PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook jumps to #1 in new ESPN fantasy basketball rankings.

BlakFrankWhite
07-22-2016, 01:38 PM
TripleDoubleBrook overtakes Curry and Bron in the rankings.

MVP 2017!

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/17112773/russell-westbrook-jumps-no-1-new-fantasy-basketball-rankings-fantasy-basketball

SilkkTheShocker
07-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Did I miss something or did the league stop taking into consideration team records when it comes to MVP voting? Good Lord, Westbrook is easily the most overrated player in the league. This board is in love with an inefficient r.etard. Dude is literally one knee injury away from coming off the bench for the Bejing Ducks.

Nilocon165
07-22-2016, 01:49 PM
Did I miss something or did the league stop taking into consideration team records when it comes to MVP voting? Good Lord, Westbrook is easily the most overrated player in the league. This board is in love with an inefficient r.etard. Dude is literally one knee injury away from coming off the bench for the Bejing Ducks.
It's just fantasy :facepalm

He's obviously gonna average more than anyone in the league considering Curry and Durant are on the same team.

Meticode
07-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Are you aware they're talking about "fantasy" rating. Like fantasy basketball and now MVP ranking right?

SilkkTheShocker
07-22-2016, 01:53 PM
It's just fantasy :facepalm

He's obviously gonna average more than anyone in the league considering Curry and Durant are on the same team.

Let me ask you something you f.ucking potato. Did you not miss the part where he said "MVP 2017!". Don't post for the sake of just posting. Do me a favor. Find someone capable of turning on an oven. Get them to open it. And than please stick your head in it. Ok? Thanks.

SilkkTheShocker
07-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Are you aware they're talking about "fantasy" rating. Like fantasy basketball and now MVP ranking right?

Are you aware that the OP referred to Westbrook as being the 2017 MVP?

Nilocon165
07-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Let me ask you something you f.ucking potato. Did you not miss the part where he said "MVP 2017!". Don't post for the sake of just posting. Do me a favor. Find someone capable of turning on an oven. Get them to open it. And than please stick your head in it. Ok? Thanks.
:biggums:

scuzzy
07-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Yikes :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Yikes :lol

It's fine. Dude will be here in May making emotional post about he hates LeBron the first time we lose a playoff game. F.uck him.

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 02:10 PM
To me it really depends on the league format/settings.

I'd have a hard time passing up RWB at #1 overall though with Curry and Durant now sharing the court; those are two guys I definitely would've drafted over Westbrook in most formats.

But the guy has never shot above 45% from the field for a full season and is good for 4-5 turnovers a game, and we can only expect the usage rate to either rise to a new insane, unwarranted level, or at best stay put where it is. 42.5% FG incoming, hard to overlook that.

Meticode
07-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Are you aware that the OP referred to Westbrook as being the 2017 MVP?
Yes, but it's not the topic of the thread.

JT123
07-22-2016, 02:18 PM
It's fine. Dude will be here in May making emotional post about he hates LeBron the first time we lose a playoff game. F.uck him.
Ouch :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Yes, but it's not the topic of the thread.

Doesn't matter. It's grossly inaccurate. If he wants to put an article about Westbrook's ability to put up the league's most worthless triple doubles this season, be my guest. Westbrook is like the QB in fantasy football that you would rather have on your fantasy team, than the actual team you root for. But I will not stand for someone claiming the most overrated player in the NBA by a mile, is going to win the MVP. The people claiming this man has a chance at MVP seem to forget how much regular season record matters.

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Doesn't matter. It's grossly inaccurate. If he wants to put an article about Westbrook's ability to put up the league's most worthless triple doubles this season, be my guest. Westbrook is like the QB in fantasy football that you would rather have on your fantasy team, than the actual team you root for. But I will not stand for someone claiming the most overrated player in the NBA by a mile, is going to win the MVP. The people claiming this man has a chance at MVP seem to forget how much regular season record matters.

Do you remember the time Russell Westbrook played 67 games in a season, led the league in scoring and still missed the playoffs to an injury-riddled Pelicans team? Not sure if emptier stats exist anywhere in the league.

That's what happens when you give back so much of what you do well on the floor.

Meticode
07-22-2016, 02:32 PM
:(

SilkkTheShocker
07-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Do you remember the time Russell Westbrook played 67 games in a season, led the league in scoring and still missed the playoffs to an injury-riddled Pelicans team? Not sure if emptier stats exist anywhere in the league.

That's what happens when you give back so much of what you do well on the floor.

I find the hype for him absolutely astounding. By far the most overrated player in the NBA and it's not even close. MVP talks for this chump? :lol Can't defend, can't shoot, and dumber than a bag of hammers.

MVP!!! :facepalm

imdaman99
07-22-2016, 03:10 PM
I got him at 50% chance at mvp and easily the best fantasy player :pimp:

Fudge
07-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Anthony Davis should easily be top 3.

KiiiiNG
07-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Only if that ****** could stay on the court. Never again will I select him.

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 03:38 PM

I would take him over any other big man (Towns taking another step forward with Thibs minutes could make this damn close tho). It's just Davis' glass ways would make me hesitant to take him on as my best player.

I miss the days where owning LeBeast in fantasy was so much fun... dude rests during the head-to-head fantasy playoffs every year now, couldn't pay me to draft him in that. Still he's got a case over Davis just on sheer durability.

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 03:39 PM

Cost me a chip... still bitter. :lol

GP_20
07-22-2016, 03:41 PM
Fun stuff

Last year I had Westbrook, CP3, and LeBron on the same team in the most active/competitive fantasy league on ISH. Also had Draymond Green. And Andre Drummond. And DeAndre Jordan. And Dwight Howard. :lol: It was a 14 team league too lol. Absolute domination.

Full Team Championship Thread:
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402977

The Fantasy GOAT, me, is looking for new competition this year

warriorfan
07-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Fantasy basketball is for ******s

KiiiiNG
07-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Fun stuff

Last year I had Westbrook, CP3, and LeBron on the same team in the most active/competitive fantasy league on ISH. Also had Draymond Green. And Andre Drummond. And DeAndre Jordan. And Dwight Howard. :lol: It was a 14 team league too lol. Absolute domination.

Full Team Championship Thread:
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402977

The Fantasy GOAT, me, is looking for new competition this year
Andre Drummond was the number 1 sleeper pick last year. The fact you had Westbrook, LeBron, CP3, AND Draymond is crazy. You were playing with a bunch of morons.

I picked Davis number 1, and had to scrap my way to a championship with dudes like Lowry, Derozan, Butler, Whiteside, and KAT.

KiiiiNG
07-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Cost me a chip... still bitter. :lol
:lol

What'd the rest of your roster look like

Vancouver-Grizz
07-22-2016, 03:52 PM
you would think Harden would be mentioned and billed to the top as well with Mike D taking over. His usage rating will sky rocket with Mikey's O.

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 03:59 PM

What'd the rest of your roster look like

It was actually pretty stacked lol. We do a $ league (redraft style) with our close friends every year, gets heated af and the trash talk is actually very ISH-like. It's awesome.

It's great but half the league are total idiots who still think it's a good move to draft guys like D12 and D-Rose high, so it's not "competitive" in a smart way. :lol

It was a "no excuses" loss really. Traded for Curry, I took AD #1 overall (thought that duo would make it a wrap), had DJ, Kyrie, Jimmy, Middleton, I think Ariza, Aldridge, Horf... 12 team league. Bigs were stacked but team had no balance. Melted down harder than an MJ stan on the night of Game 7 this year. The nail in the coffin was actually Curry getting held to one 3PM in LA on the last Sunday... damn Michael Huertas.

stalkerforlife
07-22-2016, 04:00 PM
:biggums:

Damn man, you're going to let the Bran family clown on you and then still beg to be a part of the group?

Cringe. :confusedshrug:

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 04:01 PM
you would think Harden would be mentioned and billed to the top as well with Mike D taking over. His usage rating will sky rocket with Mikey's O.

True... pace could get crazy. He's got similar issues to WB with the horrific FG% and TOs but a stud everywhere else. Rooting for the Nets, it's hard to even enjoy the meaningless basketball RS without fantasy anymore.

SilkkTheShocker
07-22-2016, 04:14 PM

Glad you were able to finally find a hobby.

theaussieguy
07-22-2016, 04:55 PM
'jumps'.....lmao, more like hobbles knowing his vert

GP_20
07-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Andre Drummond was the number 1 sleeper pick last year. The fact you had Westbrook, LeBron, CP3, AND Draymond is crazy. You were playing with a bunch of morons.

I picked Davis number 1, and had to scrap my way to a championship with dudes like Lowry, Derozan, Butler, Whiteside, and KAT.

They called themselves the most competitive and fantasy league members. They even had a forum on ISH dedicated to the league.

I crushed them. With a team, that is literally a fantasy. I mean yeah Drummond was a beast, but pairing him with DeAndre Jordan and Dwight Howard, is even more beastly. But then to have superstars like CP3 Westbrook LeBron and Draymond? And still solid role players like MCW, Mirotic, Smart, Korver, JJ Redick?

I re-define 'fantasy' teams.

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 05:16 PM
They called themselves the most competitive and fantasy league members. They even had a forum on ISH dedicated to the league.

I crushed them. With a team, that is literally a fantasy. I mean yeah Drummond was a beast, but pairing him with DeAndre Jordan and Dwight Howard, is even more beastly. But then to have superstars like CP3 Westbrook LeBron and Draymond? And still solid role players like MCW, Mirotic, Smart, Korver, JJ Redick?

I re-define 'fantasy' teams.

I've heard enough. Put me in the league.

GP_20
07-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Anyways after destroying the "most competitive" league on ISH last year, I am renewing the league to bring in new competition this yea. If you're any good and want consideration, and since ISHs PMs are dead....shoot me an email at Glove_20_13809@yahoo.com

I've posted on this website for a long time, for those that don't know me, I'm basically a god for all sorts of competitions on ISH (current fantasy basketball champion, ISH Poker tournament champion, NCAA pick'em champion, ISH WIF Champion, etc.). I simply win. It's because I'm better than everyone on ISH. My intelligence & knowledge of sports is unlimited.

warriorfan
07-22-2016, 05:31 PM
Anyways after destroying the "most competitive" league on ISH last year, I am renewing the league to bring in new competition this yea. If you're any good and want consideration, and since ISHs PMs are dead....shoot me an email at Glove_20_13809@yahoo.com

I've posted on this website for a long time, for those that don't know me, I'm basically a god for all sorts of competitions on ISH (current fantasy basketball champion, ISH Poker tournament champion, NCAA pick'em champion, ISH WIF Champion, etc.). I simply win. It's because I'm better than everyone on ISH. My intelligence & knowledge of sports is unlimited.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ZMonkey11
07-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Damn silk taking fat Ls like my dogs shuts. Opens his mouth and look where he's at. Defending that ass hat he calls himself.

Ls on Ls on Ls. Stack em high big man. Stack em high.

hihellohi765
07-22-2016, 07:46 PM

Do you remember all the other injuries the team had that year too? And the team was built around KD. This year's team is built more around Russ in that there's shooters, slashes and defenders. Not tonly mention a better coach.
And I don't have enough the stats in front of me but Russ fg% goes up as his usage rate goes up.

bdreason
07-22-2016, 08:16 PM
He's gonna be a fantasy monster. If you're in a 9 cat league you may have to tank to's though. :oldlol:

IcanzIIravor
07-23-2016, 02:03 AM

Burned me too. I thought for sure this would be a monster year for him. Fantasy wise and barring injuries it will definitely be Westbrook with his all-around game.

Terahite
07-23-2016, 02:19 AM
Glad you were able to finally find a hobby.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Spurs5Rings2014
07-23-2016, 06:43 AM
Do you remember all the other injuries the team had that year too? And the team was built around KD. This year's team is built more around Russ in that there's shooters, slashes and defenders. Not tonly mention a better coach.
And I don't have enough the stats in front of me but Russ fg% goes up as his usage rate goes up.

These people are retards and trolls. No use dropping facts on them.

:oldlol:

hihellohi765
07-23-2016, 02:22 PM
These people are retards and trolls. No use dropping facts on them.

:oldlol:
Lol true. That's why I have the low post count I do. Sometimes just can't resist though.

ScalsFan21
07-23-2016, 03:33 PM

I know, the whole team was decimated that year. RWB is the kind of guy I want to like a lot, he just isn't a championship player. His style will never led to winning titles as a #1 or #2 option because he's not good enough to be the top option, and not willing enough to take a backseat role. He will have all-time great games and then give it all away with bonehead plays as we've seen so often. It's awesome that he can make highlight reel plays, drop triple doubles, and go full throttle for 48 minutes seemingly without missing a beat or getting winded. A never-ending ball of energy.

But he has a low basketball IQ, he has no understanding of when he needs to stop firing long-range shots when he's one of the worst in the NBA out of qualifying 3-PT shooters, and is a turnover machine who gives back so much of what he does well. If he were truly a "top 5 player" the way some people believe, Durant wouldn't have essentially sacrificed his reputation to get away from him.

In OKC, Durant had been claiming to be so angry that people say him and Russ wouldn't win together when they were struck by injuries so many times. And then he left him because he knows that despite the fact that Westbrook can win you games by himself, despite the fact that he is never afraid of the moment... he knows that he won't win a title with him. Westbrook cannot curtail his stupid for 4 straight series, and certainly not in a league that seems to be headed in the direction of more superteams to contend with GS/CLE.

This year, we are going to see what Westbrook can do when the chips are down. You say this team is built for Westbrook to really thrive with more than ever? I say there's no such thing. I say he won't mesh well with Oladipo with their similar strengths. I say the idea that he could ever have a season worthy of being named MVP is outlandish. Guess we'll find out.

Swaggin916
07-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Yea It's got to be Westbrook with Davis/Towns up there.

SilkkTheShocker
07-27-2016, 01:16 PM

Cringed hard reading this. Wow.