who only posted a 15-9 playoff record ... in addition to their MVP missing half the playoffs, they lost their starting center and were victims of a bogus suspension"

"uh-uh , MO WILLIAMS! DELONTE WEST!"

"teammates that have had intercourse w/ LeBron's mom for 800 Alex?"

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/angry-meme-facebook/Fffuuu-Angry-Meme-Image-Chat-Codes---Faces-Facebook-For-Chat.jpg

and off silk goes ..

:hammertime:

SilkkTheShocker
07-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Got this ***** so shook he posting responses the size of Bible passages :oldlol:

Nice punt btw. Next time you say Losing in first round>>>Losing in the Finals. I will be sure to bump this for you

TheWinningFam
07-13-2016, 03:33 PM
your logic has been turnt around on you, and you seem flustered by it lol.

silk [and other trolls] everyday since he came out from hiding ..

"73 win Warriors LOST ! Looooosers!"

*logical person walks into room*

"uh .. bron led a team that was only 7 games worse than that to a loss a round earlier .. hell, he even led another 60+ win team the next year to a loss in the second round."

*silk getting a little red in the face*

"b-b-but the Cavs didnt play as well in the playoffs as they did in the regular season! Aha!"

" .. um .. neither did the Warriors who only posted a 15-9 playoff record ... in addition to their MVP missing half the playoffs, they lost their starting center and were victims of a bogus suspension"

"uh-uh , MO WILLIAMS! DELONTE WEST!"

"teammates that have had intercourse w/ LeBron's mom for 800 Alex?"

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/angry-meme-facebook/Fffuuu-Angry-Meme-Image-Chat-Codes---Faces-Facebook-For-Chat.jpg

and off silk goes ..

:hammertime:

:facepalm Lebron winning 66 games with mo williams as his second option is a championship in of itself...

Lebron punked draymond green, got his bitchass suspended and dropped 41 on him the next game easily... it wouldn't have mattered..

Why do you care so much about who lebron's mom is having sexual relations with, are you intrested in her or something? :facepalm

SouBeachTalents
07-13-2016, 07:24 PM
Because dude averaged 39/8/8 on 49%, hit a walk off 3 pointer in one game and hit 2 free throws to send another game to O.T.; meanwhile the Magic had 3 of the 4 best players in the series

Smoke117
07-13-2016, 07:27 PM
OP is becoming so pathetic and blatant these days. :lol Lebron leading that Cavs to 66 wins is one of the biggest carry jobs ever...if you don't see that then you are just a hater. (which we already know is accurate)

tpols
07-13-2016, 07:39 PM
you guys all missed the point of this thread .. which was to illustrate how it is a slippery slope to judge how good a team was in the playoffs solely by how many regular season wins they had.. which is what ISH aka trolls gone wild has been frequently doing.

SouBeachTalents
07-13-2016, 07:42 PM
you guys all missed the point of this thread .. which was to illustrate how it is a slippery slope to judge how good a team was in the playoffs solely by how many regular season wins they had.. which is what ISH aka trolls gone wild has been frequently doing.

Did the Cavs break the win record? Were they the defending champs? Did they have 3 All-NBA players?

tpols
07-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Did the Cavs break the win record? Were they the defending champs? Did they have 3 All-NBA players?

according to you guys the warriors only won last year because of the Cav's injuries.. so that isnt even something you have on your side.

Regular season wins? that argument has already been slayed.

All NBA? thats a good measure, but we all know a guy like kyrie should've gotten in over lowry and even dame.. so that was just a snub in hindsight. It was 2 All NBA players for Cleveland, and 3 All NBA players for Golden State, but we also all know that Kevin Love is an All NBA caliber player (as referenced by his past selections), he's just marginalized by the iso kick out heavy nature of the Cav's offense... so really it's 3v3 .. and Golden State was on the recieving side of injuries this year, so even you know your argument is totally disingenuous here.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Because that team wins like 15 games without him

sportjames23
07-13-2016, 07:53 PM

Can you imagine all the butthurt that Finals would have caused if the Cavs and Lakers played each other? :lol

Hey Yo
07-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Teams who win that many games in the reg. season usually have names that fans remember and relate to. Those who made a difference

Magic, Kareem, Worthy, many years
Bird and the rest of the 4 most popular starters, many years
1996 - MJ, Pippen and Rodman.
2000's Lakers, Shaq, Kobe, Fisher
2009 Cavs, LeBron and.........Big Z?? Mo Will???
2010 Cavs, LeBron, Mo Will and......... 37yr old Shaq?

Those Cavs players made enough of an impact those years to be associated with LeBron?

tpols
07-19-2016, 06:00 PM
it's still a slippery slope guys ...