PDA

View Full Version : Riley Admits He Fckued Up With Wade

FireDavidKahn
07-16-2016, 08:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/17089976/pat-riley-floored-dwyane-wade-departure-miami-heat

Riley addressed Wade's departure during a news conference Saturday, one day after the 12-time All-Star officially signed a two-year deal with his hometown Bulls.

"What happened with Dwyane floored me," Riley said. "I'm going to miss the fact of what I might have had planned for him and his future and how I saw the end and my thought process in how I could see his end here with the Heat. ... It's my responsibility to sort of make that happen. I didn't make it happen. Dwyane left, and the buck stops here.

Confirms what I've said all along...meanwhile most of the Heat fans defended the move.:lol

Spurs m8
07-16-2016, 08:34 PM
He wants way too much money... Has an inflated sense of worth.

**** the puffy faced hgh taking mofo

stalkerforlife
07-16-2016, 08:43 PM

I had hope for you, but you've turned into a horrible poster.

Such a shame.

Nilocon165
07-16-2016, 08:45 PM
I had hope for you, but you've turned into a horrible poster.

Such a shame.
It's alright stalker, if it makes you feel any better...

Curry blew a 3-1 lead in the finals

Smoke117
07-16-2016, 08:58 PM
He did **** up...:facepalm

coin24
07-16-2016, 09:04 PM
The only one who showed up consistently in the playoffs, wade should have been there main focus to resign.. Franchise player and all, after taking pay cuts over the years to help them win they treat him like this:lol

Eat shit heat, enjoy the lottery

Embers
07-16-2016, 09:13 PM
I dont see the issue with letting Wade leave. I see the issue in letting Wade leave at the 11th hour. If he only thought he was worth 10 mill he should have let him leave on day one and used the money to sign a player with that money as opposed to paying Tyler Johnson 13 mill a year...

Sarcastic
07-16-2016, 09:21 PM

He made more money for that organization, than they've ever made. First ring doesn't happen without Wade, and Big 3 doesn't happen without Wade. The greatest moment in Heat history before Wade was retiring Jordan's number.

HylianNightmare
07-16-2016, 09:23 PM
After pay guys I couldn't believe they didn't pony up

nathanjizzle
07-16-2016, 09:30 PM
riley knew wades worth. hes not overpaying for him. a desperate organization like the bulls would overpay for dwyane wade and it happened. riley has no fault.

PJR
07-16-2016, 09:50 PM
You have to be very dense to think this is nothing more than lip service lol

Riley is way too cold, clever, and caculated. Only move that caught Riley off guard in the last several years, where he wasn't prepared for the outcome was LeBron going back to Cleveland.

Miami was only going to bring back Wade on their terms. And that was with him working along with the organization. He decided he wasn't going to do that any longer, so it was bon voyage.

Gotterdammerung
07-16-2016, 09:50 PM
riley knew wades worth. hes not overpaying for him. a desperate organization like the bulls would overpay for dwyane wade and it happened. riley has no fault.

We won't know the true story for a while, but from the outside looking in, Pat Riley is pretty much untouchable. What was this admission really about? He fell on the sword to prevent anyone else taking the blame.

If Bosh recovers and plays, the Heat will be okay and be sitting pretty for the next few years as a free agent destination.

GrapeApe
07-16-2016, 10:05 PM
I've mentioned it before, but Riley is beginning to lose touch with the current league. For maybe the first time in his career as a GM he went into the offseason with absolutely no plan. The Wade situation was entirely avoidable. When the greatest player in franchise history and face of the franchise for over a decade is a free agent, you have to make him a priority. If Riley had offered him the 2/40 right away, he probably would have accepted it. At worst, Wade and the Heat would have been on better negotiaing terms and a deal would likely have been reached.

As a Heat fan, the lack of foresight on Riley's part is troubling. It's also troubling that we've lost the 2 greatest players in Heat history in the span of 2 years. I don't have an issue with Wade leaving, but the way it happened is kind of sickening. I don't think either side is particularly happy about the outcome.

Aiolos
07-16-2016, 10:54 PM
He made more money for that organization, than they've ever made. First ring doesn't happen without Wade, and Big 3 doesn't happen without Wade. The greatest moment in Heat history before Wade was retiring Jordan's number.
Yooooooooo

:roll: :roll: :roll:

warriorfan
07-16-2016, 11:01 PM
Clutch Statistics from the 2016 Playoffs

https://s32.postimg.org/4t7uzener/Clutch_Statistics2016_Playoffs.png

Riley f ucked up big time

BasedTom
07-16-2016, 11:19 PM
coming from a sub-human knicks fan this is laughable

last 10 years of heat history >>>> last 40 years for the knicks, if we're being generous

The_Yearning
07-17-2016, 12:30 AM
You have to be very dense to think this is nothing more than lip service lol

Riley is way too cold, clever, and caculated. Only move that caught Riley off guard in the last several years, where he wasn't prepared for the outcome was LeBron going back to Cleveland.

Miami was only going to bring back Wade on their terms. And that was with him working along with the organization. He decided he wasn't going to do that any longer, so it was bon voyage.

This.

Riley is still the don.

plowking
07-17-2016, 12:52 AM
Confirms what I've said all along...meanwhile most of the Heat fans defended the move.:lol

It is the right move. It is one of those typical "follow your head or your heart" type situations. Signing Wade would have been the heart. Nice story, and I'm sure most Heat fans would have liked it, but this helps us rebuild quicker.

aj1987
07-17-2016, 01:23 AM
Apart from Riley, the other overlooked part of this whole thing is Arison being cheap AF. Cost us LeBron and now Wade.

rmt
07-17-2016, 02:23 AM
Apart from Riley, the other overlooked part of this whole thing is Arison being cheap AF. Cost us LeBron and now Wade.

Don't think being cheap is why LeBron left - better pastures with younger star.

Sarcastic
07-17-2016, 02:57 AM
coming from a sub-human knicks fan this is laughable

last 10 years of heat history >>>> last 40 years for the knicks, if we're being generous

And that's all with Wade dumbass, which was my point. Before Wade, the best moment the Heat ever had the Jordan and Dan Marino number retirements. Alonzo is better known as a Hornet. Hardaway is better known for his Warrior days. Jamal Mashburn is the greatest known Heat before Wade.

BasedTom
07-17-2016, 03:11 AM
And that's all with Wade dumbass, which was my point. Before Wade, the best moment the Heat ever had the Jordan and Dan Marino number retirements. Alonzo is better known as a Hornet. Hardaway is better known for his Warrior days. Jamal Mashburn is the greatest known Heat before Wade.
in what ****ing universe lmfao?

Are you 10? Were you alive at all during the 90s?

Sarcastic
07-17-2016, 03:26 AM
in what ****ing universe lmfao?

Are you 10? Were you alive at all during the 90s?

Of course dipshit. 1990s Heat is known for PJ Brown starting the fight with Charlie Ward, getting beat as a 1 seed by an 8 seed Knicks, and Alonzo and Timmy coming from Hornets and Warriors respectively. They have absolute shit history before Wade, which is what this thread is about.

Dwyane's legacy >>> Heat legacy before he got drafted.

BasedTom
07-17-2016, 03:30 AM
Of course dipshit. 1990s Heat is known for PJ Brown starting the fight with Charlie Ward, getting beat as a 1 seed by an 8 seed Knicks, and Alonzo and Timmy coming from Hornets and Warriors respectively. They have absolute shit history before Wade, which is what this thread is about.

Dwyane's legacy >>> Heat legacy before he got drafted.
heat won 3 titles with wade so the bolded is not controversial.

What is 100% grade A horseshit is all the other crap you're saying. Knicks cockroaches stay deluded as always.

Sarcastic
07-17-2016, 03:36 AM
heat won 3 titles with wade so the bolded is not controversial.

What is 100% grade A horseshit is all the other crap you're saying. Knicks cockroaches stay deluded as always.

Are you high? I know they won 3 titles with Wade. That's whole point. Their entire history is due to Dwyane's Wade. They should be preparing statue presentations for him, not shorting him on his next contract.

Riley is a fcking rat, and everyone knows it.

BasedTom
07-17-2016, 03:48 AM
Are you high? I know they won 3 titles with Wade. That's whole point. Their entire history is due to Dwyane's Wade. They should be preparing statue presentations for him, not shorting him on his next contract.

Riley is a fcking rat, and everyone knows it.
Such a rat that knicks fans are still crying about him leaving your joke team. Our entire history was after Wade, but all these years later Riley's 90s heat still live rent free.

And unlike the bs you're saying, everyone knows the knicks are a joke. That is a fact you have to live with. Enjoy James ****ing Dolan lol

Here you are trying to pull revisionist history and crap on the 90s Heat as if the Knicks actually won anything themselves in that period, or at all within the last 40 years. :oldlol:

GrapeApe
07-17-2016, 03:59 AM

What? :oldlol:

That seriously belongs in the dumbest things said in ISH thread. Zo played 3 years in Charlotte and 10 years in Miami, and his best years were with the Heat. He made 5 all-star teams, won multiple DPOY's, had his highest finishes in MVP voting, and made his deepest playoff runs, including winning a title. Zo remains with the organization today and has been synonymous with the Heat for nearly 20 years.

morbius
07-17-2016, 05:25 AM
Who cares about Wade, the guy is done. Congratz to him on how he managed to turn things around this year, but we all know that players who rely on their athleticism don't age well in the NBA. The guy is 34, can't shoot well and his knees are a mess. Plus, he has a diva mentality and lately plays defense only when he wants to. Chicago is not going anywhere with him and neither would Miami.

Dragonyeuw
07-17-2016, 06:10 AM
Alonzo is better known as a Hornet.

Wow.

aj1987
07-17-2016, 07:38 AM
Don't think being cheap is why LeBron left - better pastures with younger star.
Heat amnestying Miller to save on taxes is one of the reasons.

derb2k2
07-17-2016, 08:28 AM
Who cares about Wade, the guy is done. Congratz to him on how he managed to turn things around this year, but we all know that players who rely on their athleticism don't age well in the NBA. The guy is 34, can't shoot well and his knees are a mess. Plus, he has a diva mentality and lately plays defense only when he wants to. Chicago is not going anywhere with him and neither would Miami.

says the maggot-faced ignoramus. Wade is one of the most skilled players ever.

:biggums:

smoovegittar
07-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Riles is a cold blooded Mofo who knows exactly what he's doing.

Why wait til the wheels fall off? Wade may have 1 good year for the Bulls in him.

Hey Yo
07-17-2016, 09:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/17089976/pat-riley-floored-dwyane-wade-departure-miami-heat

You've been wrong the whole time.

"Looking back at the negotiation process, Riley said that although he wanted to keep Wade happy and well-paid, he wasn't willing to sacrifice overall team success moving forward. At least, not to the tune of the $47.5 million that Wade will earn over the next two seasons in Chicago.

"My thoughts were always to try to make the team better and at the same time try to make sure that Dwyane, over the course of the three, four, five years that he had left in his career, that he was going to get his money," Riley said. "He would get it — but not at the expense of paralyzing our ability to win."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/heat/2016/07/16/pat-riley-dwyane-wade-miami-heat-chicago-bulls/87181460/?hootPostID=b9cd8bc2540821431055db3888e9b7e0

Jasper
07-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Believe it or not , that is the political correct answer Riles, placed out there in the media.
If he truly wanted Wade, he would of been by the negotitions ....

It was a ploy , but I do not like what he said about planning for Wade after retirement.
THAT WAS A STAB IN THE BACK.

They should of been up front with Wade from the beginning telling him what was going to happen after his career.

Wade is the face of the franchise (.)

ArbitraryWater
07-17-2016, 10:05 AM
Clutch Statistics from the 2016 Playoffs

https://s32.postimg.org/4t7uzener/Clutch_Statistics2016_Playoffs.png

Riley f ucked up big time

Jezuz christ... Curry's last minute FG% is 29% :biggums:

nathanjizzle
07-17-2016, 10:35 AM
What was this admission really about? He fell on the sword to prevent anyone else taking the blame.

most likely to save face for the organization to not turn off future FA.

OnFire
07-17-2016, 11:26 AM
I've mentioned it before, but Riley is beginning to lose touch with the current league. For maybe the first time in his career as a GM he went into the offseason with absolutely no plan. The Wade situation was entirely avoidable. When the greatest player in franchise history and face of the franchise for over a decade is a free agent, you have to make him a priority. If Riley had offered him the 2/40 right away, he probably would have accepted it. At worst, Wade and the Heat would have been on better negotiaing terms and a deal would likely have been reached.

As a Heat fan, the lack of foresight on Riley's part is troubling. It's also troubling that we've lost the 2 greatest players in Heat history in the span of 2 years. I don't have an issue with Wade leaving, but the way it happened is kind of sickening. I don't think either side is particularly happy about the outcome.

If it was a priority for Wade to settle his shit quickly maybe he shouldn't have been OUT OF THE ****ING COUNTRY. lol.. he had a plan... resign whiteside, take a swing at durant, and offer wade 2/40 if the durant longshot doesn't work out. He knew Deng wasn't coming back once the lakers gave him 70million and he knew Johnson wasn't coming back from the second he got him midseason.