07-14-2016, 08:40 AM
:rockon:

Klay 3D
07-14-2016, 08:45 AM
you're not lying

:dancin

MP.Trey
07-14-2016, 08:51 AM
If this was last year, or two years ago, I would agree. I think after this recent Finals performance, there is going to be no more underrating.

Mr. Jabbar
07-14-2016, 08:59 AM
Lebron truly is a master colluder..hideous individual and fanbase

moongaze
07-14-2016, 12:02 PM
If this was last year, or two years ago, I would agree. I think after this recent Finals performance, there is going to be no more underrating.

Gotten a lot more respect after the finals but is still getting heavily underrated. Some didn't even ha e him as a top 10 pg this season. Since I was born in 84 I've never seen a more underrated basketball player.

francesco totti
07-14-2016, 12:04 PM
I love how much humble he is, for his talent he has right to be somewhat arrogant.

PistonsFan#21
07-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Gotten a lot more respect after the finals but is still getting heavily underrated. Some didn't even ha e him as a top 10 pg this season. Since I was born in 84 I've never seen a more underrated basketball player.

Name me a non troll source or poster that didnt have him as a top 10 PG this season.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2016, 12:05 PM
He was awful in the regular season, very good in the playoffs and amazing in the Finals.

FatComputerNerd
07-14-2016, 12:08 PM
He was awful in the regular season, very good in the playoffs and amazing in the Finals.

He was still getting his legs back after what was a pretty brutal injury made worse by trying to play thru it last playoffs.

He showed up when it mattered like always.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2016, 12:10 PM
He was still getting his legs back after what was a pretty brutal injury made worse by trying to play thru it last playoffs.

He showed up when it mattered like always.

No doubt.

moongaze
07-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Name me a non troll source or poster that didnt have him as a top 10 PG this season.

My memory is not that sharp that id remember the name of posters that made those comments several months ago. There were even people that were arguing that dellavedova was a better point guard than him. One poster reiterated that comment several weeks ago(that the cavs were better with dellavedova running point than Irving). I wish I could remember the posters name. It was recent so I might remember it soon or he might post on here .

moongaze
07-14-2016, 12:31 PM
I just remembered the posters name. It was Ben Simmons that made that comment. I believe he might have been the same person that argued that also duribg the regular season. He brought up the +/- at the time and said that the cavs were better off with Delly as s point guard, that Delly is a much better point guard than Kyrie. Didn't seem like he was trolling. More like he actually believed it.

D-Wait
07-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Proud that I stuck with Kyrie and believed in him all the time. I was so mad at some of the Cavs fans on RCF who wanted to trade him, even after LBJ's home coming. You don't trade a young All-Star guard like that who is deadly on offense just because he might not be a prototypical PG. Especially when Lebron can't shoot and is doing most of the PG duties anyway.

bizil
07-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Disagree big time on this one! Irving was NEVER UNDERRATED!!! #1 draft pick out of Duke. Rookie of the Year. All Star Game MVP. Known as having arguably the sickest handles of all time. And in general, a top 5 scoring skillset among PG's all time. The only thing stopping him was injuries. Irving was never underrated, people were just a bit skeptical because of health.

CTbasketball92
07-14-2016, 12:45 PM
If Kyrie is ranked anywhere between 10-13th in the player rankings this upcoming season, I don't think he'll be underrated anymore, but you never know.
If people could get past the fact that he's a better scorer than facilitator (you know, like every star pg not named Chris Paul) then I think he'll be rated well.

I think Kyrie should look to average 24 and 5 and 4 on 47/42/90 % splits. If he does that, he's officially in my top 8, maybe just behind Harden. I think he's capable of that. Also, I think it's clear that being an elite guard/wing is far more important than being an elite big manThis is my estimated top 16 players by the middle-end of next year.

1. LeBron
2. KD
3. Curry
4. Westbrook
5. Anthony Davis
6. Kawhi Leonard
7. CP3
8. Kyrie Irving
9. Blake Griffin
10. Boogie
11. LMA
12. Paul George
13. KAT
14. John Wall
15. Klay Thompson
16. Damian Lillard

D-Wait
07-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Irving was never underrated, people were just a bit skeptical because of health.

People also were saying he's not a winner, too selfish, blah blah blah... the only time we could have reached the playoffs was 2013-14, with the additions of Deng, Spencer Hawes and Jarrett Jack...
(This was our best team since 2010, finishing with 33 wins)

moongaze
07-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Disagree big time on this one! Irving was NEVER UNDERRATED!!! #1 draft pick out of Duke. Rookie of the Year. All Star Game MVP. Known as having arguably the sickest handles of all time. And in general, a top 5 scoring skillset among PG's all time. The only thing stopping him was injuries. Irving was never underrated, people were just a bit skeptical because of health.

The accomplishments are much different than the fans and some sportswriters opinions. It seems like you haven't seen many threads and posts about him in sites like this and and realgm. This dude has been getting shit on for the longest time.

Here's a list of comments made about him
-all flash, no substance
-not a winner
-horrible point guard. No point guard skills more of a shooting guard than anything
-horrible defender. Worst defender at the point guard position.
-not top 5 pg. Most didn't have him top 5 last year.
- dellavedova is a better point guard
-cavs need to trade him for a more traditional pg
-selfish player with poor assist numbers

The list goes on and on. Fat Brian Windhorst has been criticizing him for years now. How many times in the media have we heard about his low assist numbers?

Kyrie is by far the most underrated player I've ever seen and might be the most underrated all time. Sure, he gets credit for his handles, but besides that people talk shit about his overall game.

CTbasketball92
07-14-2016, 12:58 PM

Dude, people rated Eric Bledsoe, Dragic, Brandon Knight and even Delly ahead of him. On this board, people said the cavs were better with Delly starting over him, and heading into the finals game 3, they said there were 5 pgs in the eastern conference alone they'd rather have than him on the cavs. Bill simmons said Kyrie's game 4 was a referendum on his career (he had 34 points on 50% shooting) and Elhassan said his game winning shot was "just a shot." I'll say Kyrie's ranking on ISH is higher now than then, but I think he's still got some skeptics.

The totality of his postseason might be sinking in still. The fact is, only a Kobe, DWade or other All Time great-esque scorer can do what Kyrie did in the postseason/finals, and even fewer of them could do it with as few turnovers on such a high usage rate. If Kyrie continues to play solid defense and learns to make cuts to the basket more often, watch out!

D-Wait
07-14-2016, 01:00 PM
-not top 5 pg. Most didn't have him top 5 last year.

They surely did not and it was understandable given so many star PG's.
But some even questioned him being top 10 among PG's which was laughable.

Ben Simmons
07-14-2016, 01:08 PM
I just remembered the posters name. It was Ben Simmons that made that comment. I believe he might have been the same person that argued that also duribg the regular season. He brought up the +/- at the time and said that the cavs were better off with Delly as s point guard, that Delly is a much better point guard than Kyrie. Didn't seem like he was trolling. More like he actually believed it.
Yikes. Never said Kyrie wasnt a top 10 point guard. In the regular season he was in the tier below CP3, Curry, and Westbrook. Kinda hard to keep him out.

I did say the team often plays better with Delly and you can see that with the eye test as well as stats, but Kyrie has superstar potential whereas Delly is a roleplayer. You can shut down Delly but Kyrie has potential to be one of the best scorers ever. As evidence by Kyrie's performance in the finals.

bizil
07-14-2016, 01:09 PM
To say Irving is THE MOST UNDERRATED player on Earth is absurd!!! He's always gotten his shine, but he had certain people not in love with his game. Ive heard MANY CRITICS say they have loved his game from day one. He may have got shitted on more than certain superstar caliber guys. But he's FAR from the most underrated player on Earth! LMAO

Even if u aren't a fan of somebody's game, U still have to respect what they bring to the table. Iverson used to catch MAJOR HEAT back in the day! But he was NEVER REALLY underrated. Polarizing YES!! Underrated? NO! In a certain sense, Kyrie is similar. Guys like a Kyle Lowry in recent years were underrated. Now's he's getting his props, but before he wasn't. Getting criticized AND BEING UNDERRATED are two different things!

K.dot ShowTime
07-14-2016, 01:15 PM
KingKyrie:applause:

moongaze
07-14-2016, 01:25 PM
To say Irving is THE MOST UNDERRATED player on Earth is absurd!!! He's always gotten his shine, but he had certain people not in love with his game. Ive heard MANY CRITICS say they have loved his game from day one. He may have got shitted on more than certain superstar caliber guys. But he's FAR from the most underrated player on Earth! LMAO

Even if u aren't a fan of somebody's game, U still have to respect what they bring to the table. Iverson used to catch MAJOR HEAT back in the day! But he was NEVER REALLY underrated. Polarizing YES!! Underrated? NO! In a certain sense, Kyrie is similar. Guys like a Kyle Lowry in recent years were underrated. Now's he's getting his props, but before he wasn't. Getting criticized AND BEING UNDERRATED are two different things!

When you say he was never really underrated does that mean you agree with the general sentiment that he's not a top 5 pg and for some not a top 10 pg? That the cavs are better with Delly and that Kyrie is all flash no substance? The only way you can say he's never been underrated is if you believe all these things. getting criticized is people makibg a statement on your game. The criticism for him has been louder and stronger than anyone of his stature . The criticisms make his raring seem as if he's a bench player.

Please tell me a player if his caliber than gets as much disrespect. I can't think of anyone in the history of the game thats won MVPs in several settings yet was still not considered a top 5 player at their position.

moongaze
07-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Yikes. Never said Kyrie wasnt a top 10 point guard. In the regular season he was in the tier below CP3, Curry, and Westbrook. Kinda hard to keep him out.

I did say the team often plays better with Delly and you can see that with the eye test as well as stats, but Kyrie has superstar potential whereas Delly is a roleplayer. You can shut down Delly but Kyrie has potential to be one of the best scorers ever. As evidence by Kyrie's performance in the finals.

Right on. The cavs should have benched Kyrie for Delly. They would have played much better against golden state. Might have swept them. Eye test shows that Cleveland had one of the best offenses in the past 30 years through the first 10 games of the playoffs with Kyrie as the starting pg. Eye test shows that without a second scorer with lebron cavs wouldnt have had a chance against golden state. But what do I know. Cavs should fire David Griffin because he just got rid of a guy the team plays better with than with Kyrie .

Ben Simmons
07-14-2016, 01:40 PM
Right on. The cavs should have benched Kyrie for Delly. They would have played much better against golden state. Might have swept them. Eye test shows that Cleveland had one of the best offenses in the past 30 years through the first 10 games of the playoffs with Kyrie as the starting pg. Eye test shows that without a second scorer with lebron cavs wouldnt have had a chance against golden state. But what do I know. Cavs should fire David Griffin because he just got rid of a guy the team plays better with than with Kyrie .
You're putting words in my mouth I never said.

Kyrie has superstar potential. Can drop 40 and there is nothing you can do about it. Gameplan for Delly and you can pretty much turn him into a 0 point scorer. That's the difference. That's why you keep Kyrie over Delly or Love. (if you had to pick between the two of them)

That doesnt change the fact that the team played better with Delly than Kyrie. You can acknowledge that and know Kyrie is the vastly superior player.

J Shuttlesworth
07-14-2016, 01:58 PM
My memory is not that sharp that id remember the name of posters that made those comments several months ago. There were even people that were arguing that dellavedova was a better point guard than him. One poster reiterated that comment several weeks ago(that the cavs were better with dellavedova running point than Irving). I wish I could remember the posters name. It was recent so I might remember it soon or he might post on here .
Dudes name is Pointguard

bizil
07-14-2016, 02:34 PM
When you say he was never really underrated does that mean you agree with the general sentiment that he's not a top 5 pg and for some not a top 10 pg? That the cavs are better with Delly and that Kyrie is all flash no substance? The only way you can say he's never been underrated is if you believe all these things. getting criticized is people makibg a statement on your game. The criticism for him has been louder and stronger than anyone of his stature . The criticisms make his raring seem as if he's a bench player.

Please tell me a player if his caliber than gets as much disrespect. I can't think of anyone in the history of the game thats won MVPs in several settings yet was still not considered a top 5 player at their position.

When I say he's not underrated, I mean his accolades and ability on the court are WIDELY KNOWN! At least for the last three years, he's been widely considered a top 5-7 PG in the world. With the potential to ONE DAY be the best given his age (only 24 years old). There are SOME IDIOTS out there who don't know the game or are trolls. Their opinions are SO OFF BASE u can't really give them any merit.

At the same time, his style of play and health does catch heat. Defense wise AND getting Love more engaged offensively, Delly WAS the better option than Kyrie at times. Defense wise, Delly is the better option ALL THE TIME!!

I think some people are overanalyzing and being TOO SENSITIVE on this topic. Delly is a backup PG and had to come in the game anyway. He's clearly a better defender than Kyrie. And when Kyrie comes out, Love gets more chances to score. Since Lebron can DO IT ALL and literally carry teams, he can pick up the slack across the board. But when u run into a Golden State or OKC, u need Kyrie to go toe to toe with Steph and Russ.

NattyPButter
07-14-2016, 03:05 PM

that's because he wasn't playing like he normally does. He was shooting more jumpers so he didn't end up hurt during the season. When the playoffs started he went back to old Kyrie of going to the rim and less jump shots.