PDA

View Full Version : My Persian buddy got profiled....

9erempiree
07-21-2016, 02:05 PM
He went to Starbucks before work and got himself a coffee and had the coffee in his car.

He was sitting their for 15 minutes then the police arrived.

Searched him and the BMW for weapons. They told him they were looking for weapons and let him keep his marijuana as long as they search him and his car.

:wtf:

west_tip
07-21-2016, 02:21 PM
Without knowing more of the context it's hard to speak on this particular situation but people sitting in their car for extended periods of time with no obviously discernible reason are naturally going to arouse some suspicion from passersby. Is the person casing somewhere? Is the person a sexual predator looking for a victim? Is he about to make a drug deal? Stuff like that goes through peoples minds.

Even though it can be a perfectly innocuous thing to do (you are waiting for someone, you have time to kill, you are listening to music etc) I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be a little skittish.

Facepalm
07-21-2016, 02:49 PM
Without knowing more of the context it's hard to speak on this particular situation but people sitting in their car for extended periods of time with no obviously discernible reason are naturally going to arouse some suspicion from passersby. Is the person casing somewhere? Is the person a sexual predator looking for a victim? Is he about to make a drug deal? Stuff like that goes through peoples minds.

Even though it can be a perfectly innocuous thing to do (you are waiting for someone, you have time to kill, you are listening to music etc) I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be a little skittish.
There's going to be alot of people sitting in their car at gyms and lured pokestops because of Pokemon.

Levity
07-21-2016, 03:06 PM

reminds me of this

Police received a call that a man was sitting by a tree and staring suspiciously at a local bank. The man was trying to get out of the rain.

http://www.oregonlive.com/forest-grove/index.ssf/2016/07/forest_grove_police_log_15.html

9erempiree
07-21-2016, 03:14 PM
My buddy is a light skinned Arab. Always wear his Patriots hat backwards, probably baggy cargo short with flip flops.

A chill ass dude from Laguna Hills.

I'm pretty sure they saw Middle Eastern dude and alerted the cops.

west_tip
07-21-2016, 03:34 PM
My buddy is a light skinned Arab. Always wear his Patriots hat backwards, probably baggy cargo short with flip flops.

A chill ass dude from Laguna Hills.

I'm pretty sure they saw Middle Eastern dude and alerted the cops.

You're probably right, but I'm just curious, what was he doing sitting in his car?

9erempiree
07-21-2016, 03:40 PM
You're probably right, but I'm just curious, what was he doing sitting in his car?

He likes to vape and Starbucks does not allow smoking or vaping.

One of the things he does is get his coffee and vape in his car because the stupid public are afraid of a little smoke and vape.:facepalm

UK2K
07-21-2016, 04:36 PM
You call it profiling...

But what it really was was cops checking out something unusual or out of place.

Patrick Chewing
07-21-2016, 05:06 PM
Persian, Arab, all the same thing. The last thing you want to find out is that your best friend is in league with the enemy.

Better to be safe than to be sorry. This is why I don't have any Arab friends. The heartbreak would be too much.

bladefd
07-21-2016, 05:46 PM
Persian, Arab, all the same thing. The last thing you want to find out is that your best friend is in league with the enemy.

Better to be safe than to be sorry. This is why I don't have any Arab friends. The heartbreak would be too much.

You are a fu<king moron.