PDA

View Full Version : Who was your go to civilization in Age of Empires 2?

Im Still Ballin
07-17-2016, 12:58 PM
You know I be rocking the Vikings

GOAT sea warfare, and solid on land

Didn't mind the Koreans either

Turtle ships

Nick Young
07-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Mongol feudal rush was my go to move, and the Byzantine fast castle sometimes. I liked the Saracens for maps with lots of water.

That is my favorite game ever. I spent so much time trying to become competitive when I was in 6th grade. Best RTS ever made.

Age of Empires III was also great, but hardly anyone played it online and it was difficult to get games, what a shame.

I just googled there are two new expansions I never heard about, "The Forgotten" and "African Kingdoms". Gotta check this out!

Do people still play AoK?

Im Still Ballin
07-17-2016, 02:24 PM
Mongol feudal rush was my go to move, and the Byzantine fast castle sometimes. I liked the Saracens for maps with lots of water.

That is my favorite game ever. I spent so much time trying to become competitive when I was in 6th grade. Best RTS ever made.

Age of Empires III was also great, but hardly anyone played it online and it was difficult to get games, what a shame.

I just googled there are two new expansions I never heard about, "The Forgotten" and "African Kingdoms". Gotta check this out!

Do people still play AoK?
Not sure but game is still hella active

https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/

Might get the game running again and bring back the old days

knickballer
07-17-2016, 10:04 PM
Total war series > Age of empires

CeltsGarlic
07-18-2016, 03:40 AM
RoN (rise of nations) was my shit. Egypt legit too strong

Velocirap31
07-18-2016, 08:47 AM
My go to was the Portugese because they had the unique building, Feitoria, that constantly generated all resources. The building just took 20 population or so to build. For maps with limited resources, they were amazing. Also, gold and stone were always rare so they allowed me to build a ridiculous amount of towers and castles. I'd build 10-12 of them and make almost 10 of every resource each second. Overpowered.

pauk
07-18-2016, 09:19 AM
1vs1 or in a team game Turks... Fastest imperial, deadliest civs, free chemistry, gunpowder boost, monk rush, gold gathering bonus, janissaries that gain control in castle age. You massed janissary, monks and bombard cannons with +2 range/25% HP & were unstoppable... In team games you wall or rush castle/imperial where they shine...
The box formation of bombard cannon, monks(on inside) and elite janissary(on outside) is just unbeatable. You try to kill janissaries on outside and monks heal them up meanwhile the uber ranged bombard cannons have already wiped ur army. Also the attack of janissaries is enough to wipe more than one army on any side(due to formation).

Vikings however on water dominated maps.

nathanjizzle
07-18-2016, 10:04 AM
zerg. sling bane rush at 620 is my signature move.

UK2K
07-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Brits...

+attack for ranged units made rushing more effective. Plus that range... park around the outskirts and annoy the hell out of the enemy.

And FYI, this game is still active. I played a few games of CBA this weekend.

Im Still Ballin
07-18-2016, 12:20 PM
Brits...

+attack for ranged units made rushing more effective. Plus that range... park around the outskirts and annoy the hell out of the enemy.

And FYI, this game is still active. I played a few games of CBA this weekend.
Such a classic

JEFFERSON MONEY
07-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Goth.

If you get to feudal and send archers on them, then knights on castle they'll be making the wrong units to counter

Then come the huskies.

Sara and Korea for DM.
Seige plus mames plus skirm plus Hussar
Or
War Wagon plus halb plus seige

Nick Young
07-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Goth.

If you get to feudal and send archers on them, then knights on castle they'll be making the wrong units to counter

Then come the huskies.

Sara and Korea for DM.
Or
some next level meta-strategy right there. Respect.

Akrazotile
07-18-2016, 02:40 PM
Played mostly DM in the AoK days, so typically Huns in 1v1 with a paladin rush, but also mixing in Celts, Saracens, and Britons for team games. Koreans were typically banned by consensus in online DM. Just too strong.

Shout out to my Microsoft Gaming Zone peeps from those days! Those were THE days...

Im Still Ballin
07-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Goth.

Then come the huskies.

Sara and Korea for DM.
Or
Bro, lack of stone walls!

Im Still Ballin
07-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Played mostly DM in the AoK days, so typically Huns in 1v1 with a paladin rush, but also mixing in Celts, Saracens, and Britons for team games. Koreans were typically banned by consensus in online DM. Just too strong.

Shout out to my Microsoft Gaming Zone peeps from those days! Those were THE days...
Damn bro! You're a seasoned veteran!

Nick Young
07-18-2016, 02:45 PM
I was an MGZ player too, played that game before the Conquerors came out. The glory days. Despite my efforts and attempts to master build orders, I was always a noob and the highest my rating ever got was 1820.

Im Still Ballin
07-18-2016, 02:51 PM
If we had an InsideHoops 8 player free for all death match, I'd easily win

You can't stop me when I get going

Nick Young
07-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Death match is noob status, why not random map FFA?

Akrazotile
07-18-2016, 04:01 PM
If we had an InsideHoops 8 player free for all death match, I'd easily win

You can't stop me when I get going

How would 4 ISH players do against one Silverback? Random civs.

UK2K
07-18-2016, 04:04 PM
I was an MGZ player too, played that game before the Conquerors came out. The glory days. Despite my efforts and attempts to master build orders, I was always a noob and the highest my rating ever got was 1820.
I made it to the low 1700s... :(

I was a pro at CBA though. Down to a science.