PDA

View Full Version : Wow Laker's New Coaching Staff is a Breath of Fresh Air

AirTupac
07-14-2016, 03:27 AM
Byron Scott was the worst out of all the last bunch. He made Mike Brown look great.

Luke and his boys (Shaw and Jesse Murray) are something special.

All the interviews I've watched this SL for the Lakers has had one central theme. Every player talks about how the coaching staff is so great, that they are free, and that they have ownership of the decisions that they make on the court. This is a stark contrast to Mr. Scott who had this to say after an 0-2 start:

"Basically, they had their way with us. I told [Lakers players] at halftime, 'Sooner or later, you've got to man up. You've got to man up. It doesn't come down sometimes to X's and O's. You've got guys going at you. You've got to man up.' "

Solid freaking advice. Man up fellas that will win you ball games. So glad that guy is gone.

D’Angelo Russell on Jesse Mermuys (summer league head coach): "I love that guy already. Whenever he speaks I listen, no matter what it is."

Nick Young
07-14-2016, 03:31 AM
Byron Scott came in and did the job he needed to do. Command the tank. He let Kobe run wild and purposefully held back Russell in order to maximize our losses. Kobe of course was in on it and helping the tank and doing the job.

Scott and Bryant are great Lakers who sacrificed their final year for the sake of drafting Ingram. I hope he lives up to the sacrifice.

We all saw the Lakers without Kobe dominate the Warriors earlier in the regular season, with Huertas and Russell shitting on Curry.

There is no tank commander in charge this season boys. LAL going back to the playoffs:rockon:

aj1987
07-14-2016, 03:53 AM
Byron Scott was the worst out of all the last bunch. He made Mike Brown look great.

Luke and his boys (Shaw and Jesse Murray) are something special.

All the interviews I've watched this SL for the Lakers has had one central theme. Every player talks about how the coaching staff is so great, that they are free, and that they have ownership of the decisions that they make on the court. This is a stark contrast to Mr. Scott who had this to say after an 0-2 start:

"Basically, they had their way with us. I told [Lakers players] at halftime, 'Sooner or later, you've got to man up. You've got to man up. It doesn't come down sometimes to X's and O's. You've got guys going at you. You've got to man up.' "

Solid freaking advice. Man up fellas that will win you ball games. So glad that guy is gone.

D’Angelo Russell on Jesse Mermuys (summer league head coach): "I love that guy already. Whenever he speaks I listen, no matter what it is."
I'm not going to disagree with you that Scott was a terrible coach, but the Lakers roster was just horrendous. Porous defensive with a hideous offense. They were the worst offense and defense in the league last season. They basically gave Kobe the green light to shoot and he was taking 17 shots a game and making like 35% of them.

FKAri
07-14-2016, 03:53 AM
The most blatant tank job I've ever seen with some of the decisions he was making out there. It's possible that there was some kind of dispute between what management wanted and what Kobe wanted and he had his hands tied trying to please everyone. But the main issue is that D'Angelo Russell and everyone else who played on the Lakers roster with BScott is now forever stunted for having played under him.

Jasper
07-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Byron Scott came in and did the job he needed to do. Command the tank. He let Kobe run wild and purposefully held back Russell in order to maximize our losses. Kobe of course was in on it and helping the tank and doing the job.

Scott and Bryant are great Lakers who sacrificed their final year for the sake of drafting Ingram. I hope he lives up to the sacrifice.

We all saw the Lakers without Kobe dominate the Warriors earlier in the regular season, with Huertas and Russell shitting on Curry.

There is no tank commander in charge this season boys. LAL going back to the playoffs:rockon:

No free agents , for the last 7 years as well as now want to go to the Lakers...
So the LA scene is a bunch of draft picks for the largest franchise in the league. :oldlol:
Then they hire a Kerr prototype... I hope Big Bill's son figures it out.

Kawhi
07-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Amazing what a coaching change can do to a franchise. They might win more than 20 games now.

Levity
07-14-2016, 01:16 PM
theres something about jesse and how he (slowly) paces himself when he speaks, that just makes me love the guy haha

AirTupac
07-14-2016, 03:29 PM
theres something about jesse and how he (slowly) paces himself when he speaks, that just makes me love the guy haha

Saw a video on a Laker forum when he was with the Raptors. Derozan loved him. He was hugging him like a girlfriend. You can tell this guy truly speaks to the players, knows how to communicate and gets the job done.