TomCat
07-22-2016, 10:16 PM
fouled out?

RRR3
07-22-2016, 10:19 PM
https://m.popkey.co/d4cd6a/WxKz1_s-200x150.gif

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 10:19 PM
5 and 6 were horrible calls, the rest were legit including the block on LeBron, shouldn't have put himself in that position where it could be called, game was basically over anyway by the 6th one.

That being said, the answer is almost never. It's one of the first times in a long time I've seen an elite superstar get fouled out of an important game in regulation.

warriorfan
07-22-2016, 10:20 PM
often in fixed finals

RRR3
07-22-2016, 10:21 PM
5 and 6 were horrible calls, the rest were legit including the block on LeBron, shouldn't have put himself in that position where it could be called, game was basically over anyway by the 6th one.

That being said, the answer is almost never. It's one of the first times in a long time I've seen an elite superstar get fouled out of an important game in regulation.
LeBron has fouled out of at least two important playoff games in recent years IIRC.

And the 6th one wasn't BS. He shouldn't have been so aggressive with 5 fouls. Idiotic play by ZVC

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 10:25 PM
LeBron has fouled out of at least two important playoff games in recent years IIRC.

And the 6th one wasn't BS. He shouldn't have been so aggressive with 5 fouls. Idiotic play by ZVC
I agree that he shouldn't have been so aggressive, he showed an alarming trend of being overzealous on D. There was no reason for him to be involved in that play the way he was, but I honestly didn't think it was technically a foul on him looking at it.

I actually don't remember a playoff game LeBron fouled out of off the top of my head, when did that happen?

plowking
07-22-2016, 10:26 PM
I'm a Curry fan and I didn't see any problem at all with the calls. People were just looking for something to use as a scape goat. He played dumb, reached and put himself in positions he shouldn't have.

I can't believe people were actually complaining about the blocking foul as well. So damn obvious lol.

RRR3
07-22-2016, 10:28 PM
I agree that he shouldn't have been so aggressive, he showed an alarming trend of being overzealous on D. There was no reason for him to be involved in that play the way he was, but I honestly didn't think it was technically a foul on him looking at it.

I actually don't remember a playoff game LeBron fouled out of off the top of my head, when did that happen?
2012 vs Celtics and 2013 vs Pacers

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=jamesle01&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_day=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pf

Hmm didn't know LeBron had two games with 5 fouls vs GS last year. Interesting. Not saying it means anything, I literally just meant it was interesting :lol

SouBeachTalents
07-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Lol, that was nothing compared to LeBron in Game 5 of the 2014 ECF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJsdQazLi0c

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 10:33 PM
^^ Interesting. I had literally no recollection of that happening.

The LeBeast game I'm most FURIOUS was cut short was without a doubt Game 1 in SA, the AC LeCramp game. It was literally a freakin' coin toss that game and who knows what a Game 1 road win could have done? It felt like SA's year and they deserved it, Wade was not up for the challenge with his knees that year... still I wonder what could've been if Miami won that game.

K.dot ShowTime
07-22-2016, 10:34 PM
You know the answer.

It was fixes.

RRR3
07-22-2016, 10:35 PM
^^ Interesting. I had literally no recollection of that happening.

The LeBeast game I'm most FURIOUS was cut short was without a doubt Game 1 in SA, the AC LeCramp game. It was literally a freakin' coin toss that game and who knows what a Game 1 road win could have done? It felt like SA's year and they deserved it, Wade was not up for the challenge with his knees that year... still I wonder what could've been if Miami won that game.
If LeBron's dumbass stayed hydrated, that shit wouldn't happen.

ScalsFan21
07-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Yeah... wasn't smart. You don't expect a guy like him to make that kind of a mistake, usually you'd expect his conditioning/preparation to be so on point that you almost take it for granted, and then that happens.

ShawkFactory
07-22-2016, 10:59 PM
Alt..

..alt!

Bankaii
07-22-2016, 11:34 PM
How often does an MVP have 0 points on 0/1 with a crucial turnover in the Game 7 of a Finals?

warriorfan
07-22-2016, 11:38 PM
How often does an MVP have 0 points on 0/1 with a crucial turnover in the Game 7 of a Finals?

Most 4th Quarter Points during the Finals

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

In the 2016 Finals he was not able to play as well as he did in 2015

What happened in 2016 that didn't happen in 2015? The serious MCL injury

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/m_8DziMFB8s/0.jpg

The MCL is one of four ligaments connecting the femur bone to the tibia at the knee. It helps keep the knee stable as it moves from the outside to the inside.

So the lateral movements are going to put pressure on the ligament.

Athletic trainers refer to what’s called a “valgus” position — that’s when the knee is turned inward toward the center of the body, and the MCL stretches to keep the joint stable.

Most people naturally stand in a slight valgus position, meaning they are putting a little pressure on their MCL without even trying. Playing basketball just adds to that stress, especially during quick lateral movements

“That valgus position occurs pretty often in basketball,” said Meredith Petschauer, an exercise and sports science professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “because what you have to do in basketball all the time is plant your foot and turn in a different direction.”

The time table for return of an MCL sprain is 2 to 4 weeks.

(Keep in mind that healing timetable is for every day activity, nothing more strenuous than walking up one flight of stairs, NOT playing professional basketball)

Stephen Curry returned from the injury after only 2 weeks because the Warriors were struggling against Portland without him.

Stephen Curry re-aggravated his knee injury by coming back too early and then playing 40+ minutes of playoff basketball plus overtime in his record setting performance against Portland.

Therefore we can conclude that Curry's MCL injury was the differentiating factor which lowered Curry's production

SouBeachTalents
07-22-2016, 11:41 PM
Most 4th Quarter Points during the Finals

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

In the 2016 Finals he was not able to play as well as he did in 2015

What happened in 2016 that didn't happen in 2015? The serious MCL injury

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/m_8DziMFB8s/0.jpg

The time table for return of an MCL sprain is 2 to 4 weeks.

(Keep in mind that healing timetable is for every day activity, nothing more strenuous than walking up one flight of stairs, NOT playing professional basketball)

Stephen Curry returned from the injury after only 2 weeks because the Warriors were struggling against Portland without him.

Stephen Curry re-aggravated his knee injury by coming back too early and then playing 40+ minutes of playoff basketball plus overtime in his record setting performance against Portland.

Therefore we can conclude that Curry's MCL injury was the differentiating factor which lowered Curry's production

In the 4th quarter of Game 7 Curry scored 3 points, missed his last 5 shots, didn't record a single assist/rebound/steal/block, threw a behind the back pass out of bounds and had Kyrie drain the game winner in his face. You can't blame an injury for ALL of that

ILLsmak
07-22-2016, 11:42 PM
https://m.popkey.co/d4cd6a/WxKz1_s-200x150.gif

haha.

-Smak

warriorfan
07-22-2016, 11:50 PM
In the 4th quarter of Game 7 Curry scored 3 points, missed his last 5 shots, didn't record a single assist/rebound/steal/block, threw a behind the back pass out of bounds and had Kyrie drain the game winner in his face. You can't blame an injury for ALL of that

Steph went from one of the clutchest finals performances of all time in 2015, averaging 11 points during the 4th on 75% True Shooting, to not being able to score 3 points in the 4th quarter in 2016

It's pretty obvious that the MCL injury was the differentiating factor which caused his decline in play

Watch his play in the 2016 Playoffs and Finals after the MCL injury and then watch his play before, it's a drastic night and day difference

Bankaii
07-22-2016, 11:59 PM
bullshit excuses
An injury that horrible must take a lot of reconstruction.
When's Steph's surgery?

warriorfan
07-23-2016, 12:01 AM
An injury that horrible must take a lot of reconstruction.
When's Steph's surgery?

Curry may still have surgery

Curry also has withdrawn from the Olympic USA team due to the knee injury

Now that Curry has the entire off season for recovery, it is possible Curry's doctors could elect for a recovery plan that does not involve invasive surgery

Gotterdammerung
07-23-2016, 12:03 AM
Yeah... wasn't smart. You don't expect a guy like him to make that kind of a mistake, usually you'd expect his conditioning/preparation to be so on point that you almost take it for granted, and then that happens.
Indeed. However, cramps are more likely to occur to people with above-average amount of muscle, like Lebron James, who's known for cramping.

Here's an interesting article from 2014:
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11048753/lebron-james-salty-solution

Bankaii
07-23-2016, 12:07 AM
Curry may still have surgery

Curry also has withdrawn from the Olympic USA team due to the knee injury

Now that Curry has the entire off season for recovery, it is possible Curry's doctors could elect for a recovery plan that does not involve invasive surgery
Cool, when's his surgery?
And you seem to know a lot of info on the situation. Have any sources to support these claims?

inclinerator
07-23-2016, 12:07 AM

warriorfan
07-23-2016, 12:11 AM
Cool, when's his surgery?
And you seem to know a lot of info on the situation.
I believe I answered this in my previous post

Have any sources to support these claims?

Multiple

Bankaii
07-23-2016, 12:28 AM
I believe I answered this in my previous post

Multiple
Never I found a legitimate source.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/stephen-curry-says-no-surgery-no-excuses-after-losing-nba-finals/

I guess you were wrong, and your excuses are just among you look pathetic.:(

knicksman
07-23-2016, 12:42 AM
And curry has been put into foul troubles consecutive games once cle was down. Only gullible idiots dont believe nba is fixed. As donaghy have said, "nba wanted lebron to win." Then 2016 and 2012 happen. Putting stars into foul trouble. Lol

plowking
07-23-2016, 12:53 AM
Lol, that was nothing compared to LeBron in Game 5 of the 2014 ECF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJsdQazLi0c

Honestly, there is no comparison.

Every single call in that video was an incorrect one. It was one of the most obvious attempts to take a player out of a game I've seen in a while. Truly one of the few games I watched where I was like "well this is set up"...

Curry's calls were all for the most part correct.

CarlosBoozer
07-23-2016, 12:53 AM
Curry showcased how low his IQ is in the finals, kept reaching even when he was in foul trouble. Embarrassing

knicksman
07-23-2016, 01:01 AM
To all of you idiots out there, heres how nba rig games:

Bait them into playing physical by letting the opposing team play that way. And since physical means foul in the rule book then currys fouls were legit.

Gone are the days of ft disparity. Its so obvious to rig that way so they have to use more subtle ways. First it was durant and now curry. Lol