PDA

View Full Version : David Lee is still a Free Agent

bdreason
07-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Guy played well for Dallas last year. He's isn't a 30+ minute player anymore, but he can still play. I'm a D. Lee fan, so I hope he gets paid somewhere, but if he doesn't... I'm really hoping we can sign him for the Vet Min. Only rumor I've heard is the Spurs are interested.

TemporaMutantur
07-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Guy played well for Dallas last year. He's isn't a 30+ minute player anymore, but he can still play. I'm a D. Lee fan, so I hope he gets paid somewhere, but if he doesn't... I'm really hoping we can sign him for the Vet Min. Only rumor I've heard is the Spurs are interested.

I feel like he'd do great as LA's backup for the Spurs.

ScalsFan21
07-19-2016, 10:12 PM
I feel like he'd do great as LA's backup for the Spurs.

Eh... I don't know man. How many bigs who are either fossils/can't defend the rim can they afford to have as rotation players? I feel like they should bring in one more big that can give you 16-18 MPG of respectable D.

Lee is still a solid bench player and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to go to one of three teams with more than a 0.1% chance of a title though. :lol

Spurs m8
07-19-2016, 10:22 PM
Considering we don't have a 2nd PF, i'd f*ckin take him aye

And don't say Anderson....

3peated
07-19-2016, 10:25 PM
maybe lakers can max him out

knickballer
07-19-2016, 10:32 PM
I wish he'd come back to NY. Getting rid of him was a mistake and we'd have been way better off with Lee over Amare.

Regardless, I think he'd been a good fit for us. Very skilled offensive scorer who is a big that Phil Jackson likes(passing, comfortable in the high post, good finisher around the rim, etc). His defense has always been suspect and no doubt he's probably worst at this point but playing him next to Noah during times and even Zingis Khan would give him defensive cover(don't like to see the Khan wear down guarding the opposition bigs).

But him going to a contender makes sense too. Just please don't go to an irrelevant team like Phoenix.

GimmeThat
07-20-2016, 01:20 AM
I'd like to think that his agent can scout him out a deal that is 3 years with the 4th year being a player option.

the contract may look bad from a team's perspective, but there ARE too many teams out there.

Nike D'Antoni
07-20-2016, 01:28 AM
I expect Warriors to pick him up, he commits alot of dirty fouls. One of dirtiest players in history of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTsbGR9hNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ov4WIg4Bo

He fits Warriors organization.

MintBerryCrunch
07-20-2016, 01:42 AM
He should join the Warriors. I hear they need more help.