PDA

View Full Version : Agree or Disagree: The Nuggets are the least relevant team in The Association

AirTupac
07-17-2016, 12:39 AM
From reddit.

"Nugs fan here that can't help thinking that we occupy the same nether realm of irrelevance/non-competitiveness as teams like the Tennessee Titans or Jacksonville Jaguars. The Ringer ran a nice piece recently detailing how the Nuggets are an young, intriguing, asset rich team yet they lack both name recognition and national attention to a severe degree.

Thoughts?"

I agree. Nug fans try so hard to weasel their way into NBA discussions. Like Jokic being the 2nd best rookie last season LOL. No one really cares about them. Wade laughed in their face with the highest offer on the market, thats very telling.

Nilocon165
07-17-2016, 12:48 AM
Don't know but the lakers including their fanbase are the biggest joke in the association that's for sure.

TaLvsCuaL
07-17-2016, 12:54 AM
I think The Nuggets is becoming the most international based team in the league. That somehow gives them an identity, and they are building a huge international fanbase due that reason.

bdreason
07-17-2016, 01:00 AM
Kings, Suns, Nets, Magic.

Sarcastic
07-17-2016, 01:16 AM
The only periods of relevance that they've ever had was the Carmelo years and Dikembe holding the ball after beating the Sonics.

Prime_Shaq
07-17-2016, 01:18 AM
Nets, and they will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

MMM
07-17-2016, 01:39 AM
I know the titans have been bad for a few years but are they really that irrelevent??? The jags might actually be a playoff team this year and the titans might be on the up swing if their franchise qb continues to improve. As for the Nuggs, i like their young pieces

NuggetsFan
07-17-2016, 01:50 AM
Irrelevant as in who gives a shit? Top 5. Maybe top 3, could maybe even make a case for least relevant given the fact were not a trainwreck competitively so we probably shouldn't be as irrelevant as we are.

I don't care about that as a fan tho. Just like to watch/discuss basketball. Broncos are really popular. Guess it's nice to read about your team in the media, discuss them with opposing fans. Seems to be the only time the Nuggets get attention lately is when were getting trolled. Only reason were getting trolled is because of the potential threat to L.A as a young core or else we'd be as irrelevant to them as we are to everybody else :confusedshrug:

Future looks bright as hell tho. People need to check up on Jokic. Just won the MVP oversea's, dominated advanced statistics/great raw numbers, didn't do it on a 17 win team, still so young. His passing is amazing. Mudiay/Murray/Harris/Nurkic/Jokic/Gomez/Beasley as young players + Gallo/Faried/Barton/D.A/Chandler as vets/trade pieces. Tons of cap space, own all our draft picks + Memphis picks. Not sure I've ever been as high on the Nuggets future as I am right now. Which means potential playoff wins, not championships but whatever :oldlol:

NuggetsFan
07-17-2016, 01:57 AM
The only periods of relevance that they've ever had was the Carmelo years and Dikembe holding the ball after beating the Sonics.

See. Here we have it. Nuggets won 57 games post Melo. Sure flopped in the playoffs after a Gallo injury/GS breaking out but still. Only certain teams win rings in the NBA. How many teams have won 57 games the past 10 years? Not saying it's a major accomplishment but in the grand scheme of things it's pretty great. It puts you ahead of atleast 10 teams. Nuggets get the attention of a bottom feeder, but there not. That's what makes them irrelevant. Even with a decent core nobody seems to really care :lol

Even with Melo. Pretty sure the Nuggets at one point had the 3rd longest or even 2nd longest playoff streak behind the Spurs/Mavs. Sure they flopped every year in the playoffs but once again that kinda streaks put you ahead of half the league.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-17-2016, 02:17 AM
From reddit.

Thoughts?

Someone once said "reddit is where dumb ppl go to sound smart." Sounds like that's still the case.

SouBeachTalents
07-17-2016, 02:18 AM
Hornets/Pelicans
Kings
T'wolves
Grizzlies
Bucks

The most irrelevant teams imo

Sarcastic
07-17-2016, 02:26 AM
See. Here we have it. Nuggets won 57 games post Melo. Sure flopped in the playoffs after a Gallo injury/GS breaking out but still. Only certain teams win rings in the NBA. How many teams have won 57 games the past 10 years? Not saying it's a major accomplishment but in the grand scheme of things it's pretty great. It puts you ahead of atleast 10 teams. Nuggets get the attention of a bottom feeder, but there not. That's what makes them irrelevant. Even with a decent core nobody seems to really care :lol

Even with Melo. Pretty sure the Nuggets at one point had the 3rd longest or even 2nd longest playoff streak behind the Spurs/Mavs. Sure they flopped every year in the playoffs but once again that kinda streaks put you ahead of half the league.

Let's put it another way. Would the Nuggets ever get a Xmas game? In Melo era, maybe. In Jokic era, NOPE.

KiiiiNG
07-17-2016, 02:29 AM
Jazz even get underrated in least relevant threads. God damn that team is irrelevant.

NuggetsFan
07-17-2016, 02:31 AM
Hornets/Pelicans
Kings
T'wolves
Grizzlies
Bucks

I think what could make Denver more irrelevant than teams like the Wolves/Kings is the fact that they are and have been atleast below average as opposed to a trainwreck. Kings/T-Wolves haven't made the playoffs in a decade and they probably get more media attention than Denver, even if in the Kings case it's negative. T-Wolves have an amazing young core now and starting to get a little hype behind them.

Denver just seems to be the team nobody cares about. Nobody really hates them. Outside of a 1-2 Laker fans now because of Mudiay/Russell and because a few of us keep mentioning our core vs there's. Maybe a couple Knick fans like 3-4 years ago. Not awful enough to be relevant. Not good enough to be relevant. Poor attendance/small fanbase. Seems to be changing a little bit. Jokic getting rookie of the year attention, Wade, the fact that our young core looks promising.

NuggetsFan
07-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Let's put it another way. Would the Nuggets ever get a Xmas game? In Melo era, maybe. In Jokic era, NOPE.

Jokic hasn't had an "era" so who knows. I know he just had a pretty stellar rookie season and seems to be building on it oversea's right now. He just had an amazing tourny that put him in the spotlight abit. This is what I'm taking about. Your ready to ignore a rookie simply because you probably never watched him or know anything about him because he plays on the Nuggets.

I get what your saying tho and kinda agree. I think the young players on the team have potential to change that. Just irrelevant right now so nobody's going to notice until they actually break out. Jokic did get some looks in the media. Pretty sure NBA.com had a write up about how he dominated statistically more so than anybody besides KAT in regards to advanced statistics.

NuggetsFan
07-17-2016, 02:38 AM
Jazz even get underrated in least relevant threads. God damn that team is irrelevant.

Jazz are a great choice too. I always forget about them and they play in the same division as my favorite team. Another team that hangs in the middle.

plowking
07-17-2016, 02:53 AM
Does OP do anything other than make disparaging threads about other teams outside of the Lakers? How shit is your life that this is what you resort to on a consistent basis?

AirTupac
07-17-2016, 03:30 AM
Someone once said "reddit is where dumb ppl go to sound smart." Sounds like that's still the case.

Because going on a website for NBA discussion does that. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm Idiot

L8krH8tr
07-17-2016, 03:48 AM
Does OP do anything other than make disparaging threads about other teams outside of the Lakers? How shit is your life that this is what you resort to on a consistent basis?
This ,op a joke laker butt boy .

AirTupac
07-17-2016, 03:51 AM
This ,op a joke laker butt boy .

Its from a Nuggets fan moron dimwit idiot :oldlol:

oh the horror
07-17-2016, 04:17 AM
Hornets/Pelicans
Kings
T'wolves
Grizzlies
Bucks

I'd argue the Wolves and maybe Bucks at least have pieces worth talking about. Especially the Wolves.

smoovegittar
07-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Strongly disagree... even tho they seem like they're out there on an island at times. Gotta get over the Karl hangover.

Psileas
07-17-2016, 09:24 AM
I think what could make Denver more irrelevant than teams like the Wolves/Kings is the fact that they are and have been atleast below average as opposed to a trainwreck. Kings/T-Wolves haven't made the playoffs in a decade and they probably get more media attention than Denver, even if in the Kings case it's negative. T-Wolves have an amazing young core now and starting to get a little hype behind them.

Denver just seems to be the team nobody cares about. Nobody really hates them. Outside of a 1-2 Laker fans now because of Mudiay/Russell and because a few of us keep mentioning our core vs there's. Maybe a couple Knick fans like 3-4 years ago. Not awful enough to be relevant. Not good enough to be relevant. Poor attendance/small fanbase. Seems to be changing a little bit. Jokic getting rookie of the year attention, Wade, the fact that our young core looks promising.

I agree with this. The Nuggets aren't even bad enough to be interesting. They don't get enough very high draft picks. Not to mention some fans care about negative records. At the same time, they never manage to sign big names or even interesting players in general, either. The city of Denver itself is considered among the most boring NBA cities - and this plays its role.

This isn't very hard to change, though. It takes some good eyes for the drafts. Up to a few years ago, the Nuggets were rivaled by the Warriors and yet, the Warriors nowadays are the team everyone cares about.

T_L_P
07-17-2016, 09:51 AM
It is the Nuggest imo.

Like NuggetsFan said, they're not good or bad enough for people to care.

The Nets are one of the most relevant teams in the league because they are tied to the hip with Boston and people continually mock how poor they are (same with the Sixers). The Kings are a bit controversial at times and run a lot PR gimmicks to draw some attention (hiring Vlade, bringing in the Indian kid). The Pelicans do have a superstar and made the Playoffs recently, but they are up there. The Suns are definitely top contenders too.

But in saying all this: did anybody not a fan of the Nuggets search out any of their games this year? Could you tell me where they picked in the draft? Could you name any of their 7-12 players?

I consider myself a hardcore basketball fan but I'd answer no to all of those questions. I don't care about them in the slightest, nobody does (doesn't help that they play in a football town too).

Edit: don't agree with your rationale though. Nuggets fans are some of the chillest I've seen, and Jokic is a great player.

lilteapot
07-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Nuggets and the Nets

Nastradamus
07-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Interesting. Maybe true, they lack big names and have lacked direction recently.

Love their draft though. Mudiay/Jokic is an interesting core and drafting 3 shooters to go with Harris was really smart. Nurkic is interesting as well. Probably need to trade Faried.