PDA

View Full Version : the bright future of wolves, lakers, bucks.

bobopenguin
07-14-2016, 12:09 PM
if u look at these team.. loaded with young talents as fk.

wolves: KAT, Wiggins, Dunn, Lavine.

Lakers: DLo, Ingram, randle, JC, nance.

bucks: Giannis, MCW, middleton, thon maker, monroe,

i can see wolves gonna be super solid.. they cant fk up this coming year...

WayOfWad3
07-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Dude, what about the Jazz?! You can't seriously put LA on that list and leave out Utah

SilkkTheShocker
07-14-2016, 12:12 PM
I can see the Wolves core winning multiple titles once they're all playing for Lakers.

JohnnySic
07-14-2016, 12:13 PM
You forgot Jabari Parker.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Lakers don't belong. Jazz are much better. Heck, if Embiid stays healthy Philly is better.

SilkkTheShocker
07-14-2016, 12:17 PM
Lakers don't belong. Jazz are much better. Heck, if Embiid stays healthy Philly is better.

Yea, not impressed at all with LA's young talent at all.

AirTupac
07-14-2016, 12:44 PM
D'Angelo and Ingram are better potential players than anyone not named KAT. Embiid hasnt played a minute of NBA basketball. Utah has always been "up and coming team". Gtfo scrubs :lol

hateraid
07-14-2016, 01:01 PM
KAT and Wiggins runs away with it.

Other the otherhand Simmons, Okafor, Embiid, Noel....

Kawhi
07-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Wolves have by far the best talent and by far the best coach.

AirTupac
07-14-2016, 02:10 PM

Luke > Thibs

Kawhi
07-14-2016, 02:12 PM
Luke > Thibs
Duncan > Kobe.

AirTupac
07-14-2016, 02:23 PM
Duncan > Kobe.

LOL thats false. Duncan is like 9th. Kobe is 7th

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2016, 02:27 PM
LOL thats false. Duncan is like 9th. Kobe is 7th

Kobe is 7th outside of the top 5.

AirTupac
07-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Kobe is 7th outside of the top 5.

Duncan isnt top 5? Duncan is below Kobe.

showtime2008
07-14-2016, 03:32 PM
Wolves > lakers > bucks > 76ers (they'll find a way to f-this up)

Dunn completed the rebuild. I'm glad they didn't trade him for butler, because they needed a better PG (defensive). Wolves are going to be scary in 2-3 years.

If zzzuuuubac develops into anything close to Marc Gasol, it's 1a/1b with lakers/wolves.

NuggetsFan
07-14-2016, 03:34 PM
Jokic, Murray, Mudiay, Harris, Nurkic, Beasley, Hernangomez. I'd take that above everybody but the T-Wolves/Bucks. Philly/PHX deserve a mention too. Jordan Clarkson is already 24. For comparison sake somebody like Will Barton is only a year older and I wouldn't consider him a "young" guy. More like a guy about to enter his prime.

T-Wolves
Bucks
Denver/Philly/PHX
L.A

Ingram/DG is nasty and not the far behind but I don't like the depth around them. Not as JC fan. Not a Randle fan. Nance is alright.

scm5
07-14-2016, 03:55 PM
It's too soon to tell with the Lakers, but they look like they could live up to the hype.

Dlo is really stepping up in terms of his game and leadership. He sounds like he's done messing around. At least, I hope.

Ingram knows his weaknesses and is working on them, you can tell he's gonna find a way to contribute meanwhile. I actually see him more as a mix between Durant and Kawhi. He's not as gifted offensively as Durant, not as gifted defensive as Kawhi, but from day one he looks like he's very willing to play defense. His length and deceptive speed will hopefully make him an excellent help defender at the least.

sammichoffate
07-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Jokic, Murray, Mudiay, Harris, Nurkic, Beasley, Hernangomez. I'd take that above everybody but the T-Wolves/Bucks. Philly/PHX deserve a mention too. Jordan Clarkson is already 24. For comparison sake somebody like Will Barton is only a year older and I wouldn't consider him a "young" guy. More like a guy about to enter his prime.

T-Wolves
Bucks
Denver/Philly/PHX
L.A

Ingram/DG is nasty and not the far behind but I don't like the depth around them. Not as JC fan. Not a Randle fan. Nance is alright.Would add Utah, they're gonna make the playoffs and give us a real first round(looking at you, Houston)

Jasper
07-14-2016, 03:58 PM
I think Coach T. will make them interesting , but it will be at least a 1 year away.
He has to make them want to play defense , and that takes a year.

Then Wiggins will be the ball hog that Rose was for Chicago.

NuggetsFan
07-14-2016, 04:08 PM
Would add Utah, they're gonna make the playoffs and give us a real first round(looking at you, Houston)

Yeah I always forget about Utah. I think it's because Hayward/Favors/Gobert are all guys who are 24 or older. Hood/Lyles/Burks/Exum is sold young talent tho. Lyles/Exum being there only stand outs under 23 make me forget them.

Utah within a season probably go from a young core to a core who comes closer to hitting there stride assuming G.Hayward sticks around. I'd probably put them at the top of the list for next season in terms of what team is most ready now.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Duncan isnt top 5? Duncan is below Kobe.
Kobe is the 7th ranked non-top 5 player. AKA he's 12th.

TheGreatDeraj
07-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Lakers have the highest potential, they have 3 players with star potential in Russel, Ingram and Randle, plus two other good starter or great bench players in Clarkson and Nance. Lakers have the personnel and the coaching with Luke Walton to become a similar team to the Warriors. They will need to commit on defense and eventually find a long term solution at center.

Wolves have such a nice center and wing combo with Town and Wiggins. Can't ask for a better 1-2 core to rebuild around. They will both be in the top 5 of their positions soon with potential for higher. Add Dunn,who seems like a great player as well, and a solid player and athlete in Lavine and they have a talented young core. I'm sure a great defensive coach like Thibodeau will create a great defensive system utilizing Town in the paint and the athletes they have on the wings.

Buck have such an interesting team compared to what the rest of the league is doing. Bucks aren't a great 3 point shooting team but they are the biggest, longest, most athletic team. If they put out a huge lineup like MCW, Giannis, Parker, Middleton, Henson they could wreck havok if they can can figure out how to score and play a swarming switching defense.

These teams i can all see making the conference finals or finals at least once.

Teams like the Jazz, Nuggets and Philly I can't see making past the second round with their current core. Philly needs to add some shooters and slasher/finishers and let Simmons show what he has. He seems like a hell of a player, but I'm not sure how 3 post players and Simmons fit together.

FireDavidKahn
07-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Dude, what about the Jazz?! You can't seriously put LA on that list and leave out Utah
Jazz don't have a superstar type talent. They have tons of great role players, like Boston, they aren't the Detroit Pistons of the mid 2000's.

I'm obviously biased, but the Wolves for me.

-Top 5 head coach
-HOF talent in Towns who is already a top 5 center after his rookie season
-Second best SF prospect in this group. Giannis is first IMO BUT Wiggins aint that far behind. Both should be all-stars for many, many years.

Lakers shouldn't even be included in this group, YET, until we see how Ingram plays. Russell doesn't have superstar talent IMO, should be a very nice all-star player but not a superstar IMO. Ingram could be but until we see him play that is up in the air.

I'm also obviously not breaking this down into the "role player talent", simply because super stars are what make you contenders.

To recap, IMO

1# Wolves, biggest talent by far on any team. Have Wiggins who looks like he can be an alpha scorer but so far hasn't really brought anything else. Best coach in this group. Second best bench out of these three teams

2# Giannias has a much lower ceiling than KAT, but that isn't a slight on Giannis...I just think that KAT has all the talent in the world to go down at the very least a top 30 player...but Giannis is also better than Wiggins. Best bench out of these three teams

#3 Russell and Ingram are the only persons of note since we are talking about the brightest future. Ingram is too unknown to really rank him (similar to KAT I guess...NO ONE thought KAT would be as dominant as he was)

In terms of a list:
Towns
Giannis
Wiggins
Parker
Russell
Ingram (solely because of the unknown)

Milbuck
07-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Wolves and Bucks are comfortably my top 2 considering they're the only ones with guys with clear MVP type potential in KAT and Giannis. Think their ceilings are neck and neck but KAT is closer and a better bet to reach his, which is why I have Minny #1 and us #2. I think Simmons has that type of ceiling so Philly could join them, but I'm gonna have to see more. LA's talent is sick and Russell/Ingram have star potential but I don't think either has game changing elite player upside yet imo.

bdreason
07-14-2016, 05:30 PM
Other the other hand Simmons, Okafor, Embiid, Noel....

A Power Forward who wants to play PG, and 3 Centers. It's not just about stacking talent... the pieces need to fit.

As for the Lakers, I think Ingram will be an All-Star in 3 or 4 years, but I'm not sold on the rest of their young talent. I actually like the Clarkson and Nance more than Randle and Russell.

bdreason
07-14-2016, 05:32 PM
And Denver could have a sneaky good core of players in the couple years.

KobeLookLike2Pac
07-14-2016, 06:02 PM
As for the Lakers, I think Ingram will be an All-Star in 3 or 4 years, but I'm not sold on the rest of their young talent. I actually like the Clarkson and Nance more than Randle and Russell.

How can you be higher on JC than Russell? :confusedshrug:

Russell does just about everything better than JC already except for drive to the basket. Not to mention the physical tools. Taller, 4" higher standing reach, bigger hands, etc. And JC is 4 years older.

scm5
07-14-2016, 07:21 PM
How can you be higher on JC than Russell? :confusedshrug:

Russell does just about everything better than JC already except for drive to the basket. Not to mention the physical tools. Taller, 4" higher standing reach, bigger hands, etc. And JC is 4 years older.

It's cuz people don't realize that Russell is young af. Ingram is too.

Simmons is almost a full year older than Ingram and pretty much NBA ready with his body.

The Wolves definitely have players with more potential. Both Lavine and Dunn look like they have higher ceilings than Clarkson and Randle. KAT and Wiggins pretty much are already established as star players. The thing I don't know about is Thibs ability to develop young talent.

bobopenguin
07-14-2016, 07:55 PM
i dont see utah manage to keep hayward after next season. without him, this team is going nowhere.

i really like Dunn, wiggins and KAT combo. and thib.. i would trade all Dlo+ingram+randle+nance+JC for these three..

kurple
07-14-2016, 07:57 PM
Mudiay - Murray - Harris - Barton - Hernangomez - Jokic - Nurkic

AirTupac
07-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Its so cute how Nugget fans try to get in the conversation in the NBA. But they are so irrelevant