PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard will win his first of many MVP's this upcoming season

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 12:28 PM
LeBron doesn't care about the regular season and hasn't for some time now.

Curry, and mostly Durant, will be villainized next season and no one from the Warriors will have a shot at it similar to the 2011 Heat, except they are even more stacked with top talent. Will be too much of a 1a, 1b scenario with them stealing votes from each other.

Westbrook will be close and probably come in second, but his team won't be quite good enough.

That leaves Sugar K. to take the reigns that rightfully belong to him. The Spurs will win 60+ games and Leonard will take another leap. I predict 25+ PPG, 7+ boards, 3+ assists, 1 block, 2 steals in addition to DPOY level defense (he will finish top 3 in voting).

With Duncan retired, Parker and Manu a year older, taking a further step back, more of the load will be on Kawhi's shoulders. He JUST turned 25, so he still has some time left to improve and get better, which he has every season he's been in the league. He's a hard worker after all. He will have an all time great regular season just like last year and lead us to a top 2 seed again.

Guaranteed.

:pimp:

ZMonkey11
07-17-2016, 12:30 PM
1) You are quite possibly right.

2) Never use Sugar K again.

RRR3
07-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Many? How many MVPs are you expecting him to win? :kobe:

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Many? How many MVPs are you expecting him to win? :kobe:

No less than 3, possibly 5+.

Floor Pippen, ceiling Jordan.

:banana:

RRR3
07-17-2016, 12:57 PM
No less than 3, possibly 5+.

Floor Pippen, ceiling Jordan.

:banana:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7BAUOpJDVe4/UZ0bnGrVIhI/AAAAAAAAAnE/hsdsTEYw0uw/s1600/kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 12:58 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7BAUOpJDVe4/UZ0bnGrVIhI/AAAAAAAAAnE/hsdsTEYw0uw/s1600/kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif

Bookmarked.

RRR3
07-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Bookmarked.

I don't know if he'll ever win an MVP tbqh. KD and Curry obviously hurt their MVP chances for next season (unless one gets injured or starts sucking or something or is so unbelievable they get the MVP anyways), but LBJ, WB and CP3 (dark horse IMO) are all serious threats to win. If the Rockets played more like they did in 2015 (I doubt it but you never know) Harden would be a serious candidate as well. Paul George might even deserve a mention if he has a career year.

KiiiiNG
07-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Durant murdered that retard in this years playoffs. He's KD's bitch forever

r0drig0lac
07-17-2016, 01:06 PM
1) You are quite possibly right.

2) Never use Sugar K again.
this

Milbuck
07-17-2016, 01:09 PM
ceiling Jordan.

:roll:

Terahite
07-17-2016, 01:13 PM
Kawhi will 3peat for DPOY a la D12

Harden will win MVP

http://earnthis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/the-amazing-criswell.jpg

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 01:13 PM
Durant murdered that retard in this years playoffs. He's KD's bitch forever

:biggums:

Leonard was murking Durant on both ends then GOATbrook went Super Saiyan. Curry is a lot bigger choker than Westbrook, you better hope we don't meet in the play offs because you will regret this shit, chico.

:no:

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Kawhi will 3peat for DPOY a la D12

Harden will win MVP

http://earnthis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/the-amazing-criswell.jpg

Harden MVP?

:oldlol:

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 01:15 PM
:roll:

You have to admit Leonard has a better chance at MVP than Harden at least, my mans. And don't forget, Giannis isn't half the player Leonard is and irrelevant in FIBA/Euroleague play.

KiiiiNG
07-17-2016, 01:16 PM
:biggums:

Leonard was murking Durant on both ends then GOATbrook went Super Saiyan. Curry is a lot bigger choker than Westbrook, you better hope we don't meet in the play offs because you will regret this shit, chico.

Numbers don't lie, Leonard was thoroughly outplayed. He looked like a role player out there compared to Durant. Which he kinda sorta still is. If his jumper ain't falling... he's not much more than a defensive role player. No MVP's in his future.

Terahite
07-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Harden MVP?

You forget 2015 so soon :biggums:

Only PRIME (now past his) Stephen Curry outperformed him that year, and it was actually close. :facepalm

Milbuck
07-17-2016, 01:21 PM
You have to admit Leonard has a better chance at MVP than Harden at least, my mans. And don't forget, Giannis isn't half the player Leonard is and irrelevant in FIBA/Euroleague play.

Harden being garbage has nothing to do with Kawhi, don't know where that's coming from. I actually think Kawhi wins an MVP sometime in his career. I just think it's hilarious you think there's an actual shot of Kawhi ever reaching Michael f*cking Jordan level :oldlol:

And permaban bet me right now. Prime Giannis around age 24 will surpass Kawhi.

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 01:26 PM
I don't know if he'll ever win an MVP tbqh. KD and Curry obviously hurt their MVP chances for next season (unless one gets injured or starts sucking or something or is so unbelievable they get the MVP anyways), but LBJ, WB and CP3 (dark horse IMO) are all serious threats to win. If the Rockets played more like they did in 2015 (I doubt it but you never know) Harden would be a serious candidate as well. Paul George might even deserve a mention if he has a career year.

How is next season not perfectly tailored for him to win MVP? Can you at least admit he's a favorite to win it if not the frontrunner considering him coming in 2nd in voting last season on a 67 win team?

Like I said, Durant and Curry are unlikely given circumstances. I doubt one plays so much better than the other that they win the MVP. I'm sure both of their productions will go down, in fact, playing together.

LBJ I don't think will win any more MVP's (hasn't won one since 2012-2013 season and we're now heading into 2016-2017 season). He's a year older and will decline even more. Not to mention, he will probably rest/go on vacation and just plain out coast.

WB is a good pick, but I just feel that our team will be enough better this season that you won't be able to ignore the win disparity. WB's team needs to win a lot and be somewhat close, probably at least finish as a top seed, which can easily not happen, but we'll see.

CP3 will be older as well and decline more, not to mention Blake will be back in full form and want to prove something after his plights. CP3's production will go back down again. Not to mention DeAndre Jordan wanting to be more of a focal point.

Harden's team was an 8 seed last season and just hired a new coach who doesn't believe in defense either as well as lost their all-star center. They might not even make the play offs next season. Harden wasn't even voted All-NBA 3rd team despite being a much better offensive player than most who made it ahead of him. Voters seem to care about impact, winning, defense, etc a lot more than just the stat sheet in a losing situation (Cousins is another good example).

George is a decent pick. I'm a big fan, but I doubt they win enough games. We'll see I guess.

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Numbers don't lie, Leonard was thoroughly outplayed. He looked like a role player out there compared to Durant. Which he kinda sorta still is. If his jumper ain't falling... he's not much more than a defensive role player. No MVP's in his future.

He'll get it next season. Guaranteed. I'm willing to put my account on it, tbh. But nah, Leonard was outshooting Durant by a good margin (Durant is a horrid 3-point shooter compared to Leonard, almost as bad as Westbrook at least in the post season). Durant just had more help, that's all. Roberson showed up big and outplayed Green, which was HUGE. Adams was dominating along with Kanter. We had no answer for OKC's frontline. Aldridge and Leonard actually outplayed Durant and Westbrook outside of some buckets in garbage time. Go back and watch it for yourself.

:confusedshrug:

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 01:33 PM
You forget 2015 so soon :biggums:

Only PRIME (now past his) Stephen Curry outperformed him that year, and it was actually close. :facepalm

2015 was an outlier. I actually had Harden as the MVP that year, but 2016 was a complete 180 from that and instead of getting the #2 seed with a plethora of injuries, he finished with the #8 seed with a healthy squad. Similar production, but winning trumps all in the minds of the voters and Harden wasn't even voted All-NBA 3rd team.

:confusedshrug:

Spurs5Rings2014
07-17-2016, 01:38 PM
Harden being garbage has nothing to do with Kawhi, don't know where that's coming from. I actually think Kawhi wins an MVP sometime in his career. I just think it's hilarious you think there's an actual shot of Kawhi ever reaching Michael f*cking Jordan level :oldlol:

And permaban bet me right now. Prime Giannis around age 24 will surpass Kawhi.

He's as good if not better of a shooter than Jordan as well as defender. I don't think it's too arguable either. Definitely a better 3-point shooter with more makes on more attempts. His mid range is frosty as ****, too. Great slasher, finisher in traffick, can create his own shot, post, shoot the j, fadeaway, etc. Yeah, his scoring output is not close to Jordan's, but that's primarily because it doesn't need to be with the team first philosophy and playstyle we have. Make no mistake, Leonard is a supremely talented scorer in his own right, he just needs to be unleashed and I think he will have more free reign this next season than he's ever had before.

Deal and deal. There's no way Giannis will be better than Leonard right now. Leonard is literally x2 DPOY, 1x FMVP, 1x MVP runner up to one of the GOAT regular seasons, leading his team to the 7th best record in NBA history and the best home record in NBA history.

Kblaze8855
07-17-2016, 04:44 PM
It not out of line to suggest he could win MVP. I figure he, Lebron, westbrook, and Harden have a solid chance. Going in though? Lebron is riding a good wave of "This guy is clearly the leagues real MVP" emotion someone is gonna have to knock off.

Ben Simmons
07-17-2016, 04:46 PM
It not out of line to suggest he could win MVP. I figure he, Lebron, westbrook, and Harden have a solid chance. Going in though? Lebron is riding a good wave of "This guy is clearly the leagues real MVP" emotion someone is gonna have to knock off.
Yeah, but the Cavs probably shouldnt be relied up to win as many games as the Spurs in the regular season.

Kblaze8855
07-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Agreed. But an awful lot of people I know have MVP votes have been on the "Lebron is the real MVP" thing. If its close he probably gets a lot of "I'm not looking stupid again" votes.

Prometheus
07-17-2016, 06:45 PM
LeBron James will win his fifth (and final) MVP this season.

Kawhi Leonard will never win an MVP.

Spurs m8
07-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Posting in thread of truth.

Dude gets better every year and is only 25.

Came second last season, Curry had a freak reg season that peak in OKC and won't be repeated.

OP with the truth nukes

Sugar K the name can rot in hell tho

Spurs m8
07-17-2016, 08:06 PM
LeBron James will win his fifth (and final) MVP this season.

Kawhi Leonard will never win an MVP.

LOL you loser
LBJ MAN LBJ

ALL I KNOW IS LBJ AND DA CAVS

D-Wait
10-26-2016, 12:21 AM
31 points and beasting on D... your prediction might just become reality

Smoke117
10-26-2016, 12:30 AM
He's as good if not better of a shooter than Jordan as well as defender. I don't think it's too arguable either. Definitely a better 3-point shooter with more makes on more attempts. His mid range is frosty as ****, too. Great slasher, finisher in traffick, can create his own shot, post, shoot the j, fadeaway, etc. Yeah, his scoring output is not close to Jordan's, but that's primarily because it doesn't need to be with the team first philosophy and playstyle we have. Make no mistake, Leonard is a supremely talented scorer in his own right, he just needs to be unleashed and I think he will have more free reign this next season than he's ever had before.

Deal and deal. There's no way Giannis will be better than Leonard right now. Leonard is literally x2 DPOY, 1x FMVP, 1x MVP runner up to one of the GOAT regular seasons, leading his team to the 7th best record in NBA history and the best home record in NBA history.

LOL @ this guy trying to argue Leonard is anywhere close to Jordan.